• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201006_003156.jpg

Fair point. I'd add many enemies in BotW are gathered in relatively small areas IIRC, often those skull-shaped hollow rocks or tree camps. Enemy density is rather low there, whereas they're a lot more present in XCX. Though enemies that lose their aggression once you get enough above their level, and enemies that are never aggressive at all may help with XCX's higher density not being bothersome. Although I haven't played BotW in a while. And XCX is an RPG, whereas Zelda is Action-Adventure with at most RPG elements, I think fighting may inherently matter more with the former genre than the latter.

And let's not talk about the dearth of enemy variety in BotW. It's both a gameplay and a world-visuals/vibrancy problem.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201006_001408.jpg

Filled out the FN point here before warping back to NLA.

I'm not sure if I ever actually ever agro'ed them, but those Diluses in the lower left of this screenshot put me on edge, the area feels just a little too compact to have them there. Though I do like the "naturalness" of it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201006_010503_1.jpg

With the exception of playing video games, a-men!

Reading that, for a moment, I felt what the Commercial and Residential Districts were supposed to be, a semblance of the old, normal life on Earth now seemingly impossible but attempted in very dire, totally alien to anything humanity has ever experienced, circumstances.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

IMG_20201006_011130.jpg?width=768&height

Fellas, you ever just stand in a dark alley drinking coffee at 2 AM?

(I like to believe he's drinking coffee right here).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

is that a redditor in XBX i spot?

I mean, the game does take place in 2054. There's definitly a headcanon where the older members of the cast were on Reddit at one point.

Also, Lin's canonically into Skell fanfiction.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And XCX is an RPG, whereas Zelda is Action-Adventure with at most RPG elements, I think fighting may inherently matter more with the former genre than the latter.

Of course, there is a fundamental difference but one of my main hopes for BotW 2 is that the world feels more "lived in" like X does. Even with the fundamental difference, i would hope BotW 2 doesn't has as many empty spots.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure if I ever actually ever agro'ed them, but those Diluses in the lower left of this screenshot put me on edge, the area feels just a little too compact to have them there. Though I do like the "naturalness" of it.

The compactness of the area (this section at least) is why i reduced my speed to normal. I fully expected camouflaged enemies so i wanted to take it easy and not run into anything nasty by accident.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reading that, for a moment, I felt what the Commercial and Residential Districts were supposed to be, a semblance of the old, normal life on Earth now seemingly impossible but attempted in very dire, totally alien to anything humanity has ever experienced, circumstances.

Mmmhmm. If you just look directly in front of you, the Commercial and Residential Districts are very familiar-looking but then you simply have to look up to see the walls of NLA. Look up higher and see the alien skies. A good contrast.

And also (spoilers)

Spoiler

The Commercial and Residential Districts do kinda drive home the point that humanity was only able to survive because Elma came and warned them about the upcoming threat, bringing tech that could save them with her. If the Commercial and Residential Districts are anything to go by, 2054 Earth wasn't that technologically advanced compared to right now, they just ended up getting a cheat code.

>Save point at Boss

>Tries to capture boss

>own unit gets captured instead

>keeps reloading

>RNG have mercy pls

SPW6xmP.png

What good friends

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm... maybe one of these guys?:

358?cb=20120520075438

You need to keep the Beast alive if you're using that, why not make it the best healer around? And it's the alternative to a War Magus if you don't want one of those because of the story party. The Ronin is a little squishy, so the Beast can help protect it.

Great idea! I would use a War Magus, but for the sake of variety from the story team, Medic is a good alternative!

For the Ronin, stay 60 feet away from the Peerless Combo! I repeat, stay away from Peerless Combo!📣 You can use that, but wait a little while, it needs a lot of SP to get to full power. Just Rest when you think you've enough for it.

• Besides that, well you run into the problem of do you invest in all the Stances, or do you prioritize one? Looking at the skill tree, I'd say pick one stance as your primary focus and expand later into the others. 
  • If you want Peerless Stance to use whichever stance skill you want, you'll probably have to forgo getting the magical elemental attacks because they take a bunch of SP off the beaten path, though having having Swallow Strike, Moon Shadow, and Ground Strike make for complete physical coverage.

Noted!
I think I'll pick the first option here, because having full physical AND elemental coverage sounds great (although I may have the Gunner take care of the elements instead, depending on how it turns out in practice).
If all else fails, I can supplement missing skill points through Grimoires if necessary.

For the Gunner, if you want to use Point Blank, that Beast would be great. The Beast would help too if you used the Charged Shots and Burst Shot, because they really slow you down and the Gunner takes 50% more damage until they attack on that turn. Burst Shot at 20 is 485%, the Charged Shots are 380% for the elemental ones and 450% for the pure Stab, the safer, cheaper, and weaker Rounds are 325%. Ricochet has an accuracy penalty, but if all hits land, it's 484% or 605% at 20.

Noted again!
With damage output like that, how could I say no?

Not sure what'd be a great final member for a Ronin-Beast-Gunner-Medic team if you ran with that. The Ronin and Gunner would offer good attack element flexibility, though you won't have Ailments and only the Gunner Binds (I don't know what their Luck stat is).

The Gunner's Luck shouldn't be too bad, but if all else fails, I can give them a Luck Ring.
And for the 5th member, if I'm missing ailments (and I do), I'm actually considering using a Hexer for those.

So my party would be Ronin-Beast-Gunner-Medic-Hexer.
Sounds fun! I think I'll try it like that!

Thank you very much for your help! ^^

Here is a skill simulator for EOU2.: https://aturfah.github.io/eo2u-skillsim/ I think the numbers it has align with the datemined numbers found here.: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/faqs/73368

Oh, nice! Never knew one of these existed! Thanks!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

'you might get...wet''

r/outofcontext

To be fair, with context that one gets even worse.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Then the Solution is easy

coup Volcens and make Sylvis the King

xD

She's already the King of my heart.

...Goddamnit I hate that you can't strike text or change its size in mobile.

Anyway, maybe not Sylvis, but Sienna? Definitely. She's so much better than her brother it's not even funny.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Save point at Boss

>Tries to capture boss

>own unit gets captured instead

Hahahahaha! How'd that even happen...?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, maybe not Sylvis, but Sienna? Definitely. She's so much better than her brother it's not even funny

I, for one, Welcome Sienna as the queen of Kaga Saga

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha! How'd that even happen...?

ya know, failing to cripple boss then getting one of my own units crippled xD

Thankfully it was exactly at turn 5, so it was time to save scum until i captured him haha

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hate that you can't strike text or change its size in mobile.

You can't change size but you can strike through text.

AddA08E9CBE-4750-4555-868F-BF4B67971EBE.jpeg.de40933a37e07cf0b8a80ac3aca132e5.jpeg immediately before and after what you want to strike through and it will automatically add that when you post.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Add and immediately before and after what you want to strike through and it will automatically add that when you post.

Oh, good to know.

...If I knew what to type. You tried to show me, but you just struck through the "and" by accident, haha.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, good to know.

...If I knew what to type. You tried to show me, but you just struck through the "and" by accident, haha.

I just edited the post. Even in quotes, it automatically struck through the word and anyway.

Edited by twilitfalchion

So apparently different chapters/characters happen depending on whether or not I visit a village in chapter 9 (and don’t visit another one? What exactly changes?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

So apparently different chapters/characters happen depending on whether or not I visit a village in chapter 9 (and don’t visit another one? What exactly changes?

For the next two chapters, you'll get different maps depending on which village you visit. The units are mostly the same, except for two, a female hero and a warrior. Those two are exclusive to their routes.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

You get one of two routes. Route A automatically happens if you don't visit any villages in Ch.9 (recommended since you get better units), and Route B happens if you visit the village closest to the top-right part of the map.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

You get one of two routes. Route A automatically happens if you don't visit any villages in Ch.9 (recommended since you get better units, and a very useful dancer), and Route B happens if you visit the village closest to the top-right part of the map.

Actually, route A also happens if you visit the village with the killer bow. And you get a bard in route B who's virtually the same unit, so that's not really a selling point for route A.