Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't happen because it's understood to mean the same thing, at least because the words are so similar.

Even when the words are vastly different, clarification always followed.

Looking at the tweet, the dude jumped to calling gringo without waiting for, or asking for that clarification that "always follows".

Also mind clarifying something for me, from context is seems like the issue is that "Primos" is plural, while "Oye" is singular, is that right?

Are proper nouns, like the shows title "Primos" generally considered singular, or plural?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And immediately after the Madroy jumpscare, I got a Sommie jumpscare.

That's fine, though. Sommie jumpscare is cool. I shall leave it in. Random Sommie cutscene. I won't bother adding a check to see if Sommie is alive/recruited, because Sommie is immortal and should always appear.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Keep in mind it does depend on what games are being played too. I know at least for me, i had to have different settings for Xenosaga when compared to Berwick.

Fair point.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly i'm not sure either. They found a goldmine with the Switch's portability (which is indeed a big factor for a lot of people) and with the handheld market largely abandoned by their competitors....well i get the feeling that next is just Switch 2. 

I don't care for that, myself. I don't game on the go, I prefer to get into my games properly and calmly at home, and each generation games become less and less apt for small screens and it hurts my eyes to play on tinier things. Like always, the deciding factor will be the games. I bought the Switch a year and a half into its lifetime. I probably will wait longer for a Switch 2.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

from context is seems like the issue is that "Primos" is plural, while "Oye" is singular, is that right?

Yeah, as far as I can tell there's no dialect there, it's just gramatically incorrect. It could... maaaybe sorta work if Primos is the name of something, but at that point I'd suggest "Ey Primos" as something that sounds a lot more natural. Preferably accompanied by a finger guns motion and a wink.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use Bantu instead.

Is that even possible?

And your lack of response to me lamenting my lack of deployment slots is concerning. When do I get more, Ruben?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am going to kill you, Sooks.

I found out that he’s tied to an endgame recruitment. Why there are recruits in endgame I have no idea, but…

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20230615_091335.jpg?width=613&height=618

Nooooo not Dan Povenmire.

28 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also mind clarifying something for me, from context is seems like the issue is that "Primos" is plural, while "Oye" is singular, is that right?

Yeah as Ruben said it's just grammatically incorrect. She could've just said "to make the song flow better" or something but she had to double down on it instead.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He's just voicing I think.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seeing them talk about the handheld stereoscope reminds me of using one as a kid.

The stereoscope shenanigans lead to some pretty funny stills.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Is that even possible?

@Shaky Jones Your turn.

And your lack of response to me lamenting my lack of deployment slots is concerning. When do I get more, Ruben?

I found out that he’s tied to an endgame recruitment. Why there are recruits in endgame I have no idea, but…

Figured that would be the case. A lot of people feel the need to use those characters. In actuality, there's absolutely no need to do anything with them. I've done the endgame with all four of them untrained and it doesn't really make a difference. Even the fancy turn 1 Endgame strats don't require any trainingg, since rescue is an E rank staff.

"Ahhh, Perry the Platypus! You're just in time to watch me put the finishing touches on my latest creation. Behold - the Badspanishinator! Dramatic sting When I was a child, there was this Spanish boy at school called Roberto, who used to bully me relentlessly. He spoke to me in that infernal language. I couldn't understand a word he said! I swore I would one day have my revenge on all of the world's Spanish people! You see, Perry the Platypus, if I fire the Badspanishinator at a sign, it will be poorly translated into Spanish, ruining the day of any Spanish speakers that read it! Ahahahahaha!"

The plot twist is that Roberto was trying to be nice to him but he just assumed he was being bullied

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

playing Mario Kart with Friends tho...

I tried playing Splatoon and Nintendo went "yeah I know you spent 60 45 bucks on this game and 20 8 on the Online, but I don't feel like letting you play. Connection lost, sucker!"

Never again.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I tried playing Splatoon and Nintendo went "yeah I know you spent 60 45 bucks on this game and 20 8 on the Online, but I don't feel like letting you play. Connection lost, sucker!"

Never again.

F

Never had a problem myself, but i almost exclusively use nintendo online for Mario Kart with friends, which i play too often, especially with the DLC tracks being free when you play online.

And the one time in the year i play smash online lol

Not worth the 20/year yeah, but i also wanna play with friends so...

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

F

Never had a problem myself, but i almost exclusively use nintendo online for Mario Kart with friends, which i play too often, especially with the DLC tracks being free when you play online.

And the one time in the year i play smash online lol

Not worth the 20/year yeah, but i also wanna play with friends so...

Thanks, Nintendo, for holding these services hostage and do nothing to improve them with the extra money. Very cool.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AJFCJaUkkFTJ-5ygyhu5C3Gio1mz5o0ASpftuWFN

Something like this one perhaps 😛

Now picture Van Zieks doing that.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now picture Van Zieks doing that.

That is going to look silly.

It is funny to have "The Hound of the Baskervilles" as evidence.

Edit: The implication that the generalized anesthetic use on Sholmes might not have worn off yet is a lot scarier prospect than they might have intended. Never waking up from a generalized anesthetic is one of its best known, and most dangerous complications...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit: The implication that the generalized anesthetic use on Sholmes might not have worn off yet is a lot scarier prospect than they might have intended. Never waking up from a generalized anesthetic is one of its best known, and most dangerous complications...

Keep in mind this is the same game where someone dying of tuberculosis is considered a quirk.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…do I get another one?

Oh, yes, multiple. No worries.

9 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Rubenio run! It’s gain sentience and is coming for your soul!

Why me?

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…do I get another one?

Yes, in chapter 16.

It is a funny/sketchy detail that Susato signed Lestrade's name for her on the representation form...

Edit: And now we are fairly certain Magnus McGilded was the true murder from that case so long ago.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He probably thinks that as a Spaniard you have an aversion to Latin American Spanish.

Not really. I'm more puzzled as to why Shrimpers is listening to a Latin American dub of an anime song lol

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. I'm more puzzled as to why Shrimpers is listening to a Latin American dub of an anime song lol

Because that's a sign of good taste.

A Night of Farewells...

Fare thee well Susato, and see you next game.

Edit: Perhaps this is an Ace Attorney thing, but seeing Iris bring the cat to the courthouse is leaving me a little worried...

Edit 2: Hmmm...the game already revealed Sholmes's recovery to the player, I wonder why they are hiding it from the characters.

Edit 3: That was an alarmingly racist comment from the Reaper of the Bailey.

Edit 4: Wahhh, THAT'S THE RUSSIAN ASSASSIN  VILEIN BOLSHEVEK (sp?) AMONG THE JURORS...

Also, the returning Jurors with new accoutrements is kinda silly, like the stenographer with telegraph gear, and old grandpa in doctor's uniform...

Edit 5: Uhhhh...did Dr. Grandpa just imply he left something inside someone after surgery?

Edit 6: The Assassin having to look in a phrasebook to talk is cute...although his desire to visit the Crystal Tower somewhat worrying.

Edit 7: Professional Baddie...Lol

Edit 8: Were they really expecting Gregson to join in their Skulkin brothers dance?

Edit 9: Skulky Gregson...oh poor Inspector