Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, DragonFlames said:

If you're planning on playing an entire trilogy of games anyway, then yeah, I'd say it's worth it, since it'd be more expensive to buy them individually.

Well, are they good enough for it to be worth it? If not, would buying them separately be better? 

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Well, are they good enough for it to be worth it? If not, would buying them separately be better? 

For the Dusk trilogy, I cannot say, since I haven't played them, but the Arland trilogy (Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, and Atelier Meruru) I'd say is worth it. The only one I didn't like from those three is Atelier Totori, since it's really strict with its time limit mechanic. The other two are really good, though!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

For the Dusk trilogy, I cannot say, since I haven't played them, but the Arland trilogy (Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, and Atelier Meruru) I'd say is worth it. The only one I didn't like from those three is Atelier Totori, since it's really strict with its time limit mechanic. The other two are really good, though!

Yeah, Arland series. (Did I not specify?) 

I want to play the whole series for sure. 

Looking forward to playing them! Although that has to wait. XD

Yeah, Arland series. (Did I not specify?) 

I want to play the whole series for sure.

Then the answer to your question is: yes, definitely!
And you just said one of the triple packs, and there are two, so I didn't know which one you meant! My bad!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Looking forward to playing them! Although that has to wait. XD

If you get to them, then I hope you enjoy yourself! ^^

And I'll get the fourth one as well. Making that 120$ or so? 

Probably, yeah.
Although as Armagon told you before, Atelier Lulua is really good. Best in the series, easily.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Then the answer to your question is: yes, definitely!
And you just said one of the triple packs, and there are two, so I didn't know which one you meant! My bad!

If you get to them, then I hope you enjoy yourself! ^^

Probably, yeah.
Although as Armagon told you before, Atelier Lulua is really good. Best in the series, easily.

Sorry about that. 

Thank you!

It'll be a while before I get that far, I think. But looking forward to it!

Sorry about that.

No worries! ^^

Thank you!

No problem!

It'll be a while before I get that far, I think. But looking forward to it!

Take your time! Atelier is the kind of game that is best enjoyed at your own pace!
Although I suppose that goes for any game, really... XD

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yeah, FE6 is designed with ironmanning in mind. Aside from Ambush spawns, that is.

I mean, that's all Fire Emblem games pre-16.

50 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

WRT Roy and boosters: it's perfectly viable to, like... not really use Roy much? Promoting at the end of 21 (or 21x if you get the Gaiden) means he has so many opportunies to get experience via simply chipping and the occassional kill. Once he gets the Binding Blade, he becomes a monster when using it regardless of how much he (hasn't) grown.

By the time he promotes, he's usually already Lv.20 for me. Which, you know, people say to not promote until Lv.20 anyway.

Roy's really not as bad as people claim he is tbh.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's too bad that one of the only ways to get physical Atelier in English is by way of a $90 multipack from Play Asia, if that's the one you're talking about.

Atelier rarely gets physical rereleases.

The triple packs in particular don't have actual English releases.

Anyways, @lightcosmo I wouldn't recommend getting the triple packs unless you are certain you'll like all three games in it.

Oh I'm too late.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Gotcha! Thanks again for the help! And sorry for asking so many silly questions!

It's okay! No such thing as a silly or dumb question!
I'm happy to help! ^^

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Now the decision, to buy or not to buy the 4th one...

I'd greatly recommend it, but ultimately, the choice is yours!

---

RIP Brownie...
Bitten to death by a dinosaur because I wanted to get a treasure chest... *sniff*
oEgAHG7.png

F in the chat for Best Bear.

He died valiantly, protecting its owner and best friend (headcanon-wise, anyway) from the jaws of a prehistoric predator...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jk, I can just revive him at the Inn.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, @lightcosmo I wouldn't recommend getting the triple packs unless you are certain you'll like all three games in it.

Oh I'm too late.

I haven't actually played yet, I was just goofing. So I pay 40$ for two. Wouldnt it be worth paying the extra 10 for a whole game?

Right now I'm sitting at 114$ on my account with alot of gold points saved as well. Just gotta add 20$ more.

Edit: payed you moron, not played!

Edited by lightcosmo
I am unable to properly type I guess.

I haven't actually played yet, I was just goofing. So I pay 40$ for two. Wouldnt it be worth paying the extra 10 for a whole game?

You do spend less by getting the triple pack but like, in my experience, both the Arland trilogy and the Dusk trilogy have one game I wasn't a fan of.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, okay... which two are best? Of the arland series, I mean.

Well the Arland tier list is 

Lulua > Rorona > Meruru >>>>>>>> Totori. 

Atelier Totori is by far the worst game in the series that I've played.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, that's all Fire Emblem games pre-16.

Eh, I'd say that FE7, 8 and 10 aren't ironman-friendly. But still, the majority of FEs were, yes.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Out of curiosity, have you played HM? In my experience he does fine on Normal mode, but on HM more powerful foes will fell him in one attack. (Granted, it takes a mistake to let Roy get attacked by one, but still, he's not doing me many favors.)

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the Arland tier list is 

Lulua > Rorona > Meruru >>>>>>>> Totori. 

Atelier Totori is by far the worst game in the series that I've played.

so, Lulua for sure, then the other two are simply preference? Gotcha, thank you!

Any other surprises I should know about?

edit: how many of them have english voicing?

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Out of curiosity, have you played HM? In my experience he does fine on Normal mode, but on HM more powerful foes will fell him in one attack. (Granted, it takes a mistake to let Roy get attacked by one, but still, he's not doing me many favors.)

I have not but that's because I'm of the opinion that the hardest difficulty in FE games is very stinky. And just turn-based RPGs in general.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

so, Lulua for sure, then the other two are simply preference? Gotcha, thank you!

Any other surprises I should know about?

Uh, Meruru kinda doesn't tell you the true end requirements after you accomplish the primary goal. I'll let you know more if you get there.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry.
I'm better off just shutting up from now on.

?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry.

You're fine!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Uh, Meruru kinda doesn't tell you the true end requirements after you accomplish the primary goal. I'll let you know more if you get there.

Hmmm alrighty. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I have not but that's because I'm of the opinion that the hardest difficulty in FE games is very stinky. And just turn-based RPGs in general.

I'd say that IF you liked FE6, it'd be worth a spin, since it doesn't really add any jank that Normal doesn't have. If you disliked it, don't bother.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry.

Draggy, you don't need to shut up! We're happy to have you around, and this place would feel a lot emptier if you weren't around. Even if you feel worthless, you're not.  You're always a positive influence on my day, and many other people's as well, among other things.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

By the time he promotes, he's usually already Lv.20 for me. Which, you know, people say to not promote until Lv.20 anyway.

Same. Promoting at level 20 is eh when it comes to games prior to Awakening (growths are more important in FE13 onwards); the immediate buffs from promotions are too good to delay, and the chances of a unit going 20/20 is incredibly rare.

Roy is as bad people claim him to be. You've said you haven't played Hard Mode, and I think it's the hardest difficulties that really show how good or bad a unit is. Roy's perfectly viable in Normal Mode, but so are a lot of other units in FE6. It's like Donnel from Awakening: he's a great unit in Awakening's Hard Mode once he's reclassed into Fighter/Mercenary (even during a no pair-up run), but on Lunatic his awful start makes him unsalvageable outside of DLC grinding.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Draggy, you don't need to shut up! We're happy to have you around, and this place would feel a lot emptier if you weren't around. Even if you feel worthless, you're not.  You're always a positive influence on my day, and many other people's as well, among other things.

Yeah, Benice is on point. I completely agree.