Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So I ran around to a grating chiptune theme, found an inn where a guy told me to give up and quit, then I ran around some more until a guy took 2 hearts from me instantly and I died.

May try again some other time, but lemme tell you, this game ain't got shit on the masterpieces of the ages the preceeded it.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the-great-blue-hole-off-the-coast-of-belize-in-royalty-free-image-1682795059.jpg?resize=1200:*

World's second largest "blue hole". 147k feet (44.8km) wide and 900 ft deep (274m).

Or:

MM8150-270627-02458_square.jpg

Underwater in a cenote near Tulum, also on the Yucatan.

I would prefer to stay alive.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I ran around to a grating chiptune theme, found an inn where a guy told me to give up and quit, then I ran around some more until a guy took 2 hearts from me instantly and I died.

May try again some other time, but lemme tell you, this game ain't got shit on the masterpieces of the ages the preceeded it.

This is the version without the live-action cutscenes, you are not playing it as God intended.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is there such a thing as a Nintendo CDI PC?

There is always such thing as ___ PC my friend.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the version without the live-action cutscenes, you are not playing it as God intended.

You are correct.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is always such thing as ___ PC my friend.

'Fraid not. There only seems to be one CDi emulator, and it lets you play for three minutes before nagging you to pay the developer. No thanks.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fraid not. There only seems to be one CDi emulator, and it lets you play for three minutes before nagging you to pay the developer. No thanks.

Imagine charging for an emulator.

Nintendo get his ass.

Just now, Armagon said:

Imagine charging for an emulator.

Nintendo get his ass.

Listen, call me mad, but I do not believe Nintendo cares half a fig about the CDI.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Listen, call me mad, but I do not believe Nintendo cares half a fig about the CDI.

I don't think they even remember it.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hopefully you didn't skip the tutorial.

I don't think the tutorial was in the version I played. Such a tragedy.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I don't think they even remember it.

They should remember and bring Harkinian and Morshu out of CDI hell. Put them in the next Warriors game or something. I guarantee people would fucking love it.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

It even has a really complex, colorful and dare I say it, Shakespearean plot to boot!

Ahhh, 2008 humor. So positively boorish.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, 2008 humor. So positively boorish.

It was released in 2009 Rubenio. Also the game isn’t a comedy, it’s a tragedy.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think the tutorial was in the version I played. Such a tragedy.

I think it probably plays as a demo on the title screen. Either way, it's pretty epic.

Edit: Nevermind. The video about the Faces of Evil tutorial shows that there is a Help option in the main menu.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I think it probably plays as a demo on the title screen. Either way, it's pretty epic.

I like how she does one of her dad's iconic gestures. Like father, like daughter.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how she does one of her dad's iconic gestures. Like father, like daughter.

Normally I prefer the Faces of Evil tutorial because of Link's attempts at having an attitude. But Zelda's facial expressions at the start are epic.

Speaking of attitude, there is another CD-I classic that not everyone knows about.

Edited by BrightBow

I was going to say something witty, but I was distracted by the fact that this song has the same BPM as the blinking of my text cursor.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Instead, play the best game in the series, Faces of Evil.

You should've played Feces of Evil instead.

I hope you have learned your lesson.

No! Not into the pit! It burns!

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sometimes I wonder if Miyamoto even mentioning them in a public space would get him an immediate within 24 hours lay off from Nintendo.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Normally I prefer the Faces of Evil tutorial because of Link's attempts at having an attitude. But Zelda's facial expressions at the start are epic.

Speaking of attitude, there is another CD-I classic that not everyone knows about.

Christ, the sheer "hello fellow kids" energy.

It hurts.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

No! Not into the pit! It burns!

The pit: A book.

After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we can talk about mercy! Take him away!

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Sometimes I wonder if Miyamoto even mentioning them in a public space would get him an immediate within 24 hours lay off from Nintendo.

This just in: Nintendo veteran Shigeru Miyamoto unexpectedly laid off. Sources report he was heard saying "I wonder what's for dinner" at the end of a meeting with other Nintendo executives.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, nothing gets the thread into full activity like... the CD-i games, pft.

Well, you know what they say.

All toasters toast toast!