Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Hanes said:

And man I'm currently doing Ch25 of FE7 HHM ranked, and it kinda blows. Reinforcements up the ass! Blegh. Honestly the worst is that the boss is strong as balls and I am not using many strong units (I want the exp rank to fuck off forever after this map). Using pre-promotes in FE7 be like:

Eyy, good luck! Unless you don't recruit Farina, in which case I hope you still fail the funds rank I do want to get my full set and finish EHM S rank some day, but I also really hate the XP rank in that one.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, gnip said:

Eyy, good luck! Unless you don't recruit Farina, in which case I hope you still fail the funds rank I do want to get my full set and finish EHM S rank some day, but I also really hate the XP rank in that one.

How is the exp rank in EHM different?

And I am recruiting Farina... which hurts to spend that much money but I have to do it 😢

12 minutes ago, Hanes said:

How is the exp rank in EHM different?

You have the same lower XP gain as in HHM, but you have both fewer enemies and no zero-requirement maps. Basically a higher XP requirement (not a ton, but still a dozen levels or so) with fewer enemies to gain them from. The flip side is that the turn count requirement is pretty trivial, so I believe the "meta" way is to arena abuse on FFO (and maybe New Resolve, you do have Ninian there).

18 minutes ago, Hanes said:

And I am recruiting Farina... which hurts to spend that much money but I have to do it 😢

I know right?!

For what it's worth, I got Farina and iirc six promotions (no stat boosters used, tho) and still overshot Funds by a pretty significant amount. Enough that I also could've promoted Dart, I believe. :lol: You do seem to get a reasonable amount of extra funds from the S-rank weapons, so the Funds rank can look harsher during the run than it really is.

Mr McGilded seems to have gilded his own cage with this liar of a witness he cooked up, and obvious tampering of the evidence, things are turning against us as we speak, but we haven't even approached the truth yet.

Edit: Well we snuck our way past McGilded's first awful lie with some skylight hijinks, but I am worried about what awful plan he has next. This man is too happy to tie his noose with all the rope we leave him.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

Side note, but

AJFCJaV55rAyxZyg9a2B0MRd7b4MpWr5xqHvc1DQ

Juror "definitely not a serial killer" No. 3 is definitely my favorite of the bunch

Edit: Boy Mr. McGilded is such a lying bastard

Edit 2: Apparently I got the Hat Hunter achievement...

Edit 3: WHY DID YOU ADMIT TO FARTING ON THE BUS???

Edit 4: I guess they needed to point it out to the less attentive, but you can see the catch to open the skylight from the roof.

Edit 5: ...I think I see where the forged blood evidence is going to come in this case...oh boy.

19 minutes ago, gnip said:

You have the same lower XP gain as in HHM, but you have both fewer enemies and no zero-requirement maps. Basically a higher XP requirement (not a ton, but still a dozen levels or so) with fewer enemies to gain them from. The flip side is that the turn count requirement is pretty trivial, so I believe the "meta" way is to arena abuse on FFO (and maybe New Resolve, you do have Ninian there).

I see. So yeah, I think the turn requirements are too trivial all the times, but HHM makes you think you're doing worse because of the zero-requirement maps.

27 minutes ago, gnip said:

I know right?!

For what it's worth, I got Farina and iirc six promotions (no stat boosters used, tho) and still overshot Funds by a pretty significant amount. Enough that I also could've promoted Dart, I believe. :lol: You do seem to get a reasonable amount of extra funds from the S-rank weapons, so the Funds rank can look harsher during the run than it really is.

I'm also recruiting Karla and I got my lords to level 50 for Geitz! Hahaha, this is the 100% run. The run to end all runs basically.

Anyways on FE WoD I read that apparently how much money you have doesn't matter, but instead only the worth of your items. What hurt more about recruiting Farina is instead of spending my very easy cash (cash can be doubled with silver card, so you want to spend it more than gold from selling items), I had to spend a white gem and a blue gem. so essentially 30,000 in assets gone.

I have only promoted Bartre, Canas and Raven thus far. No stat-boosters though. The S-Rank Weapons are pretty good, long time ago I calculated them to be like 115,000 gold? Honestly I somehow remember that you needed like 1,125,000 in assets saved, but ever since I've only heard lower numbers than that.

Right now, my ranks are 5 stars except for funds which is at a 4 for those sold gems, and a 4 in exp, which is why I deployed a bunch of scrubs for Chapter 25, the map with a billion reinforcements, and I might just take a bunch of turns on this map than I want to to farm them. Recounting my turn-count I think I can afford to do so, though I have forgotten what my actual exact turn-count is, I will recount it here.

Spoiler

Chapter 11: 7 turns.
Chapter 12: 6-8 turns
Chapter 13: 9 turns.
Chapter 13x: "7 turns" (8?) but the game counts defend maps as one turn more. I have heard if you kill the boss on the last turn, PP or EP, this extra turn isn't counted?
Chapter 14: 5 turns.
Chapter 15: "7 turns" so 8.
Chapter 16: 9-11 turns? I don't remember exactly.
Chapter 17: 13 turns? I remember it being very bad...
Chapter 17x: 5 turns.
Chapter 18: 5-6 turns.
Chapter 19: 7 turns, I think.
Chapter 19x: 13 turns.
Chapter 20: 9 turns?
Chapter 21: 9 turns.
Chapter 22: 8 turns.
Chapter 23: 7 or 8 turns.
Chapter 23x: 7 turns.
Chapter 24: 9 turns (I did 5 earlier, then went back to grind exp rank cuz I could, and the game was fine with it)
Chapter 25: Pending

The game still shows me a 5 star, so taking the lowest of all those values I have a total of 142 turns. Which is fantastic, and low enough to basically fuck around for the rest of the game. If I got all the higher numbers it's 150. I had to double-check with my sources on discord. I know I had around 96, give or take 2 when I started Dragon's Gate, chapter 20. So overall I am in a very good spot. Tactics is fairly easy to do, just make sure the exp rank is fine. My Marcus had like 60 battles by Ch14, and somehow I had a 5 star exp rank? Lol.

Unfortunately, I had data on Chapters 16, 17,and 19 on my twitter but my account got SUSPENDED which fuck man I actually had a lot of friends there but now it also means I can't search up those posts I made. As for levels, I could check those right now but I'm too lazy to do so, still, shouldn't be that hard.

12 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Unfortunately, I had data on Chapters 16, 17,and 19 on my twitter but my account got SUSPENDED which fuck man I actually had a lot of friends there but now it also means I can't search up those posts I made. As for levels, I could check those right now but I'm too lazy to do so, still, shouldn't be that hard.

Oof, what did you do to get the Suspension?

Also, this is a funky case where we keep having to sabotage their own defense, thank to all this forged tomfoolery.

Feckless Gouger!

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, what did you do to get the Suspension?

Quote Retweet a tweet about a biological brother and sister getting engaged with "Disgusting, kill yourself immediately". I doubt they even saw it, but the loli brigade did, and I got QRT'd and mass reported because I broke the ToS. Ugh, lolicons were always my biggest haters from the start of my account and also my demise. Should have foreseen them coming and not kicked the hornet's nest of degenerates.

:Hugh: (pretend this is Marth) but one day I will reclaim my homeland account, Altea , I might have to hack it back in.

Idk, maybe in a month I will make an appeal begging to be unsuspended and that I pinky promise not to do it again. Best case scenario a twitter employee takes compassion on me, and then learning from this experience I don't do it ever again and get to keep my account, friends, and small follower base that I managed to grow over time with dedication and care. ... I really don't want to make another account.

Seems I might have been wrong about the Herlock theft, as we met the inventor...another underage girl...who presumably made both their anachronistic tech.

Edit: I guess the case did end up with a fire in the courthouse, as its teaser for the case to come.

1 hour ago, Hanes said:

Anyways on FE WoD I read that apparently how much money you have doesn't matter, but instead only the worth of your items. What hurt more about recruiting Farina is instead of spending my very easy cash (cash can be doubled with silver card, so you want to spend it more than gold from selling items), I had to spend a white gem and a blue gem. so essentially 30,000 in assets gone.

Cash does count, it's just that the Silver Card allows you to double your funds once you get it. So if you happen to sell too many stuff, don't worry too much - if you end up with too much money to spend, you can just get a Fell Contract or Ocean Seal in the Victory or Death secret shop.

I only had one character (Lowen :lol:) promoted by chapter 25, so I only fell to four stars in Funds in chapter 27 when I promoted Priscilla, Raven, and Farina (and Heath in the chapter after that). Got back to 5* in chapter 30 thanks to bringing Legault, then back down to 4* after Denning's map, then permanently back to 5* after Battle Preparations, so you can expect (and probably don't have to worry too much about) your Funds looking sus for a while.

11 hours ago, Hanes said:

Ah genetics does that sometimes, curse your mother for the bad facial hair genes. (Don't do that I bet she's nice)

Very.

Ah genetics does that sometimes, curse your mother for the bad facial hair genes. (Don't do that I bet she's nice).Still that's a lot of facial hair. Now I can't help but imagine you as that Awakening boss with the ridiculous moustache. With hair though, don't panic.

lol I'm already clearing up at the top. My father's bald and so was my maternal grandfather, I don't have good genes there.

Use Wallace instead.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That opening narration makes me wonder if there is another Dr. Wilson that isn't dead still writing Mr. Sholmes's stories. Also its funny how they gave our Japanese protagonists such British accents, but I guess they are visiting England, and presumably learned the Queen's (or King's now I guess) English.

John Wilson 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Edit: Wait, why is the British courtroom inside a clock? Did they put it inside Big Ben or something (yes that is technically the name of the bell, but nobody cares you pedants)

Stronghart likes time. He likes it so much, he put his office inside a timing machine.

10 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Whoops, misunderstanding I think

I actually agree with ya. I’ve read some of the FE7 hate on other sites and I’m like “damn what do people want”, ya know?

Listen, it's very important that we acknowledge that Nergal did not do everything right. The plot must be perfect, otherwise it will be a blemish on this series that is otherwise renowned for having completely perfect plots.

I, on the other hand, am enlightened and hate FE7 because it's a really boring FE

11 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

7 was my first trip into the series and I enjoyed it immensely, so it’ll always have a special place in my heart

...which is funny, because it also was my first game and I also enjoyed it immensely back in the day. Then I tried Binding Blade and didn't return in like eight years.

Mael Stronghart is such a busy name, and has such the presence of a Von Karma level villain. Into the Maelstrom I guess😛

Edit: Or perhaps a Damon Grant like villain...

Now why would you bring him up. Gone swimming lately, perhaps?

Edit 2: My Badge has been replaced by an armband?

Yes, but you can still present it to everybody to no effect. It actually gets some interesting responses out of people.

Edit 5: Not to harp on the game too badly, but the fire effects in the scales look REALLY out of place. I tried to do a screnshot, but without seeing them in motion, it really didn't do the effects much justice (lol)

Graphics aren't the game's strongest suit. They do their best, but they don't have a top notch budget and it's clear in some places. Yet another victim of going 3D when it was absolutely not necessary.

Edit 6: The 'udgies beard is spectacular...also they are making Van Zekes look kind vampy here

Victorian Judge looks like Santa Claus, it's hilarious.

As for Zieks... Hoo boy, you haven't seen anything yet.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Actually looked this up: countries in which Chicha is primarily alcoholic

• Bolivia
  • Chile
  • El Salvador

Countries in which chicha isn't primarily alcoholic

• Colombia (it's actually illegal for some reason but the government doesn't seem to care)
  • Ecuador
  • Honduras (although it's a much more "formal" drink there)
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru
  • Venezuela

Chicha is also common in the Amazon regions and whether or not it's alcoholic depends on who it's being served to.

Meanwhile me: "Doesn't chicha just mean meat?"

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit 3: Damn, they brought the whole bus to court as evidence

Remember how case 2 was investigation only? Case 3 is court only. They bring the whole crime scene to the court. A really unique set-up and part of what makes the case so cool.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know, I was going to join you in the above criticism by posting... *looks to see if a .gif exists*...

Hide contents

711336f82965e1ad5196d1b4a8ba3b34.gif

...this. 

Ingame quality isn't as good, more pixelated and all, though otherwise the same. Ya know, playing with the male SRWJ protagonist means it's now a coin flip whether I get an 🙄 moment when using the strongest attacks, as opposed to 100% of the time.

"Imagine women existing and attention not being drawn to their boobs every two seconds."

- Not anime.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, I didn't want to make a purely sardonic comment.

Thus, I only post now. For I was randomly browsing the web in the dark hours of the night, when I discovered but a few minutes ago...

Hide contents

Screen-Shot-2023-06-09-at-10-42-24-PM.pn

...this.

And this is trash too don't get me wrong, but it's an uplifting breath of fresh air if you ask me.😝

You're happy. That man broke his nose against an iron wall and you're happy.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

EVIDENCE HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH! I examined the carriage before, and now the storage compartment has been emptied!!!

Good eye. I actually missed this myself. Didn't realize I could open the thing lol

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AND BLOOD WAS ADDED TO THE FLOOR... Oh boy, this is going to get extra messy...

...Somehow missed this as well lol. I convinced myself I was just blind and didn't see it the first time.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AJFCJaW_C2CasPOJyujAbNUvfSk9i4abEmbtJmxT

...Why are you pretending to a horse?

I was wondering that myself at the time. He's like, this completely normal dude with a weird hat and a dumb name, and then all of a sudden he gets the weirdest animation in the game so far. For no reason.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

WHY DID YOU ADMIT TO FARTING ON THE BUS???

I think I remember what this was, but it's still really funny to read without context.

2 hours ago, Hanes said:

Quote Retweet a tweet about a biological brother and sister getting engaged with "Disgusting, kill yourself immediately". I doubt they even saw it, but the loli brigade did, and I got QRT'd and mass reported because I broke the ToS. Ugh, lolicons were always my biggest haters from the start of my account and also my demise. Should have foreseen them coming and not kicked the hornet's nest of degenerates.

:Hugh: (pretend this is Marth) but one day I will reclaim my homeland account, Altea , I might have to hack it back in.

Idk, maybe in a month I will make an appeal begging to be unsuspended and that I pinky promise not to do it again. Best case scenario a twitter employee takes compassion on me, and then learning from this experience I don't do it ever again and get to keep my account, friends, and small follower base that I managed to grow over time with dedication and care. ... I really don't want to make another account.

I say you just stay away from Twitter lol

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

we met the inventor...another underage girl

I like her theme. And nothing else about her. She's just a painfully average "little anime girl that is actually genius and also smug." Didn't get on my nerves as much as I feared at first, but I prefer Herlock's idiocy.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now why would you bring him up. Gone swimming lately, perhaps?

I feel like I am missing a reference with this comment.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, but you can still present it to everybody to no effect. It actually gets some interesting responses out of people.

I intend to, showing off the Badge (or armband in this case) is classic Ace Attorney fun (and I definitely showed off the Spiky badge a bit in case 2...)

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They bring the whole crime scene to the court. A really unique set-up and part of what makes the case so cool.

I felt like it was hard to present as evidence the things I discovered in the bus.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good eye. I actually missed this myself. Didn't realize I could open the thing lol

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Somehow missed this as well lol. I convinced myself I was just blind and didn't see it the first time.

That seems like it would change the character of that case so much, as you never really get the chance to back Zeiks up about the storage space being tampered with, or present the added blood as evidence of tampering near the end. Those moments felt like we were building a report with Zeiks, with us seeking the truth together through our clash...

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel like I am missing a reference with this comment.

I felt like it was hard to present as evidence the things I discovered in the bus.

That's true, though, yeah. Those camera angles were so wonky sometimes.

That seems like it would change the character of that case so much, as you never really get the chance to back Zeiks up about the storage space being tampered with, or present the added blood as evidence of tampering near the end. Those moments felt like we were building a report with Zeiks, with us seeking the truth together through our clash...

In my case, I thought I was getting somewhere. Then it was revealed shit wasn't what it seemed, I got clowned on and by the end I knew I'd made a terrible mistake, but it was too late to go back on it. I loved discovering I could actually have figured it out sooner. I truly felt what Ryunosuke felt, as I'd been fooled just like hmi. Though I can see how it would lose some of its magic if you do actually realize.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That!

WTF!🤣

...I'm not sure what else I can say. Other than keeping the German samurai as ever-serious (really, he only has three demeanors to filter through all his emotions- relaxed stoic, serious, and ware...*enemy is cleaved asunder* serious) as always, it's more WTF that way, it's better that way.

---

...Back to J now. I played through the first five battles yesterday, now it's time to start the early SEEDy stuff and I want to end today one mid-battle ending blow away from the first route split, four battles I think that means.

FyRA-JMaYAAzJ2l?format=jpg&name=large

I am so glad that fusing the Master Sword to something only slightly changes it's appearance.

And now

FyRA-IqakAkjW8d?format=jpg&name=large

Can the Demon King come out to play?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile me: "Doesn't chicha just mean meat?"

I suppose it is similar-sounding to chicharron. Although idk if Spain has that.

Just ran into the PS5 exclusive list while checking if Alan Wake 2 is coming on PC. Dang, I always forget how sad that console's catalogue is lol

...Luckily for me, Alan Wake 2 comes out on PC, so I don't have to buy a PS5 to get the sequel to this completely random game I uncharacteristically enjoy despite being no fan of either horror or third person shooters.

EDIT: Oh shoot, it's an Epic exclusive... Funded and published by them too, so it's likely to never leave their store. Well that's not great. I'm not one of those ultra militant Epic detractors, but I really would rather not have to create more accounts and install more launchers to get one game.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FyRA-JMaYAAzJ2l?format=jpg&name=large

I am so glad that fusing the Master Sword to something only slightly changes it's appearance.

But what if I want to whack Ganondorf with a chicken leg

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I suppose it is similar-sounding to chicharron. Although idk if Spain has that.

I've heard the word, but as far as I know, overhere we only use chicha to mean meat. And not even in a lewd way or anything, it's just a colloquial form of meat lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ok so Ganondorf broke my Hylian Shield. He just has attacks that can just....delete shield durability. And Hylian Shield has the highest durability out of any shield. So uh....yeah.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But what if I want to whack Ganondorf with a chicken leg

Unironically you could.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and that it'll be 2024 for us Westerners.

That's too optimistic. Way too optimistic. It's Nisa and Falcom we talking about here

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Zelda Team......i kneel.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, good. No "only Ike can kill the final boss for no reason" crap here, I see.

The final hit requires the Master Sword but nothing says you can't fuse the Master Sword to a chicken leg.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's too optimistic. Way too optimistic. It's Nisa and Falcom we talking about here

Me and the boys playing Metroid Prime 4 before Falcom releases Ys 10 in the West.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

WTF!🤣

...I'm not sure what else I can say. Other than keeping the German samurai as ever-serious (really, he only has three demeanors to filter through all his emotions- relaxed stoic, serious, and ware...*enemy is cleaved asunder* serious) as always, it's more WTF that way, it's better that way.

Being Ibis is suffering.