Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Yeah... The trek there is arguably one of the games lowest points.

That 2nd boss battle about gave me one of the worst fits of all time. I think it literally took me like a hour šŸ˜³

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Over there? Our generation won't get to retire, period. The entire world is seeing a rapid increase in the age of retirement. If everything remains steady, we'll die working.

Ā 

Already resigned my self to that. A bad marriage wound up robbing me of what mighta been a huge chunk of retirement savings šŸ¤¬

Ā 

4 hours ago, Tanjiro said:

nice lol. Hopefully you can beat him soon

Cool, that sounds fun. Are Castlevania games hard?Ā 

Some of em can make ya work a lil bit, like the NES original or Draculaā€™s Curse. Stage 9 of CV 3 without Alucard is one Godawful pain

Circle of the Moon is probably the toughest of the GBA ones Iā€™ve played but not too bad compared to the earlier ones

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I got my first (technically second but whatever) secret job in Octopath 2. Gameā€™s over, Iā€™ll say that much. Itā€™s weird since they had taken so much care to adjust so many skills so that you couldnā€™t do the thing this class lets you doā€¦ and then they got to it and they were just like ā€œmeh, go crazyā€. That thing being

Spoiler

Giving the entire party the ability to 100% dodge 1-4 physical attacks.

It also looks incredibly coolā€¦ and completely ridiculous on everyone at the same time, there is no one this outfit works for. Like it looks badass but then when you have Paritio going ā€œyeehaw!ā€ itā€™s hilarious. I ended up spending hours just exploring so I guess Iā€™m doing Hikari 5 tomorrow.

Edited by Sooks

When you're playing on Hard and you realized you can't make make bosses easier after retrying

jiuhfwsb19s31.jpg?auto=webp&s=93f40a3df3b567400baee99fb8c6515856b83d1b

It'll probably get easier later when I have more options available, but Chrono Down is my only friend...

I realized I'm pretty bad at determining Trails family relations.

Spoiler

I figured Sigmund was Randy's uncle (since the War God is dead, as has been established in Cold Steel), but I assumed Shirley was Randy's sister rather than his cousin. Previously I also assumed that Mariabell and Shizuku were sisters to Dieter and Arios rather than their daughters, so maybe I'm just bad at judging age. I wonder why Lechter is helping the Orlandos, and if it somehow factors into Osborne's plans.

As an aside, one of Fie's bonding events in CSII had her talk about meeting another jaeger around her age. At the time I was wondering if she was talking about someone who would appear at some point, but now I know she was probably referring to Shirley. Isn't continuity fun?

The West Zemurian Trade Conference will probably start next chapter (unless there's a whole other chapter in the middle of August), which means many interesting things are about to happen in Crossbell. And most importantly, it also means the return of Kloe.

Lastly the Phantasmal Blaze plan has formally begun, this is where the fun begins. Novartis and the Steel Maiden are in charge of it, the Grandmaster sure is keeping half of the Anguis busy.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hey guys, you know what'd be an amazing invention? A camera that doesn't lose focus if you dare to zoom in even a little bit.

Like i'm renting a lumix parasonic from uni for an assignment and part of that requires a zoom in shot. Well i'm zooming in but if i zoom in even a little bit, it looks like a 1989 Blackberry recording of a supposed UFO sighting.

On the bright side, this means you could be a maker of fake Super Smash Bros. leaks. Everyone knows the blurrier ones are more authentic.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

That 2nd boss battle about gave me one of the worst fits of all time. I think it literally took me like a hour

The spinning rock... Thing? Where you toss bombs in its head and stop it on red?

Got back to Trails 3rd.

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Kevin, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Yep, definitely not Kansas anymore.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Town I Keep Walking In Circles Because the Damn Camera Angles Ruin My Sense Of Direction

...the 3rd

Cue the music.

Damn.

How cute.

Have half a mind to save every one of these just because.

Ayyyy it's...that guy. Who I should remember better than I do but it's been almost two years since I played SC. Olivier's buddy.

Lol. L'mao even.

Can finally (finally I say as if I've been playing for much longer than about 5 hours) go back and nab that sun door.

Open saysme.

And that got heavy very fast.

Had a lot of fun w/ this one.

And that's about it for how far I've gotten. I assume I'll probs be able to finish this chapter next time I play, or get close to it if the first chapter's length is any indicator.

Ā 

Ā 

The OoA Hero's Cave isn't too difficult on the puzzles, what is bothersome other details of it. First, the color block lava room- having to redo the entire puzzle if you ever fall into the lava b/c the entrance is a teleporter isĀ šŸ˜‘. Also problematic- the next room, the bushes behind the Gasha Seed chest don't give bombs, and you can burn through a bunch of them trying to bomb the block you have to precisely time to destroy, else either the bomb explodes midair or goes into the water. Also bad- if you mess up on any of the three consecutive "u-turn" jumps, you have to redo the bombing b/c you can't Switch Hook back into where you should be b/c you already moved the Switch Hook diamond, so you have to leave the room and reset it.šŸ˜‘

Snowhead Ruins is certainly a Zelda dungeon of all time.

For what it's worth, Blizzeta was the first boss in this game that actually put up a fight. Mainly because I had to deal with cringe ice physics.

Just now, Armagon said:

Snowhead Ruins is certainly a Zelda dungeon of all time.

For what it's worth, Blizzeta was the first boss in this game that actually put up a fight. Mainly because I had to deal with cringe ice physics.

The dungeon is beautiful from what I remember, Linkigi's Mansion was a neat idea. And the Ball and Chain is an unusually hefty tool for Link's arsenal.Ā 

I otherwise forget the experience though. Other than those ice soldiers and the complete lack of Hearts to heal up with (although, IIRC, TP is criticized for enemies doing a pittance of damage).

TFW I just found out I had two assignments due a week ago and didn't realize cause spring break started a week ago. I just assumed that module was for after spring break.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Other than those ice soldiers

Incredibly annoying if you didn't unlock Helm Splitter.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the complete lack of Hearts to heal up with

....huh. Now that I think about it, you're right.

Though that could be because there was soup instead.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TFW I just found out I had two assignments due a week ago and didn't realize cause spring break started a week ago. I just assumed that module was for after spring break.

Just say you were Isekai'd to Labrynna.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just say you were Isekai'd to Labrynna.

"Professor I was too busy being sent back 500 years into the past".

Silver lining, she hasn't graded anything from the last four weeks. And a lot of professors are like "yeah if you do it before I grade it, it's fine".

Ah, not quite looking forward to see tomorrow how much work got backlogged due to the three-day weekend, heh.

Well, it's fine.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

CHRIST ON A BIKE, THE MEXICO/JAPAN GAME WAS KINO

My mom in shambles... XD

Someone out there:

Ā 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Today is going to be one of the funniest days ever in American history.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My mom in shambles... XD

Meanwhile my mom during the US/Venezuela game: "I'm rooting for the team that wins"

Grandma: "oh no, you're rooting for Venezuela"

Mom: "mom I lives in the US more years than i lived in Venezuela"

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

What's happening in the Land of the Burger?

Reports were that Donald Trump is to be arrested today. Yesterday the NYPD was already setting up barricades around the department of criminal cases or whatever in Manhattan.Ā 

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

What's happening in the Land of the Burger?

The ex-prez says he'll be arrested and indicted on the *orn star hush money allegations. Calls for protests when he is.

Maybe he'll be indicted today, maybe not. The case itself I've seen analysts say is one of the more difficult ones to prove, so don't expect much from it. The prior Manhattan Ā District Attorney chose not to pursue this case for that reason, the new one bringing it up might be b/c it'd be political "blue meat".

He has other cases against him in other states for other alleged crimes, so it's possible one of those might stick instead. Or maybe nothing will. I don't exactly approve of charging if it doesn't end in a guilty verdict, takes some of the wind out of the sails of the side of justice if it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe he'll be indicted today, maybe not. The case itself I've seen analysts say is one of the more difficult ones to prove, so don't expect much from it. The prior Manhattan Ā District Attorney chose not to pursue this case for that reason, the new one bringing it up might be b/c it'd be political "blue meat".

Iirc the Manhattan District is looking into his (and his company's) tax crimes instead.

Well, on the plus side, signs aren't looking high there will be another January Six style mob, apparently.

He had already called for people to protest, but it seems another big crowd is not assembling.

Edited by Acacia Sgt