Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How do you activate those? On the battlefield, or at the base?

I also feel like mentioning that most of the time, attacking enemy units that have a convo with someone, (enemies recruited by Reese, for example) can also be activated by attacking-If you use Esteban, this will come in handy, as he can initiate talk convos with Sophie from two hexes away. Nice.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure thing!
Although the cons could be pros and vice-versa, I'll list off what I think could annoy others as cons, even if I like them:

Pros:

• No time limits, except on some monster slaying quests
  • lovely music, setting, story, characters (especially characters)
  • multiple battle themes that change depending on how strong you are compared to the enemies you face
  • very easy to learn, but hard to master alchemy system
  • in battle, you can have four members in the active party

Cons:

• gathering areas are rather small (doesn't bother me, though)
  • there are missable character events if you advance the story too fast
  • the max level is 20, after that, you get skill points to strengthen your characters' abilities (doesn't bother me, though)
  • every character can only hold up to five usable items.
  • sometimes, enemies in gathering areas you unlock will be too strong for you at that point in the game.

This is perfect, thank you!

From what I'm gathering here, the character growth is something to look forward to, as is the alchemy system! 

Good music is a selling point for me as well!

Four battle members is good too!

As far as cons go, the only thing I could see bothering me is the missable events, but alot of games have those so I wouldnt really hold that against it.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, myrm guy just offed Sylvis, because she could barely hit anything to save her life. Nice.

Reset time.

My advice is to use Hide and not confront Zalius. Just don't attack with Sylvis and put her into a forest where she's not adjacent to an enemy.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is there a restart chapter option? Because if there is, I'm not seeing it.

From a game over? I think so. Otherwise, you have to load a save from Navaron or turn 5.

So if I only have one save, I'm screwed, right?

Why do you have only one save?

Anyways, no, you can just kill Reese. I am 98% sure of this, at least.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why do you have only one save?

Because that's all I ever need in any other FE game, where I can restart the chapter from the title screen any time I want to.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways, no, you can just kill Reese. I am 98% sure of this, at least.

Well, I'll give that a try then.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Because that's all I ever need in any other FE game, where I can restart the chapter from the title screen any time I want to.

But each save gives you ten slots for battle saves...

I didn’t think I needed to make separate saves for something like this. My bad.

It's all good, but definitely start makin' use of those slots-For longer maps, you will probably want to have a save for every 5 turns. (Save states also work if you feel like doing that.) I also like having two in before main missions-One before preps, and one after preps.

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is perfect, thank you!

From what I'm gathering here, the character growth is something to look forward to, as is the alchemy system! 

Good music is a selling point for me as well!

Four battle members is good too!

As far as cons go, the only thing I could see bothering me is the missable events, but alot of games have those so I wouldnt really hold that against it.

Alright, glad to be of assistance! ^^

The missable events thing really only applies to one character in particular, since her events are really hard to get in the first place.
If you do play the game and want all the events, I suggest looking up a guide.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Alright, glad to be of assistance! ^^

The missable events thing really only applies to one character in particular, since her events are really hard to get in the first place.
If you do play the game and want all the events, I suggest looking up a guide.

Alright, will do, and thank you for all the information!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Alright, will do, and thank you for all the information!

You're welcome! ^^

Not that I wouldn't tell you how exactly to get those events, but since I missed one on my second playthrough myself, it goes to show that I have no idea how it really works myself. XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You're welcome! ^^

Not that I wouldn't tell you how exactly to get those events, but since I missed one on my second playthrough myself, it goes to show that I have no idea how it really works myself. XD

Well, sometimes that's half the fun! Dont worry, I'll ask if I need help (will i?)!

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, sometimes that's half the fun! Dont worry, I'll ask if I need help (will i?)!

I'll be glad to help you out of course, but the game isn't very hard to figure out!
And since I only played it fully one time, I don't remember every little detail, so if some of my info is wrong or useless, I apologize in advance.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that guy is Kaga's way to politely remind you that looking at enemy inventories is cool and fun. Enemy skillsets, too.

Me when people complain about skills in Conquest (very well placed in that game). Nothing better than getting your strongest units lunged across the map by random mobs xD

1 hour ago, Benice said:

My advice is to use Hide and not confront Zalius. Just don't attack with Sylvis and put her into a forest where she's not adjacent to an enemy.

Smh no balls

KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

45 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You can save every 5 turns, don't forget this 😉

I recommend you use a differemt slot for every battle save.

Btw Benice, you sure i need Sherpa for ch7?

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be glad to help you out of course, but the game isn't very hard to figure out!
And since I only played it fully one time, I don't remember every little detail, so if some of my info is wrong or useless, I apologize in advance.

Eh, I wouldnt sweat the small stuff. Qe all make mistakes! Any help is greatly appreciated of course!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did you not see his personal event? 'Cause I think he autodeploys himself...

EDIT: Bigbrain, it's chapter 8. Gah! So sorry...

Edited by Benice

49 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You don't need to, but for caution's sake, it's best to keep multiple saves. This is what I do, if you want an idea for how to manage your saves:

- Keep one save on the city, after doing all the preparations, right before deployment.

- Keep one save at the end of the previous mission, in case I screw up the preps / want to redo them for whatever reason.

- The rest of the slots are reserved for map saves.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Chapter 8, actually. But don't worry - he makes it a freebie. As for chapter 7, well... That's the same as any other mission. He's not absolutely necessary, but he is a great unit, so... your call.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That he is! But he also costs 2k+, so... xD

If you don't bring Sherpa, you will want to bring Raijin arrows, Perceval and/or Aegina. Just a word of advice. Deathmatch Volo with a levin sword or Astra!Faye would also work very well.