• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I…I don’t even know what this is meant to be Rubenio.

I don't know either, these days I just grab random pics from my misc memes folder to respond to your Emperorposting.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Either way, the discount's kind of pathetic, probably because the game only came out on Steam three months ago. But I'll take it, I've been looking forward to this game.

Shame on you for not waiting for the most greatest, best, most efficient, cost-cutting deal.

-I kid. I've bought plenty of games I know will eventually go on sale before they're on any discount.😛

Enjoy! Sifu sounds interesting, but I knows myself, and the reviews made it sound like two hits you're dead when young, one if you're old (I exaggerate somewhat(?)). You endured F-Zero GX with gusto, I gave up on the third mission on Normal.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No no. The left clearly wants to migrate those bad brownies into the social systems while at the same time they steal the jobs :Galaxyhead:

Also Putin was forced to do war or some bullshit

FfBIplm.png

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shame on you for not waiting for the most greatest, best, most efficient, cost-cutting deal.

Ze flesh is weak.

-I kid. I've bought plenty of games I know will eventually go on sale before they're on any discount.😛

Enjoy! Sifu sounds interesting, but I knows myself, and the reviews made it sound like two hits you're dead when young, one if you're old (I exaggerate somewhat(?)).

I've been dying for a good, challenging brawler. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is a game I adore, but it doesn't really work as a challenging brawler because the enemy AI is about as smart as Merlinus and Indy is as broken as Seth, and Yakuza 0 sadly ran into a similar issue after the first Kuze. This one, though... it sounds promissing. Really promising.

You endured F-Zero GX with gusto, I gave up on the third mission on Normal.

I mean, gusto... I don't know if that's the right word. I still have occasional nightmares about mission 7. That's a joke, but goddamn, I don't want to see Blood Falcon again in at least a million years.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Consider this *ahem* @Sooks the legendary Sooks% run is easier on TearRing than in Berwick. I mean, it's still kinda bullshit but getting all the not-mutually exclusive characters in one run is easier.

Honestly… I’m contemplating committing absolute blasphemy and not doing Sooks% my first run of Berwick. I’m not sure, but like if it’s a game with good story, characters, and gameplay, I might enjoy it more if I just used who I wanted whenever and fucked around and found out to grab the characters. Like I’m not sure because I rarely first play through a game without a guide but if each character has individual arcs to figure out I might just accept some losses and adventure on my own. I mean, it’s what I did with Trails in the Sky, if for different reasons. Plus Sooks% Berwick probably includes all furniture as well.

Although that’s assuming this obscure PS2 game has a detailed enough guide anyway lol

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

easy game

hot damn the lategame's just dreadful.

Noooo these are my least favorite things for these games to be.

Entirely Ordinary Fort

Don’t tell me there’s more surprise BS.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lmao, the whole plastic straws thing is supposed to be an attempt to show how harsh and oppressive this Green Party is, but it really just reeks of uber-privileged, first world “get a real problem” problems. Like this grown man is on the floor sobbing because… they’re taking away his plastic straws. Boohoo.

And are they littering as a form of secret anti-government protest? Yeah help to destroy the planet you and every other person will have to live on at least until Mars colony, way to stick it to the man!

I know this is a translation but is “afforesting camp” a real thing?

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lmao, the whole plastic straws thing is supposed to be an attempt to show how harsh and oppressive this Green Party is, but it really just reeks of uber-privileged, first world “get a real problem” problems. Like this grown man is on the floor sobbing because… they’re taking away his plastic straws. Boohoo.

xD

The whole sketch is a parody to show what many, especially those center of the right, think the green party is like. It has that stigma as "the party that wants to forbid everything" (which is bs)

Hence the "Based on true fears" at the end.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know this is a translation but is “afforesting camp” a real thing?

not yet but will be under a green dictatorship badumtss

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TearRing is also an easy game. Not as much as PoR, maybe, but sheesh I could not handle it in my latest replay, I was bored to tears. Considering Sooks is about as deep into the series as I was when I first tackled PoR, I have my doubts that he'll get much out of it.

It's overall easy but there's still enough Kaga bullshit I feel.

Overhere they say the alt-right party is the only one without a history of corruption, which is bullshit, they're all rejects from the regular right party.

Over here one of my favorite parts is "Democrats bad because you know they founded the KKK". Like yes, they did. Back when Democrats acted more like Republicans.

"Lincoln was a Republican" yeah, back when Republicans were more left-leaning. It is not the same party today because Republicans now proudly wave the Confederate flag. You know, the flag of traitors that Lincoln fought.

The alt-right doesn't think at all and sometimes good happens in that it bites them in the ass. Montana Republicans changed the state constitution to bypass Obamacare with "every competent adult should make their own medical decisions" then they tried banning abortion only to find out they can't because 'every competent adult should make their own medical decisions". Congratulations, you played yourself.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

American politics always arrive to the rest of the world with a few years delay

Fast-tracked too because 40% of Americans lost their mind when we elected a black man as President and they still haven't let go.

Republicans now trying to impeach Biden not realizing that in the off-chance they succeed, that means Kamala Harris becomes President. And if there's one thing the alt right hates more than a black man, it's a black woman.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although that’s assuming this obscure PS2 game has a detailed enough guide anyway lol

SF has one but also remember that PS2 emulation kinda sucks sometimes. PS1 runs way easier.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly… I’m contemplating committing absolute blasphemy and not doing Sooks% my first run of Berwick. I’m not sure, but like if it’s a game with good story, characters, and gameplay, I might enjoy it more if I just used who I wanted whenever and fucked around and found out to grab the characters. Like I’m not sure because I rarely first play through a game without a guide but if each character has individual arcs to figure out I might just accept some losses and adventure on my own. I mean, it’s what I did with Trails in the Sky, if for different reasons. Plus Sooks% Berwick probably includes all furniture as well.

Serenes is a pretty nice resource of information that's... mostly right, and where it's wrong, I only know because I decided to do a minimum ranks run, which no person with sanity ever would do. In other words, the goofs don't matter and all the information relevant to 99% of players is good, barring some translation inconsistencies because only half the pages were updated by Aethin after the translation's completion.

In any case, I support your idea. It probably will lead to a fun first experience. Besides, not to worry! We'll guide you along where needed. There's at least two people here who have played Berwick Saga enough times to know it inside and out. For example, in order to unlock the Good True Ending, you must use Derrick in every map. His hiring fee is quite high, but he compensates for it with gruesome power.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t tell me there’s more surprise BS.

Oh, no, not ambush spawns. Berwick is not so crass. Oh no, the Entirely Ordinary Fort is a whole different beast. You've never seen anything like it in your life.

But that's a ways off, it's in the early-lategame. Instead you get to play through the best first chapter in like, anything.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's overall easy but there's still enough Kaga bullshit I feel.

The difficulty also spikes up in a couple of places, but still. I'm not saying "don't try it", I'm just saying, Sooks probably will like Berwick better. Probably. It's not an exact science, the human heart.

Republicans now trying to impeach Biden not realizing that in the off-chance they succeed, that means Kamala Harris becomes President. And if there's one thing the alt right hates more than a black man, it's a black woman.

Oh God, please let them succeed. I don't know much about Kamala, but she can't be worse than Biden, I mean for fuck's sake.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, please let them succeed. I don't know much about Kamala, but she can't be worse than Biden, I mean for fuck's sake.

If Biden wins the next term, which he likely will, i fully expect for him to kick the bucket haflway through and then

"American presidents can be elected to two, four-year terms in office (or a maximum of 10 years in a case of a president who ascended to the position as vice president), thanks to the 22nd Amendment, which was ratified in 1951"

we get Kamala for 10 years. It'd be really funny, not that i want a 10 year President.

Oh God there's an old woman boss in Sifu.

I can potentially have an old woman vs old woman battle.

Please let this game be great. I need to love it.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Biden wins the next term, which he likely will, i fully expect for him to kick the bucket haflway through and then

"American presidents can be elected to two, four-year terms in office (or a maximum of 10 years in a case of a president who ascended to the position as vice president), thanks to the 22nd Amendment, which was ratified in 1951"

we get Kamala for 10 years. It'd be really funny, not that i want a 10 year President.

Isn't that kinda... weird? Like, all you gotta do is be named vice president and then if the prez kicks the bucket you get 2.5x the years just 'cause? I don't know how it works here, but that strikes me as rather arbitrary. Watch, the reppies are gonna accuse her of assassinating Biden like they weren't crying about him having a foot in the grave for years prior

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't that kinda... weird? Like, all you gotta do is be named vice president and then if the prez kicks the bucket you get 2.5x the years just 'cause? I don't know how it works here, but that strikes me as rather arbitrary.

Well that only happens if it's before the halfway point. If Biden kicks it three years into his term, then Kamala would serve the normal amount of years if elected. Remember over here, when you vote for the President, you're also voting for Vice President. 

My summer financial aid for university is $755 (since i'm only taking one class). The class costs $745. My ass is not getting a financial aid refund this term lmaooooooo.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well that only happens if it's before the halfway point. If Biden kicks it three years into his term, then Kamala would serve the normal amount of years if elected. Remember over here, when you vote for the President, you're also voting for Vice President.

Right... Well, I wouldn't count on Biden going that easily. He is the devil, after all. Look.

Biden's_Hellscape.jpg

Look how devilish he looks. I don't know much about devils, but I don't think they should be able to die, right?

...Seriously, I still can't get over this picture. I ran into it in Conservapedia and I was convinced it was an edit until a pal told me "no dude that's actually real" and I was like "why would Biden's PR team do that to him?"

My summer financial aid for university is $755 (since i'm only taking one class). The class costs $745. My ass is not getting a financial aid refund this term lmaooooooo.

...yeesh.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't that kinda... weird? Like, all you gotta do is be named vice president and then if the prez kicks the bucket you get 2.5x the years just 'cause? I don't know how it works here, but that strikes me as rather arbitrary.

To be fair, they probably didn't expect a race between a 81-years-old and a 78-years-old, where dying of natural causes before the next election is ever so slightly more than a faint possibility. (also, it's just two extra years of potential presidency, on top of the regular two terms / eight years. The idea is probably that the inherited presidency only "counts" if it's more than half of a term)

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Seriously, I still can't get over this picture. I ran into it in Conservapedia and I was convinced it was an edit until a pal told me "no dude that's actually real" and I was like "why would Biden's PR team do that to him?"

The picture itself is so funny because it has conservatives going all "see, Biden is evil" but also at the same time "Biden is a dumb senile fuck who doesn't know how to walk" so like which is it man?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..yeesh.

I mean i can't complain, i really am just taking one class this term. It makes sense for the financial aid to vary based on how many credit hours you're taking.

I can't complain, because i haven't taken out a single loan (this is why choosing a degree is more flexible for me).

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Well, I wouldn't count on Biden going that easily. He is the devil, after all. Look.

Biden's_Hellscape.jpg

Look how devilish he looks. I don't know much about devils, but I don't think they should be able to die, right?

I nearly spat my drink, how have I not seen this before?

Reminds me of this great image

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/530/071/7b1

I don't know if Joe Brandon is being as meme'd as Trump was back in the day, but I am so fucking glad he was elected president during the post irony wave of memes.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The picture itself is so funny because it has conservatives going all "see, Biden is evil" but also at the same time "Biden is a dumb senile fuck who doesn't know how to walk" so like which is it man?

Same energy as nazis going "Jews are the inferior race! But they also control everything!"

Not to mention those guys who put both the Don't Tread On Me flag and the Blue Line flag on the back of their truck and somehow don't see the irony

Edited by GuardianSing

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

lol they put him in knight

More fun facts:

• Roger is faster than Nabarl (+2 Spd at the same base level, they both have the same Spd growth).
  • The only characters with a lower personal Spd growth than Palla (5%) are Arran (0%) and Bantu (-10%).
  • Malliesia (30% HP, 30% Def) has better defensive growths than Draug (20% HP, 25% Def).
  • Wrys has noticeably higher Mag than Yubello (same growth, but +4 base Mag even though he only starts two levels higher).
  • Even though he joins later and promoted, the only personal base stat that Dolph beats Leiden in is Res (2 vs. 1). Otherwise, Leiden beats him in every stat except for a Str tie, with +6 HP and +5 Lck being the numerically biggest differences.
  • To top the previous fun fact, Macellan's only advantages over Roger in terms of personal base stats are his Skl and his Lck. Otherwise, if Roger promotes without gaining a single stat point before reaching Lv.10, he's still better than Macellan (although Macellan does have a very impressive bow rank to give himself a technical niche).

New Mystery is a funny game.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just find it hilarious that this is them. This is Biden and his PR team doing this to himself.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I nearly spat my drink, how have I not seen this before?

It's the first image for Biden on Conservapedia. I will be eternally grateful to that site for introducing me to it.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Reminds me of this great image

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/530/071/7b1

The difference is that this one is legit. Biden memed himself more effectively than any of his haters ever could.

2 minutes ago, gnip said:

More fun facts:

• Roger is faster than Nabarl (+2 Spd at the same base level, they both have the same Spd growth).
  • The only characters with a lower personal Spd growth than Palla (5%) are Arran (0%) and Bantu (-10%).
  • Malliesia (30% HP, 30% Def) has better defensive growths than Draug (20% HP, 25% Def).
  • Wrys has noticeably higher Mag than Yubello (same growth, but +4 base Mag even though he only starts two levels higher).
  • Even though he joins later and promoted, the only personal base stat that Dolph beats Leiden in is Res (2 vs. 1). Otherwise, Leiden beats him in every stat except for a Str tie, with +6 HP and +5 Lck being the numerically biggest differences.
  • To top the previous fun fact, Macellan's only advantages over Roger in terms of personal base stats are his Skl and his Lck. Otherwise, if Roger promotes without gaining a single stat point before reaching Lv.10, he's still better than Macellan (although Macellan does have a very impressive bow rank to give himself a technical niche).

That's right - it goes way deeper than -2 base magic mage! The entire game's a mess!

So guys, when’s the next linked ironman happening?

xD

The whole sketch is a parody to show what many, especially those center of the right, think the green party is like.

phew, faith in humanity restored.

I probably should have viewed that as satire in the first place. I’m not sure whether the fact I didn’t speaks more on me or society… eh, probably me

It has that stigma as "the party that wants to forbid everything" (which is bs)

Anti-left propaganda in a nutshell

In any case, I support your idea. It probably will lead to a fun first experience.

Good, it’s not just me.

Besides, not to worry! We'll guide you along where needed. There's at least two people here who have played Berwick Saga enough times to know it inside and out. For example, in order to unlock the Good True Ending, you must use Derrick in every map. His hiring fee is quite high, but he compensates for it with gruesome power.

Ruby* (she seems cool)

Berwick is not so crass.

Lmao

Oh no, the Entirely Ordinary Fort is a whole different beast. You've never seen anything like it in your life.

Why, cause I’ve never placed Thracia? Entirely Ordinary sounds like the biggest code for Kaga’s Kaganess

Instead you get to play through the best first chapter in like, anything.

What if I told you I’d already played through it twice

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both, Biden is a cartoon supervillain.

“Expanding welfare, healthcare, and immigration will all lead to an even bigger mass of people for me to brainwash and help take over the world! Hwahahahaha—! *cough* *cough* shit where’s my meds” - Joseph R. Brandon, probably

32 minutes ago, gnip said:

More fun facts:

And yet he never gets used, poor Roger.

Lmao Bantu with negative personal growths. Not surprised they did that to him.

Draug at base is really just… not tanky.

Figures, Jubelo with his -2 magic base. Still used him tho.

This is the least surprising thing though, the prepromotes are ass.

but skill and luck clear, best stats

The funniest.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So guys, when’s the next linked ironman happening?

aslong as i am not the one to manage it or connect the units, i am in xD

We should be finishing our current one this weekend. We are in the last 2 chapters

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

aslong as i am not the one to manage it or connect the units, i am in xD

We should be finishing our current one this weekend. We are in the last 2 chapters

I'm curious on what the games would be and how many people might be involved

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anti-left propaganda in a nutshell

Anti-left rhetoric be like *The most insane projection you've ever seen*