• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok boomer

But my parents aren’t in this thread. Don’t hate me because I’m playing Soul Reaver on original hardware.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

12 hours ago, gnip said:

Yesssss

Fiona is unironically fairly decent in the endgame... if you manage to train her up, that is. Her capped stats are quite good, and both her innate skills are kinda nice to have. Imbue with her decent Mag stat is not bad at all, and if I remember correctly, being able to rescue without stat loss means, at worst, that she can carry a support partner around for free. Plus, Earth support is always good.

Good luck getting her there, though.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good luck with that one. Not only is it impossible to train her, but even if you bother, mounted Knights don't really get the stat caps you want for endgame.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a good Quetzal. I used every scrub in the game in my RD run. It was so worth it.

You know though, it is speculated that Fiona was meant to be level 1, but they fucked up. It would not surprise me, her bases are just so questionable.

Now begins the Fiona Chronicles.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

The trick would be to give both sides nuance and not just have the bad guys be the alt-right *cough* Cold Steel 1-2 *cough".

Here's the thing, the bad guys can be fascists and still be interesting villains, as any story with fascists in it is a story about nationality, culture, and the path of least resistance. Ultimately that's a topic more complicated than FE has ever tackled but hey, a man can dream.

So imagine this, there's a sequel to Three Houses that takes place after the events of Crimson Flower. The Adrestians have successfully reunited the continent under the banner of revolution but they quickly learn how easy it is for the instability of violent revolutions fought in the name of freedom and justice to fall into authoritarian regimes, and the main characters have to deal with that.

Doesn't even have to be a TH sequel really, any game can have that kind of post-war setting.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Something something Fodlan something something

If I remember correctly, the closest we got to inner-political struggles were some side missions in Verdant Wind and Edelgard axing a bunch of the nobles when she came in power.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And like every FE, plot will get somehow hijacked by evil plot dragon of plot destroying doom

If they absolutely had to, they could make it like some of TH's final bosses where they are still at the very least interesting characters.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Turns out the Beautiful Nice Voice-Of-Peace Lady whom all warring sides acknowledge as an honorable individual is in fact a cult leader. You only find out coincidentally when her ex-cult sister bumps into her again and brings it up. Then it turns out the evil god feeds on the regret, and thus civil war, wherein the warring parties kill their countrymen, generate oceans' worth of compatriot murder-regret.😛

That's what I would fear most honestly.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Finally, Otome Villainess FE.

Would be a change from typical FE setting atleast, so gimme

Eh, I can vibe with that too I guess.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The trick would be to give both sides nuance and not just have the bad guys be the alt-right *cough* Cold Steel 1-2 *cough".

iWz3SZJs_o.png

(Can't believe I didn't have a screenshot of this before)

52 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Now begins the Fiona Chronicles.

You'll hear no complaints from me.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The PS1 game:

That doesn't look like Vandal Hearts 2 to me. Your crass religious views disgust me, you atheist.

DA:O update: Currently in the Brecilian ruins. That is all.

Really, not a ton to say about the Dalish questline. It's aright. It feels a bit like a missed opportunity to feature another clan than that of a Dalish warden, since it makes that origin even more separated from the plot than the Mage origin, but that's not relevant in this particular playthrough, of course.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Japanese sales are out, 401,853 physical copies sold. Add in digital sales, and it could very well reach 1 million in Japan alone in a week or two. (Meanwhile, Final Fantasy XVI has sold 401,376 physical in Japan after like a month on the market. Pikmin > Game About Doms, at least in Japan.) Sounds like a real success for Pikmin.

Miyamoto when a Pikmin game does well

Pikmin has always sold decently--every game sold over a million copies, which is more than most Nintendo series can say--but it's still good to see Pikmin 4 doing well. It will sell a Pikmillion copies! Though Final Fantasy XVI is both PS5 exclusive and catered exclusively to Western tastes to attract the Call of Duty audience, so it's not an entirely fair comparison in terms of Japanese sales.

22 hours ago, CyberZord said:

I've also been playing some Pikmin 4 recently. Oatchi's definitely the best part of this game and I have gotten a bit too attached to him. Gonna make my eventual playthrough of Pikmin 1 + 2 harder without my favorite space pup. 

I was a bit apprehensive about Oatchi as a mechanic when he was first revealed, since I didn't want him to take too much focus away from the Pikmin, but I like how he was implemented as a leader/mega-Pikmin hybrid. Don't worry, Pikmin 2 has Louie so it's good.

16 minutes ago, gnip said:

DA:O update: Currently in the Brecilian ruins. That is all.

Really, not a ton to say about the Dalish questline. It's aright. It feels a bit like a missed opportunity to feature another clan than that of a Dalish warden, since it makes that origin even more separated from the plot than the Mage origin, but that's not relevant in this particular playthrough, of course.

I don't remember that place. Is that where I commited genocide, perhaps?

Guys, I need ideas for conversations.

If you had to make two bossmen from FE6 talk, who would it be? Suggest anything if you can come up with something. I understand FE6 bossmen isn't exactly the hottest topic in everyone's minds.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guys, I need ideas for conversations.

If you had to make two bossmen from FE6 talk, who would it be? Suggest anything if you can come up with something. I understand FE6 bossmen isn't exactly the hottest topic in everyone's minds.

Rose and Maggie

Okay, on a more serious suggestion.

Idunn and Ain.

The Demon Dragon and one of her War Dragons. What would they think about that. Would Ain see her as just his creator. Perhaps even as a mother? How would Idunn handle the fact she is, in a matter of speaking, a mother. Family drama, pretty much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Rose and Maggie

They're definitely getting a talk at Arcadia.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, on a more serious suggestion.

Idunn and Ain.

The Demon Dragon and one of her War Dragons. What would they think about that. Would Ain see her as just his creator. Perhaps even as a mother? How would Idunn handle the fact she is, in a matter of speaking, a mother. Family drama, pretty much.

Hadn't thought of this. Duly noted.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Have Perez and Guerrero talk completely in Spanish between each other.

Okay that's just brilliant.

Good friend of mine came in with the late birthday gift. This time i got:

F2KGooLWAAAf-Hp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls: The 3D Platformer Collection
  • Dark Souls: Lesbians
6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Satireparty btw

No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For a sec I thought that was Biden lol

I mean, there's an ever increasing chance Biden's just gonna kick it during office.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Here's the thing, the bad guys can be fascists and still be interesting villains, as any story with fascists in it is a story about nationality, culture, and the path of least resistance.

Well the Sith do make for some pretty interesting villains. Vader, Maul, Dooku, etc.

they could make it like some of TH's final bosses where they are still at the very least interesting characters.

?

Edelgard loses all nuance in Azure Moon. Rhea loses all nuance in Crimson Flower and Silver Snow. Nemesis is a nobody.

but they quickly learn how easy it is for the instability of violent revolutions fought in the name of freedom and justice to fall into authoritarian regimes, and the main characters have to deal with that.

"When you've killed all the bad guys, when it's all perfect and fair, when you have finally got it exactly the way you want it, what are you gonna do with the people like you? The troublemakers. How are you gonna protect your glorious revolution from the next one?"

"We'll win"

"Oh will you now? Well, maybe you will win. But nobody wins for long. The wheel just keeps turning. So come on, break the cycle".

Watch Doctor Who.

Celceta endgame i think

Spoiler

Screenshot_7056.png?width=1123&height=61

Wait i thought the Akashic Records merely contained like, every invention ever made. Now he can rewrite that appearently?