• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It is a pretty accurate depiction of the series. I swear this bumbling idiot will believe anything, so long as it's not coming from the mouth of someone on the defense's side.

It happens so often though where the prosecution will make an argument and the judge will just take their word for it while when the defense makes an argument you have to bring incredibly specific proof in order to convince him.

I mean from a gameplay perspective I get it but Jesus Christ.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The mystery that the entire fanbase has been wondering for eternity. Personally, I think Von Karma is so evil that he reproduces asexually. On sheer evil energy.

Now that's a good game theory.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not as much work as much as it is routine fault

I

and this might be an understimation

Utterly and completely despise routines

But

I am also very effective at them

Which leads to me feeling like a machine and less like a human and life becoming utterly colorless and everyday just being the same over and over and over and over and over and over again

Even before my illness when i worked full time back then i felt the same. I hate that feeling.

Yep, I feel ya there. Endless routines are soul crushing and yet It's the best way to stay productive.

Curse these damn social capitalist norms that insist we as humans must base our worth by our productivity and have to always strive for something "greater" when all I wish to do is survive and live as I wish.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jo welcome back 😄

Don't forget about linked ironman 😉

I'll probably get to that tomorrow or later tonight when I'm better rested, it was a long travel day after all.

I checked multiple times but just to be absolutely sure, nobody died right?

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha, close. The official explanation is that the Immigration Ban Laws of the early 20th Century were never enacted. As a result, Asian immigration to California continued unimpeded.

Ah, I see.

Still It's funny hearing Maya say "My ancestors must've walked through this village" when that would only be a handful of generations back.

Still old, but ancestors implies much older to me.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or that

Then again, i heard university in Murica is like Grade School but for Adults or something

Definitely depends on the school, but yeah regardless of the school nothing is going to save you from the difficulty of finding a job that actually pays in fair wages over here

Luckily there are some good unionized work places and as the younger less tolerant generations grow into working positions we'll start to see more of that.

Hopefully anyways.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Indeed

Is this Lyn’s paralogue?

Yes

I don't know what exactly is the difference here, but it's being more of a sob

I feel it' the silver bows. Enemies shouldn't have Silvers that early*

Also i am not using  Louis...not that he would've helped againat 32 atl 19 spd bow knights

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm better rested, it

Rest well!

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

nobody died righ

Umu

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yes

I don't know what exactly is the difference here, but it's being more of a sob

Well it was a sob for me, but I never played hard so…

I feel it' the silver bows. Enemies shouldn't have Silvers that early*

They didn’t have those? Welp.

Also i am not using  Louis...not that he would've helped againat 32 atl 19 spd bow knights

My MVP here (who I absolutely recommend bringing) was Panette with Ike, who I believe had her base stats. Forge a pole axe so that she can OHKO bow knights with it (shouldn’t be that hard, I think mine was +3 with an engraving on it (don’t remember which one)) and have her use great aether with it, she can kill as many bow knights as you can get it in her range at once. And delete one horse per turn.

I had Timerra with a forged ridersbane doing something similar deleting horses but she was like 1 damage short of OHKOing so I had to keep her glued to Alear rip.

Edited by Sooks

So i went and checked Lyn's paralogue stat differences

Str 10 -> 19

AS 11 -> 19

Dx 13 -> 25

Def 8 -> 14

Res 7 -> 16

HP 34 -> 41

Dafuq

There are also lotsa more bow knights, but that i noticed

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Still It's funny hearing Maya say "My ancestors must've walked through this village" when that would only be a handful of generations back.

Still old, but ancestors implies much older to me.

A possible handwave could be that it doesn't stop the Fey Clan to have moved centuries earlier.

The Japanese at least certainly made at least one trip before the isolation period:

Hasekura Tsunenaga - Wikipedia

Some Japanese from that expedition did settled in Spain. Plausible to say others did in the Americas. It's likely not a thing Capcom has thought of, perhaps, but it's not hard to come up with it as a possible answer ourselves to make sense out of it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm assuming Mana Khemia hits the reset button with its second game.

Actually no, it takes place 15 years after.

Btw, Iris 1 and 2 are connected I just found out. Iris 2 is a prequel. I take it this connection is pretty thin tho.

But that means it's really just Iris 3 that is not connected to any game at all then.

Some of these might be living in your tap water, depending on where you live. Seawater, freshwater, even in wet fallen leaves, they live.

Life finds a way.

Maybe XS by day, Mana Khemia in the evening as a strict rule?

Keep in mind I do believe Mana Khemia has the timelimits. Because it's Atelier goes to school so I imagine the timelimits are for each assignment of the month or whatever. Don't get expelled.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It happens so often though where the prosecution will make an argument and the judge will just take their word for it while when the defense makes an argument you have to bring incredibly specific proof in order to convince him.

This is why Maya gets framed for murder in every game. I like to think the judge is just waiting for Maya to actually commit murder so he can finally be vindicated.

....why is the only crime anybody ever wants to commit in this universe is murder?

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Str 10 -> 19

AS 11 -> 19

Dx 13 -> 25

Def 8 -> 14

Res 7 -> 16

HP 34 -> 41

Dafuq

The stats inflation begins. Xd

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....why is the only crime anybody ever wants to commit in this universe is murder?

To show us or actually happening? Since most make sense.

1-1 was because the accused was one of Phoenix's friends.

1-2 was inevitable. Victim was Mia and the accused was her own sister and no one wanted to help her, so Phoenix couldn't just walk away.

1-3 was chosen by Maya because the accused was the actor from her favorite show.

1-4 was because Edgeworth was involved. Enough said.

1-5 it was Emma seeking Phoenix out, and he saw Lana and Emma as too similar to the Fey sisters to decline.

I don't quite remember why 2-1 happened to involve Phoenix. Gumshoe? I mean, Maggie was the accused after all...

2-2 because Maya.

So... pretty much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To show us or actually happening? Since most make sense.

1-1 was because the accused was one of Phoenix's friends.

1-2 was inevitable. Victim was Mia and the accused was her own sister and no one wanted to help her, so Phoenix couldn't just walk away.

1-3 was chosen by Maya because the accused was the actor from her favorite show.

1-4 was because Edgeworth was involved. Enough said.

1-5 it was Emma seeking Phoenix out, and he saw Lana and Emma as too similar to the Fey sisters to decline.

I don't quite remember why 2-1 happened to involve Phoenix. Gumshoe? I mean, Maggie was the accused after all...

2-2 because Maya.

So... pretty much.

Yeah I get that but like, idk, throw some variety. There are other crimes than murder. Instead of Maya being accused of murder again, maybe this time she gets accused of robbing the bank or some shit idk.

On the other end of the tonal spectrum, it's like the Purge movies. They really made a concept that was "all crimes are legal for one night" and the only crimes anybody ever wants to do in those movies is murder.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah yes, I know of that one. lol

Jupiter needs to stop with the picross (which I do like actually), and get back to making pinball games. I don't care if b/c costs mean they have to be digital-only, or if I have to pay extra for additional PokeGen/licenses boards. Pokemon Pinball was a fun time-waster back in the day, and SRP looks to have been in exactly the same vein.

Though why do I see Gundam Deathscythe and not Wing? Or is this not Endless Waltz so it's not-Wing Zero + GBC graphics are messing me up?

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Btw, Iris 1 and 2 are connected I just found out. Iris 2 is a prequel. I take it this connection is pretty thin tho.

Would have to be a really distant prequel. Enough for another ancient era where alchemists screwed up. Or maybe Lil' Iris grew up to be Ancient Iris- but then where were Felt and Viese to stop the creation of that misshapen monstrosity born of alchemists' folly?

Admittedly, it was stated that the entire world wasn't shown in Iris 2 when you synthesize a globe. Two locations were recycled for AI2 that were in AI1, but I thought it b/c Gust was lazy. 

Keep in mind I do believe Mana Khemia has the timelimits. Because it's Atelier goes to school

Returns to school. I did see the description for MaRiemake.

so I imagine the timelimits are for each assignment of the month or whatever. Don't get expelled.

That's how the Evil Route starts.😈 Me, Myself and I shall reduce the school to ashes, fear the self-clone army you have driven me to create!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Returns to school. I did see the description for MaRiemake.

Yeah but I don't think Marie counts? Cause like in her case, her thing is that she's the worst student in the school's history, which is really funny (also I suppose it's more like a college. She is 19 at the start, 24 by the end).

But like none of the Salburg games gave you "school assignments" in the way that Mana Khemia probably did. Heck Mana Khemia might be where the more segmented approach to the timelimits began.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Two locations were recycled for AI2 that were in AI1, but I thought it b/c Gust was lazy. 

Now that I think about it, the only other time Gust reused some locations was in Lulua.... because it was the first "fourth" game, a celebration of Arland, which means some returning locations were in order. Given a glow up and a few of them even got some new narrative significance.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Copepods, the microscopic (this is a magnified drop of water) crustaceans that consist of 13000 species, and might be the most numerous animals on the planet.

Some of these might be living in your tap water, depending on where you live. Seawater, freshwater, even in wet fallen leaves, they live.

Plankton from SpongeBob is a copepod, so you best hope one of them in your tap water doesn't try to steal the Krabby Patty formula.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I get that but like, idk, throw some variety. There are other crimes than murder. Instead of Maya being accused of murder again, maybe this time she gets accused of robbing the bank or some shit idk.

There was one time Phoenix took a theft case, but it ended up leading into a murder case.

The Great Ace Attorney games have an assault case (but the victim is comatose, so practically it makes no difference) and an attempted murder case. Some other cases mix up the formula a bit, but a dead person is involved a majority of the time. "Murder is dramatic" is the likely explanation as to why that is.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the other end of the tonal spectrum, it's like the Purge movies. They really made a concept that was "all crimes are legal for one night" and the only crimes anybody ever wants to do in those movies is murder.

Yeah, where are all the people committing tax fraud?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Str 10 -> 19

AS 11 -> 19

Dx 13 -> 25

Def 8 -> 14

Res 7 -> 16

HP 34 -> 41

Dafuq

Huh, so I guess that means I was right in feeling that the paralogues are massively stat inflated?

Well, now I feel validated in waiting on many of them. I really should’ve picked hard huh.

Oh well, at least I’ve learned both my lessons on starting too hard and starting too easy for all future FEs.

Oh, so the bow knight spam (to that extent) is maddening exclusive.

Maybe i should go get her first

Bruh

but i wasted so much money on tonics....

Well I did use tonics for this map. I had to give Panette spd and def so she could actually tank those bow knights. Same for some others.

Edited by Sooks

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jupiter needs to stop with the picross (which I do like actually), and get back to making pinball games. I don't care if b/c costs mean they have to be digital-only, or if I have to pay extra for additional PokeGen/licenses boards. Pokemon Pinball was a fun time-waster back in the day, and SRP looks to have been in exactly the same vein.

Though why do I see Gundam Deathscythe and not Wing? Or is this not Endless Waltz so it's not-Wing Zero + GBC graphics are messing me up?

Pinball only had TV Show Wing, so no Wing Zero, just regular Wing.

Also, interestingly enough, Pinball had a few OG mechs. When do they show up in SRW?

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heck Mana Khemia might be where the more segmented approach to the timelimits began.

I'll just have to see how it is.😄

Multiple saves might be in order. That was my precaution for 3H, not that I ever needed to resort to going backwards there.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but I don't think Marie counts? Cause like in her case, her thing is that she's the worst student in the school's history, which is really funny (also I suppose it's more like a college. She is 19 at the start, 24 by the end).

College? That institution Japanese social sims need to learn about and how adults entering college are still young and not fully secure in themselves and their lives yet? Miss Marie be ahead of her time.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Make some of the laws of said kinda dystopian(?) world forbid public displays of affection, particularly for certain kinds of people. Wholesome Purge right there, two mutual and kind lovers trying to find a safe space in a lawless world where they can be themselves for a day. In their search for such a place where they can be at ease, they discover countless scenes of brutal carnality that the viewer can only wish to unsee. But it makes the couple's bleak pursuit of peace ever more endearing to have it surrounded by such darkness.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, interestingly enough, Pinball had a few OG mechs. When do they show up in SRW?

I can't read Japanese and aren't familiar with all the licensed materials therein. So which ones?

And if Compatible Kaiser is allowed to exist, OG should totally fold in the pinball mechs.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

VKRsuSa.jpg

Getting near the end of the game here it looks like Edelgard will be Protagon's S support and-

bos416y.jpg

BY GOD IT'S JERITZA WITH A STEEL CHAIR

The Fate of Protagon's future decided by a Wrastling match. Will Jeritza the heel win the day, and Protagon's heart?

Q5AAzx7.jpg

I too remember that cutscene in Verdant Wind.

Too bad they were too cheap to repeat the cutscene in this route...

5wYQfhz.jpg

America

Definitely what rural America looks like, we promise.

xqeptOr.jpg

It's been 45 minutes and I've yet to see Miles Edgeworth.

It will tragically be a long wait for him, but I must admit, his Triumphant Return music is amongst my favorite in these games.

xpyyTex.jpg

I love it when they give these old evil guys kids. Like how did that happen.

He was a rich lawyer, plenty of people lower their standards for decency when it involves rich people.

2Y7Dc5l.png

I might actually try and complete a decent junk of the Pokedex in some of these games. Not all of it of course since no trading and all that but at least as much as I can with one copy.

Thinking of doing a Professor Oak Challenge (where you complete as much of the dex as possible before each badge), or a more casual pokedex work? Also planning on doing any if the Sevii islands post game in this dex work?

Definitely will create a separate post of the best pictures I took in Tikal to share with all of you, because there are some great ones.

I am looking forwards to it.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If only those three had been in the game, I would've made it past the first hour lololololol

You should play Pokemon Yellow then, or...did Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee include them too? I think they did, and those are a lot more modern.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh God, don't remind me about how I'll be about 90k in debt after my Bachelor's here in Burgerland North...

Oof, sorry that Burderland North took such awful lessons from here to heart.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

College? That institution Japanese social sims need to learn about and how adults entering college are still young and not fully secure in themselves and their lives yet? Miss Marie be ahead of her time.

I'd think alchemists have no fear for college debts.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't read Japanese and aren't familiar with all the licensed materials therein. So which ones?

And if Compatible Kaiser is allowed to exist, OG should totally fold in the pinball mechs.

They're listed here:

https://superrobotwars.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Robot_Pinball

Just three.

Hahaha, so true. But perhaps it might be a bit harder since the Pinball OG mechs don't have pilots. Then again, a few in the OGverse still lack like personal mechs from what I recall...

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd think alchemists have no fear for college debts.

Money has no value in a world where magical chemists have the ability to trigger runaway inflation whenever they feel like it. Take that loans! -Or laws are put in place forbidding the transmutation into gold without a government license, on pain of imprisonment. That might happen.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, a few in the OGverse still lack like personal mechs from what I recall...

Anything for Carla please! She's still stuck in a tuned-up inferior version of Yuuki's! He really should've gotten an Ashsaviour and let her have the Razangriff, would have been more thematic if they both had gotten the A Reals.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer