Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5KNfetB.jpg

A special Rock move for KnuffelCthulu? Don't mind if I do 😍 Overriding the Blizzard TM, which is buyable (if somewhat expensive) in the Goldenrod mall.

J2OncN8.jpg

This one is Whitney's TM (Attract in vanilla). Since Schute learns Earthquake eventually, it goes to Alear as a coverage move.

The Whitney fight itself wasn't as difficult as it can be in Vanilla, I think, although she had a Starmie which required some potion cheese.

ohHt11a.jpg

Guys, he said the line!

LgA1dcU.jpg

Let's try to guess how ruben Ruben's team is this time:

bCpo1QW.jpg

Maybe? Granbull is definitely nice and low-tier.

NATsl7U.jpg

Nah, way too mainstream.

63TOpNn.jpg

Well, he keeps his starter, so this one's inevitable. Marill should've been evolved, since it's Lv. 26 already, but I guess the randomiser goes by what stage the rival's starter is in the vanilla fight.

wuoBMNJ.jpg

Hmm, I'd consider Lunatone to be very unremarkable. Maybe?

rzpz0FV.jpg

Overall, I'd guess this team was approximately a 5.7 on a scale between 1 and Adoption.

Next stop: Ecruteak gym, with levels of Pokemon variety never seen before in this town.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, ping said:

but I guess the randomiser goes by what stage the rival's starter is in the vanilla fight.

Is that why the Kirlia was underleveled? Since Ralts evolve at level 20, but Kirlia was level 19.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This your elitist moment? /s

I cannot imagine Atelier having an elitist Fanbase lmao but they exist presumably.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Expectations: Master Lance

Reality: killer Axe

This Ai is damn unpredictable shouldn't they go for beeaks or more damage xD

Oh well, Ivy critted Alear rip

I think Ivy just doesn't have the Master Lance there yet.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, looks like No Distractions is somehow bypassing the Rafail Gem.

The fact the display remained at 0 means it is truly a bug.

Imagine that happened in an Ironman.

33 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Tmw you realise All for One is kinda bad. 

Which is too bad of course, seeing as Lucina is my fav. 

It can be good if you set it up but it's very situational.

I don't get why Prisoner of Azkaban is considered the best Harry Potter film. Watching them for the first time in order, it was arguably the worst of the three.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that why the Kirlia was underleveled? Since Ralts evolve at level 20, but Kirlia was level 19.

I don't think so. The randomiser doesn't prevent underleveled evolved Pokemon as a rule (like the Garchomp that I fought south of Violet city), so it most likely just rolled a Kirlia and not a Ralts at that point. I do have an option active to force every Pokemon above Lv.30 to be fully evolved, though, to prevent Lance's ace to be a Weedle and silly stuff like that.

I can't believe Lyn went through the entirety of her paralogue without talking about Mark. Clearly this can't be the actual Lyn, but some kind of imposter.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Crazy that Gust was in a similar position and now they aren't.

But the only years since 1997 to not have any Atelier game released were 1999, 2000, 2018, and 2021. And 2019 had two games.

I know your point is that they don't need to release a new game every year, but still.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

And this is why the overarching Trails storyline will remain at 70% completion. So they can keep making more. Like One Piece.

I think the main idea is that Kondo would like to finish the Ouroboros and Sept-Terrion plotline at some point, and the rest of Falcom can do whatever they want after he retires. Then we'll get Trails: The Next Generation.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I did something similar with Lucina for Levin Sword All for One for one map.

Ivy with Lucina and Thoron for omnipresent chain attacks goes brrrrrrr

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Lyn went through the entirety of her paralogue without talking about Mark. Clearly this can't be the actual Lyn, but some kind of imposter.

Alear is just not enough of an Avatar for her, I suppose.

@Sooks

tlO04sCa_o.png

Done did it.

1 hour ago, ping said:

NATsl7U.jpg

Nah, way too mainstream.

Yeah I would never use Pikachu, for shame Ruben.

1 hour ago, ping said:

wuoBMNJ.jpg

Hmm, I'd consider Lunatone to be very unremarkable. Maybe?

It has a funny face, I could see myself using it.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't get why Prisoner of Azkaban is considered the best Harry Potter film. Watching them for the first time in order, it was arguably the worst of the three.

When I was a kid I liked it most because of Lupin. That's... really about it. When I grew up I stopped liking Harry Potter

Oh wow. I can't believe I forgot Triangle Strategy had an old woman who fights with martial arts. I think she just joined super late in my run, and then I never got around to doing another. Perhaps one of these days I oughta. Maybe I should buy it on Steam on a sale and sell my Switch copy so I can have the superior version for no extra cost

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Sooks

tlO04sCa_o.png

Done did it.

Great, now you have a superior bearded character to start with.

13 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Armagon stated it perfectly, situational. Which is bad in FE.

Not really in a game where 90% of maps will have a boss that you need to surround to take down. That’s a pretty reliable situation.

I started another session of AI3, only to see my controller die on me during shortly into it. It greatly annoys me when I forget to charge it like this.😑

Needed to find something to do with my time, so I took advantage of some perfect quietude and did some catching up on my reading.:

Mausoleo-di-Galla-Placidia-2-1.jpg

T'was for the better.🤩

Reading about the life of the pious Roman-princess-turned-Gothic-queen-turned-Roman-empress/dowager-empress & power-behind-the-throne Galla Placidia was informative and entertaining. Her daughter then being the woman that famously offered her hand in marriage to Attila the Hun (Placidia opposed this) added irony to the amusement. As did the fact that Placidia had her female cousin executed for alleged conspiring with the Goths two years before she was captured/six years before she married her Gothic monarchal first husband. Thanks for the church in Ravenna BTW!

What a shame Fire Emblem will be too busy endlessly rehashing overused tropes to bother looking for and slipping in such interesting IRL historical individuals.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Not really in a game where 90% of maps will have a boss that you need to surround to take down. That’s a pretty reliable situation.

But 99% of the maps arent bosses, they are generic goons. 

vVeKpyZ.png

Thanks for giving me a brief, game. Games don't do that these days

dzQxD3k.png

It may have been a focus in B&W but it seems like meeting different people from different walks of life has always been consistent in Pokemon

xruQoAV.png

Man I could really go for some anchovy spinach pineapple pizza right now.

DKjU6ot.png

Instead of going for my real name or some meme name, I think I'll try and give every trainer in these games their own unique name so I can more fondly remember my adventures with them.

w5dPTDg.png

Heh

ee1QxOB.png

I hope when my generation gets into city planning they'll start putting up random signs that say stuff like this.

F0fXkXW.png

Pokemon on PC you say?

Johnny Depp acts like Jack Sparrow in real life - Archyde

Also yes, I used Porygon as the icon of this game because I felt like it fit the situation of this being an emulated rom on PC.

Now time to choose a Pokemon, obviously this being Pokemon Leaf Green there is only one possible choice I can make.

xTYYh53.png

We shall be unstoppable

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

when's Xenoblade?

I'm getting there.

I really want to play it, believe me, but I'm waiting for things to cool down in my life before putting my time into another huge time sink of a game.

It's going to be really fun when I do finally get to it, especially with how many Xenofans are on here.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why is Black Version's icon not Ghetsis, Guardian?

It is amazing how quickly you fell in love with this guy just based off of one screenshot.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I hope when my generation gets into city planning they'll start putting up random signs that say stuff like this.

Our version of Kilroy was Here.

F0fXkXW.png

Pokemon on PC you say?

Pokémon as data... that's just Digimon.

It's going to be really fun when I do finally get to it, especially with how many Xenofans are on here.

Guess I'll be the last one here to play Xenoblade, huh.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

But 99% of the maps arent bosses, they are generic goons. 

Which does nothing to change the fact that the bosses that are there are hard to kill.

59 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

And thats also IF Lucina is paired with a Dragon. Might as well forget it otherwise cause in Engage if it isnt 100% or 0% it isnt reliable imo.

You lose nothing by taking the gamble on however many 80s when the attack naturally sets itself up against bosses and the one sword attack just does regular damage.

I mean maybe if you were going to double but lmao, doubling Engage bosses.

21 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Man I could really go for some anchovy spinach pineapple pizza right now.

I’m about to start a math project where I will write about, among other things, jalapeño pizza.

…that’s not particularly relevant, but I felt like mentioning it. Name a pokemon jalapeño for me.

21 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

xTYYh53.png

We shall be unstoppable

Better than every squirtle

Anyway, use snorlax.

Dc7ZoVf.jpg

It's Hawaiian for "Moon", if you were wondering.

I am mildly irritated that Engage's final recruit is a spoiler, now I have to wait who-knows-how-long to post reaction images with them...

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alear is just not enough of an Avatar for her, I suppose.

"Sorry Alear, you're not generic enough to remind me of my old friend." -Lyn

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

…that’s not particularly relevant, but I felt like mentioning it. Name a pokemon jalapeño for me.

You have to wait until Gen IX for that.

0952Scovillain.png

Though it's more similar to a habanero...

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I am mildly irritated that Engage's final recruit is a spoiler, now I have to wait who-knows-how-long to post reaction images with them...

Put it in spoiler tab?

"Sorry Alear, you're not generic enough to remind me of my old friend." -Lyn

Pretty much. XD

You have to wait until Gen IX for that.

0952Scovillain.png

Palafin's archnemesis.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dc7ZoVf.jpg

No… Castti…?

Honestly though, I’ve been debating doing this just because I can’t deny a small part of me wants to do the anagram thing again. I just… can’t help it.

But then I think about how cool and intriguing Castti’s story is, how fun concoct probably will be, and I just want to enjoy her as protagonist. They should’ve called her Oastti.

Anyway, what made you go Ochette?

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

This is also a great option. Poblano is wonderful too.

Edited by Sooks