• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, if I do write far into Chronicles of Sorrow, it's so tempting to have Frankenstein's Monster appear, or as Castlevania tends to call him, The Creature, and turn him into a mecha homage. A Rocket Punch is pretty much mandatory, pft...

Heck, if I recall, Portrait of Ruin already gave him mounted gatling guns and a missile launcher, so we're already halfway there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

g0pASUO.jpg

The fact that every person takes this seriously and no one laughs. Also, why is this judge giving me an aptitude test? Didn’t I pass the bar exam for this? Or some Japanese equivalent?

So, what happens if you name yourself as the defendant?

58 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

So, what happens if you name yourself as the defendant?

Your lawyer boss, who for some reason gets to help you in the tutorial trial, asks some variant of what’s the matter with you and you did pass the bar right but the judge conveniently couldn’t hear you so he asks you to repeat yourself, which seems to happen every time you give a wrong answer here until you give the right one.

But if you pick Mia Fey you do get an achievement, so that’s cool.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes or I will

do it

So bright eyed, so optimistic…

who knows, maybe he won't be a boomer in despair like us

Man, seeing Kloe brings back good memories. Love that girl

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

do it

it’s 4 am but if it hasn’t been done when I’m not tired

what did you use to make that Trails one anyway?

who knows, maybe he won't be a boomer in despair like us

Probably not, most aren’t. I’m really curious to see what WeaponsCI’s final takes are since I’ve been watching his videos since I got into the series. Of course, he just started CS1 and doesn’t have infinite free time so we won’t know until 3 years from now.

Man, seeing Kloe brings back good memories. Love that girl

Me when seeing sky graphics

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

what did you use to make that Trails one anyway?

paint lawl

Although based on a classic Fate meme

mtw3mlrm09tz.jpg

or the much older version of it

1321643060862.png

lol

Man i wish Fate isn't all Gacha nowadays, still love Type-moon to bits...Maybe with TsukiRe english release they will be more non gacha interactions?

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me when seeing sky graphics

true

random thought: Kloe as FE lord. She even has the blue hair

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

g0pASUO.jpg

The fact that every person takes this seriously and no one laughs. Also, why is this judge giving me an aptitude test? Didn’t I pass the bar exam for this? Or some Japanese equivalent?

The Judge is extremely bad at his job. But we love him anyway.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

u3wTUQe.jpg
Oh so this guy is gonna be forgotten about and never gonna matter, got it. Where’s Edgeworth when you need him…

Alas, poor Payne. Nobody ever extends him the respect he deserves as one of the very, very few prosecutors in the series that never cheats.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do get to call witnesses, right game?

No, the prosecution does that. Instead, you get to bully them.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Bro who hired this judge

Yeah...

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Although you could actually use this to determine vaguely where this game takes place via time zones… it’s probably Japan tho.

Well... This is the source of a whole lot of problems for the series going forward. You see, for the sake of this puzzle, they set the entire series in California, localization only. This would be a serious issue as the games became more and more blatantly Japanese. The fanbase calls it Japanifornia lol

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

YOURE IN THE SAME COURT ROOM, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON

He fell asleep after the breakdown. He's old, cut him some slack.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nvm you can keep it Is this supposed to be as suggestive as it sounds?

I mean, have you seen her shirt?

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh rip, that’s payneful

He actually ends up appearing in more games than like, every prosecutor but Edgeworth because of this.

I wonder how Pac-Man fits into the Xeno lore...

On 8/13/2023 at 7:54 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoa what is this? Context?

Luigi isn't actually in Pacific Rim Uprising, of course. Charlie Day, who voiced Luigi in the Mario movie, played the main villain (he was good in the first movie and happened to be brainwashed by the kaijus' creators, more specifically). It was a strange sequel, hence why Armagon acts like it doesn't exist.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

His movie made less than Morbius btw

No no, he's got a point.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Haha, reminds me of SRW 30 having a character buy/geek at SRW 300.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Or even the fact Namco exists in the Xenosaga world, heh.

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Pac-Men were created in an exceedingly distant sky, these devourers born of the sealed fruit, were kept confined. A ship carrying some these yellow beasts passed through what in the T.C. era would be referred to as a "A Low-Velocity Hyperspace Envelopment Anomaly". But accidental collision with the walls of the Hyperspace caused the monstrosity-carrying vessel to fall betwixt dimensions, wherein a Gnosis attacked the ship and dragged it across the world boundary. Inexplicably, this event, by adding new matter to this world and thereby upsetting its known finite quantities of matter and energy, assured that any absolute temporal predictions, as if repeated, would be subject to the tiniest measure of change. Being abnormal substance in this four-dimensional world, the alien creatures still in their cages would be so hardy as to endure any extreme timespace phenomena perfectly intact. So it was that one of these hungering lifeforms was discovered by a pre-T.C. era entertainment company, but a few decades before the discovery of the Zohar. Inspired by the eldritch abomination, the company would replicate its visage in its products henceforth.

Upon the rediscovery of Lost Jerusalem a very long time later, the company, still very much intact after the Gnosis crisis, would produce replicas of a peculiar artifact said to have been created by Vector during that brief but dangerous time. This included including the artifact in their audiovisual interpretation of the events of that universe-changing crisis long ago. During an experiment sometime later into an alternative form of faster-than-light travel, the manned vessel used in the experiment was destroyed and its pieces lost somewhere else amid the great entangling web of dimensions. Nobody survived and the ship was reduced to the tiniest of fragments, but in the void separating proper dimensions, the expensive figurine of that artifact, beloved and always carried by a nerd who died in the incident, was still miraculously in pristine condition. An unfortunate traveler of no repute who managed to wrest themselves out of that dark nothing realm and returned to the Hyperspace Envelopment Anomaly, discovered that artifact, and after properly storing it, donated the majestic icon to the little beautiful church whose ceiling venerated the cosmos. Owing to the freak nature of the accident described above, it propelled the test ship against the grain of the arrow of time, said to be theoretically possible in the writings of an ancient engineer as she had been informed and had once found a propelling prospect. Thus, it arrived quite possibly in the floating world before the isolated compressed omnivorous xenoform had arrived in the pre-T.C. era.

That's the answer.😉

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Going off the game's opening and what I've witnessed, I'm guessing Raze and Ulrika will remain forever separate from beginning to end.

That is very interesting. Maybe the game isn't too long so that it warrants two runs.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Different minigame for mining. 

Sophie 2 had stuff like this.

Not that you could actually fail any of it.

Second PW:AA case is quite interesting, I thought this was gonna be like, end of the game stuff, but it’s cool that they cut to the chase immediately since everyone knew what was gonna happen after that fade to black. I like how Ferris Steine;Gate is just casually a witness. And Detective Gumshoe doesn’t seem the most skilled at his profession either… this state needs to vet its employees better. Also Maya Fey is one of those recurring characters who’s in like every game, I believe. This is an interesting start to a relationship, to be sure.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Judge is extremely bad at his job. But we love him anyway.

That is the impression I got from the memes.

Alas, poor Payne. Nobody ever extends him the respect he deserves as one of the very, very few prosecutors in the series that never cheats.

So I’m always gonna be on defense? Japanifornia’s prosecution is usually cheating? Systemic issues here yall

No, the prosecution does that. Instead, you get to bully them.

Tbf in case 2 you get to call the bellboy as witness. I also spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to bully them because I thought the game wanted me to present evidence when I was actually supposed to press them.

He actually ends up appearing in more games than like, every prosecutor but Edgeworth because of this.

Payne sweep

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

a shade of blue if you ask me

Reverse Homer

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

paint lawl

Although based on a classic Fate meme

mtw3mlrm09tz.jpg

or the much older version of it

1321643060862.png

lol

oh, I was thinking of abandoning the power levels/waifus and going for something a bit more… FE

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

true

random thought: Kloe as FE lord. She even has the blue hair

Honestly if FE needs keep doing royalty MCs, we should have one who disguises their identity for some reason but still builds up their army/allies that way (intentionally, Alm).

Edited by Sooks

Crap, seems like Twitter broke Nitter again. I better not miss any hype Arzette news because of that.

Remember how musky boy said that people not being allowed to access the site was only a "temporary" thing?
Of course it was obvious that he was lying as usual. Considering he already blocked the search feature for regular users. So there was already no searching for hashtags or anything. Combine that with Twitter's login wall when you scroll down anyone's timeline and the site was already next to unusable for anyone without an account.
Gotta bribe musky boy to do anything on that site, even though the entire value of Twitter is the fact that everyone else is there too. If you can't reach people, there is nothing worth paying for.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Second PW:AA case is quite interesting, I thought this was gonna be like, end of the game stuff, but it’s cool that they cut to the chase immediately since everyone knew what was gonna happen after that fade to black.

You have to be the first person in the history of ever that said 1-2 is good.

...Though, in fairness, it looks worse in retrospect as you play more of the series.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I’m always gonna be on defense? Japanifornia’s prosecution is usually cheating? Systemic issues here yall

Good, you got it. The point of the game.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I also spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to bully them because I thought the game wanted me to present evidence when I was actually supposed to press them.

The AA struggle.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Crap, seems like Twitter broke Nitter again. I better not miss any hype Arzette news because of that.

Remember how musky boy said that people not being allowed to access the site was only a "temporary" thing?
Of course it was obvious that he was lying as usual. Considering he already blocked the search feature for regular users. So there was already no searching for hashtags or anything. Combine that with Twitter's login wall when you scroll down anyone's timeline and the site was already next to unusable for anyone without an account.
Gotta bribe musky boy to do anything on that site, even though the entire value of Twitter is the fact that everyone else is there too. If you can't reach people, there is nothing worth paying for.

At this point inertia is the only thing that's keeping Twitter going. It's completely impossible to get anyone new into the platform because of how hard it's shutting out the outside.

...Of course, everyone already knows Twitter, so it's not dying because of this. If anything, a bunch more people might create accounts so they can actually read twits.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come on, it gave us the Updated Autopsy Report. Totally redeems itself, pft.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Though, in fairness, it looks worse in retrospect as you play more of the series.

I also haven’t finished it, I only did the first day’s trial. But I really don’t see the problem, the characters are comically stupid but that seems to be the theme so…

the worst thing about current twitter situation for me is that i can't follow jp indie scene anymore or try their games. It used to be my way of saying what games they make and what might be worth trying despite their language barrier, and what's trending etc.

I do miss my favourite Twitter genre, which is "right-wing idiots (including the chief twit) are disappointed that the author of the History of Rome podcast is not a crypto-fascist".

--

zd89ZZ5.jpg

It is quite fucked up that you fight this... thing and it's not the fuckest uppest that you find in the Dead Trenches.

JZ9qtrg.jpg

1uZDxHr.jpg

Like, what the fuck, Branka? She might be the most evil villain in the game thus far, and that's saying something given that she's competing with rapists and child murderers.

Gotta say, the Deep Roads are excellent horror.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Come on, it gave us the Updated Autopsy Report. Totally redeems itself, pft.

True enough.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I also haven’t finished it, I only did the first day’s trial. But I really don’t see the problem, the characters are comically stupid but that seems to be the theme so…

There's a bit of an... issue, with the resolution. But you'll get there.

12 minutes ago, gnip said:

Like, what the fuck, Branka? She might be the most evil villain in the game thus far, and that's saying something given that she's competing with rapists and child murderers.

Yeah she was kinda nasty wasn't she.

a555nFZ.jpg
Oh shit, America was the murderer

oNdFqEC.jpg

dewkZou.jpg
Pg4HGnH.jpg

xmCTEt5.jpg
mhnU3AK.jpg

Lol this is so edgy. And it doesn’t make sense.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a bit of an... issue, with the resolution. But you'll get there.

Is it the whole divine intervention thing? Cause I honestly I predicted the receipt thing but the game wouldn’t let me present it as is. Although now that I think about it, it’s never explained why Mia wrote her sister’s name like that, is that part of it?