• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fighters.gif

Honestly, only really a problem in GBA games. Outside GBA and FE4 i find i can get my Axe users to be pretty reliable.

FE5 has Osian, Tellius has Axes as best weapon types, DS and 3DS games have high accuracy over all, and FE16 has combart arts + axe skills. Berwick has Dean as the one unit was near always 90+ hit.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good morning, Shrimpy!

Tutturu!

even if it's 11:30 pm xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Tip for Chapter 7: the Wyvern Rider that on the top left only moves if you're 15 tiles away from him (it would have to do it's full move twice and still be able to attack you). If you keep that in mind, he stays in place.

The only issue I'm having currently is TP management.
Especially Tamaki (my Ronin) and Victoria (my Gunner) tend to run out rather quickly.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu!

even if it's 11:30 pm xD

That's the best part! XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tellius has Axes as best weapon types

FE9 is the game that turned me off of infantry axe users.
F*** Boyd (and in FE10 Nolan) for missing all the damn time.

Edited by DragonFlames

Imagine it being chapter 7 on normal mode and you’re an enemy who can’t get one rounded by the Jagen with a silver weapon

Edited by Sooks

Is one of Leonie's crit quotes seriously "You're fricked!"

Also, gotta say, reunion at dawn is Kaga-tier bad.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

"Pure grit!"

According to the FE wiki, although I can see how that would sound like "You're fricked!"

My headcanon is now that she is saying "You're fricked!"

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

FE9 is the game that turned me off of infantry axe users.
F*** Boyd. XD

Boyd, aka Mr. get critted by everyone xD

You never got to enjoy Othin and Dean though, so...

YgI3ZAD.png

Gd9Df1o.png

But you did get to enjoy Hilda, and you know how she is!

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is one of Leonie's crit quotes seriously "You're fricked!"

Welcome to the difficulty spike! It gets fairer though, since you’re not on maddening

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ight, time for hunting by daybreak.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hahahahahahah! Yeah, that was more or less my reaction too. Except I wrote more paragraphs, and I quit the game there.

Gotta say, Kaga never forced the player to play through a midgame map with growth units that they may or may not have used. Even stuff like FE5 Manster arc gave you plenty of fixed units to get through it. Reunion at Dawn, though? What, you liked faculty and/or out of house units better than your starting team? Your lord got RNG-screwed? Some members of your starting class got killed? Decided to make Ignatz a squishy mage because he kinda looks like he should be one? Too bad, it's softlock time!

For a game with such an emphasis on customization, a map that punishes unconventional setups is kinda unacceptable. Of course, this only applies to maddening. On hard, the chapter's really just a notch above mindlessly easy, like the rest of the game. But it's still a huge dickmove, nonetheless.

...Sorry for the vitriol, I just... I despise that map. I hate it with a passion. Probably the worst map in the series for me, simply because no other map in the series - even the worst shitters like Battle Before Dawn - seems to spite players as much for playing in unorthodox ways. If you didn't want me to use units outside my starting team, why give me the option to? Why let me do it only to punish me 30 hours later with a shitty map like that? It's the map that ruined the game for me. Made me quit my madenning run, and hard feels too easy to me, so... I just cannot enjoy Three Houses. Thanks a lot.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Boyd, aka Mr. get critted by everyone xD

That, too, unfortunately. XD

You never got to enjoy Othin and Dean though, so...

Othin yes (for a bit), Dean no.

But you did get to enjoy Hilda, and you know how she is!

Good point!
I should have specified "pre-Three Houses Fighters.gif" XD

---

I got a Grimoire Stone with the "Rolling" skill on it, which is apparently an attacking skill... (Grimoire Stones give characters the ability to use skills they wouldn't normally be able to).
I now can't stop picturing one of my party members rolling into the enemies like a bowling ball... especially the bear, whom I will probably give that Grimoire to...
XD

By the way:
oEgAHG7.pngjOGP0c5.pngmALLVkT.png
twlmjpT.pngXfGHQbW.png

Introducing the Draggy Guild!
In all its... questionable glory. XD

They are, from left to right:
Brownie (Class: Beast) - Victoria's pet and the tank of the group. He is always calm, but very protective of Victoria.
Dr. Jeff (Class: Medic) - Bought his medical degree off of some shady person. He insists on being called "Dr. Jeff". Just calling him Jeff makes him angry.
Tamaki (Class: Ronin) - The "protagonist" and leader of the Draggy Guild. She takes very mundane things deadly serious, is rather friendly, but has a very short fuse.
Catastro (Class: Hexer) - A massive chuuni who insists on being called "Catastro". His actual name is unknown, even to himself (or so he says). He tries very hard to be menacing, with emphasis on "tries".
Victoria (Class: Gunner) - She pretends to be very fierce and bold, but is in actuality a huge softie. She found Brownie when he was still a cub and she was still a child, and the two have been inseperable since then. She's also a huge Jack Frost fangirl.

The descriptions are entirely made up, btw.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Sorry for the vitriol, I just...

Don't be. 

We all hate that map anyway XD.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even stuff like FE5 Manster arc gave you plenty of fixed units to get through it.

Manster Arc is FE5 at it's peak though, and chapter 5 is still one of my all time favs in the series xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I should have specified "pre-Three Houses Fighters.gif" XD

Don't diss my boy Lot. He carried my FE6 Ironman hard. Guy had the defenses of an armor knight, the resistance of a sage, the speed of a hero and the HP of... Well, a warrior. He was invincible the whole game.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Manster Arc is FE5 at it's peak though, and chapter 5 is still one of my all time favs in the series xD

Oh, I absolutely agree. I just brought it up as an example of FE maps with static teams and set-ups. Manster arc does it well. Three Houses Chapter 13 does not.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, this only applies to maddening. On hard, the chapter's really just a notch above mindlessly easy, like the rest of the game

Unless Byleth gets ORKO'd by enemy assassins, that is.

Like mine.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't diss my boy Lot. He carried my FE6 Ironman hard. Guy had the defenses of an armor knight, the resistance of a sage, the speed of a hero and the HP of... Well, a warrior. He was invincible the whole game.

My experiences with Fighters in nearly any FE game not named Three Houses is...
"Miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, Fighter dead". XD

The one glorious exception is Barst in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

Edited by DragonFlames