Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nah not paying another 300 buck 😛

Emulation is the way!

Thats totally understandable, i just like to be prepared for everything.

Edited by Lightcosmo

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Clearly I've been thinking about my view on this game way too much for it to creep into my dreams like that...

Y'all have dreams?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

must tell Kaga he created my favorite strategy game of all time, and also some of the worst romanced I've ever seen.

"Kaga please stop dragging your female characters through the mud for no reason".

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

How do romantic endings even work for this game if you aren't Byleth?

If two characters have the highest support points with each other (and A support obviously), they’ll get a paired ending. You can check this on some page in the roster menu, where it has “closest allies”. If both allies are number 1 with each other, they’ll get an ending. If someone has someone else as their number 1 but that character is in one of those pairs, it’ll move on to their number 2. Byleth doesn’t matter for this because you get to pick their ending, although I guess you could use them to cockblock a pairing you don’t want to happen if you’re at the end of the game and that desperate.

But yeah, time to start spamming lunches with your favorite pairings.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You hate Temenos's theme? I like it a lot! It's so different. So... funky.

Like the rest of my impressions of him, it’s just generic “troublemaking truth seeker”. It sounds like a cartoon mischief theme, and I just don’t like that.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't be, you're the one living in Gunland

o7

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

"Kaga please stop dragging your female characters through the mud for no reason".

Yes. Please.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like the rest of my impressions of him, it’s just generic “troublemaking truth seeker”. It sounds like a cartoon mischief theme, and I just don’t like that.

I suppose that's fair. I just like how different it is, but generally I like the personal themes.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very, but not as much as Claude x Hilda. Why people ship this freedom fighter with a woman whose family owns slaves and shows zero regrets about it is beyond me, but I guess she has boobs so all is well.

I mean, if she can become less lazy after the timeskip, why not that changed too... unless it actually doesn't much?

And to be fair, outside that the two do have good synergy with each other.

On the subject, I get a chuckle that in Three Hopes

Spoiler

In their supports, Holst tells Claude how he has mused on the idea of having Hilda marry an Almyran prince as away to help patch relations... and asks Claude for help regarding that.

Which is like... does he know or not? lol

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Please.

some mercenaries wont show up when its time for story chapter? or it only happen for specific chapter for specific character?

He doesn't know.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Please.

Kaga making VS3: "what's that? You want an event where Acorette gets kidnapped for five chapters and Zade has to rescue her? You want it, you got it!"

FREE_ITEM115-1.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM117-1.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM119-1.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM121-1.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM120-2.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM118-2.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM119.jpg.webpFREE_ITEM116-2.jpg.webp

Lookin' good.😎

Of course, the three sets cost about $300 altogether, Seibzehn alone is over 100. Ether rod, katana, and two whips included as accessories for the Vierge, Heimdall and Brigandier respectively; Seibzehn can reveal its Graviton Cannon. I don't see any guns for the Renmazuo, yet I don't see why it couldn't get them. Someone forgot the Stier altogether.

Y'all have dreams?

Same. Mine are very rare, not vivid, and rarely remembered. 

Minden_00771369.jpg

These little jumping spiders BTW are, evidence suggests, possibly capable of dreaming. If so they would be the first known invertebrates to do so.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Elyos will make Soren less an ass confirmed?

He was already toned down in Radiant Dawn. Realistically so as far as character growth goes IMO.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lookin' good.😎

Of course, the three sets cost about $300 altogether, Seibzehn alone is over 100. Ether rod, katana, and two whips included as accessories for the Vierge, Heimdall and Brigandier respectively; Seibzehn can reveal its Graviton Cannon. I don't see any guns for the Renmazuo, yet I don't see why it couldn't get them. Someone forgot the Stier altogether.

Nice. Those the Xenogears mechs?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, if she can become less lazy after the timeskip, why not that changed too... unless it actually doesn't much?

And to be fair, outside that the two do have good synergy with each other.

On the subject, I get a chuckle that in Three Hopes

Hide contents

In their supports, Holst tells Claude how he has mused on the idea of having Hilda marry an Almyran prince as away to help patch relations... and asks Claude for help regarding that.

Which is like... does he know or not? lol

Frankly, as much as I like to bring that up to take the piss out of Houses... I honestly think it was an accident. There's no other explanation, her being an ignorant racist and her family being slave owners is only implied in her Cyril support. It isn't further developed at all and she gets off with a slap on the wrist without even being really challenged about it, and nowhere else is it even brought up. It feels like they didn't even mean to do it, it just... happened, because Hilda is a very well written character.

And well, the thing you say about Hopes adds up. It's like they just forgot they had written that by the next game lol

1 hour ago, joevar said:

some mercenaries wont show up when its time for story chapter? or it only happen for specific chapter for specific character?

Derrick cannot participate in main missions. It's part of the joke. There's also one other exception, but you'll get to that.

Kaga making VS3: "what's that? You want an event where Acorette gets kidnapped for five chapters and Zade has to rescue her? You want it, you got it!"

You joke, but given the place her character is at, come the end of VS2... It won't be Zade, but I'm willing to bet something that she's going to need saving. Just, guaranteed. She got off easy long enough. And then there'll be one. Orphelia, the true heroine of Vestaria, by virtue of being so forgettable Kaga didn't remember to give her her customary victimizing.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nice. Those the Xenogears mechs?

Yep. All the heroes' Gears + the Xenogears -with the exception of Rico's Stier.:

image.png

Official ingame heights are almost all sub-20 sharls (1 sharl = 0.97 meters), with the armless Crescens the smallest at 15.4 sharls/14.94 meters. The bulky blue Seibzehn is a comparatively massive 28.2 sharls/27.35 meters, and the Xenogears is 21.3 sharls/20.66 meters.

The designs work better in IRL models than I thought they would. Being designed with the PS1's 3D capacities in mind, the amount of polygons and therefore intricate facets and details permissible was inherently limited. I was afraid they wouldn't age well when "upscaled". Yet, they don't look too shabby. Maybe I was overestimating how much the PS1's limitations affected the Gears' sketches and finished artwork, maybe the somewhat-simplistic color schemes are actually effective.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, joevar said:

Just Derrick has this as an universal rule.
Though other characters might also be too busy too participate in specific missions for various reasons.

Btw, did you tweak the default settings? Because they are rather questionable. For example attack ranges are disabled by default.

Edited by BrightBow

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Just Derrick has this as an universal rule.
Though other characters might also be too busy too participate in specific missions for various reasons.

Btw, did you tweak the default settings? Because they are rather questionable. For example attack ranges are disabled by default.

hmm i ask that question because not only derrick, but sylvis too. but turns out she appear in the very next mission which is a main story chapter.

yes, i did. since the very first map. i was weirded out by that too... like why.. 

1 minute ago, joevar said:

yes, i did. since the very first map. i was weirded out by that too... like why.. 

Great.

Also I would recommend to use the Item List feature. That way you have easy access to the inventories of all characters. Including those that are currently not available to talk to.