Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG20230308224545.jpg?width=464&height=6

Rare Streetpass in 2023.

>The robber outside of Armagon's house about to add him on Mii plaza

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Funnily enough those are games that I almost suggested to @GuardianSing, but decided to get some sleep instead of gushing about them, and inevitably looking up their iconic (and spoiler heavy) trailer/openings. The Zone of the Enders is the game that most captured the feel of playing a Mecha anime, and while the Second Runner is objectively the best of the two, I have a soft spot for the original Zone of the Enders as well. It was another classic of the PS2 era, and was popular enough to see a few HD remakes over the years, and has a bit of a funny history thanks to the first game having a demo disc to the highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid 2 (another franchise I never got around to shilling to Guardian Sing now that I think about) bundled in with it.

Metal Gear Solid is one of those franchises I am definitely generally interested in.

Oh boy. If you are planning on actually using Porygon, I hope you are playing Leaf Green, as Fire Red forces you to max out your coins to afford the little guy, which is obnoxious. Also you might want to look up if there are secret slot mechanics in gen 3, as there certainly are some in Gen 1 (and like all things Gen 1, part of those mechanics don't quite work as intended...)

I've been considering it, Porygon is one of my favorite Pokemon conceptually after all.

I don't know how useful one would be but that could just be my bias against normal type ringing.

Now wait a minute, she was in the original anime, I can still remember the episode. Ash gets banned from the Gym by being a jackass to Eirika (before knowing she is the gym leader), which leads to Ash sneaking into the Gym by cross dressing, and gets the chance to challenge Eirka after the truth is revealed. The battle is interrupted by Team Rocket setting the Gym on fire, so Ash earns the badge by using his pokemon to help in fire fighting, instead of regular fighting, but Ash cheats his way into like half the badges anyway, so who cares.

Oh really? I was looking at the episode list and saw that they skipped her in favor of Sabrina so I just assumed she never appeared, it must be a later episode she appears in.

Also in case you're curious, yes I've been watching the Pokemon Indigo League anime alongside playing this game for true authenticity.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I am just now realizing that fails to take into account that these mafia members would 100% have guns. And guns do exist in pokemon, so uh... Yeah. Some pokemon could probably tank bullets. Others? Not so much.

Maybe Kanto just has unbelievably strict gunlaws and criminal record background checks.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

His name is not Luigi.

Who?

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me and my friends made this last night

image.png

Averaging out our opinions (or defaulting when only one of has been).

I've been to at least 12 of these and only 3 of those were in the past 5 years.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh really? I was looking at the episode list and saw that they skipped her in favor of Sabrina so I just assumed she never appeared, it must be a later episode she appears in.

Also in case you're curious, yes I've been watching the Pokemon Indigo League anime alongside playing this game for true authenticity.

Ah, that explains it.

Yeah, the anime takes a few liberties on those aspects, as it were. Moving Sabrina to being the fourth GYM leader to be fought is one of them.

Not that far, actually. There's only like, two episodes between Sabrina and Erika.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Maybe Kanto just has unbelievably strict gunlaws and criminal record background checks.

R.d08861f71ef5f1e5d52c1d1f9a5b531b?rik=h

So while i was cleaning out my room, i found these for some reason

IMG202303092135541.jpg?width=825&height=

Mexican Pesos.

@Acacia Sgt what could i get with this?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, while it won't be impossible to get hyped for NRF6 when they show footage of it, having to factor in the "international time tax" will deflate the balloon of exuberance after the immediate reveal moment.

Yeah it's like "cool" and then i get to watch as we get a release window while Japan gets a definitive date.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

But Chipotle is in A-tier

Never been but if i go and i find that it's just white people food, I will give my friends a stern talking to.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

>The robber outside of Armagon's house about to add him on Mii plaza

Haha.

I actually had taken it with me to uni cause i wanted to play Oracle of Ages while on the shuttle. Then i went out with some friends after i hit the gym after class.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Home sweet home!

Not really didn't enjoy Scotland enough and Monday is coming

What did i miss?

Not like I am too up to date about Loverslab. Been a while since I tried running this stuff.
So many requirements to get it all running. Not to mention you are trying to add those complicated systems to a game that is already hilariously unstable.

Plus, it's freaking Skyrim. Just like Oblivion, you fight the same level-scaled crap and find the same level-scaled loot around every corner. You absolutely need additional mods just to turn this shell of a game into a proper RPG.
Back in the day I tried using Requiem for that. Not exactly a lightweight mod. So it no doubt didn't exactly help making things more stable.

Edited by BrightBow

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So while i was cleaning out my room, i found these for some reason

IMG202303092135541.jpg?width=825&height=

Mexican Pesos.

@Acacia Sgt what could i get with this?

Well, not counting the Colombian bill, heh, that's 120 MXN.

Maybe a small pizza, heh. Although, hmm, I wonder... they look quite old. Maybe they may be worth more their printed values, as a collector's item. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, not counting the Colombian bill

Oh whoops. Didn't realize it was Colombian in the middle haha.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe they may be worth more their printed values, as a collector's item. Who knows.

Yeah i kinda wondered if these may have been out of circulation for a while or something.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh whoops. Didn't realize it was Colombian in the middle haha.

Yeah i kinda wondered if these may have been out of circulation for a while or something.

Would be worth checking their date. Still, since they're already Nuevos Pesos, they're not older than 1992. Still, those definitely are long out of circulation for the most part, from what I see.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would be worth checking their date. Still, since they're already Nuevos Pesos, they're not older than 1992. Still, those definitely are long out of circulation for the most part, from what I see.

This is what's on the other side

IMG202303092205341.jpg?width=825&height=

TIL it's from David Bowie.

---

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is what's on the other side

IMG202303092205341.jpg?width=825&height=

Well, it's hard to see the dates there, heh. But yeah, those were certainly among the oldest versions of the bills. Well, maybe not for the 20 MXN one, but still fairly old.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it's hard to see the dates there, heh. But yeah, those were certainly among the oldest versions of the bills. Well, maybe not for the 20 MXN one, but still fairly old.

Found the dates. The 100 MXN one is from 2007, as is the 1000 Colombian Peso. The 20 MXN one is actually older, was printed in 2001.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230309_141334.jpg

What a nice shot of a castle.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

image.png

Averaging out our opinions (or defaulting when only one of has been).

McDonalds is such a strange outlier, and you really should have added a G tier for Taco Bell.

6 hours ago, ping said:

I still don't think "censored" is a good word here because this is capitalism, not government in action, but I guess it's the word everybody is using 😕

Yeah, I am with you on that one.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

If I'm right, someone accurately translated the Japanese script, the mods refused to greenlight certain aspects of it, so someone reposted it elsewhere or something.

Put "Accurately" in quotation marks. They wanted to put their translation patch, with all the errors, and the artistic decisions they preferred in place, which they then lie to rubes about being "accurate" to get them to do stupid things out of anger. Translation is more of an art, as accurate translation are universally incomprehensible due to the incompatible differences in how such diverse languages as English and Japanese are.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Metal Gear Solid is one of those franchises I am definitely generally interested in.

I guess I can give a little commentary on each of them...except the PSP games, which I haven't gotten around to playing.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes: This is the Game Cube remake of Metal Gear Solid 1, and is in my opinion the better version, as the PS1 era was not friendly to 3d games like this, and it includes some gameplay improvements as well. A classic for the stealth espionage genre, and well worth playing, but I should probably warn you that one of the bosses is an Inuit code named Vulcan Raven, and while the name isn't as cringe given it is following the same naming scheme as his compatriots like Revolver Ocelot, and Sniper Wolf, etc. they do also claim he has shamanistic powers, but this is also a game with the psychic powered Psycho Mantis as another boss fight, so your mileage may vary with how you find that.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty: The subtitle is the original version, as you may well be playing the HD remake, or the improved Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance release. I have a hard time talking this one up, as I am torn about it. Originally I felt it was the weakest game in the series overall, but from a story perspective it is the one I most want to replay, as it was uncomfortably prescient about things that have been growing in relevance, from deep fake AI misinformation, to the mass collection of data to manipulate the populous through algorithmic spreading of memes (although they meant meme in the academic sense back then). Its story was nonsensically ahead of its time for 2001, but I want to replay it to see how much more relevant it has become. It is also a sequel to MGS1, so it should probably come after playing that one.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: Again the subtitle is the original, as you may well be playing the HD remake, or the improved Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence release. My favorite of the series, and not a bad place to start, as it basically starts a prequel story-line that the PSP games, and MGS 5 continues. I love this game, gets my full recommendation for it.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: This game was made to be the last in the series, and does a good job of that. Ties up loose ends, kills off long running characters, and has a final fight that is a beautiful homage, and farewell to the entire series. MGS 5 gets away with coming out after it thanks to it being a part of the prequel storyline. Also gets a bit of a bad rap for how reliant it is on tying up those loose ends with nano machines.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain: This game is tragic, as it has the best gameplay in the series, but the story is jarringly cuts off before it should end. The last quarter, to third of this games story is so blatantly absent that it hurts. Admittedly it is also the game's story is also weakened by its over reliance on optional to listen too audio logs. Also has the weakest boss fights in the series despite the overall quality of the gameplay. You should also know coming in that Code Talker and Quiet are Najavo, and while it is interesting to hear Najavo spoken, it does also lead to discussions some of the atrocities that were done to the Najavo people by the USA. Also gets a bad rap for tying up random loose ends with parasites unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I don't know how useful one would be but that could just be my bias against normal type ringing.

Unfortunately Fire Red/Leaf Green don't allow him to evolve before post game (and you need to be able to trade for that evolution anyway), so its stats will not be great, and like most Normal types they have access to an interesting diversity of TM moves.

Castti 2 Winterbloom is… interesting. Her Sai route was definitely better, but I feel like that’s just a result of the directions they went in. They both give you different pieces of the puzzle, and Sai’s is inherently intriguing and related to what you’ve already learned, while Winterbloom’s… is pretty out there. It kind of felt like a filler chapter, until you realize that every memory is going to help somehow, even if it’s not obvious how. But the pieces of evidence from these chapters do have a slight connection, so there is a bit of intrigue to have with what you get from Winterbloom. The problem is, if they wanted to go the subtle route with Winterbloom’s evidence for the mystery… they weren’t subtle. The focus is placed way too much on one specific character, and considering other information you have, it feels kind of obvious what they’re gonna do. Man should’ve been a background character in something more compelling, but hey, last time I said they were being super heavy handed and obvious, I ended up being at least 40% wrong, so maybe I am here too.

But hey, we’re finally going to the mystery place in Castti’s next chapter! And it’s seeming like there’s a 50% chance Castti learns something substantial, shit’s getting real. This could be the chapter that makes or breaks the story. The mystery has been developed pretty well, but what ultimately happened will definitely be important.

I will say tho, the way Castti’s chapter 2 ends is pretty funny.

Spoiler

Since Malaya just strolls up to her after she leaves Winterbloom, and presumably does the same thing if you did Sai 2nd. So she just parked herself in one of the two towns she thought Castti would go to and hope she picked that one second so she can come be mysterious and advance the plot.

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Omori spoilers*

Hide contents

... I laughed...

... ... ... uh huh...

That was the last thing I expected to see today.

That's brilliant.

Spoiler

gEt rEAdY To CAtcH hER

Fwak

Also, intern eht is my new favorite way to pronounce internet.

How is the 10th of March the first day of the winter that I have to dust of the snow shovel? And it's still snowing heavily -.-

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i am looking forward to playing the DLC later today 😄 

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What a nice shot of a castle.

Wanted to go in, but flight home was in a couple hours...

Next time. Definetly going to Scotland again and more than a day next 😄 

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and you really should have added a G tier for Taco Bell.

I would've but it was the three of us and unfortunately one of my friends thinks Taco Bell is just passable.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i am looking forward to playing the DLC later today 😄 

Amsterdam Drift kinda mid but the rest are great. Singapore Speedway is a visual treat.

And of course, Yoshi's Island is like one of the best tracks in the series period.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And of course, Yoshi's Island is like one of the best tracks in the series period.

Only natural, it's made after one of the best games ever made ^_^

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Only natural, it's made after one of the best games ever made ^_^

There's Yoshi's Island SFX, the Yoshi Coins, Poochy cheers you on at the start of each lap. The cool shortcut you can take if you hit the question mark.

You'll get a kick out of this one.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's Yoshi's Island SFX, the Yoshi Coins, Poochy cheers you on at the start of each lap. The cool shortcut you can take if you hit the question mark.

You'll get a kick out of this one.

oh man 😄

I really hope i get it on rotation today XD

It's tempting to just go and listen to the ost on youtube, but i am waiting until i experience it in game first

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

really hope i get it on rotation today XD

It's gonna be on there and everyone is gonna pick it but then that one guy is gonna pick some shit like GBA Mario Circuit and that's what the wheel lands on.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's gonna be on there and everyone is gonna pick it but then that one guy is gonna pick some shit like GBA Mario Circuit and that's what the wheel lands on.

Always sucks when this happens