Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Activate the Great Heart of the City
Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
Range: 1-40
Maximum capture: 100 people

Ometeotl Tenochtitlan.
The waterside city of Tenochtitlan is more than just a city.
Its skeleton of the soul of the tribal god Huitzilopochtli.
The outer shell is the soul of Tlaloc, the god of rain and drought.
Muscles made of piled megaliths.
A massive latent weapon that’s activated using the blood of sacrifices as a pipeline…!

A giant metropolitan robot. 30-50 meters tall.
(Tenochtitlan is on board in the cockpit.)
The city rises, somewhat taking the shape of Tenochtitlan, and the temple dedicated to the two gods is transformed into a long spear as it attaches together, turning into a weapon.
The blood of sacrifices once shed in Tenochtitlan is stored in the chest without spilling, and she uses it as a magical resource, releasing incredibly hot rays of energy.

Of course she has a mecha, why wouldn't she have a mecha...

10/10

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I thought about asking this as the date for the trip approached but I feel like I might forget by then so I'll ask now: @Saint Rubenio are there any words in Spain that I should be careful in saying? Don't want to accidentally piss someone off cause of dialect differences.

Also I just realized but Imma have to brush up on the vos prefix aren't it?

New Godzilla trailer

Title is "Godzilla Minus One" and takes place in postwar Japan. Basically every other Godzilla movie took place the year/around the year it was released, so I'm interested in seeing how this one goes.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Incredible.

Rixia's costume gives her an exclusive ability that sets enemy accuracy to 0%. Unfortunately it also sets ally accuracy to 0% as well.

Edited by Lightchao42

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

mPeEIB9.png

Vague difficulty settings...my old enemy.

Made even worse by the infamous difficulty mistranslation

So many other stories have it so "Oh jolly, the war ended so everything is okay now" when it could be so much more complicated and interesting than that.

That kind of reminds me of something I liked about the Utawarerumono anime, that it didn't end with the fall of the evil emperor they were rebelling against, but continued on into the conflicts the new nation they created in his death would face.

So you're telling me... that there was a Fire Emblem game about a rag tag group of rebels fighting against imperial occupation and nobody told me?

Can't wait to see how they mess this one up

They do so in multiple ways, and the least spoilery one is to say the game is split into multiple parts, and only part 1 focuses on this style of story. Although given the thing I commented on above that might not be the worst thing for you.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember this as the game that was enjoyable until about halfway through, and then it became almost as much of an exercise in tedium as its predecessor.

We'll see what you think!

Spoiler

When the father of Sothe's children returns? Yeah Part 3 is the worst, in large part due to forcing Ike and his crew to be the focus of that part again, when they should be playing a smaller role in that story...not to mention them all being juggernauts of the route so all their chapters come across as really easy.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Title is "Godzilla Minus One" and takes place in postwar Japan.

At first i thought it was a goofy title but with the premise being "Japan got fucked up in the war, what if we fucked it up even further" makes the title more raw. Very curious to see how it turns out.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Basically every other Godzilla movie took place the year/around the year it was released, so I'm interested in seeing how this one goes.

Anime trilogy went in the far other direction but it had a lot of wasted potential.

The director of Minus One also directed the Dragon Quest and Lupin III animated movies, which were well received iirc. So in theory it should be in better hands.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The director of Minus One also directed the Dragon Quest and Lupin III animated movies, which were well received iirc. So in theory it should be in better hands.

If I recall, the DQ movie had a polarizing ending.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I recall, the DQ movie had a polarizing ending.

Oh it did but as a whole the movie was praised. 

The ending felt like it was added at the last second.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I thought about asking this as the date for the trip approached but I feel like I might forget by then so I'll ask now: @Saint Rubenio are there any words in Spain that I should be careful in saying? Don't want to accidentally piss someone off cause of dialect differences.

Well, in my experience, people in this country tend to be rather lax on the matter of language. Just don't go around calling people hijos de puta and you should be okay, I'd say. Nothing that could be easily mistaken really comes to mind. If I do think of anything though, I'll be sure to let you know.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I just realized but Imma have to brush up on the vos prefix aren't it?

If you intend to travel to 1400 as well as Spain, then yeah! Otherwise, we haven't used vos in centuries. In fact, even usted is only used for the most formal of occasions. You'll go into stores and they'll use a casual tu. We address teachers by their first names!

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh it did but as a whole the movie was praised. 

The ending felt like it was added at the last second.

I could get the sentiment behind it, but I'd still wish it had just been a straight adaptation.

And I long made my peace that Nera will be forever shafted.

47 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
  Hide contents

When the father of Sothe's children returns? Yeah Part 3 is the worst, in large part due to forcing Ike and his crew to be the focus of that part again, when they should be playing a smaller role in that story...not to mention them all being juggernauts of the route so all their chapters come across as really easy.

Spoiler

My man! I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Part 4 is a lot more commonly derided, but I hated part 3 more because at least in part 4 I had a few Dawn Brigade scrubs to entertain myself training. Part 3 was a lot like PoR, in that I just watched the game play itself. Add to that the fact that I cared for them a lot less than the Daein gang, and well...

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you intend to travel to 1400 as well as Spain, then yeah! Otherwise, we haven't used vos in centuries.

Alright so my Spanish Honors teacher definitely lied to us then.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright so my Spanish Honors teacher definitely lied to us then.

You were told we use vos here?

...Yeah, your teacher is actually 500 years old. Good friend of Cervantes, he was the one that cut off his hand.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At first i thought it was a goofy title but with the premise being "Japan got fucked up in the war, what if we fucked it up even further" makes the title more raw. Very curious to see how it turns out.

At first I thought the title was because it's set in an earlier time period than Godzilla 1954 ("Godzilla 1"), but it probably would've been called Godzilla Zero in that case.

Minus One is getting an American theatrical release on December 1st, so hopefully there will be a nearby screening so I can see it.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anime trilogy went in the far other direction but it had a lot of wasted potential.

The anime trilogy could do whatever they wanted on account of being animated (even if the prequel novels were more interesting). In terms of the Japanese live action films it's just Destroy All Monsters ("at the end of the 20th century" or 1999 in the English version) and Final Wars (20XX). I think those two are a bit more futuristic than usual, but I haven't seen them recently enough to be sure.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We address teachers by their first names!

I see, so Spain is just Three Houses. Or maybe you would call one teacher "Professor" and the rest by their names in that case.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I see, so Spain is just Three Houses. Or maybe you would call one teacher "Professor" and the rest by their names in that case.

Not even. In Three Houses they at least call them Professor Hanneman, Professor Manuela, etc. Overhere we just go "hey Paco, I got a question" in the most informal terms imaginable. Often we'd even refer to teachers by their nicknames or shortened names. Sometimes we'd also go "profe", which is just... well, professor but shortened.

At most, more strict teachers get the surname treatment. Still no sir or professor anywhere in sight.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Where do you think Manuela comes from?

Fun fact: you know how a fuss was made about Manuela being a lewd word in Spanish?

Well... Yeah, not here. Manuela's just the female version of Manuel here and taht's it. It's entirely innocuous. Doubly so for me, in fact, because I did once have a teacher called Manuela.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: you know how a fuss was made about Manuela being a lewd word in Spanish?

Well... Yeah, not here. Manuela's just the female version of Manuel here and taht's it. It's entirely innocuous. Doubly so for me, in fact, because I did once have a teacher called Manuela.

Neither it's here. The whole thing was stupid to begin with. It's a valid and used name even in the places where it's also as a lewd word anyway.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not even. In Three Houses they at least call them Professor Hanneman, Professor Manuela, etc. Overhere we just go "hey Paco, I got a question" in the most informal terms imaginable. Often we'd even refer to teachers by their nicknames or shortened names. Sometimes we'd also go "profe", which is just... well, professor but shortened

Fun fact: When my brother was playing Three Houses for the first time he tried to name Byleth "Professor" but the character limit couldn't handle it so he just called her Profefe.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There was a fuss about that? How strange...

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Neither it's here. The whole thing was stupid to begin with. It's a valid and used name even in the places where it's also as a lewd word anyway.

I think it was in like, one very specific Latin country? I can't remember which.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Fun fact: When my brother was playing Three Houses for the first time he tried to name Byleth "Professor" but the character limit couldn't handle it so he just called her Profefe.

Should've saved the second fe, then it would've been perfect. Perfect!

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Yeah there's I think one or two countries in Latin America where Manuela is an euphemism for jerking off and they changed her name in the Spanish localization to Miguela. I hadn't the faintest idea till I read about it on the internet, myself.

I must say, I do see the humor in having two teachers, one named after a lewd euphemism and the other being one letter off of Handmann.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, reminder that ThreeHouses is, indeed, in Spain.

Trescasas - Wikipedia

Population of over a thousand, huh.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I think it was in like, one very specific Latin country? I can't remember which.

Yeah there's I think one or two countries in Latin America where Manuela is an euphemism for jerking off and they changed her name in the Spanish localization to Miguela. I hadn't the faintest idea till I read about it on the internet, myself.

Argentina, if I recall correctly. But, again, lots of Argentine women named Manuela too.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Population of over a thousand, huh.

May God have mercy on my soul.

You live close enough?

Ultimately, if they banned words just because they're used indecently in one corner of the entire market area, might as well just use ellipses for every dialogue box... no, wait, surely that's lewd too. Just have no text at all.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You were told we use vos here?

...Yeah, your teacher is actually 500 years old. Good friend of Cervantes, he was the one that cut off his hand.

"Latin Americans don't use vos but if you ever travel to Spain, you'll be using it a lot" - my Spanish Honors teacher, 2017.

What's ironic is.......there is at least one place in Latin America that uses vos in the modern day. The Maracaibo region of Venezuela. But like that's it, it's exclusive to them, nobody else in the country uses vos.

It's like Quebec.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can confirm, neither here. I have a cousin named Manuel Antoño. Due to pronunciation, it sounds a lot like "Manuela" and nobody bats an eye.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Spanish is just a funny language in general. The funniest language i'd say. English may be the international language but Spanish is arguably the richest.

I watched this before but i forgot and i'm now remembering what to say and not say in certain places. So when i go to Spain, restaurant workers will be confused if i ask for a pitillo (Puerto Rico also applies) and if i'm ever in Mexico, i should not ask where can i buy a chaqueta.