Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While going on a nostalgia trip on the Internet Archive...

Hide contents

Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0027.jp2&id=SuperSmashBros.MeleeOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0028.jp2&id=SuperSmashBros.MeleeOfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee%20Official

Cute that they gave all the non-Special attacks unofficial names. Although what the heck does "usage" mean? 

The Break the Targets guide was quite useful, that I do remember.

Fire%20Emblem%20GBA%20(Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide)_0101.jp2&id=FireEmblemGBANintendoPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0

Fire%20Emblem%20The%20Sacred%20Stones%20Fire%20Emblem%20The%20Sacred%20Stones%20

Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0085.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0086.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0087.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0Fire%20Emblem%20Path%20of%20Radiance%20Player's%20Guide%20_0088.jp2&id=fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-players-guide&scale=8&rotate=0

My reliable books of tactical wisdom through Fire Emblem as a fledgling. 

I wonder how bad some of the advice actually was now that I'm much smarter at FE.

Super%20Mario%20Sunshine%20Nintendo%20PlSuper%20Mario%20Sunshine%20Nintendo%20Pl

There's nothing like a little Sunshine.

(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%

(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%20Yellow%20-%20Special%20Pikachu%20Edition_0097.jp2&id=NintendoPower1998PokemonYellowSpecialPikachuEdition&scale=8&rotate=0(Nintendo%20Power%201998)%20-%20Pokemon%20Yellow%20-%20Special%20Pikachu%20Edition_0098.jp2&id=NintendoPower1998PokemonYellowSpecialPikachuEdition&scale=8&rotate=0

(Nintendo%20Power%202000)%20-%20Pokemon%(Nintendo%20Power%202000)%20-%20Pokemon%

Pokemon goodness. The Emerald's player's guide online requires an Internet Archive account, oddly.

Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0005.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0006.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0024.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0Paper%20Mario%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20Nintendo%20Player's%20Guide_0035.jp2&id=papermariothethousandyeardoorplayersguide_201909&scale=4&rotate=0

Bright, beautiful, and informative. What more could I have wanted?

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

This ain't a Nintendo Power Official Nintendo Player's Guide, but boy did I love this. And I still have it physically.😄

Baten Kaitos Bradygames Strategy%2Baten Kaitos Bradygames Strategy%2

Cards! Cards! Cards! 

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

The aging, and the combos. Everything was here.😄

And from Namco's more famed JRPG of the GameCube which I equally adored back then.:

Tales%20of%20Symphonia%20Bradygames%20Strategy%20Guide_0023.jp2&id=tales-of-symphonia-bradygames-strategy-guide_202107&scale=4&rotate=0Tales%20of%20Symphonia%20Bradygames%20Strategy%20Guide_0024.jp2&id=tales-of-symphonia-bradygames-strategy-guide_202107&scale=4&rotate=0

Did these two pages tell me anything useful about Tales of Symphonia? No. But boy did I spend a lot of time looking at them far out of portion to their utility.😆

I was a child -if in like the 7th grade by the time I was in love with ToS- and children like picture books. I marveled at this lovely collection of official art. It was as much the worthless art as it was the guiding words that made me so fond of these now-antiquated guidebooks.

I think I need to come up for air now. Too much of a deep dive into nostalgia.😅

As unnecessary as they are now that the Internet has achieved total global saturation, I am delighted to see someone has preserved these ancient unimportant documents.

5H3qKuqg_o.png

Strategy guides are so cute. I was born too late for them, not to mention my weird pirate's childhood meant I often looked for advice directly online even as a wee lad, but they are certainly a cool relic of a time when flair was valued as much as utility.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

"Father?" "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you"
"Mother,
I want to...
awefjhiawefsdjöasefjlökaweh"

Hm.

SRW-J1.png

I'll figure out why this screenshot is so small later, I haven't emulated GBA before.

Time to get to start up yet another war of the super robots. ...But not right this second.😐

Admittedly, my burning craving for J declined yesterday. However, so too did my depression lamenting the finitude of existence rise. SRW has proven to be mother’s milk to me before or daddy’s milk to be dirty about it, maybe its pure lactose sugary goodness is in order. Although, since the holy cow is still mostly in Japanese, maybe I shouldn’t resort to sucking from it until until the darkness consumes me more and I am in greater need of its light. I am feeling better today, but that might because I'm posting away on SF, a source of uplift for me perhaps its an addiction. And I've noticed fluctuating between joy and futility & dread in a single day is very possible for me, so maybe two hours from now I'll be gloomy again? Although the weather is real nice outside right now, so nice the carpenter bees have emerged for the first time this year 🐝, one of which momentarily brushed against my head.😱 I should read instead, it'll feel more "meaningful" as fictitious as an idea that is. Since it'll be night by the time I'm done reading, I'll start J tomorrow morning, nice and fresh. Hesitating for too long isn’t good for me though, not playing anything and being indecisive about playing anything at all is likely to worsen my state of mind.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Cover all four Classic Zelda titles"

Link's Awakening: *Thanos vanish.gif*

And yes, I know it's referring to the ones specifically on the disc.

Why the Collector's Edition left out ALttP the bigger absence on my mind. Couldn't they have squeezed it in next to the Wind Waker demo?

They did make a player's guide for LA.:

Nintendo_Players_Guide_GB_Legend_of_Zeld

But I didn't have it in the antediluvian era in which I was raised. A shame, I would've loved it had it been there.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5H3qKuqg_o.png

Strategy guides are so cute. I was born too late for them, not to mention my weird pirate's childhood meant I often looked for advice directly online even as a wee lad, but they are certainly a cool relic of a time when flair was valued as much as utility.

Flair? Read the header of this.:

Fire%20Emblem%20GBA%20(Nintendo%20Player

The "flair" hurts. Maybe it didn't to younger me, but damn that is... indescribably melodramatically edgy. That quip is painful, about as painful as Blazing Blade itself is to you -assuming you think it actually exists and isn't just a collective fever dream.

This said, I still love this fanciful informative junk.😄 It couldn't have been easy trying to write dozens, hundreds of headlines and sometimes paragraphs with a creatively-worded flourish. I'll take fat-free assistance from the Internet nowadays, but sure I'd give a few banknotes to an artistic mind spoofing old-fashioned strategy guides for modern games -if such a person existed and I had a couple of bucks to give.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Flair? Read the header of this.:

Fire%20Emblem%20GBA%20(Nintendo%20Player

The Black Fang might not be the righteous rogues you were hoping for after all.

The "flair" hurts. Maybe it didn't to younger me, but damn that is... indescribably melodramatically edgy.

It kinda feels like the person who wrote this didn't even play the game lol, that runs counter to the game's insistence that the group is (or at least, used to be) decent folks going after the wicked.

That quip is painful, about as painful as Blazing Blade itself is to you -assuming you think it actually exists and isn't just a collective fever dream.

Indeed, you cannot convince me that FE7 exists. Reality can be whatever I want.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, is the DLC actually coming out today? Seeing places saying they would...

If it comes out while I am sleeping, y'all let me know if dreams come true.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW-J1.png

I'll figure out why this screenshot is so small later, I haven't emulated GBA before.

Time to get to start up yet another war of the super robots. ...But not right this second.😐

If you want a bit of advice, a good selection for the initial Favorite picks would be Banpresto OG's, Mazinkaizer, and Brain Powerd.

Considering Favorites get to have more upgrade slots at start and a bonus to EXP and Money gains, it's not a bad idea to pick the OG right off the bat, even if it only benefits the one unit. As for the other two, well, the Mazingers are good heavy hitters, while the Brain Powerds are decent to good units all around, plus there's quite a few of them, so the bonus gets applied to a lot of units. Though conversely, likely because they're a lot, the bonuses aren't as high. Still have the extra upgrade slots and they should be among the cheaper units to upgrade as the flip side.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

spongebob-meme.gif

Mauvier 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Gotta sleep in a couple hours 😞 

Shrimpy, I know it is tempting, but I am begging you to refrain from injecting pure caffeine into your veins. It will not lead to early Engage, but an early grave!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy, I know it is tempting, but I am begging you to refrain from injecting pure caffeine into your veins. It will not lead to early Engage, but an early grave!

Ahahaha. 

DW, haven't drunk coffee in yeaaaaaars. Although a good game can keep me up until the morning without coffee. Engage even did it a couple times lol.

If it wasn't for work i would've probably stayed awake

In non-FE related DLC news, it was announced that Xenoblade 3's soundtrack will release on July 29th. This is noteworthy because the tracks from the story DLC will be included, which suggests it will be released before then.

20 hours ago, Sooks said:

I benched them both.

Just because they aren't Rixia doesn't mean they aren't worth using.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also checking the Internet Archive...

The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Collector's%

Now this is the one I was talking about!

My friends had this collection when we were younger, though I only recall playing the N64 games. For some reason, they thought Skull Kid was the Happy Mask Salesman in disguise...

My my my, so much anticipation all around.

As for me, if it truly comes out in a little bit, it will be the perfect moment as it'd be right after work.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

non-FE related DLC news, it was announced that Xenoblade 3's soundtrack will release on July 29th. This is noteworthy because the tracks from the story DLC will be included, which suggests it will be released before then.

Plot twist: they release it on the 29th.

In related news, it's been revealed that the Fog King's battle theme is called "Roar from Beyond". Considering what we know of Wave 4, this means Takahashi is cooking.