Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

plbfpl.gif

If not friend, why friend shaped?

People who say that tend to not live for very long.

Although I can't deny the furry thing is slightly cute, though much more frightening.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Compared to grizzlies and polar bears, black bears seem to benefit the most from human "companionship".

Good point having the quotation marks, true domestication takes human lifetimes, all else is merely tolerating and benefitting from human cohabitation.

Although I believe scientists discovered a bunch of genes that make a make major difference in making dogs docile and wolves ultimately feral. Dogs and bears aren't particularly closely related, but if we can find some "domestication genes" in one species, creating them in another isn't wholly beyond the realm of possibility.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even that. In NSMB Wii/U, the Fire Flower is objectively an inferior version of the Ice Flower. NSMB 2 has the Gold Flower which admittedly only lasts for the level.

Being reminded of these, enemies are turned into ice cubes you can carry and throw at things. Which in turn reminds me of my original experience with that frosty idea- Kirby. Which then leads me to recall how Fire Kirby as a flaming dash, which would possibly not be so bad for Fire Mario? A dash attack would perhaps be liked by those who like to go fast. And that does remind me of whichever NSMB had the Shell Mario which could turtle slide through stages.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

People who say that tend to not live for very long.

Although I can't deny the furry thing is slightly cute, though much more frightening.

Death by black bear tends to be rare. They subscribe to "we're more scared of you than you are of us" animal mentality. They can be "chill" around people but any recorded cases of black bear attacks has less to do with the bear being genuinely aggressive and moreso because something made it act. They'll get defensive around cubs or their territory.

Like, you still shouldn't approach a black bear but if one does walk up to you, it's more curious than anything. 

Now the problem is that some grizzlies appear black and those are way more dangerous.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I believe scientists discovered a bunch of genes that make a make major difference in making dogs docile and wolves ultimately feral. Dogs and bears aren't particularly closely related, but if we can find some "domestication genes" in one species, creating them in another isn't wholly beyond the realm of possibility.

Ravens have been seen "domesticating" wolves, at least a new form of symbiotic relationship.

If exposed at a young age, a wolf could probably be raised as a dog. There are zero recorded cases of wolf attacks on humans. Hyenas on the other hand....

Anyways it reminds me of this video I saw a of a gator handler. He was explaining how there's a difference between training and animal and taming it. Gators are not tamed, they are simply trained. He even explains that a huge part of it is learning how to behave yourself with the animal because it's the one thing between life and getting the throat ripped out.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that does remind me of whichever NSMB had the Shell Mario which could turtle slide through stages.

That one went hard honestly. I remember how rare it was.

You know what they say

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you can technically do that still. Just have an idle player ride along and protect them.

...Heck, since Mario would take damage, it would actually make Yoshi more interesting to play. There's an idea.

I look forward to the Baby Mario% speedruns. Even if he is easy mode, Yoshi having unique mechanics should make him worth playing; how else will that talking flower know what Goombas taste like?

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, not DLC in a mainline Mario game.

It is too late...

NSLU_NA_Box_Art.png

It has just as many new levels as NSMBU did, actually. As a fun fact, New Super Mario Bros. 2 was the first Nintendo game to have DLC outside Japan; in Japan, Fire Emblem Awakening holds that distinction instead.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Death by black bear tends to be rare. They subscribe to "we're more scared of you than you are of us" animal mentality. They can be "chill" around people but any recorded cases of black bear attacks has less to do with the bear being genuinely aggressive and moreso because something made it act. They'll get defensive around cubs or their territory.

Like, you still shouldn't approach a black bear but if one does walk up to you, it's more curious than anything. 

Now the problem is that some grizzlies appear black and those are way more dangerous.

Thank you for the information!😃

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hyenas on the other hand....

Maybe something to do with their naturally high testosterone levels? I don't know a lot about hyenas, but I read the ladies have some... peculiar anatomy, for better and worse.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That one went hard honestly. I remember how rare it was.

I'm not sure I ever got much if any use out of it. I barely remember NSMB (and I rarely finished the games actually), but my instinct is it was a power-up that was more for hardcore players, something you had to lean into to get the most out of and wasn't so useful if you didn't.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, took an interest in Radical Dreamers?

‘Twas over a decade ago, a time before booze and bleak ennui. I…I can only vaguely recall it now, like trying to reach out and grab hold of mist.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, no activity? Been so long...

I know.

But, I haven't played anything since coming up for air from J yesterday morning. Spent 'til 3 in the morning last night trying to soothe my mind with SRW music. ...And I still haven't played anything today because I keep shooting everything down and entering a self-loathing spiral from doing nothing.😣

With giant robots deeply in my mind ATM, the idea of a hypothetical tower-defense city-builder hybrid game with a mecha orientation has entered my skull. The idea being you're the head of an institution -e.g. Light Laboratories, Sacramento Circuits, Ancient Technology Excavators- and the game is about administering the institution and perhaps the surrounding towns. It would not be about controlling the giant robots, it would be about the nuts & bolts of everything it takes to build them. Which style of humanoid weapon would be up to the player's discretion (as would where your institute is located- e.g. Japan, Moon, space colony), and there would be a randomized threat -e.g. kaiju, intelligent alien empires, warring between Earthlings- that would be targeting your institution which your mechs would have to defend. Sounds like a promising indie game idea, and a way of branching mecha into the city-builder genre. 

Maybe I should just return to J right now. Or maybe I should try that Riftbreaker game I bought this summer for a half-peaceful mech game. -But should I really continue with J third run so soon, or open another mech game right now? ...And there goes the surface-to-air missiles firing again.😐

That would certainly be interesting. Like a Gundam game where you play as Anaheim Electronics and Von Braun. Considering the former's reputation, that would make the game more interesting. "Will you help X or Y faction or try to play them all off each other and profit more that way."

17 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know what they say

There has to be some clip out there of him saying "no" really dramatically.

I look forward to the Baby Mario% speedruns. Even if he is easy mode, Yoshi having unique mechanics should make him worth playing; how else will that talking flower know what Goombas taste like?

And carrying Baby Mario would invalidate the invincibility. Genius idea.

It is too late...

NSLU_NA_Box_Art.png

It has just as many new levels as NSMBU did, actually. As a fun fact, New Super Mario Bros. 2 was the first Nintendo game to have DLC outside Japan; in Japan, Fire Emblem Awakening holds that distinction instead.

Oh hey it's my favorite New Mario. I forgot it was technically DLC lol

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, no activity? Been so long...

I was out all day, then when I got back home I became distracted discussing Acheron with @Shaky Jones

Still, it's been some slow times around here, to be sure. Oh well, such is life.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's happening to that woman?

Well you see, those stairs they ascended from lead to the so-called "Well of Souls".

I presume it's a kind of time-lapse photography, for an intentional blurring effect. Use of it can indicate motion and the flow of people in a well-visited place better than still images. Though using it alongside stills of individuals in the same picture is a little weird, I haven't exactly seen that before.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you see, those stairs they ascended from lead to the so-called "Well of Souls".

I presume it's a kind of time-lapse photography, for an intentional blurring effect. Use of it can indicate motion and the flow of people in a well-visited place better than still images. Though using it alongside stills of individuals in the same picture is a little weird, I haven't exactly seen that before.

I prefer the idea that a spirit photobombed for no reason.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

MM9647_220226-00132.jpg?w=1084.125&h=800

Reading is good for the soul.😄

Here's a small fact: In Islam, "Read" is said to be the first word that came down from god.

Just remembered it with you posting a picture of a mosque and mentioning reading and soul in the same sentence XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remind me again, has someone here played Lost Eidolons?

I thought you did lol

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I thought you did lol

Ah, welcome back.

Well, no. I expressed interest, attracted by the sober visuals of normal people and inelegant suits of armor, plus indie FE on PC. But then I saw all the reviews going "it's clearly inspired by Three Houses" and combined with the relatively steep price I was intimidated into not getting it.

I've since found a post that said they liked its gameplay more than Houses and its story more than Engage, though. That sort of middle ground... might actually end up making me like it more than either, provided I am of the same opinion. It's currently on sale, too. Not a big sale, but a sale. And... I need games, I have nothing to play and my FE6 hack is like, days away from release. I've said that like seven times now, but I really gotta commit and release sooner than later. It's not normal that what started as a simple character replace is taking this long. Is there such a thing as too much polish?

I'll play Symphony of War, I'll play it. Soon. Very soon. It's coming, just you watch.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, welcome back.

Thankies, but i didn't really leave, just had nothing to say and too much work and stuff.

And using my time to play games lol

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need games, I have nothing to play

What are you in the mood for? Does it have to be a SRPG?