Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, joevar said:

huh didnt know. never stick around too long to find out what happen when it runs out in ch.1

I mean in actual Ch.1, it takes forever for the Flame Clock to run out and the penalties aren't too severe. 

Nopwatch is that but turned up to 11.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, joevar said:

cmon dont tease me like that, just because i forgot to write HAppy Birthday! after reading above post

Indeed, it is vengeace.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

@Saint RubenioHappy birthday 😄

I am eating kebab in your honor

Enjoy it! I ate, uh... It was called the restaurant's "special dish."

aas.jpg

It looks like this, which means absolutely nothing because there was so much shit hiding underneath. Kebab meat everywhere, two other kinds of meats, rice, cheese, seven types of veggies as usual... Not my favorite of the dishes I've eaten here, but that's like saying New Mystery isn't as good as Engage.

Also, enough food for three people. Holy shit I could not finish it. Had to leave some room for this:

aa.jpg?width=466&height=621

A sort of coconut pie, name escapes me, with a little piece of turkish delight. Very soft and palatable, nice way to wrap up a good birthday meal.

10 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yes Happy Birthday @Saint Rubenio

Thank you, old man!

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ah Spezi

I input spezi into google and all that appears is some kind of German soda lol

With Falafel instead of pommed tho? Interesating

Yeah, falafel, that was also in there. I could not identify it, but the menu said it was there!

ayy

What's the name of that? Looking at the menu, by process of elimination it has to be kazandibi, but I'm not entirely sure.

Eat Künefe next

I don't believe they have that, sadly. Something to keep in mind if I ever find myself somewhere else with a Turkish restaurant, though.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I input spezi into google and all that appears is some kind of German soda lol

20151210_143846.jpg?w=700

What's the name of that?

don't remember honestly XD

I don't believe they have that, sadly. Something to keep in mind if I ever find myself somewhere else with a Turkish restaurant, though.

kuenefe-tuerkische-suessspeise.jpg

There're also different arabic variants of it that are also super tasty.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

0kchRE6.jpg

Dun-dun DUNNNNN

eZ2KFbD.jpg

No Snorlax, but that still looks like a team Ruben might make.

6WwD9M2.jpg

...nevermind.

EXQ7Xsi.jpg

Yeah, actually, that's not very Ruben at all.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh hey! You're doing a Pokemon thing too!

Make sure to name one of 'em Edelgard for me

5HdGhbe.jpg

(Just kidding, I'll see if there will be a more Edel-y Pokemon catchable)

M2pakDt.jpg

...the fuck is that level curve? I like Leafeon's design and I'm actually thinking of adding some water resist to the team, but I don't want to have Razor Leaf as the strongest move for literally the entire game.

cDHg2SX.jpg

Crossover! -SpAtk nature, unfortunately, but I already have a fire type anyway.

8 minutes ago, ping said:

0kchRE6.jpg

Dun-dun DUNNNNN

He's going to do something really bad.

To himself.

9 minutes ago, ping said:

EXQ7Xsi.jpg

Yeah, actually, that's not very Ruben at all.

No see, you skipped the rest of the cutscene. I went on to say "when they are on the enemy side. It's not fun if it's not a challenge."

Hey random question, is it possible to transfer Pokemon on emulated roms like you can on official copies?

At least in a way that's not overly complicated?

11 minutes ago, ping said:

5HdGhbe.jpg

(Just kidding, I'll see if there will be a more Edel-y Pokemon catchable)

Pfft, you got me genuinely with that one.

You can also go for just Guardian or Quetzal, whatever fits the Pokemon best.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey random question, is it possible to transfer Pokemon on emulated roms like you can on official copies?

Would it count as complicated opening a second emulator? It is in theory possible to trade even with the same "cartridge".

As I was playing with Mekkah playing Engage ch.10 on the other screen: That was quite the positive surprise.

Spoiler

I liked the general atmosphere, the convos of the princes with their corrupted father were really good (and, unlike dragon mom's death scene, didn't overstay their welcome). Sombron's snake form is very cool, although I'm whatever on the human one. Evil Veyle isn't exactly surprising, but the foreshadowing that there will be Evil Veyle and Good Veyle as two separate entities is interesting, assuming that she isn't just fucking with Alear. Just... very good, after nine chapters (plus paralogues) that I honestly found pretty weak and face-palm-inducing with just the occasional good story beat or genuinely funny little interaction.

The four what's-their-faces ruined the mood, unfortunately, but still, I'm curious to see if the story as a whole can follow up on this.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We know it'd be a team of beards, anyway.

Well, he had 3 Snorlax on his team when we were making up gym leader teams for ourselves, unless I'm forgetting some final revisions.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Depends on the emulator. With mGBA it's very easy, I did it back when I played half of Emerald. You simply press the "new multiplayer window" option in the "file" menu, then open the game on both windows. Go to the link room on both windows and perform the linking as if they were two separate consoles.

With VBA I'm fairly certain it is impossible. Fairly certain, which doesn't mean certain.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would it count as complicated opening a second emulator? It is in theory possible to trade even with the same "cartridge".

It's more complicated than that. mGBA has a multiplayer functionality, but just plain opening the emulator twice isn't going to work out. I think.

EDIT: You're playing a pokemon on the DS. I am peak stupid.

I believe MelonDS might have multiplayer functionality implemented in the most recent version? Otherwise, it's not possible. And this time I am certain, as I tried to play some DS games with a friend and just opening the emulator twice did nothing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It broke me

https://i.redd.it/84vme4geu53a1.png

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Jodio Joestar sounds like a made up na-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S 15?!

Yup, he's totally Giorno. Also, Jojolands was released???????

H1K7X5t.png

This is my current team, and while I'm perfectly satisfied with it from a design perspective, it probably leaves a bit to be desired battle wise. Just the fact that half the mon here are weak to dark types, which was a type that was way more common than I originally expected, especially with how many non-dark types have some dark type moves, is a big downside.

Damn it all, why couldn't the Gothitelle line be dark type?! My whole team plan was perfect until I learned that little detail.

>gothitelle

Enough culture to conquer the world | Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As  Well | Know Your Meme

Anyways, what would you recommend? This game has quite a few dark types to pick from.

Pick a Sandile with Moxie as ability

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shoot, I missed your post. Thanks, funny weeb dude.

I ain't funny and I am anime man no longer

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, fair enough.

I am wanted to post Saphir, but I couldn't find any fanart

32 minutes ago, ping said:

...the fuck is that level curve?

Eevee moment. Also a Gen 2 moment

19 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yes. Just download PKHeX and transfer the pokemon from one save to another. It's faster this way.

Edited by Newtype06

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Eevee moment. Also a Gen 2 moment

To be fair to Johto, Quetzal's Gen5 team is only Lv.45-50 right before the Elite 4, too. Somewhere around 8-ish levels higher than what I think is normal at Gen2 E4, yes, but learning new (and impactful) moves at Lv.71 and 78 would be silly in every generation, and Leafeon and its move pool are a product of DPPt.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Was there a Stoudland for a beardmon rep?

I don't remember, but if not, there certainly should have been at least one. And also three Perrserkers, whose beard clearly supercedes any objections of its wrong type. It's the evolution of a Meowth variant, Meowth's OG form was normal type, that's close enough.

Happy birthday @Saint Rubenio!

21 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly, wish Lumera was an option

True! She's the only non-Emblem NPC to be available as an icon, so they might as well let you take photos with her.

16 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Would it be too Zoomer of me to say that Beartic looks like something from Club Penguin?

New Puffles being added was the highlight of my year when I was younger. If only we got a Magenta Puffle...

But yes, you should catch a Beartic and name it Herbert.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Jodio Joestar sounds like a made up na-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S 15?!

I can't wait for Part 9 to finish in ten years. Though I'm not sure if you're surprised because Jodio looks too old to be 15, or too young to be 15.

Jodio seems to be Gappy's cousin... sort of, so at least we know right away how he fits into the Joestar lineage.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol first thing is "feet." OP-kun is a man of culture.

Why did they even bother with a foot size modifier? The inner machinations of the developers' minds are an enigma...