• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I am finally... FINALLY.... free from chapter 7. HOORAY!! I also arena abused Rutger up just a tad, and he procced strength :3 since he’s a myrmidon in a gba game and I think this is the first time I’m guessing that’s rare. I needed his killing edge to beat the boss though, RIP Rutger’s killing edge. Saul and Dorothy also got C support.

There are Three Myrmidon/Swordmasters in FE6-The last one joins in ch. 23 of 25, and you need Bartre or Fir to recruit him.

EDIT: Oh, you mean Strongth. Well, 30 growth isn't bad, although his main selling point is him having around 9-11 strength on HM and ability to promote in chapter 7.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Please tell me chapter 8 doesn’t have any wyvern riders...

Nope! You don't see any wyverns until ch. 13.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice

found it finally XD

Yo, I love this one! I think it plays in Ruby's paralogue as well...

Speaking of, this is a good paralogue for Ruby, since everything has axes.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I might try training Ruby in some sidequests if i still can after i finish training enid

Good luck!

*I can't promise that this theme plays, this game's theme names frequently seem to have little to do with their events.

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good luck!

Thanks!

I will need it for sure because Enid is lvl7 and still didn't get any MAG...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

this game's theme names frequently seem to have little to do with their events.

ikr

I played some more Ys Origin today. Made it to the Flooded Prison and got the Silver Necklace, which lets me sprint. What's neat is that i can toggle a setting to always sprint, which i did.

Anyways, now i'm fighting Epona (why did Falcom name her Epona, that name only invokes the horse) and she's kicking my ass. Which apparently isn't supposed to happen so looks like i'm bad at the game. But in my experience, she's moving way too fast and doesn't really have any lag. So far, i've had the most luck with just doing drive-bys with Whirlwind.

Also i found out that this game does not let you heal during a boss fight. And it's not just Origin, every classic Ys game doesn't allow healing during boss fights and even though the boss fights aren't that long, not being able to heal while in one is very cringe.

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

That logic I think only works if the game designers intended for every character to be equally viable. Up until Awakening, that was never the case for Fire Emblem. It's why "replacement" units like Treck, Cath, and Fir in FE6 are worse compared to units you get earlier that share their class, or literally why any other cavalier in FE1/3 book 1/FE11 is worse than Abel and Cain (with exception to Hardin).

Well that depends on how the devs determined viability in the first place. Kaga probably just determines via ironmanning (i heard he play tested Vestaria by ironmanning it probably explains why the second half of the game stops being fun) but idk about IntSys. Like, look at the Est units. They are almost always looked down upon but i wouldn't be surprised if IntSys considers them viable.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, gotta say, reunion at dawn is Kaga-tier bad.

Reunion at Dawn is honestly like reason #1 why Crimson Flower is the best route. Because it's the only route to not have it.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think there's any FE that doesn't have maps i absolutely despise lol

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Anyways, my least favorite map by game I've played:

Oh here's a fun game. Let me try.

• FE2/15: That desert map with the fortress in the center.
  • FE3: That desert map with the flying dragons that had like 10 range on their movement. It's been a while tho.
  • FE4: The entire game lol
  • FE5: idk, i dropped the game.
  • FE6: Ch.21. Yes, i love zone reinforcements that don't. Stop. Coming.
  • FE7: Ch.27. Literally just Ch.21 from FE6 but it's a rout map now.
  • FE8: Ghost ship.
  • FE13: A lot of this game's maps are just empty spaces. I don't particularly hate any but they are pretty unmemorable.
  • Conquest: Ninja Cave of Doom. Fuga's Wild Ride. Ch.27+Endgame mainly because you have to do both back-to-back.
  • Three Houses: Ch.13 in every route that isn't Crimson Flower, Petra/Bernie paralouge, Golden Deer endgame and basically any map where you only fight Beasts. 

I didn't list every game but i listed the ones that had maps that came to mind.

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Please tell me chapter 8 doesn’t have any wyvern riders...

Wyvern Riders won't show up for a while i think. Ch.8-12 (this could be route dependant) is free from Wyvern Riders, i think.

Thanks!

I will need it for sure because Enid is lvl7 and still didn't get any MAG...

My advice would be to start savescumming, since the earliest she can promote without the liquid magic is...11, I think?

EDIT: I'm sad because Unforgettable you does not play in the Unforgettable events. Why?!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, now i'm fighting Epona (why did Falcom name her Epona, that name only invokes the horse) and she's kicking my ass. Which apparently isn't supposed to happen so looks like i'm bad at the game. But in my experience, she's moving way too fast and doesn't really have any lag. So far, i've had the most luck with just doing drive-bys with Whirlwind.

Hit, and run, and when she does Spear, jump + whirlwind if you need to escape!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also i found out that this game does not let you heal during a boss fight. And it's not just Origin, every classic Ys game doesn't allow healing during boss fights and even though the boss fights aren't that long, not being able to heal while in one is very cringe.

Ys 6 and Ys 2 allow you to heal during Boss fights. Healing would be too op during such short fights though. 

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

My advice would be to start savescumming, since the earliest she can promote without the liquid magic is...11, I think?

Yeah, i probably should. I really need to let her get her levels at Turn 5/10/15 so i can save scum xD

Don't wanna retry many turns just for lvlups XD

Edited by Shrimperor

Yeah, i probably should. I really need to let her get her levels at Turn 5/10/15 so i can save scum xD

You can actually savescum on other turns-Make a save state before killing someone, and if the result isn't what you want, load the save state and use the Suspend function, then load the Suspended file and try again-This changes the RNG, for some reason. Repeat 'till you get the good result!

well, i don't wanna abuse save states too much. I mainly use them for missclicks, or in turn5/10/15 if i sucessfully capture one there, because capturing in this game is pure bullshit xD

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

well, i don't wanna abuse save states too much. I mainly use them for missclicks, or in turn5/10/15 if i sucessfully capture one there, because capturing in this game is pure bullshit xD

Yeah, makes sense.

Should I be using Shanna at all?? She seems to have a low strength growth and this early in the game she’s pretty bad... but she is a peg ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Should I be using Shanna at all?? She seems to have a low strength growth and this early in the game she’s pretty bad... but she is a peg ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes. She's very good if you train her and becomes great after promo, upon which she gains the ability to use swords.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

@Benice for Faye's Paralogue, should i hire Faramir before hand? Does it make a difference?

Nope. Give Faye a whole bunch of Vulneraries, though.

Also, pro tip-Move Faramir away from the boss as your very first move.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Yes. She's very good if you train her and becomes great after promo, upon which she gains the ability to use swords.

Ughhhh... maybe I will. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nope. Give Faye a whole bunch of Vulneraries, though.

Yup i noticed xD

(Usually i start any map once before i prep for it then reload for it, because there's no save option at Battle prep smh)

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, pro tip-Move Faramir away from the boss as your very first move.

>60 Avo

Yeah...

Thanks for the Tip!

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hit, and run, and when she does Spear, jump + whirlwind if you need to escape!

Yeah, this is basically what i've been doing but she reacts too quickly and i haven't been able to pin down her pattern yet.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah...

It's actually because the boss has sleep. Faramir shouldn't be in big danger, but it's hella annoying. Sylvis is as good as always on this map.

Theoretically, you can actually end the map on turn 1 if you crit Arzovy through his Swordbane skill, or have Faramir with killer arrows.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Theoretically, you can actually end the map on turn 1 if you crit Arzovy through his Swordbane skill, or have Faramir with killer arrows.

yeah, if i get that sweet 25 hit kek

Oh well, time to get exp, and try to capture swarm dude