Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So we all thought

Except it's still the case 16 years later

Yeah but she didn't know her brother was him before now right?

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So... if I get this correctly... Wow. I do have to take my hat off to Japan. Unironically, they managed to make this relationship so utterly contrived that it ended up being between a child and a grown-ass adult, and two adults and two children and incest and not incest. All at the same time.

Now that's just fucking impressive.

10-dimensional chess.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Anyway i honestly doubt it will happen lol

But people are blowing up because she still loves him and to him she was the only one to snap him out of the darkness

It'd be really funny if it does happen because that means Aka was willing to do incest but not Ishigami/Tsunami or whatever her name was.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but she didn't know her brother was him before now right?

yeah but she still loved him even after all these years

Infact she was doing it all for him, as the images shown above

She went full revenge mode not when her mom died, but she discovered his body - she became edgier than Aqua

Happy Fourth of July...

q5ijBPy.png

Wait... OMG, I did enacted that decision on the Fourth! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And the pace treaty with their defeat the day before! Double-combo! XD I had never noticed that...

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Happy Fourth of July...

q5ijBPy.png

Wait... OMG, I did enacted that decision on the Fourth! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And the pace treaty with their defeat the day before! Double-combo! XD I had never noticed that...

Finally, free healthcare.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Finally, free healthcare.

Amusingly enough, not long afterwards a Jacobin revolt happened in the US, and actually won.

xdytW9n.png

The Outlawed refers to slavery.

So... the ACW never happened in that playthrough. The issue resolved itself after losing Manifest Destiny, pft.

3 hours ago, gnip said:

This thread regularly reminds me of why I don't anime.

Oh, so when you say that, nobody reacts, but when I do,  I'm a Tsundere weeb or some nonsense like that. Very fair.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I told y'all it will outFE FE LOL

It is certainly rather above average Japan.

He did not. He only wanted her to live, kept rejecting her (to her annoyance and her calling him moralist lol)

Please tell me the manga portrays this as just a silly moment and that it doesn't pretend for a second that not being a pedophile is a bad thing

But both of them knew she was gonna die before that.

And her death with only him by her side, not even her parents, could be marked as the start of his darknesd.

Right. So what I'm getting from this is that this romance does not, in fact, lead to a School Days ending.

Too bad.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Right. So what I'm getting from this is that this romance does not, in fact, lead to a School Days ending.

Too bad.

That's some symbolism to say there's no nice ship out of it and be disappointed by it.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's some symbolism to say there's no nice ship out of it and be disappointed by it.

Shrimpy's always like "Ruben's a weeb because he plays Fire Emblem" but ngl I never feel more weebish than when someone does the School Days meme and I get it

Anyway, yeah. Truly a shame that there isn't a nice boat in this manga.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, so when you say that, nobody reacts, but when I do,  I'm a Tsundere weeb or some nonsense like that. Very fair.

Who needs the animes when you have classic literature?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do find it kind of amazing how some people are like "I hate how they killed off Mutt, why would they do that" like they hadn't been hating on him for 15 years. The Jar Jar effect all over again, I guess.

Joke's on you, I never hated Mutt or Crystal Skull either.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, that's an absolutely hilarious image. Who does that? Is putting a wrapprd condom in your mouth to signal it's secks o'clock common practice and I just never knew?

Memes

Anime Condom In Mouth | Creative Discussion | Know Your Meme

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Joke's on you, I never hated Mutt or Crystal Skull either.

I mean, I'm not saying that's you or that it's wrong to dislike the movie. I'm just saying, other people out there very clearly wanted to hate the movie from the outset lol

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Memes

Anime Condom In Mouth | Creative Discussion | Know Your Meme

Jesus fucking Christ, that's glorious.

20230704124015-1.jpg

A forest you say?

20230704124035-1.jpg

Sounds like a labyrinth.

20230704124041-1.jpg

With powerful FOES.

20230704124055-1.jpg

So deep it could be measured in stratum?

20230704124104-1.jpg

20230704124111-1.jpg

Ystrian Odyssey 🤣

I was already in the strong mood for a return to EOIV after like a decade since I finished it. Now I'm RAGING to revisit it! Thanks Adol.😂 

...What was I playing again? *Taps myself on the head.*

While I could prepare an entire list of reasons not to start Memories of Celceta right now, I did so anyhow. I didn't play very much, just to the end of when Ms. I Met You In A Cameo assigned Adol the general story goal of the game. Still a few very early impressions.:

• Visually, the artwork looks marginally better than Seven's, and graphically much smoother too.
  • Combat, a little boring, because of how familiar it is to me at this point. However, it is the last game of its four-game combat paradigm I hadn't played, after this, any Ys after this will be different. I might be it missing eventually, who knows?
  • Our substitute Dogi is Duren, seems quite likable, and I prefer him when it comes to looks.
  • I wasn't wholly immersed in the game, but it takes time for me to take the full plunge on pretty much any game, it's not a knock against Celceta.

...And that'd be about it b/c I played so little.😅 IRL matters distracted me and I chose to recharge for later. Do I play more today... or do I go for EO?😆

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

F0L17a8aIAoFhlE.jpg?width=474&height=674

Ah yes, the artwork of obvious (not) consent...

radiant-tale-3.large.jpg

Saw this image from an otome yesterday, all the comments in the article were having sharp-witted fun to the effect of "how in the world does the dev think this would be romantically attractive to any prospective player, or the ingame heroine?".

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I feel that cover needs context...

Good point.

Admittedly, after laughing through how much Celceta was making me want to play a wholly different game, I had a residual lowering of inhibitions that made me willing to type out the above response to it.😅 I might not have had I been of a less exuberant mind thank heavens I'll never be drunk and had Shrimpy explained.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I feel that cover needs context...

On 7/2/2023 at 10:15 AM, gnip said:

Sometimes I think that the main qualification for manga artists (apart from, y'know, drawing) is to come up with scenarios that result in a big innuendo-laden panel without any of the steps on the way being sexual at all.

(so basically, the context can go fuck itself)

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I'm trying.

(Shrimpy did try the "you play FE ergo you anime" shtick on me, fwiw)

Ai’ight... Back to my Sacred Stones game

Getting ready to start ch 15A and this map looks like “yikes” 😳

Dammit, we surrounded 

But, got just about everybody promoted, especially Moulder because @Saint Rubenio told me to, Lol... even though Natasha’s stats look better

38 minutes ago, gnip said:

Hey, I'm trying.

Well, try harder.

38 minutes ago, gnip said:

(Shrimpy did try the "you play FE ergo you anime" shtick on me, fwiw)

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I do seem to remember that.

Eh, I do have to admit it's probably even more incorrect with you. Pretty sure you've not watched School Days like I did when I was 12.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ai’ight... Back to my Sacred Stones game

Getting ready to start ch 15A and this map looks like “yikes” 😳

Dammit, we surrounded

Always throws me for a loop when people use this A/B terminology for FE routes. I can never remember which one is A and which is B.

Still, I know which map you're tackling. The saviors usually end up in greater trouble than Eirika's group.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

But, got just about everybody promoted, especially Moulder because @Saint Rubenio told me to, Lol... even though Natasha’s stats look better

Natasha's general stats may look better, but what about her stache stat? Have you compared hers to Moulder's? Trust me, it will come in handy when you least expect it.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Natasha's general stats may look better, but what about her stache stat? Have you compared hers to Moulder's? Trust me, it will come in handy when you least expect it.

What's this, Ephraim & Eirika Superstar Saga?