Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep, that's exactly it.
Getting out of that rabbit hole is... rough, to say the least.

Yep. Although the one thing I can say, (As a child who doesn't even have depression diagnosed and has had an easy life) is never be silent. There are people who are willing to talk, listen and help you, even if you don't think you're worth it. You are. Everyone is.

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Playing Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 on classic mode is fine and all, but... I kinda miss the voice over options of Etrian Odyssey V and Etrian Odyssey Nexus.
Makes me all the happer those two games added that option, because it adds a LOT to the characters you can create.

ngl I kinda wanna try this game now.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep. Although the one thing I can say, (As a child who doesn't even have depression diagnosed and has had an easy life) is never be silent. There are people who are willing to talk, listen and help you, even if you don't think you're worth it. You are. Everyone is.

Thanks, Benice. It means a lot!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

ngl I kinda wanna try this game now.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same, actually. I like customization.

The 3DS eshop should have demos for all the games available on that system if you're interested (and have a 3DS).
If not, the older ones up until Etrian Odyssey III are on the DS, so you might be able to emulate them. Although I personally never played them, and the Untold games are remakes of the first two anyhow.

Also, dunno how it is in good old USA, but here in Europe, the things go on sale all the time.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The 3DS eshop should have demos for all the games available on that system if you're interested (and have a 3DS).
If not, the older ones up until Etrian Odyssey III are on the DS, so you might be able to emulate them. Although I personally never played them, and the Untold games are remakes of the first two anyhow.

Also, dunno how it is in good old USA, but here in Europe, the things go on sale all the time.

homebrew intensifies 😛

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

So is placing all of my units to be gaining support a good idea or will I just waste the support limit?

cough @Benice you’re the only one that knows these things cough

Eh, it's a fairly long game so it's not that hard to get A supports in my experience. (I usually get Wade/Lot A by ch. 5) If they're going too slowly, you can always slow certain pairs down.

Edited by Benice

WHAT IS WITH MY INABILITY TO RECOGNIZE THAT MOST ENEMIES HAVE 2 RANGE IN THIS GAME ARGHHHH

Again Chad...

Edited by Sooks1016

A unit dying right before the boss on a seize map where the boss is at the end and on the throne really makes you want to never touch the game again.....

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

A unit dying right before the boss on a seize map where the boss is at the end and on the throne really makes you want to never touch the game again.....

F

But yeah, I know what you mean. I was at the very end of an hour long chapter in the game not too long ago and had Roy die to an axe user with a 28 hit rate. Haven't gotten back to it since.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

F

But yeah, I know what you mean. I was at the very end of an hour long chapter in the game not too long ago and had Roy die to an axe user with a 28 hit rate. Haven't gotten back to it since.

Double F.

I underestimated how many hits Lance would take in enemy range, and... ugh this is like my 5th attempt at chapter 7

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I underestimated how many hits Lance would take in enemy range, and... ugh this is like my 5th attempt at chapter 7

Ahahahahahaa....If you think it's hard on Normal mode...

Maybe don't try hard...

You can recruit Jerrot and Treck on turn 2 by having Marcus kill the armor knight near the house they spawn from, as Mekkah does here, and place Shanna/Clarina/Lance or any other three mounted units as he does here:

(Mekkah is using a hammer on Marcus here, but an armorslayer will do the trick since the armor knights aren't so scary on normal, and the Silver lance could potentially also work.)

After that, Let Jerrot and Marcus, (using axes, ideally) deal with the wyvern knights. The reinforcements from the top will be triggered when you open up the door, btw.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also finally got some affinity max attack VI Aux Cores in Xenoblade 2! Then I realised... I could buy something similar with Noponstones. 

Nice! Well, you got more experience and length out of the game from the way you played it, I guess.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Atelier Lulua is almost done downloading!

Hype! Have fun!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ahahahahahaa....If you think it's hard on Normal mode...

Maybe don't try hard...

You can recruit Jerrot and Treck on turn 2 by having Marcus kill the armor knight near the house they spawn from, as Mekkah does here, and place Shanna/Clarina/Lance or any other three mounted units as he does here:

(Mekkah is using a hammer on Marcus here, but an armorslayer will do the trick since the armor knights aren't so scary on normal, and the Silver lance could potentially also work.)

After that, Let Jerrot and Marcus, (using axes, ideally) deal with the wyvern knights. The reinforcements from the top will be triggered when you open up the door, btw.

The problem isn’t that I can’t beat the enemies, it’s that I keep trying to rush through...

Like putting my thief and now my Lance way further than they need to be just to go further xD I do that a surprising amount...

I’m like mAyBe they can tank/dodge and they rarely do...

Edited by Sooks1016

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nice! Well, you got more experience and length out of the game from the way you played it, I guess.

Hype! Have fun!

Haha, I guess that's one way to look at it... 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I'd say that IF you liked FE6, it'd be worth a spin, since it doesn't really add any jank that Normal doesn't have. If you disliked it, don't bother.

I do like FE6 but my problem with harder difficulties in turn-based RPGs in general is that it all boils down to either taking it as safe as possible or overprepare the fuck out of everything and get it over quickly or both. Fire Emblem especially is really bad with this.

I don't mind playing harder difficulties as long as it doesn't cross the line. So far, the only FE that I've played on it's hardest difficulty is Echoes but that's because Hard Mode is the only other option out of two and Normal Mode is braindead.

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Roy is as bad people claim him to be. You've said you haven't played Hard Mode, and I think it's the hardest difficulties that really show how good or bad a unit is. Roy's perfectly viable in Normal Mode, but so are a lot of other units in FE6. It's like Donnel from Awakening: he's a great unit in Awakening's Hard Mode once he's reclassed into Fighter/Mercenary (even during a no pair-up run), but on Lunatic his awful start makes him unsalvageable outside of DLC grinding.

See you're right but if any unit sucks in the hardest difficulties, it's most likely not actually their fault and is just the game being bad at making hard difficulties in the first place imo.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Said without telling lightcosmo anything about WHY it would be worth it, or taking their preferences in games into account.

Ah. Yeah, this isn't that big of a deal. I apologize if I made you feel down.

22 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Me in Conquest Ch.17.

Edited by Armagon

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Atelier Lulua is almost done downloading!

The hype is real! I hope you enjoy it! ^^
mexTwlA.jpg

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah. Yeah, this isn't that big of a deal. I apologize if I made you feel down.

Ah, no worries! It wasn't your fault! ^^

---

Aaaand Tamaki (which is the name I gave my Ronin) just insta-killed an F.O.E.
Never thought I'd ever see Beheading Cut's insta-kill property actually trigger.

mALLVkT.png
This here is MY bae. XD

Edited by DragonFlames
It's Beheading CUT, actually. My bad!