Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

EphFgjO.jpg
Devil called poverty counter + 1

IwyEVpl.jpg
Devil called poverty counter + 1

Total count: 3.

Partitio’s story was pretty fun. It was kinda slow paced and had a super predictable twist but… damn, a merchant who’s against capitalism is just so much fun. His latent power is kinda boring, but I like to view it as a free 100% chance to use collect.

Also, his town has a sidequest where a guy is trying to make a girl laugh except she never laughs, so you have to go around and collect 3 jokes for him. He combines their set ups and punchlines into a complete mess that doesn’t make any sense, and it makes so little sense that the girl starts cackling like a hyena. This is when it is revealed that the reason she never laughs is because she is insecure about her super weird laugh, but we heard it, because Joe basically just invented the world’s first meme. I love this game.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reasonable.

...By some metric, I'm sure.

That metric being Sooks%

Not Sooks%, you get $1000 for doing it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so who's closest to Castti...

...oh. Hikari.

Yeah you know what, I'll visit Ryu so I can fast travel later and go for Partitio first, thanks.

No, I just grabbed him 2nd because I wanted to go halfway across the continent for no reason.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

All right, here we go. Time to begin the poverty-killing parti.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not Sooks%, you get $1000 for doing it.

Why would you reset then

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, I just grabbed him 2nd because I wanted to go halfway across the continent for no reason.

Starting with Castti leaves you precious little options. It's the generic man or bust.

...Well, Partitio is pretty close too, to be fair.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why would you reset then

Because I was playing the role of Partitio and wanted to eliminate that devil called poverty. From my own wallet. Because I wasted like all the money his chapter gives you.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Starting with Castti leaves you precious little options. It's the generic man or bust.

...Well, Partitio is pretty close too, to be fair.

You can go right to get Ochette second, if you don’t mind paying $1000.

Pfffhahahahaha

Okay I love Roque already. He's the CEO of Capitalism. He's not even Texan, I can tell already he's going to be evil.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because I was playing the role of Partitio and wanted to eliminate that devil called poverty. From my own wallet. Because I wasted like all the money his chapter gives you.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Beat up that pesky poverty like there's no tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can go right to get Ochette second, if you don’t mind paying $1000.

Oh, of course, she does start in the port town haha.

...Alternatively, you could pay 1000 bucks, go to the eastern continent, walk all the way north and get Osvald, eh? Eh?

10 Best Harry Potter Logo Wallpaper FULL HD 1920×1080 For PC Desktop | Harry  potter, Personaggi di harry potter, Immagini di harry potter

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: It's a children's movie based on a children's book, nuff said. It introduces the world of the franchise and its characters very well, but other than that, it's nothing special. 6/10.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The superior sequel. I already wrote about this movie here 7/10.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Style over substance, and the excessive style detracted from the substance. It's horrendously rushed and dragged out at the same time. Nothing happens until the third act, it seems the creators just wanted to do a time travel sequence. One example of how its rushed is Harry wanting to murder Sirius in the worst way possible, and by the next minute they're a happy family discussing where they're going to live. It feels sudden and unearned, as if there's no point where Harry is allowed to actually take in what's just happened. But I understand now who thinks this one is the best. 6.5/10.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Extremely disjointed, but memorable. 6/10.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Nice character development, Harry. 7/10.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: What if we make this a romantic comedy about Lavender Brown and Won Won and how Hermione is jealous of them? How about we throw in Romilda Vane? Oh Oh, Ginny tying Harry's shoes? Voldemort stuff? Secondary. 6.5/10.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1: It was good at first, then it was not. 6.5/10.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2: They killed a bunch of characters offscreen, and this is where I realized they had given up on really having a cohesive story. And in the end that was a good thing, because Harry Potter never really had a good story in the first place because they could now focus on the spectacle while simultaneously delivering an emotional punch - through Lily's theme/music, Snape's memories, Resurrection Stone talk, the students’ last stand, etc. 7/10.

In the end, I had a good time. Now waiting for the PS4 version of Hogwarts Legacy to be released.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Interesting math equation! What does it mean? Xd

Harry Potter = Mid.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What did you search for, though?

"Atheist"

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They don't even play the same (and if you ask me, VH2 is far superior in every way except like, portraits and combat animations).

... How?!

Edited by Newtype06

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Alternatively, you could pay 1000 bucks, go to the eastern continent, walk all the way north and get Osvald, eh? Eh?

While getting everyone else along the way, yeah

The leaflands are so pretty. Well, Agnea, let’s see what you’ve got.

Story aside, dancer looks really fun in this game. Moving up ally actions, dagger damage to all, bewildering grace, wind magic… yes please. If Agnea doesn’t work out, I have an idea for who I’m gonna make dancer based on a sprite I’ve seen. But damn, Agnea’s walk animation is so cute…

I really have to wonder what sort of contrived circumstances are going to lead Roque to grow four times in size and get beat up by Partitio and friends.

Anyway, Partitio got.

Spoiler

Oh shit, it's Malaya! That's an awesome tie-in. There seems to be multiple of these throughout the game. I'm still waiting for a stolen book belonging to the Order of the Flame to pop up so I can go "I remember the Frigit prisoner whose bio said he stole that!"

I like how Partitio's solution to his father's grand venture being legally taken from him due to his inability to read is to go and beat the shit out of the landowner's hired thugs. I mean, I support the sentiment, but that's gonna get this lot in Frigit before the week's end. And then what? Is Partitio gonna develop a case of breast fire too?

...Wait, scratch that, he did know how to read. He just had a really bad memory. Let me guess - it's Roque that did it, isn't it.

Aaaaaaaaand yeah. I didn't even have time to post this before the game went "yep it's the CEO of Capitalism." If anything, the part that truly has surprised me is that Dad survived lol

Also they made Kenny voice some of the Texans. I love how much he's struggling to make his voice super high-pitched so it's not just Kenny again.

Whatever the case, that was a fun chapter. I won't have time to do more tonight, sadly, but Agnea's next tomorrow, and then I guess I'll do the boring one. We'll see how I handle the rest of the game afterwards. It's being enjoyable so far, though, much like the original.

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

"Atheist"

Hah! That does make sense.

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Why?

The portraits in VH2 are kinda ugly and monochrome. It seems to be going for a somewhat realistic artstyle, but with too many hardware limitations to really pull it off. And the animations, while competent, are less expressive and original than the first game's. Mainly due to the fact that classes aren't a thing, anyone can equip anything at any point, so they needed more standarized animations. I will say though, magic is fucking awesome. I should know.

Honestly though, I still generally like how the game looks, even if it's less... charming, let's say, than the first one. Even if the animations are more standarized, the sprites themselves are colorful and pretty, and the maps look great for PS1.

Besides, this is the game with Pike in it.

ovNX8wH5_o.png

Who cares if the artstyle's super drab and weird. It produced Pike. I've played this game twice, I've 100%d it and I still haven't the faintest clue who Pike is. But I love him.

I did always miss the blood geysers though, Vandal Heart 1's blood geysers were iconic

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

While getting everyone else along the way, yeah

No. Murder hobo first.

And of course, what better way to end the day than to beat the snot out of Partitio's dad in front of him so I can steal his belongings.

Path actions!

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Oh, gods not VH 2 talk! Why, Ruben!?

Oh right, I forgot you dislike the game.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I have to admit, chapter 13 is a doozy.

So anything that i need to look out in ch13? Any notable loot between the houses? Or between the mini quest which one is essential/important?

My perfectionist is screaming at me, but at the same time i dont think its possible with my lineup. Just like 12-1, i didnt manage to kill all the black priest, i just "nope, straight to rasputin" after 3 hours of retrying the final/last leg

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

So anything that i need to look out in ch13? Any notable loot between the houses? Or between the mini quest which one is essential/important?

Aside from the horses and the ballista near the end, you can kill the boss, Conan, for a tactics ranking point. But that's pretty irrelevant. Focus on surviving.

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

My perfectionist is screaming at me, but at the same time i dont think its possible with my lineup. Just like 12-1, i didnt manage to kill all the black priest, i just "nope, straight to rasputin" after 3 hours of retrying the final/last leg

Yeah there's basically no reason to go foe the dark mages. Best to snipe Rasputin, and fast.

I finished Agnea’s chapter 1. I like how quick it was, it felt a lot faster than everyone else’s chapter 1.

That’s… it really. I have nothing else to say. I feel like if I really looked at it, I could find a ton of super hilarious jokes to make about it, but I just… don’t care enough. It’s a chapter about a dancer from a small town who fights a boss monster and then leaves to make it big that exists, really. Agnea cute, how about that?

Oh, there is a plot point that Agnea has a really southern accent that she hides to talk like people from the city, to I guess blend in more, but it comes out when she gets flustered, and it’s kind of funny. 

Chapter 24 of Engage was fun (sort of), and the storytelling is also fun.

Spoiler

Zephia sending the party back in time to fight Alear's past self was unexpected, and I wasn't expecting the game to provide as much detail on Alear's past as it did. Alear seemed more severely traumatized than actually evil, which is an interesting take. And Lumera got more screentime, truly this is the best chapter.

At this rate I might finish the plot soon and complete the remaining paralogues... eventually. Except the Pact Ring paralogue, that's too important to pass up.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe Partitio betrayed his own ideals in the first 10 minutes. How can he beat the devil called poverty if he's part of the 1%?

To destroy the 1%, one must become the 1%.

QBPl1zS.png

What happened to your lighthouse, Bill.

if5Bmh2.png

KILL THE IMPOSTER

c9w7TKB.png

"American? Is that a Unovan thing?"

ed1xEMU.png

The What / Rug Doctor Woman Ad | Know Your Meme

FFHrYr3.png

That's actually horrifying, what the fuck.

Where's the Pokemon game that puts the idea of using Pokemon as war machines into question.

s86EVi1.png8ffhNa0.png

Yeah you definitely don't need to tell me that after I sweeped your entire team with a Sandslash

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

"American? Is that a Unovan thing?"

"More like remnants of Pokémon's original pitch."

Going on the above, probably the Gulf War.

Where's the Pokemon game that puts the idea of using Pokemon as war machines into question.

Didn't you already played that one

1 hour ago, joevar said:

The ballista quest only gives you a crafting material. Doesn't exactly help that the window during which you can realistically destroy the ballista is extremely short.
The horse quest on the other hand gives you a free Liga Cursor. You know, that massive HP horse that grants extra movement that Alvina starts out with.
The search house in the Southwest is the only house that contains an enemy. So it might be best to save it for last, just in case. (You cannot actually die in Search battles. Can still get crippled, though)
It might be worth considering equipping a Miracle Charm for this, because the enemy in there is actually quite formidable. Even Axel can potentially die in 2 or 3 hits there.

The fort in the Northeast is a complete non-issue. There are just no enemies there.

The map might look very open, but what terrain there is is quite significant.
The woodlines in the Southwest and Southeast do a great job in restricting the enemies' mobility and making them easy pickings. And of course the enemies in the North are extremely vulnerable while they are on the cliffs.
It's worth noting that the infantry in the Northwest does not fully use it's movement. By which I mean, they will actually spend 2 turns on the cliffs, even though they could leave it on the 2nd turn. They will only leave the cliffs on the 2nd turn if they can reach an enemy with their full movement.

The shoreline in the middle is a pain in the rear. Cavalry can quickly switch between the Southeast and Southwest front, but that shoreline is really effective at keeping the northern front isolated.
If you do want to send cavalry across the river, the bridges are probably the better pick, even if it's a detour. But it's best to avoid that kind of scenario altogether.

For something a bit more spoilery...

Spoiler

The last wave of enemies cannot actually seize any of the fortresses.
Remaining enemies of previous waves can still do it. But once they are dealt with, you can focus purely on survival.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Celica also rescues Jesse. Even if he's in a cell rather than surrounded by enemies.

Plot twist: Kaga never saw Jesse's design and because Jesse is traditionally a girl's name, he put him in a cell without double checking.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ed1xEMU.png

Gen 1 is funny because they tried to imply that Kanto (not the Japanese region) was located somewhere on Earth. Which is why there are references to real life animals, especially in the anime.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

XY.

57 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The ballista quest only gives you a crafting material. Doesn't exactly help that the window during which you can realistically destroy the ballista is extremely short.
The horse quest on the other hand gives you a free Liga Cursor. You know, that massive HP horse that grants extra movement that Alvina starts out with.
The search house in the Southwest is the only house that contains an enemy. So it might be best to save it for last, just in case. (You cannot actually die in Search battles. Can still get crippled, though)
It might be worth considering equipping a Miracle Charm for this, because the enemy in there is actually quite formidable. Even Axel can potentially die in 2 or 3 hits there.

The fort in the Northeast is a complete non-issue. There are just no enemies there.

The map might look very open, but what terrain there is is quite significant.
The woodlines in the Southwest and Southeast do a great job in restricting the enemies' mobility and making them easy pickings. And of course the enemies in the North are extremely vulnerable while they are on the cliffs.
It's worth noting that the infantry in the Northwest does not fully use it's movement. By which I mean, they will actually spend 2 turns on the cliffs, even though they could leave it on the 2nd turn. They will only leave the cliffs on the 2nd turn if they can reach an enemy with their full movement.

The shoreline in the middle is a pain in the rear. Cavalry can quickly switch between the Southeast and Southwest front, but that shoreline is really effective at keeping the northern front isolated.
If you do want to send cavalry across the river, the bridges are probably the better pick, even if it's a detour. But it's best to avoid that kind of scenario altogether.

For something a bit more spoilery...

Reveal hidden contents

The last wave of enemies cannot actually seize any of the fortresses.
Remaining enemies of previous waves can still do it. But once they are dealt with, you can focus purely on survival.

alright, hopefully enough pointer to get me through this. also hopefully that spoiler dont need to be opened.  problem is i dont even have any money left to buy anyone horse seeing the open space already give me headache.

that free horse tho, seems like a must me lol