Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Desaix?

ULJS00143-00788.jpg

A passable resemblance, if the old-SRW tiny headshots is anything to go by.

Dude didn't physically appear in the story until the end of the chapter before his one and only battle, and yet.:

• Most certainly played a role in the assassination of the man whose job as supreme commander he usurped. Blaming it on Earthlings to start a war with them.
  • Takes a pretty wife not "of age" and intends to broadcast the wedding ceremony across the Solar System. Daughter of his assassinated boss BTW.
  • Threatens to rewrite the brains of his one-billion cryogenically slumbering subjects to make them his forever slaves.
  • And, reveals as he dies that when his heart stops beating (aka someone kills him), the space colony containing his billion subjects and the heroes, shall be sent on a crash course with the planet Jupiter. (I'll clean up this postmortem mess after I get my daily exercise in.)

Not a poor showing for such limited screen time.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, this reminds me how AP was Daimos' last foray in SRW. If not counting it due to remake, then the last was MX... or was it Alpha 3? Either way, I miss Daimos.

Looks like it was Alpha 3, but then checking and seeing it was in Alpha 2, I take it was post-plot by that point and just there for the grand Alphinale?

Daimos certainly puts on a good showing in A. Even if the storyline was a bit broken for me due to my route picks scattering it over the two playthroughs. Although, owing to the tiny portraits of old, Richter and Heinel having the similar cases of "resting uncomfortably-constipated-face" meant I might've had moments where I confused the two. 

On my -purely hypothetical- "Anime I've Seen In SRW That I Would/Wouldn't Watch Tier List" Daimos gets placed in the "Would Watch -If I Can Find The Director's Cut Where Secretary Miwa Dies In The First Five Minutes" tier. So, not bad.😛

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ULJS00143-00788.jpg

A passable resemblance, if the old-SRW tiny headshots is anything to go by.

The features add up. He just lacks the hilariously over-the-top facial expressoin, really.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dude didn't physically appear in the story until the end of the chapter before his one and only battle, and yet.:

• Most certainly played a role in the assassination of the man whose job as supreme commander he usurped. Blaming it on Earthlings to start a war with them.
  • Takes a pretty wife not "of age" and intends to broadcast the wedding ceremony across the Solar System. Daughter of his assassinated boss BTW.
  • Threatens to rewrite the brains of his one-billion cryogenically slumbering subjects to make them his forever slaves.
  • And, reveals as he dies that when his heart stops beating (aka someone kills him), the space colony containing his billion subjects and the heroes, shall be sent on a crash course with the planet Jupiter. (I'll clean up this postmortem mess after I get my daily exercise in.)

Not a poor showing for such limited screen time.

Holy fucking shit. I thought SRW was a lighthearted action romp!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like it was Alpha 3, but then checking and seeing it was in Alpha 2, I take it was post-plot by that point and just there for the grand Alphinale?

Yes, it's post-script in Alpha 3, though it's far from just being there for the sake of it. They still have roles to play. Like Richter with the Voltes storyline, which takes until Alpha 3 itself to end. Which is something of a turnaround since Heinel played something of a support role to him in the Daimos storyline in Alpha 2.

Daimos certainly puts on a good showing in A. Even if the storyline was a bit broken for me due to my route picks scattering it over the two playthroughs. Although, owing to the tiny portraits of old, Richter and Heinel having the similar cases of "resting uncomfortably-constipated-face" meant I might've had moments where I confused the two. 

I mean, it's deliberate since they're both part of the same loose production trilogy, so Richter and Heinel are meant to be similar, hahaha.

I'd say, perhaps one of SRW's more unique takes for Daimos had to be Compact.

On my -purely hypothetical- "Anime I've Seen In SRW That I Would/Wouldn't Watch Tier List" Daimos gets placed in the "Would Watch -If I Can Find The Director's Cut Where Secretary Miwa Dies In The First Five Minutes" tier. So, not bad.😛

Ah, too bad on that front, hahaha. Only like, SRW MX lets Miwa die... but you can do it yourself at least.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SRW adapts pre-existing storylines, so it can't be avoided on that front.

Still, SRW is all about subverting the worst aspects of them. Some still need to happen for the sake of plot, but even then it's not all gloom and doom.

Like, as I once narrated in my SRW T playthrough, the colony drop from ZZ Gundam still happens... but instead of squashing a city and killing countless people as it happened in the anime, the colony is redirected and allowed to "softly" land, avoiding a catastrophe. In a different SRW game it might've been stopped altogether. However, the colony drop itself still happens since it feeds into the Rayearth storyline. So it's basically a case-by-case basis.

Wraith in shambles (or not??????)

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Do I dare ask what is Varis?

Anime forum.

20 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not really didn't enjoy Scotland enough and Monday is coming

Wait, were you in Scotland???? Did you visit Loch Ness?

I5stWBHj_o.png

Gehahahahahah... Aw yeah. Now that's a team if I ever saw one. Fauxnel's Angels. At least I imagine that's what he calls it.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW adapts pre-existing storylines, so it can't be avoided on that front.

Still, SRW is all about subverting the worst aspects of them. Some still need to happen for the sake of plot, but even then it's not all gloom and doom.

Like, as I once narrated in my SRW T playthrough, the colony drop from ZZ Gundam still happens... but instead of squashing a city and killing countless people as it happened in the anime, the colony is redirected and allowed to "softly" land, avoiding a catastrophe. In a different SRW game it might've been stopped altogether. However, the colony drop itself still happens since it feeds into the Rayearth storyline. So it's basically a case-by-case basis.

Right, I understand. Kind of like a "good timeline" sort of deal?

19 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Wait, were you in Scotland????

Yes, but only for a few hours instead of a day thanks to flight delays and stuff. Was barely able to see stuff in Edinburgh (didn't even have time to enter the castle), visit the street that will get me canceled by twitter, and eat some Fish & Chips and Fried Mars.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I would say it can be serious, and it can be "epic", though that doesn't mean it ends up being "dark". SRW is on "the brighter side of epic" overall I would say, from my limited experience with the franchise. 

It depends partly on the source material being adapted, and probably from SRW game to game based on the writers' moods for the day. Some of it is quite light and fluffy anime junk, on the other hand, Victory Gundam in SRW30 springs to mind. Poor underaged and pure Uso is subjected to trauma of a sexual kind, twice.😐 (Never watching that shit for sure.)...

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right, I understand. Kind of like a "good timeline" sort of deal?

(Continuing the above paragraph. Which I had typed right before you wrote this.) ...And yet, they did spare Uso's mother, whereas it was mentioned somewhere in this topic eons ago that he found her beheaded head in a helmet in the source anime. And in A Portable, Duke Fleed's lover Princess Rubina lives, while in the anime Grendizer she sacrificed herself her biography page says.

Sometimes, a character only lives and thus breaks canon if you fulfill special requirements to recruit them, like this guy.:

Overall, SRW likes things to end happier than they originally did it seems. So you're not wrong.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, it's post-script in Alpha 3, though it's far from just being there for the sake of it. They still have roles to play. Like Richter with the Voltes storyline, which takes until Alpha 3 itself to end. Which is something of a turnaround since Heinel played something of a support role to him in the Daimos storyline in Alpha 2.

I like the sound of this.😄

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, too bad on that front, hahaha. Only like, SRW MX lets Miwa die... but you can do it yourself at least.

Miwa was very effective in his arrogance, so wonderfully hateable. OG2's original replacement for him is utterly milquetoast by comparison (possibly b/e Lee and his pompous ass exists too). I order you executed if you disagree with this.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Poor underaged and pure Uso is subjected to trauma of a sexual kind, twice.😐 (Never watching that shit for sure.)...

Oh yeah, the Bikini Squad? In the anime he's not stopped, and actually kills them.

But well, what can you expect from "Kill 'em All" Tomino...

Sometimes, a character only lives and thus breaks canon if you fulfill special requirements to recruit them, like this guy.:

Overall, SRW likes things to end happier than they originally did it seems. So you're not wrong.

Granted, it also depends. Some live even by default, despite how canon-breaking it could be. Like Lalah from Gundam. AP she may be optional to recruit and can die, but she was already alive for farther than she was allowed in the anime. But in another game like Compact she lives by default. And some, like Master Asia there, only do so after it's all said and done. Like in AP, he joins way after G Gundam's plot has ended.

I like the sound of this.😄

This reminds me how the three of them (as Combattler V's Garuda was the first) never got to work together in SRW. Alpha 1 had Garuda and Heinel working together, but since Garuda never lives past that game, he misses out.

Which... just highlights that Garuda is the one most shafted of the three. Unlike Heinel or Richter, he has never been a secret character to unlock or something like that.

Miwa was very effective in his arrogance, so wonderfully hateable. OG2's original replacement for him is utterly milquetoast by comparison (possibly b/e Lee and his pompous ass exists too). I order you executed if you disagree with this.😛

Aye, that he is.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

visit the street that will get me canceled by twitter

Why would Scotland cancel you?

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fried Mars.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

plot twist: I AM Sooks' squid mom, who is just me from a parallel universe

One of the first things I saw on here after logging on.

Well, mom, wish me luck at science fair tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Something about Wizards

Please, we have a literal theme park about that here.

It is a pretty fun one tho ngl.

You'd think a team of literal goddesses and a demoness would have an easy time in a filler battle against three bats and a generic vampire.

Then again, I am tired. It is a proven fact I cannot tactics when I'm tired.

Emblem Veronica is probably the biggest indicator that Engage had been done for a while from what I hear. Cause her lines feel like her character from Book 1 to Book 5 but her design is from Book 6. Most likely for marketability, since they're actually selling a figure of that design.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

9uNx1pK.jpg

What fucking hell did this come from. It's like Wolf hell combines with Ninjas combined with Inevitable End.

But why?