• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ohhhhh so that's how the DLC maps work. You have to do them in some sort of order it seems. In other words, i can't just get Camilla first thing. I have to at least do Tiki's first.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ohhhhh so that's how the DLC maps work. You have to do them in some sort of order it seems. In other words, i can't just get Camilla first thing. I have to at least do Tiki's first.

Best I know, you only have to do Tiki's first. The rest can be in any order.

Mostly since it's Tiki who shows up in the cutscenes with Alear, so you have to do hers first.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Best I know, you only have to do Tiki's first. The rest can be in any order.

Mostly since it's Tiki who shows up in the cutscenes with Alear, so you have to do hers first.

Ah gotcha.

Gonna space it out but right now the plan is to get Camilla and Veronica first since they look really fun to play with. Soren next. I don't really care about Hector and Chrom but i'll do their maps anyway.

I have to make the active decision to not use Tiki because i know she snaps the game in two.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's fortunate for me. I only plan to use the bracelets for proficiencies, so Tiki and her martial arts were always going to be an objective. Soren's also a given, then I might grab the Houses lords for Dimitri's lances.

Highly doubt I'll bother with the rest, I really don't wanna ruin the game's balance with its hilariously poorly balanced DLC until a good few runs later. Might just keep the maps for extra availability for Lindon and Saphir, since I heard the xenologues do scale in difficulty as the game goes on.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well no, but one of my friends went to Canada once (he's from Michigan).

Aah, I see.

I find it hilarious that A&W is branded as "All-American", speaking of which, since we have them here too.

Just now, Benice said:

I find it hilarious that A&W is branded as "All-American", speaking of which, since we have them here too.

Well, America is the continent, after all.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's fortunate for me. I only plan to use the bracelets for proficiencies, so Tiki and her martial arts were always going to be an objective. Soren's also a given, then I might grab the Houses lords for Dimitri's lances.

You actually have to get the Houses lords first. That event opens up the islands where the DLC's at. 

At least i think you have to, the cutscene made it seem like you had to.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You actually have to get the Houses lords first. That event opens up the islands where the DLC's at. 

At least i think you have to, the cutscene made it seem like you had to.

Ah, well. Even more streamlined, I guess? Tiki, Houses, Soren and then I won't even bother with the rest until later on. Unless there's like, recruitable Sean or Seforia in Hector's paralogue or some shit. Or a way to make Vandad have decent experience gains.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well. Even more streamlined, I guess? Tiki, Houses, Soren and then I won't even bother with the rest until later on. Unless there's like, recruitable Sean or Seforia in Hector's paralogue or some shit. Or a way to make Vandad have decent experience gains.

Honestly, I do wonder why Sean was not the recruitable one instead of Jean.

I beat Chrono Trigger last night. I did what you guys said and beat the boss easily. Thanks again for the advice😊

The ending was great. Now I think I'm gonna work on finishing Final Fantasy 15(pocket edition) and Majora's Mask.

9 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

I beat Chrono Trigger last night. I did what you guys said and beat the boss easily. Thanks again for the advice😊

The ending was great. Now I think I'm gonna work on finishing Final Fantasy 15(pocket edition) and Majora's Mask.

The Emperor dares us to excellence.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, I do wonder why Sean was not the recruitable one instead of Jean.

These games always did like children better than old guys, and Engage plays things ultra safe for the most part. Having the older, already competent, not-particularly-handsome, bespectacled dad join in place of his big potential child-in-training would've been a fun curveball, but curveballs aren't something Engage really wanted anything to do with.

If anything, it continues to baffle me that Lindon and especially Saphir even exist. They stick out like sore thumbs amid this game's generally younger cast.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These games always did like children better than old guys, and Engage plays things ultra safe for the most part. Having the older, already competent, not-particularly-handsome, bespectacled dad join in place of his big potential child-in-training would've been a fun curveball, but curveballs aren't something Engage really wanted anything to do with.

If anything, it continues to baffle me that Lindon and especially Saphir even exist. They stick out like sore thumbs amid this game's generally younger cast.

I guess they wanted to avoid the homewrecker implications if you were to S support Sean...

Not that they couldn't do Alois 2.0.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Probably to give the illusion that people don't magically die at the age of 50. It's kind of weird, but it's also kind of justifiable why they don't include older characters if you use someone like Gregor as an excuse: Because he's too good at his job after surviving several decades as an mercenary

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess they wanted to avoid the homewrecker implications if you were to S support Sean...

If you S support Sean, you unlock the secret ending, where Anje replaces Sombron as the final boss.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/rune-factory-3-special-launches-september-5-in-the-west-for-switch-pc

Release date is 🤣 to me. Alas, without Zaid as an option, it's a no-go for me.

The Japanese version released seven days ago. Not sure why this game, whose text -outside of the new Newlywed Mode- was already completely translated more than a decade and ago and doesn't need a new translation b/c of legal issues like with HM/SoS, requires almost exactly six months to release internationally. Should've been simultaneous or close to it for RF3S. If they mess this up for an HD rerelease, it'll be a year for Not-RF6 alright.😕

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/rune-factory-3-special-launches-september-5-in-the-west-for-switch-pc

The Japanese version released seven days ago. Not sure why this game, whose text -outside of the new Newlywed Mode- was already completely translated more than a decade and ago and doesn't need a new translation b/c of legal issues like with HM/SoS, requires almost exactly six months to release internationally. Should've been simultaneous or close to it for RF3S. If they mess this up for an HD rerelease, it'll be a year for Not-RF6 alright.😕

Until September, huh.

Actually, yes. RF3 was still published by Natsume. So maybe they need to make a new translation from scratch?

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This happened with RF4S as well.

Heck Granblue Fantasy Versus had a full English mode in the Asia version and they still decided to localize it a month later.

It's just an XSeed moment I fear.