Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Dont Ninian say she don’t live too long tho? 🤔

Dont give a man a wife thats gonna drop dead in 6 mos

I mean, coming from a half-dragon, saying "won't live long" can still be relative.

She'd live long enough to give birth to Roy, who was born years after the end of the game, considering he's only 15 in Binding Blade. So that's still plenty of time.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, coming from a half-dragon, saying "won't live long" can still be relative.

She'd live long enough to give birth to Roy, who was born years after the end of the game, considering he's only 15 in Binding Blade. So that's still plenty of time.

Ya... thats true. Like that old hermit witch says in FE6 Fae is way older than she is. Lol

Link's Awakening HD is the biggest proof i sucked at games as a kid because *damn* these dungeons are short and the bosses are nothing. I remember in the DX version was looking up walkthroughs for everything and constantly dying.

11 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Dont Ninian say she don’t live too long tho? 🤔

Dont give a man a wife thats gonna drop dead in 6 mos

We can actually do math for an approximate estimate of how long Ninian lived. Eliwood is 17 in Blazing Blade. Binding Blade takes place 20 years later so he's 37.  Blazing's epilouge takes place 15 years after the end of the game, so 5 years before Binding Blade. Roy is 15 in Binding Blade which means in Blazing's epilogue, he must've been 10 years old, same with Lilina.

We don't know when Ninian (or any of Eliwood's potential wives) dies before the start of Binding but she at least lived 10 years after the end of Blazing and at most lived 14 years.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Link's Awakening HD is the biggest proof i sucked at games as a kid because *damn* these dungeons are short and the bosses are nothing. I remember in the DX version was looking up walkthroughs for everything and constantly dying.

Is that the one with the face boss that hovers in the air and you gotta toss a bomb in the top of it at just the right time? 🤔

That fight took me a damn hour or so

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

Is that the one with the face boss that hovers in the air and you gotta toss a bomb in the top of it at just the right time? 🤔

I don't think i've gotten there yet, i just beat Angler's Tunnel.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What scene?

It was when Chrom was beginning to despair over whether they could save Emmeryn or not. Sumia approaches him and hits him, while telling him to get a hold of himself. Usually in this kind of situations, it'd be done through the Armor-Piercing Slap (TM), but instead, Sumia... basically Falcon Punches him. Uh huh.

And like I said, this scene happens with her and only her. Even if they have no support rank between each other yet. No variations with the other girls. It's a Sumia-exclusive scene that she got because... well, as part of the intention that she's Chrom pesudo-canonical love interest.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

as part of the intention that she's Chrom pesudo-canonical love interest.

Reason being she was basically supposed to be the second coming of Caeda, much like how Cordelia is Catria 2.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

That fight took me a damn hour or so

Thats the Face dungeon, which is after Cat Fish's Maw.

Considering Awakening was possibly FE's last hurrah, yeah, I think it made them be a bit daring in actually cementing an actual relationship with the main Lord... while still keeping it open for the players to choose.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was when Chrom was beginning to despair over whether they could save Emmeryn or not. Sumia approaches him and hits him, while telling him to get a hold of himself. Usually in this kind of situations, it'd be done through the Armor-Piercing Slap (TM), but instead, Sumia... basically Falcon Punches him. Uh huh.

And like I said, this scene happens with her and only her. Even if they have no support rank between each other yet. No variations with the other girls. It's a Sumia-exclusive scene that she got because... well, as part of the intention that she's Chrom pesudo-canonical love interest.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

one-punch-man.gif

Oh yeah, that.

I uh, forgot about it, since it’s not exactly peak romance. But it is a scene between Chrom and Sumia that exists, so…

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Still though, IntSys seemingly pushes Chrom/Robin now more.

Robin...

• ...Is in Smash. 
  • ...Shows up frequently in other crossovers (which often have limited space unable to accommodate Sumia). 
  • ...Is the one of the three main characters of Awakening (the main character in the final arc).
  • ...And the first hugely successful avatar of FE.

Sumia is Pegasus Knight 4*10^916th, and of no real importance.

Caeda has gotten away with frequent notable crossover appearances despite being strictly irrelevant like Sumia. This is b/c Archanea's threadbare plot doesn't have many heroic actors. It's Marth + Malladus/Jagen 85% of the time. That antiquated model built around strict (few or no characters who retreat with severe injuries instead of dying) narrative permadeath, which endured in FE until Blazing Blade. (Lilina likewise benefits from strict narrative permadeath.) Sumia is in a game with a "heroic ensemble", three is a crowd, and Chrom-Robin-Lucina make three, plus the Khans as well (and perhaps Frederick, I forget how long he is actually in the story for). The writers really didn't try to fit Sumia into this elite company, not that she really has the status to do so.

Since Ninian came up earlier as well- plot importance. Not 100% a poster character (she is on the game's box art however), but delete Ninian and Blazing's story is left with a hole. A hole by no means impossible to fill in, b/c Nils exists and is largely capable of taking on everything related to Ninian let's not ask if Eliwood would then have to become a shotacon, yet Blazing would lose some of its drama.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Write pls

Well, as promised:

I did write it out!

I might not keep the format if I work on this further, but at least this is a good base to turn it into a proper story, not just a one-shot.

Hope you guys enjoy it too!

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, as promised:

I did write it out!

I might not keep the format if I work on this further, but at least this is a good base to turn it into a proper story, not just a one-shot.

Hope you guys enjoy it too!

Oho thank you i love this:D

Some small feedback & thoughts:

Spoiler

I think showing more of the darkness of the court would be cool. Maybe later on?

Looks like Lumera might live here....at the beginning at least. I wonder how much the story will change.

Ivy will have a hard time and suffer, but she did the right thing and will become better for it. I wonder tho....

Did she really tune the part out or was the king starting to doubt her?

That was a really good read. Do you have a ff or ao3 link yet?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Castti

Did I stutter?

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

But suffering good…

Well, yeah. Have I not been calling him the best character in the game?

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.redd.it/xib4odaf9npz.gif

Anime same-face syndrome be like

7 hours ago, joevar said:

yeah, at least that will guarantee Tianna long lasting smile when welcoming me in the mansion for being a good lord. Thus is the salvation i need, i mean i mean Reese need

hopefully that doesnt sound too horny

Buy some furniture. She would like that, and so would Jonathan.

7 hours ago, joevar said:

i still cant get over the fact they give us someone like that and Reese be like "oh you're the maid" (might be TL shenanigans). like come on, she wears CAPES. as per the Rules of Cool-ness she is more important than a mere Maid by donning a cape

She's the secretary. There's a big difference. She handles the biggest battle of all: Bureaucracy.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it's an iconic anime scene meant to evoke the two are bound to fall in love... and humor, hence the punch instead of slap.

Random village girl best ship

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's the secretary. There's a big difference. She handles the biggest battle of all: Bureaucracy.

Random village girl best ship

That what the Text said. Maid.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Yes, that is indeed a scene in the videogame. What message are you trying to convey, old timer?

41 minutes ago, joevar said:

That what the Text said. Maid.

That's just what Reese calls her at first. Because Reese is a dick.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's just what Reese calls her at first. Because Reese is a dick.

Or the translator.

Lord  van-von something should have said he would send an "Aide" instead of servant. Thats more fitting given her role and the setting.