Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Truly chaotic Among Us.

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@DragonFlames or @Armagon

As I'm buying some more of the Atelier games, which should i go with?

Go with Atelier Lulua if you want the arguably most polished entry in the series. It is the fourth game in a quadrology but it's not like the plot matters.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

uuslab1.png

Ms. Crits for Days

I just now noticed this but why do bows and arrows count as separate equipment? The bows have durability and the arrows have uses right? Seems redundant but maybe that's just me.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The bows have durability and the arrows have uses right?

Yup.

As for why, dunno really.

Maybe as a way to balance them? 

Crossbows have 0-1 Range (without getting into details, it's kinda like FE 1-2 Range), while Bows have 1-2 Range. Only certain Magics have so much range options, as hand axes/Javelins/etc can only attack at 1 Range.

The way range in this game works is a bit different:

0 Range: means attacking from tile adjacent to enemy's, but you heading into the enemy's tile
1: Also attacking from tile adjacent to enemy's, but not heading into enemy's tile, hence they can only counter attack with ranged weapon
2+: standard range stuff

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The way range in this game works is a bit different:

0 Range: means attacking from tile adjacent to enemy's, but you heading into the enemy's tile
1: Also attacking from tile adjacent to enemy's, but not heading into enemy's tile, hence they can only counter attack with ranged weapon
2+: standard range stuff

So each unit has a tile they can counterattack from, essentially. Tbh, it's not that different from normal FE range, it just has an extra step.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Truly chaotic Among Us.

Some players really do act like that, or do similar things, like lying about who they are or what they’ve seen knowing they’re gonna get voted off.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it just has an extra step

i wouldn't call it an extra step, just a different range mechanic.

Also Fliers can pass through units, and everyone can pass through them, and only ranged weapons can initiate on them. They can get counterattacked by 0 range weapons though

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Some players really do act like that, or do similar things, like lying about who they are or what they’ve seen knowing they’re gonna get voted off.

It's honestly really funny.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Fliers can pass through units, and everyone can pass through them, and only ranged weapons can initiate on them. They can get counterattacked by 0 range weapons though

That...... doesn't make any sense. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That...... doesn't make any sense. 🤷‍♂️

It does though.

Fliers are usually flying (Emiya Shirou moment), hence they can't be reached by non-ranged weapons, however to attack, they have to go down, hence they can get counter-attacked

Edited by Shrimperor

Hmm, so wasteful.

If you're going to attack in close range while atop a flying mount... just use the mount to ram. Acceleration of Descent + Speed of Mount = Big Force.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It does though.

Fliers are usually flying (Emiya Shirou moment), hence they can't be reached by non-ranged weapons, however to attack, they have to go down, hence they can get counter-attacked

Actually, yeah, you're right but I don't think that should've translated into the gameplay itself.

Ngl, as much as I think Kaga is a hack, I am intrigued by how different Berwick is compared to even Kaga FE. But then I see "bows and arrows are separate" and "fliers can only be attacked from range" and I'm like "but why tho".

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you're going to attack in close range while atop a flying mount... just use the mount to ram. Acceleration of Descent + Speed of Mount = Big Force.

Spear users do deal extra damage the farther they move, and there's a type that can only be used by Cavs and deals like 5x tiles moved extra damage.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, as much as I think Kaga is a hack, I am intrigued by how different Berwick is compared to even Kaga FE. But then I see "bows and arrows are separate" and "fliers can only be attacked from range" and I'm like "but why tho".

NGL the only real Kaga bs thing so far is the rng bs with weapon durability, capturing and 1RN.

Even ''Same turn reinforcements'' get their turn auto ended if you trigger them if they are zone reinforcements or something.

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even ''Same turn reinforcements'' get their turn auto ended if you trigger them if they are zone reinforcements or something.

*War flashbacks to FE6 Ch.21 and FE7 Ch.27.*

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Spear users do deal extra damage the farther they move, and there's a type that can only be used by Cavs and deals like 5x tiles moved extra damage.

I remember that.

Still, would be more effective using the mount than a spear, hahaha. It's something I'm certainly planning to use in one of my many writing ideas.

IMG_20201006_003156.jpg

Anyways, I was filling out some FN points in western Primordia and I ended up getting to Noctilum's entrance.

IMG_20201006_000751.jpg

So I said might as well and went inside the rainforest continent.

IMG_20201006_001408.jpg

Filled out the FN point here before warping back to NLA.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i can switch him around with Christine to an actually good unit

Wait... Actually, you might be able to do this...

TICO CAN DIE, BY THE WAY. WATCH OUT FOR HALBERDS AND BROADHEAD ARROWS.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

attacked from range" and I'm like "but why tho

Tbf, there's, like, ten* flying enemies in all of Berwick saga. And basically all of them are in one map.

As far as I've seen, being at ch. 12 of 15.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But then I see "bows and arrows are separate"

It synergizes very well with the game' equipment system IMO, and also adds versatility to what your archers can do, so they're not just mages without 1 range that hit defense.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

w6cYuJ9.png

L O L
O
L

Oh boy, you get to meet Lane, everyone' favorite character!

Btw, Marcel's paralogue is awful. It's better than ch. 3, but only 'cause it' shorter and more predictable. It's...it is a very bad map.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

w6cYuJ9.png

L O L
O
L

Reminds me of this moment in Vestaria Saga

Screenshot_1917.png

Screenshot_1918.png

I actually forget the context of this tho. And I posted these screenshots in an out-of-context channel.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

so they're not just mages without 1 range that hit defense.

I mean, doesn't the different range mechanic ensure that doesn't happen in the first place?

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait... Actually, you might be able to do this...

just tested it, you can't xD

PRF Horse hahaha

makes sense ofc, stil funny xD

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

TICO CAN DIE, BY THE WAY. WATCH OUT FOR HALBERDS AND BROADHEAD ARROWS

DW, important horse dead = reset xD

Lost a Stallion horse once to a poleaxe after i missed a 99, resetted

xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_1917.png

Screenshot_1918.png

Lol

There was another line in the same scene i posted above where a man said to the girl

''you might get...wet''

r/outofcontext

Edited by Shrimperor