• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm guessing you learned that from the MaRiemake news today? B/c...

Atelier-Marie-Remake-The-Alchemist-of-Sa

Actually no. I clicked on the Fairy's page on the Wiki because i was curious as to why he wasn't named even after you named him. Turns out there was a reason why haha.

And thanks for letting me know that news came in. Let's see

"Fans of the original version of the game, along with newcomers to the Atelier series, will be delighted by the variety of new elements that have been added to the remake. With the new Unlimited Mode, which allows you to play at a more relaxed pace, and the addition of new events that enable interactions with new characters, you can further enjoy the world of “Atelier Marie.”

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ok that's actually huge then. It's a remake of the first game so understandibly the time-limit is being kept. But Gust knows that they also haven't done proper timelimits since Escha & Logy so they'll let you play this game without that if you so wish. Epic. Based Gust.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile FF X-2 Alchemists be like...

Chinese alchemists did invent gunpowder. The original Chinese term for that stuff (not sure if it still is a millennia later) was literally translatable as "fire medicine".

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Fans of the original version of the game, along with newcomers to the Atelier series, will be delighted by the variety of new elements that have been added to the remake. With the new Unlimited Mode, which allows you to play at a more relaxed pace, and the addition of new events that enable interactions with new characters, you can further enjoy the world of “Atelier Marie.”

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ok that's actually huge then. It's a remake of the first game so understandibly the time-limit is being kept. But Gust knows that they also haven't done proper timelimits since Escha & Logy so they'll let you play this game without that if you so wish. Epic. Based Gust.

Making the time limit optional I agree sounds wonderful. More gameplay customization options is always better.

And it says the PS1 Atelier Marie Plus will be included in the Digital Deluxe Edition too. Excellent decision when devs do that (even if the DDE-only means it's DLC). It might be dated and most people wouldn't want to play it, but it's good preservation. It's very good for the rare video game-antiquarians/archaeologists who'd enjoy such a trip back in time. And, it's cool for letting players feel how much things have been updated when they can directly compare the primal substance with the modern reincarnation.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I just watched Goblet of Fire and I have to say that Chamber of Secrets is still the best Harry Potter movie.

06 truly lives to contradict every popular opinion. I wonder if he’ll likely Deathly Hallows Part 1 less or more.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I guess Harry Potter is truly just a mid series and it was my fault for having expectations.

The books are pretty good but are overpriced when the money is going to a transphobe.

They've fan-translated Famicom Wars at last. Not like it had very much text, could've been done a lot sooner.

I've enjoyed a few matches of Super Famicom Wars, its has old charm. This however... pass. The UI is 😦, the gameplay speed is ☠️. It breaches my tolerances for yesteryear.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Now you may be thinking "Oh, a Three Houses session is typically 45 minutes for one chapter" And normally you'd be right but today my friends, I had to wake up at 4 in the morning just to catch a ride to Guatemalan city airport to catch a plan to Tikal, which is where I am now, and through that several hour long trip I've been playing bits of Crimson Flower

...And I haven't even beat the chapter yet.

Now that would usually mean I have an assortment of images taken from the game for me to make funny fun jokes and comments but unfortunately I didn't register that internet in dense Maya jungle is not so great and Imgur refuses to load any of the images so...you folks are spared for today.

Now either I just wait for the internet to get better or we wait until Thursday where I'll go back to Antigua with better internet but until then I'll say this much...

Edelgard's got some new competition for Protagon's heart.

Also as I'm writing this I'm outside eating lunch and I'm watching a bunch of tapirs run across the parking lot

Cute.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He'll take Zuzu's head from her shoulders and HANG IT FROM THE GATES OF PALLET TOWN

Hahaha! 5 years after this game takes place you have him just wondering Kanto with an eyepatch and a hell of a story about the 10 year old that beat his ass.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, did you see that screenshot? He was making a fucking amazing pose. He was like, pretending to be a plane. But with only one arm. I can just imagine him sprinting around going "naaaaaaaaaa"

That picture is a sight for sore travel-fatigued eyes.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The books are pretty good but are overpriced when the money is going to a transphobe.

Harry Potter was at it's best when it was doing whimsy stuff and the first three books imo are good Hero's Journey type shit.

Problem with Harry Potter is that it kinda falls apart when you think about it for more than two seconds. This becomes more apparent the later the series goes.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Antigua

The place is deadass just called "ancient" huh.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Harry Potter was at it's best when it was doing whimsy stuff and the first three books imo are good Hero's Journey type shit.

Problem with Harry Potter is that it kinda falls apart when you think about it for more than two seconds. This becomes more apparent the later the series goes.

I agree, It honestly looked like JK saw the people questioning some of the weird aspects of her story (Like the Elf slaves and such) and instead of coming clean about it, she basically doubled down on everything and turned it into even more of a mess.

The describes JK as a whole honestly, she's very insecure and refuses to take responsibility for her actions.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The place is deadass just called "ancient" huh.

Sometimes it's called "Antigua Guatemala" since it was the old capital of Guatemala.

I imagine in it's prime it would've been called something different though it may have just been called "Guatemala city" back then too.

I don't know though, I should ask.

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Eh, I don't think the books hold up that well even if you substract the baggage of JKR being JKR. A lot of the stuff that Rowling threw in is cool or at least inconspicuous on the surface, but deeply fucked up if you take it seriously. Like, the entire wizard society is deeply racist against muggles - for example, mind-wiping them to protect wizard secrecy is kiiiinda unethical and betrays a "we're much more important than you" attitute - you have easily available rape drugs (love potions), let's not even get started with the whole slavery, wizard prison is literally a mind torture dungeon, the government has the authority to practically execute people without trial (the whole "Dementor's Kiss" in Prisonor of Askaban)...

...and our heroes bravely fight to protect the status quo. Harry even becomes a copper, joining the force that kept his godfather in said mind torture dungeon, on false charges, for years. As Armagon says, HP falls apart very quickly if you think about the most immediate implications of basically anything.

---

vELkyly.jpg

The Whitney's Miltank of this run: Morty's Walrein. Fucker outsped everything and Rollout Ice Balled through my entire team in a first attempt. Well, everything that the other three of Morty's Pokemon had left standing, because the guy was legit super strong:

94VvLdm.jpg

Gabite! Outspeeding and two-shotting everything I have.

VajczFP.jpg

Scizor! Kindly dying to a single Blaze-boosted quad-effective Ember, but still not exactly a weakling.

bzFZKvJ.jpg

Taillow! OK, that one was a breather, especially because it got one of Morty's Hyper Potions.

Owb2w0E.jpg

Unfortunately, he has two, so between that and a held Sitrus berry, Walrein had a lot of time to spam... Aurora Beam, in this second attempt, which is still quite powerful, right on the edge of two-shotting KnuffelCthulu through the resist.

wYKlwmo.jpg

The solution: The best attack in the game! Make sure that KnuffelCthulu can two-shot Walrein with Power Gem before he gets two-shot himself.

aWtc5yH.jpg

Wee!

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

agree, It honestly looked like JK saw the people questioning some of the weird aspects of her story (Like the Elf slaves and such) and instead of coming clean about it, she basically doubled down on everything and turned it into even more of a mess

My favorite part of HP world building isn't even from the books themselves, it was when Rowling was like "here are the other wizarding schools" and it's

ESIIvaBWoAAHdhU.jpg_large.jpg

Yes, the entire continent of South America attends one school. The entire continent of North America attends one school. China, India and parts of Southeast Asia all attend one school, surely nothing will go wrong.

Let's not forget about the excellent pronunciation guide [Mah - hoot - o - koh - ro]. And didn't Castelobruxo translate to "Castle wizard", i.e. not even "wizard castle", as uninspired as that name would've already been? JKR must've had a very English day when she came up with those schools.

Another annoying thing about Tikal is that I won't always have access to internet as it is apparently only on for certain portions of the day.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part of HP world building isn't even from the books themselves, it was when Rowling was like "here are the other wizarding schools" and it's

ESIIvaBWoAAHdhU.jpg_large.jpg

Yes, the entire continent of South America attends one school. The entire continent of North America attends one school. China, India and parts of Southeast Asia all attend one school, surely nothing will go wrong.

Jesus Christ...

Yeah lets just shove half of the world population that lives in East Asia into one school, oh and all of the middle east including Turkey, Isreal, and Palestine in one school, that surely will be fine.

Lets not even talk about how the name "Uagadou" comes from a lanaguge that lives on the opposite side of the school in Africa, or how most of these names are just some form of "Magical School" thrown into google translate and combined with no regard for grammar.

Oh but little ol Britain gets it's own special school, because of course it does.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

Oh, and I think this is where we bring up that wizards used to literally poop their pants and magic away the mess. And since that kind of disintegration magic is presented as pretty advanced, this implies that the students at the schools had to run to their teachers so that they could take care of their pooped pants until they learned to do so themselves in the later school years.