Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You have to get fairly close to Hardin to trigger him attacking Midia, so you do have the opportunity to just rush the last part of the map (from the chest room entrance for instance) to save her without Rescue.

I’m not that close. My army is mostly up north getting the brave axe and the southernmost unit is still pretty far from him. But as said later, I guess the line moves by difficulty.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's time.

HqLaaC9V_o.png

He dies. That’s how that ends.

Wait so they are infinite? AGAIN? why is this your 2nd favorite FE

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You could probably rig a crit on a big strength unit.

Tfw rigging crits is the least painful strategy.

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Probably forged tome with resetting for crit or something

Oh yeah, forging too. Haven’t really been doing that this run…

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

when Genealogy has the like, second ugliest portraits in the entire series 

wait so which game is number one?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure the Chagall lookalike just reuses the sprite. No recolor of anything.

Oh yeah! I remember that one. I honestly found it the most egregious example of portrait reuse, perhaps in the entire series even. Chagall is pretty major, and then they just plop his portrait, without modifications, on this completely random loser for whom it doesn't even fit. Why not resue, I don't know, Macbeth, Ovo or Zane for the quintillion time? Anyone but friggin' Chagall!

Aso, Eldigan and Ares also had the same sprite. Just different color clothes and face orientation.

That one doesn't feel as obvious to me personally. They're about as identical as the average FE4 character lol, I mean look at Holyn. Holyn's basically the same character too from a slightly different angle and he's entirely unrelated!

Just now, Sooks said:

He dies. That’s how that ends.

I got the front two guys to break their weapons and the AI is too stupid to move them

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait so they are infinite? AGAIN?

Nah, they aren't.

Just now, Sooks said:

why is this your 2nd favorite FE

Sometimes I wonder myself. There's something about it that I just find fun. I think it's the lack of loading screens. And map saves.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

wait so which game is number one?

OG mystery. It's the same ugly artstyle, but the designs have even less personality.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So Teehee

Wanna do a bingo for tomorrow?

"Niche genre JRPGs is half the direct."

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's certainly a possibility I subconciously scoff at Japan's beloved common romantization of childhood and look to older age with kinder eyes than most due to how much better my life's gotten with time.

I scoff at Japan because I'm American.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

a3tLsWww_o.png

I... actually placed Arcardo really high, for some reason.

Damn it, all I can think of is Feeler now.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a lot of people who have had shitty childhoods. Whether things got better for them or not is too much of a case-by-case basis. 

my happy day will come my happy day will come my happy day will come my happy day will-

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What the hell kind of training are your combat units on to have someone capable of one rounding Hardin?

5 energy drops, the hauteclere, an again staff, a save point and, and a whole lotta patience.

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Probably forged tome with resetting for crit or something

Excalibur works too.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah on the higher difficulties Hardin gets angry way too early, and since the generals destroy Midia like everything destroys everything in that difficulty, there's no feasible way to seize before she goes down.

He gets aggro'd roughly when you cross those 2 heroes early on in higher difficulties. You do not have enough time to make it to him no matter what. Warp? Lunatic: "Unlucky!". You basically need a rescue staff. Not the biggest check in the world if you use hammerne, but annoying.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lolololol the one response saying they hope IntSys doesn't "butcher" Genealogy's "awesome designs" when Genealogy has the like, second ugliest portraits in the entire series and everyone is the same face with a differently colored palmtree of hair at the top

Much like the games, fe4 and 3H fans share a lot in common, like how much they cope over how cool and intentional the shitty design is.

I have seen alot of stuff FE4 fans don't want to change

All things i heavily disliked in FE4 lol

Honestly the only part i don't want changed in FE4 is maybe the giant maps. Everything else i want revampled, including how the maps work and the stupid enemy formations. And especially the inventory/inheritance system

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Much like the games, fe4 and 3H fans share a lot in common, like how much they cope over how cool and intentional the shitty design is.

"story cool everything else doesn't matter"

Even if Cool means B tier at best

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I scoff at Japan because I'm American.

I don't know which I'd place higher, to be honest. In Japan life doesn't seem worth living, but in the US it's a gamble whether you get to live it at all without some guy shooting you in the dick and being unable to survive the wound because you can't afford the hospital fee.

...I think I'm just happy to be Spanish lol

8 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Damn it, all I can think of is Feeler now.

That's a great line to drop without context.

He gets aggro'd roughly when you cross those 2 heroes early on in higher difficulties. You do not have enough time to make it to him no matter what. Warp? Lunatic: "Unlucky!". You basically need a rescue staff. Not the biggest check in the world if you use hammerne, but annoying.

Bespoke: Let her join her dearest in Hell

"Gameplay-story integration!"

The gameplay-story integration: Literal force fields prevent you from very easily saving Annand's squad.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They should do like DW9 and have Genealogy remake be just the one map with the entire of Jugdral in it.

Nintendo Switch says "adios" before committing explosion

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So Teehee

Wanna do a bingo for tomorrow?

“Completely niche and obscure remake out of nowhere” like Live A Live

fe4 is niche and obscure right

I got the front two guys to break their weapons and the AI is too stupid to move them

So a million turns waiting for weapons to beak. Stupid game…

OG mystery. It's the same ugly artstyle, but the designs have even less personality.

F

5 energy drops, the hauteclere, an again staff, a save point and, and a whole lotta patience.

Oh yeah that thing.

Pretty sure all my axe users get doubled tho. I’ll likely go with Mercurius (screw the weapon triangle) or Excalibur. But you know, across multiple turns.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have seen alot of stuff FE4 fans don't want to change

All things i heavily disliked in FE4 lol

Honestly the only part i don't want changed in FE4 is maybe the giant maps. Everything else i want revampled, including how the maps work and the stupid enemy formations. And especially the inventory/inheritance system

Enemy blocks need to go for me to be satisfied

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"story cool everything else doesn't matter"

Even if Cool means B tier at best

But bbq, nothing bad has ever happened to the main character in an animoo game before

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The gameplay-story integration: Literal force fields prevent you from very easily saving Annand's squad

i

hated

this

so

fucking

Muuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was planning to go save her then the piss barrier stopped me. And this wasn't the only case iirc

Removing piss barriers will be like top 3 FE4 changes i want.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

e4 is niche and obscure right

but not out of nowhere

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I was planning to go save her then the piss barrier stopped me

Granted. Now the battle happens over the peak tiles, so you can only effectively send Erynis to help.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

“Completely niche and obscure remake out of nowhere” like Live A Live

I'd like a remake of Treasure of the Rudras. Remember that game? It's that JRPG I played for like, two hours, that's a comlpetely generic, entirely boring Square JRPG... except magic works by making you input words and seeing what kind of spell comes up.

Imagine getting to attack enemies with shit, but in like, an actually good game.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i

hated

this

so

fucking

Muuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was planning to go save her then the piss barrier stopped me. And this wasn't the only case iirc

I legitimately wouldn't be bothered if they made her possible to save. Her death doesn't even have any true ramifications long-term, it just happens for drama. Just let me save her. Make it incredibly difficult if you will! Make her a sort of easter egg character for True Gamers. Now that would be fucking awesome. But no, instead we got force fields. In the same chapter as the Dew Bullshit, too...

If TotK could do it...

More specifically: TotK could barely do it by being a game that looks like it could be on the Wii. IntSys's track record is worse.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

. They can get Monolith to help just fine...

but will they

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make it incredibly difficult if you will! Make her a sort of easter egg character for True Gamers. Now that would be fucking awesome. But no, instead we got force fields.

That would be good gameplay in FE4

we can't have that

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like a remake of Treasure of the Rudras. Remember that game? It's that JRPG I played for like, two hours, that's a comlpetely generic, entirely boring Square JRPG... except magic works by making you input words and seeing what kind of spell comes up.

You can bet what would be the first thing neutered in suck a remake...

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That would be good gameplay in FE4

we can't have that

If they did that, most people would try to get her because muh completion, and when it turned out to be a pain in the arse, they would complain and blame the game. So yeah. Same reason we can't have cool plot deaths for playables, as you've said in the past.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can bet what would be the first thing neutered in suck a remake...

...Oh yeah, come to think of it... They definitely wouldn't let me input shit in a remake, would they.

I bet they did not think of me inputting shit in different languages, though!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

tbf it depends on what kinda pain in the arse it is

the fun kind or the xavier kind?

Honestly, I'd just leave it as is, just without the forcefields. Make it completely impossible without hindsight, but if you do have hindsight you can just throw troops that way, break the story entirely and recruit her. But then, people would whine that they feel "forced" to reset the chapter (which they weren't, she's not vital to anything), so they probably wouldn't do it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I'd just leave it as is, just without the forcefields.

fun kind it is

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then, people would whine that they feel "forced" to reset the chapter (which they weren't, she's not vital to anything), so they probably wouldn't do it.

i think people will only whine if it was a surprise or she got like, killed turn one.