Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 5/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, gnip said:

I'll notify you on how often I'm going to have to restart Clash! once I get there, if it'll make you feel any better.

@Saint Rubenio I didn't keep count while messing around with the first two or three turns, but I believe I fought the Paladins that start below the boss (which should be a decent indicator for a serious attempt) four times in total.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Light novel title length?

Yh the length

It's getting ridiculous xD

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now video games are being infected.

Noooo

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

No. It seems she just did. Kinda like Medeus' first resurrection. He also came back somehow, but we don't know how.

Maybe it's a thing for sufficient powerful dragons/manaketes. Or maybe Naga's "death" wasn't that and she simply went into a thousand-year coma...

... wait a second...

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do have some repetitive lines.

Well, what Berwick Saga does is just... make stuff happen. Craptastic way to put it, I know, but really, that's all there is.

supports just got destroyed

Sometimes multiple characters have intertwined arcs - the biggest example being four whole characters loosely connected to each other.

I didn’t know Kaga was open enough to include a foursome

rhfow9Nz_o.png

Look, it's not just two faces on top of a JPEG!

FE in shambles

So you get this funny role reversal moment where, instead of the young idealistic hero talking his rigid pragmatist advisor into getting into unnecessary trouble for the sake of the downtrodden, it's the other way around.

Ward based. Assuming that’s who you’re talking about.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The only thing support system has over other similiar systems in other jrpgs is that it isn't MC only, but has the whole cast involved in it.

Other than that it's a pretty shit system honestly.

So true (not that I’ve played that many jrpgs)

But a tolerable one unlike others i shall not name

Too true

pHuVfAo.png

How do you even remember titles like these? I mean, it has to work, otherwise people would stop using them, but how do you distinguish between That One Romcom With The Long-Ass Title and That One Romcom With The Long-Ass Title #2?

1 hour ago, gnip said:

@Saint Rubenio I didn't keep count while messing around with the first two or three turns, but I believe I fought the Paladins that start below the boss (which should be a decent indicator for a serious attempt) four times in total.

Now imagine how much of that time you could've spent playing a good FE

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t know Kaga was open enough to include a foursome

Kaga's a pretty open minded man, as long as an underaged girl is involved, he's fine with anything.

...My running theory is that Berwick Saga had a really hands-on editor pushing back on Kaga's ideas, which is why Berwick Saga is the most palatable of his games. It still has shenanigans, but like... less.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ward based. Assuming that’s who you’re talking about.

It was, and he is. He's also a brilliant Jeigan that's simultaneously Endgame Ready from the get go and also not even close to broken. Top tier unit design, and a great character in the story. What's not to like?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How do you even remember titles like these? I

Don't ask me lol

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but how do you distinguish between That One Romcom With The Long-Ass Title and That One Romcom With The Long-Ass Title #2?

This is not a romcom xD

Infact i think romcoms still have acceptable titles

Sometimes

Lol

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. It still has shenanigans, but like... less.

He put it all in Simpette Ü

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's not to like?

Beard 😛

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He put it all in Simpette Ü

I always said it, they struck a deal. Kaga gets chapter 14, and then he has to dial it back for the rest of the game. He still snuck some of his shenanigans here and there, but editor-kun handled them as best they could.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Beard 😛

Is this your character trait now? "I'm going to hate on beards to annoy Ruben"?

Anyway, you're wrong and the teens aren't as cool as Best Character Axel.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now imagine how much of that time you could've spent playing a good FE

All PoR needs is an emulator with a x8 speed button.

"an ecks eight"? "a times eight"?

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

y7DsNpz.png

That is a disturbing lack of silly hats...

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Why is Kris literally just alternate universe Marth

Default Kris, at least. You can also make them look like a pirate, or a bookworm. It's not great, but they get a little more customization than the future avatars, at least.

7 minutes ago, gnip said:

All PoR needs is an emulator with a x8 speed button.

And then it becomes fun all of a sudden?

7 minutes ago, gnip said:

That is a disturbing lack of silly hats...

Wendell hat top tier.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then it becomes fun all of a sudden?

2 hours ago, gnip said:

Clash obviously throws a ton of enemies at you, but in surprisingly manageable chunks as long as you're concious about "activating" groups that don't start aggressive. Dare I say that the enemy distribution is actually well-designed, despite the map itself being very Awakening-like (...he says confidently, never having played Awakening)? It mostly suffers from PoR's sllloooooowwwwwww animations.

Honestly, yeah. It's pretty fun to figure out the maps, how many enemies you can pull without being overwhelmed, and with enemies being Actually Threatening, your own overpowered tools (canter + 4-way dance is *fun*) become a lot more purposeful. "Forged Hand Axe Go Brrrr" doesn't work anymore when max Str Jill with a +5 Silver Axe only one-rounds enemy wyverns 2/3-ish of the time.

Endgame… there’s probably infinite reinforcements, huh.

This would probably be easy to 1 or 2 turn if you didn’t care about the clerics. However, no man left behind.

WAIT A MINUTE I HAVE 6 USES OF ANEW

39 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Why is Kris literally just alternate universe Marth

That probably explains why their entire personality “yes sire! All for lord Marth!”

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ok I know FE6 is kinda quirky but somebody explain this to me

How does it happen that Chad has strength 6 pts higher than Bors and they’re the same level? 🤔

RNG

Chad has 50% growth, Bors only 30%.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Endgame… there’s probably infinite reinforcements, huh.

This would probably be easy to 1 or 2 turn if you didn’t care about the clerics. However, no man left behind.

WAIT A MINUTE I HAVE 6 USES OF ANEW

Actually, it becomes easier if you do care about the clerics. Don't forget, rescue is E rank. You can just turn all the recruiters (except Julian F) into healers and then set up a chain of recruiting and rescuing that ultimately leads to Marth sniping Medeus. It's very lunatic viable, even.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ok I know FE6 is kinda quirky but somebody explain this to me

How does it happen that Chad has strength 6 pts higher than Bors and they’re the same level? 🤔

Chad has incredible growths to compensate for the fact that he can't even move past level 20 and universal 20 caps. On top of that, Bors's strength growth is actually pretty bad.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, it becomes easier if you do care about the clerics. Don't forget, rescue is E rank. You can just turn all the recruiters (except Julian F) into healers and then set up a chain of recruiting and rescuing that ultimately leads to Marth sniping Medeus. It's very lunatic viable, even.

Chad has incredible growths to compensate for the fact that he can't even move past level 20 and universal 20 caps. On top of that, Bors's strength growth is actually pretty bad.

You aint kiddin

A thief with higher strength than a knight... How dumb is that?

14 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

A thief with higher strength than a knight... How dumb is that?

Obligatory reminder that Azura has higher Str growth than Ike in both of his appearances.

Soooo you just don’t win if you didn’t train Marth and get Falchion? I mean manaketes don’t wreck Medeus like in the last game so I’m not sure what your other options are.

But I got an extremely lucky crit on Medeus so wooooo battle won world saved hooray. The map wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be because you can just wall the hallway, although I found out the hard way that earth dragons have 1-2 range because before the end, they were simply obliterated by the binding shield.

They pick four characters to show alongside Marth now that the battle is over: Gotoh, Tiki, Caeda, and… fucking Malicia? Really? That’s actually kind of funny.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wouldn’t that depend on killing Medeus in that one turn?