• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

hmm... for reason(s) i dont want to disclose i think i might stop visiting this thread or even SF forum as a whole, for unknown amount of time.

so that being said, i want to apologize for any mistake or maybe some bad words, disagreement, insult, or its equivalent, be it intentional or not from my part. likewise, if theres any bad blood mistake from others i either already forgot it, or forgive them.

its been fun, talking with fellow fans of same genre and franchise. i also got some game recommendation that i dont regret playing here. Oh, speaking of recommendations, i still recommend people to try Astlibra:Revision, more than a quarter of total player managed to reach the True End boss, so thats saying something. (people get bored fast nowadays afterall)

But even good things must come to an end sometime.

so see you guys, if, ever again.

Spoiler

if people dont read all this, thats fine too, really.

maybe if i do come back again, then thats a sign the website will undergo long maintenance and major changes, like last time

gib8mvpx3tra1.jpg

Ippei at it again

21 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm... for reason(s) i dont want to disclose i think i might stop visiting this thread or even SF forum as a whole, for unknown amount of time.

Well then, take care of yourself, friend, and don't be a stranger!

31 minutes ago, joevar said:

so that being said, i want to apologize for any mistake or maybe some bad words, disagreement, insult, or its equivalent, be it intentional or not from my part. likewise, if theres any bad blood mistake from others i either already forgot it, or forgive them.

its been fun, talking with fellow fans of same genre and franchise. i also got some game recommendation that i dont regret playing here. Oh, speaking of recommendations, i still recommend people to try Astlibra:Revision, more than a quarter of total player managed to reach the True End boss, so thats saying something. (people get bored fast nowadays afterall)

Hide contents

maybe if i do come back again, then thats a sign the website will undergo long maintenance and major changes, like last time

Fare thee well in whatever lies beyond this fine forum, and be not a stranger should you ever grace this place again, knowing no ill will lingers here.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

I'm praying for good things to come your way in the future!

We all feel the same! Please do not feel alone in this!

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Please Ruben, stop being in denial. The DLC has already killed off Eve and most likely all the retainers. One map is most likely the Solmic palace in ruins. She be dead.

I mean, yes, but nothing's stopping them from pulling a Jeritza.

...Then again, if they do, she's likely to be separate from the DLC, making me even less inclined to buy it since more characters would mean less room for Seforia. So...

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

20230403_183736.jpg

Etie strong

She's beautiful.

Sit down. Let's talk about that iFunny watermark.

What? I just Googled "Fire Emblem Sommie", found a meme I thought was risible enough and posted it.

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>ifunny

...oh God, what did I do?

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, it just hit me.

Short of fighting the royals again during Xenologue 6, due to having to fight all seven Emblems, I wonder if instead we might fight...

Hide contents

Corrupted versions of the Monarchs.

Nah, they'd have to remember they exist lol

It's so funny how Zelda 1 actually isn't a certified walkthrough game.

I mean, look up the map. But from there it's just fuck around and find out.

Do you know if the Zelda 1 manual included the map? In these ancient games often it seems like they lack some critical piece, only to realize that it came with the manual.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And done, uploaded to the usual sites!

I did added a few more to it, if you wish to check it out even if you read the one-shot already. Though it wasn't a whole lot.

I will see.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though sorry Ruben, not more Vander or Sommie.

N O

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

efZQFaS.png
Jo Engage Adaptation lookin fine

Okay, but why is there an elf? Elves didn't exist in this game, last I checked.

2 hours ago, joevar said:

Hide contents

I'm probably too late, but if you read this, I hope life treats you well going forward! Do swing by if you ever find yourself coming back.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

E0iHluy.gif

I never did talk about it, but I found it hilarious that Alear's fist critical is just a hadouken lol

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, for being the first game in the series, i am surprised at how much of it isn't a certified walkthrough game like some of the early later entries in the series. Step 1: look up a map. Step 2: play. It's just that simple, the most convoluted thing in the game is finding the meat for the moblin in Level 7 that for some reason you simply cannot kill. The rest is you simply do stuff. You simply fuck around and find out. I like that and this is the exact same type of gameplay philosophy that formed the foundation for Breath of the Wild.

Quest 2 when? I would like to know how you handle the jinx enemies that have their effect last perma until you get hit by an unjinx enemy! Xd

"To be Spider-Man, you have to have a sacrifice"

"Nah fuck that"

It's peak.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

don't have NSO, but boy this is nostalgic to me. -Without the ability to transfer 'mons from RBY it will be lacking

I wonder if/when Gen 1 gets put on the GB NSO they'll somehow work in an ability.

Curse those Darknuts might I add

Darknuts and Wizzrobes are incredibly annoying in this game. Even with sword beams, taking out the former is a pain in the ass and taking out the latter is a pain in the ass because the blue ones can just rapid fire you and teleport at will.

The Blue/Red Candle being able to burn little trees to reveal a few staircases might find a slight spiritual successor in the Ember Seeds too.

What actually is the difference between the Blue and Red Candles? You need the latter to enter Level 8 (LoZ1 is mostly non-linear but there's still some caveats like you need the raft from Level 3 to enter Level 4. I suppose that makes BotW the first Zelda game where you truly can do any dungeon in any order).

3 hours ago, joevar said:

Take care of yourself man.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do you know if the Zelda 1 manual included the map? In these ancient games often it seems like they lack some critical piece, only to realize that it came with the manual.

I know the Nintendo Power magazine did but I'm not sure if it was in the manual itself.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm sorry to get on your case right away but I think it's Yakuza time

I would love to but my laptop is a little MIA atm.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Wherever you are, wherever we go, I wish you well!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I know the Nintendo Power magazine did but I'm not sure if it was in the manual itself.

Checking the Internet Archive, neither the Famicom nor English NES versions did. A portion of "early" area is all they cover.

https://archive.org/details/LegendOfZeldaTheNESHiResScans/Legend of Zelda%2C The - Manual (Clearscan)/

https://archive.org/details/legend-of-zelda-famicom-disk-system-manual-only/Zelda FDS Manual (J OCR)/

Also checking the Internet Archive...

The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Collector's%

Now this is the one I was talking about!

The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Collector's%20Edition%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0009.jp2&id=TheLegendOfZeldaCollectorsEditionOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Collector's%20Edition%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0010.jp2&id=TheLegendOfZeldaCollectorsEditionOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0

And not only that, but this!

zelda_guide_lttp_nintendo_power_us_0000.

This is why I never found ALttP cryptic.😄 -Although now I see that it oddly isn't actually that detailed when it comes to the dungeons, besides having the maps and the bosses in the back.

Lastly...

Nintendo%20Power%20-%20The%20Legend%20of

Nintendo%20Power%20-%20The%20Legend%20ofNintendo%20Power%20-%20The%20Legend%20of

😊

I'm downloading this s*** before Nintendo has a passing thought of taking it down.

Nintendo_Players_Guide_N64_Legend_of_ZelThe Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask Nintendo Power Official Strategy Guide_0000.jp2&id=TheLegendOfZeldaMajorasMaskNintendoPowerOfficialStrategyGuide&scale=4&rotate=0The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Four_Swords_Adventures_-_Official_Nintendo_Players_Guide_0113.jp2&id=thelegendofzeldafourswordsadventuresofficialnintendoplayersguide&scale=8&rotate=0The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20The%20Wind%20Waker%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0000.jp2&id=the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-nintendo-players-guide&scale=2&rotate=0The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Twilight%20Princess%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0000.jp2&id=the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-nintendo-s-player-guide&scale=8&rotate=0

And these too! My memories minemineminemine! 😁

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Oh, how unfortunate. Hopefully you can come back soon!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yes, but nothing's stopping them from pulling a Jeritza.

...Then again, if they do, she's likely to be separate from the DLC, making me even less inclined to buy it since more characters would mean less room for Seforia. So...

Oh, you meant main game Seforia. Yeah, also feels quite unlikely.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, they'd have to remember they exist lol

They did remember to kill some of them... again.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you meant main game Seforia. Yeah, also feels quite unlikely.

Absolutely, but a man can dream. I have one more day to dream of Fates capture and playable Seforia.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

They did remember to kill some of them... again.

Okay, okay. Dream time:

Spoiler

Since in the good timeline Éve and Seforia lived and were good while Morion and Hyacinth died and were bad (arguably, the game kinda forgets Morion's supposed to be a warmonger after his introduction), in the evil timeline Éve and Seforia die and were bad while Morion and Hyacinth live and are good.

I will take playable Hyacinth. He's not even half the meme that Garon was, but any 90 year old farts that think it's a good idea to brawl an armored, armed mountain of a man with their bare fists is all right in my book!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Absolutely, but a man can dream. I have one more day to dream of Fates capture and playable Seforia.

Okay, okay. Dream time:

Hide contents

Since in the good timeline Éve and Seforia lived and were good while Morion and Hyacinth died and were bad (arguably, the game kinda forgets Morion's supposed to be a warmonger after his introduction), in the evil timeline Éve and Seforia die and were bad while Morion and Hyacinth live and are good.

I will take playable Hyacinth. He's not even half the meme that Garon was, but any 90 year old farts that think it's a good idea to brawl an armored, armed mountain of a man with their bare fists is all right in my book!

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure they confirmed Alt Hyacinth has also died.

I don't think they forgot. It's just that Morion has too little screentime. Also, that he's not just as narrow-minded about it. In that he can be at peace with some countries (Firene) while attacking others (Elusia).

Okay, I decided. I will write next that other Engage idea. But perhaps after I've played through the Xenologues. Too bad my free day won't be until Friday, but at least I have time to play a chapter or even two after work tomorrow and Thursday.

While going on a nostalgia trip on the Internet Archive...

Spoiler

Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0027.jp2&id=SuperSmashBros.MeleeOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0028.jp2&id=SuperSmashBros.MeleeOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official

Cute that they gave all the non-Special attacks unofficial names. Although what the heck does "usage" mean? 

The Break the Targets guide was quite useful, that I do remember.

Fire%20Emblem%20GBA%20(Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide)_0101.jp2&id=FireEmblemGBANintendoPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0

Fire%20Emblem%20The%20Sacred%20Stones%20Fire%20Emblem%20The%20Sacred%20Stones%20

Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0085.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0086.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0087.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0088.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0

My reliable books of tactical wisdom through Fire Emblem as a fledgling. 

I wonder how bad some of the advice actually was now that I'm much smarter at FE.

Super%20Mario%20Sunshine%20Nintendo%20PlSuper%20Mario%20Sunshine%20Nintendo%20Pl

There's nothing like a little Sunshine.

(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%

(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%20Yellow%20-%20Special%20Pikachu%20Edition_0097.jp2&id=NintendoPower1998PokemonYellowSpecialPikachuEdition&scale=8&rotate=0(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%20Yellow%20-%20Special%20Pikachu%20Edition_0098.jp2&id=NintendoPower1998PokemonYellowSpecialPikachuEdition&scale=8&rotate=0

(Nintendo%20Power%202000)%20-%20Pokemon%(Nintendo%20Power%202000)%20-%20Pokemon%

Pokemon goodness. The Emerald's player's guide online requires an Internet Archive account, oddly.

Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0005.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0006.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0024.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0035.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0

Bright, beautiful, and informative. What more could I have wanted?

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

This ain't a Nintendo Power Official Nintendo Player's Guide, but boy did I love this. And I still have it physically.😄

Baten Kaitos Bradygames Strategy%2Baten Kaitos Bradygames Strategy%2

Cards! Cards! Cards! 

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

The aging, and the combos. Everything was here.😄

And from Namco's more famed JRPG of the GameCube which I equally adored back then.:

Tales%20of%20Symphonia%20Bradygames%20Strategy%20Guide_0023.jp2&id=tales-of-symphonia-bradygames-strategy-guide_202107&scale=4&rotate=0Tales%20of%20Symphonia%20Bradygames%20Strategy%20Guide_0024.jp2&id=tales-of-symphonia-bradygames-strategy-guide_202107&scale=4&rotate=0

Did these two pages tell me anything useful about Tales of Symphonia? No. But boy did I spend a lot of time looking at them far out of portion to their utility.😆

I was a child -if in like the 7th grade by the time I was in love with ToS- and children like picture books. I marveled at this lovely collection of official art. It was as much the worthless art as it was the guiding words that made me so fond of these now-antiquated guidebooks.

I think I need to come up for air now. Too much of a deep dive into nostalgia.😅

As unnecessary as they are now that the Internet has achieved total global saturation, I am delighted to see someone has preserved these ancient unimportant documents.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, joevar said:

It was nice having you around! Hope you'll be well off the internet.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would love to but my laptop is a little MIA atm.

Silly Sooks, can't you simply channel the game into existence with your mind? Kids these days...

IMG20230404114426.jpg

Ducks in the store today.

5 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

One you can use once per screen and the other has no limit.

So....you don't actually need the red candle to enter Level 8?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

checking the Internet Archive...

Now this is the one I was talking about

"Cover all four Classic Zelda titles"

Link's Awakening: *Thanos vanish.gif*

And yes, I know it's referring to the ones specifically on the disc.