Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But what if they were wrong?

Well, ultimately they got it right. It's not like Tailtyu was around to report back and Manfroy takes the wrong silver-haired girl.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Manfroy: *gives Book of Lopto to Edain!Julius*

Manfroy: "Why is it not working"

Sadly, Manfroy does know Cigyun's daughter would have Major Narga, who do have an identifying brand, so he... and everyone, really, since Edain isn't exactly an unknown in Grannvale, would quickly know before it went that far. Still, it is hilarious to imagine that happening. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, it is hilarious to imagine that happening. XD

"Decades of planning down the drain and i'm old as shit, i don't have time for a do-over".

But man, it does speak to how much Manfroy had to get right

• Find the right girl
  • Get her to marry Arvis 
  • At least one kid gets Lopto blood

Any one of these steps could've gone wrong. Imagine Arvis doesn't fall for Deirdre. She's just not his type. Or vice versa. Even with wiped memories, Deirdre's like "nah i think we'll just be friends".

Just now, Armagon said:

"Decades of planning down the drain and i'm old as shit, i don't have time for a do-over".

But man, it does speak to how much Manfroy had to get right

• Find the right girl
  • Get her to marry Arvis 
  • At least one kid gets Lopto blood

Any one of these steps could've gone wrong. Imagine Arvis doesn't fall for Deirdre. She's just not his type. Or vice versa. Even with wiped memories, Deirdre's like "nah i think we'll just be friends".

Not to mention, the fact there were two people of opposite genders with Loptr blood around was also a big coincidence. Since Cigyun happened to give birth twice, to a boy and a girl. So hardly decades of planning. Manfroy was lucky he didn't had to wait to get a descendant, have them give birth to a boy and a girl, wait for them to grow up, and finally get them to produce the vessel. Well, he kinda did, but without having to include that into his plans.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not to mention, the fact there were two people of opposite genders with Loptr blood around was also a big coincidence. Since Cigyun happened to give birth twice, to a boy and a girl. So hardly decades of planning. Manfroy was lucky he didn't had to wait to get a descendant, have them give birth to a boy and a girl, wait for them to grow up, and finally get them to produce the vessel. Well, he kinda did, but without having to include that into his plans.

That and both of them had to be alive at the same time, not to mention the kids would also have to survive to adulthood. Imagine Arvis contracted pneumonia or some shit. Manfroy really just got lucky, which makes his fumbling of the bag at the end all the more hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That and both of them had to be alive at the same time, not to mention the kids would also have to survive to adulthood. Imagine Arvis contracted pneumonia or some shit. Manfroy really just got lucky, which makes his fumbling of the bag at the end all the more hilarious.

Loptr, probably:

1 hour ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Gotcha!! Will do!!

Huh, well, that was easy. Have fun!

1 hour ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Also Goated pfp. Solm sibbies best sibbies. 🙏

Thanks, that they are.

It was a long ass day of travel today as we went from a little lake city all the way to original Spanish capital of Guatemala. I'm tired as hell and by body hurts and all I can do is lay down.

Anyways, I know I've shown off my Fire Emblem collection on PC but I thought I'd give a show on some of my other emulated games because what's the point on finding fun icons to give certain games if you aren't going to show it to anyone?

kAX0mhx.png

On 2/17/2023 at 8:39 PM, Armagon said:

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon butchers the original's story. Which sucks because Gen 7 did this thing where there are actually exclusive Pokemon in USUM that don't exist in SM's code.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon also robed the chance to have a Pokemon game have the title "Eclipse" which is such a damn shame for how hard that title goes.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Julius does actually say that.

“J-Julia?! Why... What are you... Argh! Manfroy, you've made a grave mistake!”

It even fits because fire magic. XD

GAME I NEED NOPWATCH REFILL

18 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Anyways, I know I've shown off my Fire Emblem collection on PC but I thought I'd give a show on some of my other emulated games because what's the point on finding fun icons to give certain games if you aren't going to show it to anyone?

kAX0mhx.png

Which of these is next when's Xenoblade?

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Hmm, perhaps you're right. I was just theorizing, actually. Sorry if that didn't help any.

It's fine man. At the end of the day, Ganondorf found out Zelda somehow.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>reloads save (Archsage Trials saves after every boss stage)

"Event: Nopwatch stays still"

OH THANK GOD

I was bodied in the immediate next round what the fuck

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

To these I shall add this.:

Compensates a wee bit for the infamous Big Dev Stupidity of BD™️.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly the Four Swords games are like the games with the least amount of lore, barring the NES titles. It's very "gamey", which makes sense (I wonder if there are people who consider the Four Swords games to be "good games just not good Zelda games").

Being multiplayer, I get why they'd tone down the narrative/lore. Although I do find FS a dram refreshing in not having the Master Sword for the umpteenth time. Tri-Force Heroes was pretty barebones too on lore and story.

For the bolded, maybe? Although that depends on the weight you place on lore and story. The latter has been pretty weak through the franchise's history, so I tend to discount it. Lore I do like though, and Zelda has been consistently better with that.

To take the opposite stance, FS(A) and TFH could arguably be the most in-your-face Zelda-y LoZ games. Each of these three games serves up a menu of formulaic Zelda experiences- a self-contained linear "dungeon" with puzzles and some combat. (This format is likely better for multiplayer, since it makes FS(A)/TFH easier to pick up & play whenever friends are together and the mood strikes. Operating solely in dungeons provides upfront start & endpoints for each play session, good for a group when you don't want to spend too long playing a single video game during your limited time together.) Since the other Zeldas aren't so gamey -more "natural"- they make it easier to forget that tried & true Zelda formula as you get lost in these non-multiplayer games.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't understand it because it does not exist. Berwick Saga is the greatest strategy game ever made.

haha, no. if the game didnt keep trying to throw me a curveball then sure. i admit its a great challenge, but its not fun. its simple really, if i dont feel like to repeat that map again then its not fun while other game that has good challenge makes me want to replay it (even if ulitmately i didnt comeback to it)

especially for first run with these kind of rules. its maddening

why do I write so much so late at night aaaaaaaa

especially since I'm trying to give good advice, I'm sure it'll be complete incoherence in the morning...

11 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I am not! What an awful thing to say! 

Ask Derrick.

10 hours ago, joevar said:

this game dont want me to praise it. the moment i praise it, it starts throwing cruveball toward me. so i will keep dissing it moderately

20 minutes ago, joevar said:

haha, no. if the game didnt keep trying to throw me a curveball then sure. i admit its a great challenge, but its not fun. its simple really, if i dont feel like to repeat that map again then its not fun while other game that has good challenge makes me want to replay it (even if ulitmately i didnt comeback to it)

especially for first run with these kind of rules. its maddening

I wonder what happened over the course of these 10 hours for you to change your tune like this

...Eh. Fair enough. To each their own, and all that.

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tbf

self sabotaging being an awful experience is the mark of a good srpg? xD

I remember when you tried to self sabotage in conquest in your first try and had a pretty bad time then as well

Ehhh to be honest, I could definitely have beaten Conquest in my first run, with the units I had. Only real problem was my bad Corrin, and I made it past Ryoma so that was no longer a serious issue. I just got super burned out from the lategame's difficulty spike, which has been a consistent Conquest issue for as long as I've been playing it lol

Of course, this is a bit different because a good few of my most miserable moments in the run so far have been entirely preventable. Because following the spirit of the run, on top of doing everything wrong, I've also been playing horrendously.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You are testing the limits of victory for BS. If your intentional mucking-everything-up run manages to finish the game, then it's possible with practically any other setup!😉 Since pretty all other runs ought to have more resources than you, and more resources = more ease. If anyone complains to you that Berwick is too hard after this, you shall have the right to chuck a shoe at them and tell them to shut up it's doable!

Bragging rights always make everything worth it.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It was a long ass day of travel today as we went from a little lake city all the way to original Spanish capital of Guatemala. I'm tired as hell and by body hurts and all I can do is lay down.

Sounds like you had a fun day of hiking!

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

kAX0mhx.png

Why is Black Version's icon not Ghetsis, Guardian?

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Compensates a wee bit for the infamous Big Dev Stupidity of BD™️.

I believe that's the same composer as Octopath Traveler? Nikishi's his name, I believe. He's gearing up to become one of the great ones in the gaming industry. Every single soundtrack he's produced has been an absolute masterpiece.

Ah, finally. The guy fixed it.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Derrick was killed, i admit, but I started over just to recruit him, so it can't be all bad, can it?

Hmph... The thought should never have even crossed your head!

Screenshot_2023-02-19-08-16-35-98_40deb4

Oh man, West actually has time to catch up lol.

But what does it say about the confidence in your series if "we have to put out a new one quickly or people will forget".

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Each of these three games serves up a menu of formulaic Zelda experiences- a self-contained linear "dungeon" with puzzles and some combat. (This format is likely better for multiplayer, since it makes FS(A)/TFH easier to pick up & play whenever friends are together and the mood strikes. Operating solely in dungeons provides upfront start & endpoints for each play session, good for a group when you don't want to spend too long playing a single video game during your limited time together

The dungeons also don't let you keep the items in them, at least that was the case for Four Swords. Or eventually, you had to swap it out, idr.