Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, time for Future Connected!

... well, actually, my brother actually wants to see the ending of the main game, since he wasn't there when I beat the game. So... will play through that again first, heh.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

?

Edelgard loses all nuance in Azure Moon. Rhea loses all nuance in Crimson Flower and Silver Snow. Nemesis is a nobody.

I wouldn't say that exactly. Rhea feels nuanced to me because she feels like the most consistent antagonist in Three Houses. Her actions in CF don't feel like a good character going bad for no reason but rather a morally grey character who was at least always on the tipping point reacting to one hell of a trigger and going insane. The weight of her trauma and her actions feel consistent.

I can't say for Azure Moon as I've never played and have only seen story summaries but I have heard the idea that Edelgard becomes...whatever that thing is because she didn't have Byleth around to calm her down which is a pretty shitty reason I'll give you that. Edelgard seems her most interesting when she is an antagonist but not the final boss.

Now Nemesis may not be nuanced but I still think he's interesting, he has no dialogue but the lyrics alone of God Shattering Star give some intriguing implications on his motives.

Arise, you who cannot bear death
Raise your heads bravely and take up your weapons.
No more wishing for the corpses of your comrades.
It's time to rebel and liberate.
Warriors, gather to this banner.
Run! Raise the flag!
From the beast called God.
To take back our pride from the beast called God.
Warriors, shout to the earth!
Follow me through the wilderness!
In the name of rebellion.
Let your bodies tremble.
Let your souls do as they wish.
Like the wind that blows through Fodlan
Like the sunrise that colors the great Ogma.
Stamp it out, raise your voice, strong as a lion.
Our cries will ride the wind for a thousand miles.
Let it reach the starry shores of the sea.
Reach high and praise me, for I am the one who will liberate you all.
Pierce the sky, mysterious artifacts.
I am the embodiment of wrath.
I am the God shattering Star.

So I'd still say he's interesting on the basis of mysterious implication.

Also I kind of like how he's the only one who's pretty much just some guy. Like Rhea and Edel turn into huge giant monsters yet Nemesis over here is just a really strong angry guy. I kind of wish they did that more honestly.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also I kind of like how he's the only one who's pretty much just some guy. Like Rhea and Edel turn into huge giant monsters yet Nemesis over here is just a really strong angry guy. I kind of wish they did that more honestly.

He has a Major Crest of Flames, actually, so not exactly "just some guy".

He's as normal as Medallion!Ashnard in PoR Maniac Mode, perhaps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But if he's Ace, he won't want to do it![/s]

Oi! That a female warrior I see? Do not hide her face under a text box.

I still like Marisa better 😎

BTW good job

Spoiler

on writing King Fado back into your story.

That was a twist I didnt expect 

23 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

But my parents aren’t in this thread. Don’t hate me because I’m playing Soul Reaver on original hardware.

Would be nice if there were a version of the original Blood Omen without that godawful “loading” box that appeared for 10 or so seconds EVERY TIME you go to change weapons 🤬

That’s the only thing I didn’t like about it

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dammit, the game can't handle the letter ñ

Just lose the doohickey over top of it 😉

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

BTW good job

Hide contents

on writing King Fado back into your story.

That was a twist I didnt expect 

Thanks! That was one of my objectives when I started. A lot more stuff piled up after, but this was one of the things I intended to do from the onset.

Spoiler

To be honest, I never really intended to hide it. I figured most people would see the guy in the title screen and would go "okay why are you here" and figure it out from there. Hence why the reveal is so early. Still, glad it caught you off-guard!

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Just lose the doohickey over top of it 😉

That's not a "doohickey", it's a part of the letter ñ, you... you American!

Etrian-Odyssey-IV-29-07-23-13-04-24-749.

First boss.

Wait...

I do NOT remember this fight being when I first heard EO's recurring smash hit.😆 My recollection has it that I didn't notice how gooood this was until some optional quest baboon boss much later in the game.

Etrian-Odyssey-IV-29-07-23-13-05-55-768.

Reminder that Etrian Odyssey lets you ail bosses.😛

Things are feeling fairly smooth reaching the third floor of the first labyrinth. Haven't really run into any additional game overs just fighting randoms.

2MuN1yr.jpg

Just FYI, this is who Ruben sided with during his happy genocidal forest adventures.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck now that I recall, I was actually an elf. City elf, but still. I commited genocide of my own species.

Ah. For some reason I assumed you were a wizard. Probably because of your magical appearance.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said: 

Would be nice if there were a version of the original Blood Omen without that godawful “loading” box that appeared for 10 or so seconds EVERY TIME you go to change weapons 🤬

Yeah, it’s called the PC port.

1 minute ago, gnip said:

2MuN1yr.jpg

Just FYI, this is who Ruben sided with during his happy genocidal forest adventures.

Yes, look at the good doggies!

Anyway, she doesn't even have an ounce of muscle in her. Obviously the genocide was the main draw there. That, and I sympathized. The elves were shitheads.

1 minute ago, gnip said:

Ah. For some reason I assumed you were a wizard. Probably because of your magical appearance.

I do favor magical types in these kinds of games, but for some reason I went elf. Can't really remember why, exactly, I just did.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, and I sympathized. The elves were shitheads.

Eh, to be fair, it's only their head honcho who was a shithead (and you even get to beat him up a little in the "golden" route and he's the one casualty in the end (nameless werewolf mooks don't count)). He's the one who initially cast the werewolf curse without an expiration date, and nobody in the tribe knew what was really going on. For all they know, they were just being attacked by surprisingly cunning werewolves.

That said, elves are shitheads by default, of course.