• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

For how much I gush about it, one might assume War Magus is my favorite class... and it kind of is, I will confess.

I'd say the first thing that really drew my attention to Etrian Odyssey was an article or something for Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard in the now-deceased magazine known as Nintendo Power. Probably because the class was new and didn't appear in EO1, they featured a fairly large image of this:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-10-07-at-3-07-34-PM.png

Alongside the image, an advertising description of the class, of how it mustn't have taken the Hippocratic oath and how it could cut into enemies with ailments in addition to powerful healing. I know I didn't read the whole article, as I would with every article in the magazine once I had matured more, but this sidebar snippet caught my eye. Hence, when Untold 2 came around, I knew who I was putting on my Classic team which sucked because it was pretty incoherent, despite miraculously reaching the 5th Stratum.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way, in Etrian Odyssey, you get EXP for fulfilling quests. And doing the above was one, too... so essentially, I just got a bunch of EXP for doing nothing!
I love it when that happens... XD

I always look forward to those big dollops of quest EXP. Moooooore levels please! I hunger to spend SP and bring my crew closer to becoming those fully actualized warrior gods I've been waiting for.

Quest EXP didn't exist in the first two games FYI, maybe not the third either. More reason to skip those older titles, because why bother with quests then? But it makes me sad we never got an Untold 3, I like the looks of Buccaneer and Wildling and would have to go back to an inferior game to try them.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

*Age of Calamity looking awesome with crafting system included*

c3608f5436a3c5380c812594d7a6514a28500aa7

Awwwwww, yeaaaaah!

Looks to me like they didn't want to get rid of Lana. Not sayin' there can't be real good BotW reasons for that, but KT wanting to carry over some of the spirit of their OC "anime" Zelda Musou girl sounds plausible to me,

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201007_145055.jpg

Did you make an "offering"? Even if you know, you should ask for its "blessings".

A high quality Xe-dom figurine, held up by rods because there's no way it could stand on its own, would be cool. Though supremely unlikely.

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Asscaves.

The most beautiful neologism of 2015, nay, of the decade! 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say the first thing that really drew my attention to Etrian Odyssey was an article or something for Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard in the now-deceased magazine known as Nintendo Power. Probably because the class was new and didn't appear in EO1, they featured a fairly large image of this:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot-2020-10-07-at-3-07-34-PM.png

Alongside the image, an advertising description of the class, of how it mustn't have taken the Hippocratic oath and how it could cut into enemies with ailments in addition to powerful healing. I know I didn't read the whole article, as I would with every article in the magazine once I had matured more, but this sidebar snippet caught my eye. Hence, when Untold 2 came around, I knew who I was putting on my Classic team which sucked because it was pretty incoherent, despite miraculously reaching the 5th Stratum.

That is a really nice story!

I came to love the class so much due to how versatile it was, how its healing had priority (and went off twice in one turn), and for how effective the Random Disease/Ailing Slash combo was in my story mode playthrough.
Also, any team including a War Magus is a good team. XD

Quest EXP didn't exist in the first two games FYI, maybe not the third either. More reason to skip those older titles, because why bother with quests then?

Oh yeah... that would be a good reason to skip them.
Although you do get some good rewards out of some of them, so you could cherry pick those and leave the rest alone.

Speaking of Nexus, I have heard that this theme was in EO3 originally:

But it makes me sad we never got an Untold 3, I like the looks of Buccaneer and Wildling and would have to go back to an inferior game to try them.

Closest we got was Nexus (Shogun became one of my favorite classes to use there), but I agree. I would have loved to see an Untold 3.

Edited by DragonFlames

So I've completed Ch.4. I was doing pretty well in the Goetia fight until she used her "fuck you" move and only Lao survived that. And then, he got 3000 TP with five seconds on the countdown and......he revives Lin instead of me. So TIL that the AI won't necessarily prioritize reviving you.

Eventually I just hit "lower difficulty" on the fight (for those who don't know, Xenoblade X has a feature similar to the Trails series where you can lower the difficulty of a boss fight if you lose in it).

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you make an "offering"? Even if you know, you should ask for its "blessings".

I did not but only because I wanted to finish the chapter first. But I'll be sure to ask for it's "blessing".

Btw, do Scenic Viewpoints not count as fast travel points in this game? I guess between Landmarks and FN points, there's be an overload in fast travel points.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Wow chapter 8 looks fun!

What? Ch. 8 is probably the worsy map in FE6. Uh, there are ambush spawns from where Wendy is as the start of the map, and Lilina must be moved on turn one or she'll die. And some archers from the stairs where Cath appears.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

What? Ch. 8 is probably the worsy map in FE6. Uh, there are ambush spawns from where Wendy is as the start of the map, and Lilina must be moved on turn one or she'll die. And some archers from the stairs where Cath appears.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

May i remind you again that you are playing FE6?

.............................................................................................................

Well, my Lilina survived not being moved at least...

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Oh I've heard a lot of people hate Wendy

Worst unit in the franchise, probably. She gets ORKO'd by enemy archers on HM. AND SHE'S AN ARMOR KNIGHT

But hey, she has the triangle attack on her side!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wat?

Oi...that sounds like fun.

https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe5/guia/ENG_cap23.htm

see the yellow squares? The enemy teleports at one of this points at random and directly moves. Without any warning of course. And they are Dark Mages, so any of your squishier units (like Dancers) will get one shot

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I've completed Ch.4. I was doing pretty well in the Goetia fight until she used her "fuck you" move and only Lao survived that. And then, he got 3000 TP with five seconds on the countdown and......he revives Lin instead of me. So TIL that the AI won't necessarily prioritize reviving you.

Eventually I just hit "lower difficulty" on the fight (for those who don't know, Xenoblade X has a feature similar to the Trails series where you can lower the difficulty of a boss fight if you lose in it).

I did not but only because I wanted to finish the chapter first. But I'll be sure to ask for it's "blessing".

Btw, do Scenic Viewpoints not count as fast travel points in this game? I guess between Landmarks and FN points, there's be an overload in fast travel points.

Really, that fight was pretty simple from memory.

Attack type defence is important, i reccomend closely watching what hits what type.

No, they dont.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Did.....did we play the same game? Ch.8 is pretty easy. 

It's just basically Miklan's map but larger. At least on HM, it's really tricky, though. And Leygance sucks.

Just now, Benice said:

It's just basically Miklan's map but larger. At least on HM, it's really tricky, though. And Leygance sucks.

Ok but this still doesn't explain how Ch.8 is the worst map in the game when Ch.21 exists. Ch.21 has infinite zone reinforcements, a turn limit and Murdock, who's already a tough guy on Normal Mode.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ok but this still doesn't explain how Ch.8 is the worst map in the game when Ch.21 exists. Ch.21 has infinite zone reinforcements, a turn limit and Murdock, who's already a tough guy on Normal Mode.

Ch. 21 is my favorite in the game, so I can't really give an unbiased take on it.

(The gaidens are all also quite terrible.)