Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Undecided? Didn’t you do Benedict’s ending? There’s only one real way left to end racism, unless you wanna start off your ending choice post with “hear me out…”

Heh...........

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Benedict, after I unlocked the golden ending but didn’t have the characters to make it not painful.

Yeah, now I remember.

I did Ben first and I got about halfway through a NG+ run, but I stopped at a particularly difficult fight against Booker. Of course, I can't continue that one or try NG+ again if I hop to PC, but that's okay. It's been a while, I'd like another fresh experience. Then we'll see if this time I do all four endings. That's what happened with Octopath 1, anyway. The first time I stopped after the first four stories, then I went back a while later and finished it completely.

Besides now that I know how things work I can get bandit archer waifu

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Now you have company blackmail.

Pfffffft. I work for public administration. In Spain, you pretty much have to be found with the decapitated head of your boss in hand to be fired from public administration.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Benice

https://www.destructoid.com/kurohyou-like-a-dragon-black-panther-fan-translation-coming-in-august/

Interested?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

YES

So damn much lol

Never wrote it tho

I was trying to do so, only to realize how severely clashing everything was as I was writing it down.😆 I neither wish to cut/alter any one aspect to make the rest fit together better, which makes progress seemingly impossible.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh...........

Ruben, no!

Yeah, now I remember.

I did Ben first and I got about halfway through a NG+ run, but I stopped at a particularly difficult fight against Booker.

It’s telling that I don’t remember who Booker is.

Then we'll see if this time I do all four endings. That's what happened with Octopath 1, anyway. The first time I stopped after the first four stories, then I went back a while later and finished it completely.

On the same save?

Doing four stories at once sounds painful and grindy either way, F.

Pfffffft. I work for public administration. In Spain, you pretty much have to be found with the decapitated head of your boss in hand to be fired from public administration.

That speedrun must be rough. Over here, all you have to do is walk into the office and say it should be a little harder to purchase assault weapons.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also it is strange that the randomizer increased the levels of is pokemon (or perhaps I missed mention of some other balance patch or something), as originally his highest level Pokemon is 25.

It's an optional feature of the randomiser. You can increase (or decrease) every trainer Pokemon's level by up to 50% and I moved the slider to 20% as my default setting to make the game moderately more challenging. Although in this specific case, with Johto's low level curve pre-Elite 4, it might have the opposite effect because it allows Swinub (Lv.33) and Omanyte (Lv.40) (and Combusken, although it's not quite as weak as those two pre-evo, I think) earlier than normal thanks to the increased XP gain.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben, no!

Gahahah! Ruben yes.

It’s telling that I don’t remember who Booker is.

I remember Booker because he's the most unremarkable, nondescript NPC in the game that gets a face and name. His entire role, personality and background are "loyal advisor to Sorsley." Aaaand he's also the most insanely powerful motherfucker ever. For no reason. Guy's like, Anna on the enemy side, I fucking hate him.

On the same save?

Doing four stories at once sounds painful and grindy either way, F.

Yeah, the way I handled Octopath 1 was, I did the first four stories concurrently. Then I stopped lol

On my second run, I did the same thing, then I started over for the remaining four. It can be a bit daunting, but I feel this is the best way, given the forced deployment of the first pick - any other approach would've left them vastly overleveled for any story that falls behind. Which is why I really hope it's not a thing in Octopath 2 so I can do all of them at my own pace.

That speedrun must be rough. Over here, all you have to do is walk into the office and say it should be a little harder to purchase assault weapons.

...Jikes.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

like Rixia for her personality

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

What is that series?

It shall not be named.

It's pretty cursed, though.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interested?

Pretty mildly; the gane looks kinda meh, if the superboss is any indocation. It's literally just a fight with a regular street mob, except it has almost 20 minutes worth of health. Nice to see the fanslation, though!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230221092619.png

Not pointy enough

"Crystal filling in a tart" that's not filling, that's the entire tart.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

shall not be named.

It's pretty cursed, though.

This still doesn't narrow it down in the slightest.

Order of the Phoenix has plot holes so big you can fly a 747 through them, but it's unironically the best one yet.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

It really is a damn shame those movies are ass, at least the Disney+ series will be good.

>2023 disney

>making good entertainment

Prepare yourself for Artemis Fowl 2.0.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

>2023 disney

>making good entertainment

Prepare yourself for Artemis Fowl 2.0.

Riordan himself is helming the project, precisely because he despised the movies.

Ya know, one thing i think Engage really does alot worse than Fates....

Classes.

I don't need to talk about Classes in Fates, everyone knows about how cool and unique the classes were there. Engage is pretty much standard FE class wise aside from the Dragon classes thanks to their uniqueness and the Elusia sisters. Well, tbh, most of the customizability here went to the emblems, but man i want my flying Archers and magical Axers pls.

I also think weapons were done quite a bit better in Fates

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Classes.

I don't need to talk about Classes in Fates, everyone knows about how cool and unique the classes were there. Engage is pretty much standard FE class wise aside from the Dragon classes thanks to their uniqueness and the Elusia sisters. Well, tbh, most of the customizability here went to the emblems, but man i want my flying Archers and magical Axers pls.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Rean never changes, Gaius was about recognizing Erebonia as his second home, which was done in CS2 so he was just hanging out, and Crow… is one of few Old Class VIIers who I would say do change in this game, albeit it’s a little subtle

Reveal hidden contents

And it’s shit anyway since he should’ve stayed dead

He for sure loses his... Perverted side of him self.

He just reverts to talking about the wind all the time, though. Which was an issue in I.

Crow got hit the worst. I enjoyed his happy-go-lucky, fun side. Again, his perverted streak was lost similar to Rean.

They tried to give him a "badass" persona which is in 100% conlflict with his inhereht character. 

Never was gonna happen with clear dev/fan bias. Lmao

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, the way I handled Octopath 1 was, I did the first four stories concurrently. Then I stopped lol

On my second run, I did the same thing, then I started over for the remaining four.

Which four did you do at a time for each of those 3 runs? If you remember. Just curious.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It can be a bit daunting, but I feel this is the best way, given the forced deployment of the first pick - any other approach would've left them vastly overleveled for any story that falls behind. Which is why I really hope it's not a thing in Octopath 2 so I can do all of them at my own pace.

But if you restart like that, you don’t get to fight the optional superboss. Which is painful and not worth it because the boss gauntlet you have to fight every attempt, but I didn’t know that at the time.

What I did, if you’re curious, is go through all eight chapters 1s and get every character first, switching them out of the party based on who’d had the most EXP (so like, I got Cyrus second, so by the time I got Primrose and needed to kick someone out, it was him. Then my next character kicked out the 3rd, and so on and so forth). At the end of this, no one will be high enough level to do the next chapters because the EXP curve is bad, so I had to pick 4 characters for a small session of grinding (not that much). After that, I would do the first chapter of protag’s story with those 4 characters, then do the first chapter of the 2nd character in the party. After, I would bench them and bring on the character whose story I intended to do AFTER the next two, do the next story, bench that character and get a new one, repeat. I did this for chapters 2-4 and didn’t have to do anymore grinding. Did that explanation make sense?

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Order of the Phoenix has plot holes so big you can fly a 747 through them

But that’s the whole series

and since you’re watching the movies you’re gonna get a lot more iirc

but it's unironically the best one yet.

Oh, good, I do remember some stuff.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Classes.

Conquest was barely different from standard FE classes tho, it’s really just Hoshido that gets the fun stuff. I mean there’s like, Malig Knight, but it’s not even good.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

E rank hell, no thank you

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Conquest was barely different from standard FE classes tho, it’s really just Hoshido that gets the fun stuff.

You can get the hoshidi classes in cq tho. Not easily, but there were ways

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mean there’s like, Malig Knight, but it’s not even good.

Bro wat

What are you on xD

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am talking the weapons themselves not e-rank hell xD

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Classes.

That is absolutely true. Fates's class variety was some of the best in the series, especially with the Hoshido/Nohr split mixing things up. I maintain that in this aspect, Fates wins by a long shot. No other FE goes to such lengths to grant its countries their own identities through designs, classes and even weaponry like Fates does. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that they should very much be counted as part of the world-building. People are always like "Fates no worldbuilding", but even if I were to remove name labels and allegiance coloring, you could recognize each country's army with one glance. Even the locations, with their vastly different aesthetics. Other FEs? Not so much.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Opinions on that matter are polarizing, as we know.

I'm tempted to agree, though. While Fates's system was far from perfect, in Engage they just feel kinda uninspired. The only other FE where weapons felt like direct upgrades as much as here was New Mystery, with its hilariously godawful iron weapons and ten billion free silvers. And smashing weapons turned out to be supremely underwhelming. Too many crippling downsides and the pushback can't really be used for much in a game that only has slightly more focus on enviromental manipulation than the rest of its series (read, just about none). Triangle Strategy this ain't. Man you can really tell Benedict's gotten in my head again after almost a year

Which four did you do at a time for each of those 3 runs? If you remember. Just curious.

First run was a hot minute ago, but I believe I did Cyrus, H'aanit, Primrose and Alfyn. Sue me.

I'm actually a bit fuzzier on my second run's specifics. Cyrus is a given, fairly certain I did Ha'anit again as well... Perhaps Therion and Olberic? I'm really not sure, since I ended up doing them all the order is a lot more muddled in my mind.

But if you restart like that, you don’t get to fight the optional superboss. Which is painful and not worth it because the boss gauntlet you have to fight every attempt, but I didn’t know that at the time.

Oh I never bothered with the optional superboss lol. Didn't even consider it. I read up on what I'd need to do to get it, and the specifics of it, and noped the fuck out.

What I did, if you’re curious, is go through all eight chapters 1s and get every character first, switching them out of the party based on who’d had the most EXP (so like, I got Cyrus second, so by the time I got Primrose and needed to kick someone out, it was him. Then my next character kicked out the 3rd, and so on and so forth). At the end of this, no one will be high enough level to do the next chapters because the EXP curve is bad, so I had to pick 4 characters for a small session of grinding (not that much). After that, I would do the first chapter of protag’s story with those 4 characters, then do the first chapter of the 2nd character in the party. After, I would bench them and bring on the character whose story I intended to do AFTER the next two, do the next story, bench that character and get a new one, repeat. I did this for chapters 2-4 and didn’t have to do anymore grinding. Did that explanation make sense?

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I didn't do this because I feared it'd make Cyrus completely dumb for the entirety of the game, but perhaps they designed EXP gains to account for that. Oh well, doesn't matter at this point. This is Osvald's show.

Yeah, like Shrimpy said, that's a different thing. I agree with you, too. No E-rank hell is the best part of this game's reclassing.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile Percy Jackson also had the thing with growing up with the audience. Difference being is that Riordan actually does know how to write for adults and, as I said earlier, you can see his improvement as the series goes on.

Since this is related to the "writing for adults" thing, have you read The Trials of Apollo yet? It has nothing to do with Ace Attorney, despite the name.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just one of the weirder items you can synthesize. Doesn't affect the character models, thankfully.

It doesn't seem very appealing as a foodstuff or as an article of clothing, but I appreciate the insight.

Order of the Phoenix has plot holes so big you can fly a 747 through them, but it's unironically the best one yet.

I think the movies assumed that you've read the books around this point.

The best movie is The Crimes of Grindelwald, which is the funniest because it's bad and makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No other FE goes to such lengths to grant its countries their own identities through designs, classes and even weaponry like Fates does. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that they should very much be counted as part of the world-building. People are always like "Fates no worldbuilding", but even if I were to remove name labels and allegiance coloring, you could recognize each country's army with one glance. Even the locations, with their vastly different aesthetics. Other FEs? Not so much.

When someone praises Fates's worldbuilding

I agree with your point, however.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ut even if I were to remove name labels and allegiance coloring, you could recognize each country's army with one glance. Even the locations, with their vastly different aesthetics. Other FEs? Not so much

I remember i was a bit disappointed when i played other FEs after Fates and found every country has pretty much the same army, with some differences like "Yeah this place is Wyvern country, while this is magic country"

Only other non-Fates game with differences was Tellius thanks to the whole Laguz thing....but well, Laguz gameplay is... something xD

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And smashing weapons turned out to be supremely underwhelming

Should have given em sure hit on initiation tbh

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

enviromental manipulation

Hopefully after Dragon Veins in Fates and Corrin Emblem in Engage they can play around more with said manipulation

I think it's quite a bit more than slightly here tho with how much i rely on Cornblem and obstruct xD

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No E-rank hell is the best part of this game's reclassing.

Fates with Engage's weapon rank system makes me salviate

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

When someone praises Fates's worldbuilding

I agree with your point, however.

I will mess with the natural order if the natural order is wrong. I mean, it's absolutely true they don't really stop to tell us much about the culture, customs or daily lives of the countries, but when it comes to aesthetic and atmosphere, they are much more clearly defined than other games in the series.

...Besides, if you stop to think about it, what really makes Fateslandia worldubilding that much worse than say, Magvel worldbuilding? Archanea worldbuilding? Elibe worldbuilding? The lack of continent name?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I remember i was a bit disappointed when i played other FEs after Fates and found every country has pretty much the same army, with some differences like "Yeah this place is Wyvern country, while this is magic country"

Only other non-Fates game with differences was Tellius thanks to the whole Laguz thing....but well, Laguz gameplay is... something xD

And even then, it's only in the Laguz countries. All three beorc powers are as indistinguishable as any other non-Fates FE country.

Should have given em sure hit on initiation tbh

That would've been a start.

Hopefully after Dragon Veins in Fates and Corrin Emblem in Engage they can play around more with said manipulation

I think it's quite a bit more than slightly here tho with how much i rely on Cornblem and obstruct xD

Haha, well, that's true. I suppose I let Triangle Strategy and Sparks of Hope spoil me in that regard. You can toss people all over the place in Sparks of Hope. You can make it rain in Triangle Strategy on command, so every battle feels like a final battle.

Fates with Engage's weapon rank system makes me salviate

Wait for the mod lolololol

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bro wat

What are you on xD

There’s like, 0 reason to go that route over wyvern lord or whatever that magic flying class is called other than skills and conserving resources. I mean, it’s not bad, but…

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am talking the weapons themselves not e-rank hell xD

Oh, fair enough. Yeah, you’re right.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh I never bothered with the optional superboss lol. Didn't even consider it. I read up on what I'd need to do to get it, and the specifics of it, and noped the fuck out.

well aren’t you smarter than me

Ah, who am I kidding? I would’ve gone Sooks% regardless of what the internet said.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I didn't do this because I feared it'd make Cyrus completely dumb for the entirety of the game, but perhaps they designed EXP gains to account for that. Oh well, doesn't matter at this point. This is Osvald's show.

That didn’t happen for me, Ophelia ended up at pretty much the level she needed to be come the end of every cycle of chapters. EXP slows to a crawl when you’re overleveled. I’m gonna do the same method again for this game (unless they change EXP somehow), would recommend.