• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just want to say again, thank you everyone!😃

Being on SF does help me a bit with what ye olde humoral medicine would call an excess of black bile. Each of you, in one way or another help to numb the agony. And sorry if me saying "thank you" again is unnecessary, but so it is IRL, so it shall be online. My close family says I vocalize too much gratefulness to them. As they did after buying me tickets to a second ballet performance this year today.

It can be really difficult doing almost anything in a state like this. Household chores (and not momentarily freezing midway because of pulsing melancholy), playing video games (even the happier, sillier ones), reading, eating even once a day. I have to force myself to stay out of bed. But browsing the web, coming to the one little site where I'm a participant, that I consistently can do.

So, again, thank you all!🧎‍♂️

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You could frame the dungeon dom by perusing her services and then telling the detective she was a bit too mean.

Does that even count as murder? Doesn't everyone wants ☠️ by snusnu? Or so I've heard.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I present to you

Op5ZHdh.png

Kaga!

Not enough chains for it to be Kaga. (And let it be known I have never once in all my experiences with them, said "f*** Kaga!")

The runway sorta blending with the robe and skirt are a nice touch, if only with this particular two-dimensional angle. But then art can be very specific and that's called intricacy!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(And let it be known I have never once in all my experiences with them, said "f*** Kaga!")

Of course, in Azure Lane, that sentence takes on a whole different meaning..

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just want to say again, thank you everyone!😃

Being on SF does help me a bit with what ye olde humoral medicine would call an excess of black bile. Each of you, in one way or another help to numb the agony. And sorry if me saying "thank you" again is unnecessary, but so it is IRL, so it shall be online. My close family says I vocalize too much gratefulness to them. As they did after buying me tickets to a second ballet performance this year today.

It can be really difficult doing almost anything in a state like this. Household chores (and not momentarily freezing midway because of pulsing melancholy), playing video games (even the happier, sillier ones), reading, eating even once a day. I have to force myself to stay out of bed. But browsing the web, coming to the one little site where I'm a participant, that I consistently can do.

So, again, thank you all!🧎‍♂️

Like we said before, you can sy whatever is on your mind. Be it venting or heartfelt thanks. And hey, enjoy the ballet!

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does that even count as murder? Doesn't everyone wants ☠️ by snusnu? Or so I've heard.

As I recall, she employed a series of devices with colorful names and noises that made me cry for my real gonads. But I had to do it, for the murder.

Hey, if I recall, you could also fuck this one guy. Or bring it up, at least. All for the murder, of course.

...I should probably mention at this point that the setting is that the protagonist runs into an old grudge on the street, then follows him into an exotic brothel. Exclusively to murder him. Though the game gives you the option to just have sex and leave... Or steal some cash and leave lol. I believe the creator added an achievement for that last thing on my request.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey, enjoy the ballet!

It's based on the Shakespeare play where this line is a thing.:

"Titania waked, and straightway loved an ass."

(To be precise, the fairy queen falls in love via a potion with a peasant whose head has been magically turned into that of a donkey.)  So the ballet ought to be rather irreverent.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I should probably mention at this point that the setting is that the protagonist runs into an old grudge on the street, then follows him into an exotic brothel. Exclusively to murder him.

Then I'll just add that for that Overboard game I mentioned, one review indicated the murdered husband wasn't perfect. One little issue being he seems to have been something of a *Achoo!* sympathizer (1930s setting after all).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or just ship the ships.

Ship Class - Kancolle Wiki

I present you, the Kongou-class Battleship.

Obligatory

media-kancolles-iowa-got-universal-prais

The praised girl in question

Iowa.png

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be precise, the fairy queen falls in love via a potion with a peasant whose head has been magically turned into that of a donkey

Did Shakespeare insert his fetish?

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0lRWk2C.png

Can an Achor count as a chain?

Next Vestaria Saga will have pirates who tie Young Captive Lady No. 3X to their ship's anchor and threatens to drown her. -And then watch her join the heroes with doubled-movement rate in water b/c she learned something from how many torture-dunks she had been given, and she seems rather cheery about it too.

And oh yeah, this only happens if you help the girl in a prior mission where she's an NPC reach the boat in port she is supposed to board. Neither she nor you know that pirates covertly comprised the majority of the crew and planned to take over the ship of rich people and their stuff once at it was out at sea.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What wasn't his fetish, in that case?

Happy endings.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Next Vestaria Saga will have pirates who tie Young Captive Lady No. 3X to their ship's anchor and threatens to drown her. -And then watch her join the heroes with doubled-movement rate in water b/c she learned something from how many torture-dunks she had been given, and she seems rather cheery about it too.

And oh yeah, this only happens if you help the girl in a prior mission where she's an NPC reach the boat in port she is supposed to board. Neither she nor you know that pirates covertly comprised the majority of the crew and planned to take over the ship of rich people and their stuff once at it was out at sea.

It also turns out that one of the pirates was her long lost brother, who defects from the crew and joins the heroes because he was captivated by his sister's beauty (he doesn't know she's his sister).

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The praised girl in question

Iowa.png

Murica moment

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ok but unironically sounds like something Kaga would do lmao

Maybe make the tortured a younger sister or something but that's it kek. Or a Plot twist older sister. Ofc she is shipped with her brother

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It also turns out that one of the pirates was her long lost brother, who defects from the crew and joins the heroes because he was captivated by his sister's beauty (he doesn't know she's his sister).

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok but unironically sounds like something Kaga would do lmao

Maybe make the tortured a younger sister or something but that's it kek. Or a Plot twist older sister. Ofc she is shipped with her brother

What a bed of manure our imaginations have sprung forth from!😆

This does bring a trickle of joyous light of the present into a soul consumed by the distant void. Thank you!🙂

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Happy endings.

I don't think that is always the case. For the Shakespearian tragedies yes, because tragedy. The history plays probably vary from play-to-play, Henry V ends relatively happily for England in the short-term, I imagine others to be more tragic. The Shakespearian comedies, such as A Midsummer Night's Dream, can be expected to end happily.

Of course, for those not into literature, what gets thrown at us in school are pretty much always the tragedies. Not sure why, maybe literary merit, maybe sadness ages better than jokes (The Taming of the Shrew probably isn't so funny in a more pro-woman world).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, this reminds me of the three The Deed games. This little hidden gem I found, three unknown games made on RPGMaker and available on steam for like a buck.

The premise was similar, if the aesthetic a lot less colorful and chipper. You had to commit a murder in such a way that you could successfully point the ensuing investigation in a different direction from yourself. They were a lot of fun, especially The Deed 2. You could frame the dungeon dom by perusing her services and then telling the detective she was a bit too mean.

I actually played the first one of those (according to Steam achievements, back in 2015), and successfully passed off my murder as a suicide on the first try.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just saying...

So aged, yet charming in a way.

Why does Giant Robo look like it's wearing a pharaonic headdress BTW?🤔

Also, reminder that exact quips from The Day the Earth Stood Still ended up in Super Mario RPG, and a few lines from Evangelion (the game released in Japan during the same week as the 23rd episode of NGE, how quickly did the show catch on?), and a single line from Gato and one from Quattro it looks like?. Wonder if the superfluous lines will be kept in the soon-to-be-released modern version, and if so translated properly this time.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So aged, yet charming in a way.

Why does Giant Robo look like it's wearing a pharaonic headdress BTW?🤔

Also, reminder that exact quips from The Day the Earth Stood Still ended up in Super Mario RPG, and a few lines from Evangelion (the game released in Japan during the same week as the 23rd episode of NGE, how quickly did the show catch on?), and a single line from Gato and one from Quattro it looks like?. Wonder if the superfluous lines will be kept in the soon-to-be-released modern version, and if so translated properly this time.

Oh, interesting!

Hopefully they do. There should not be any copyright issues since they aren't exact quotes, or can be passed as generic enough without the context. At the very least, the remake should have the room to translate them properly, at least.

That said, I have a feeling they might remain faithful to the original script, so we might not get them again. Hopefully, I could be wrong.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, interesting!

To be precise, it's Mallow's Psychopath ability. Get the Action Command timing right, and you get a silly line from an enemy, and each enemy has a unique line. So, what's a bunch of bored Japanese programmers going to do but write in a nod or two to the stuff they've been watching for this unimportant filler? -Or so I speculate.

The exact references.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/the-pop-culture-obsessed-monsters-in-japanese-super-mario-rpg/

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be precise, it's Mallow's Psychopath ability. Get the Action Command timing right, and you get a silly line from an enemy, and each enemy has a unique line. So, what's a bunch of bored Japanese programmers going to do but write in a nod or two to the stuff they've been watching for this unimportant filler? -Or so I speculate.

The exact references.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/the-pop-culture-obsessed-monsters-in-japanese-super-mario-rpg/

Oh, yes, I know about Psychopath. Just didn't knew that in the original Japanese they were making a bunch of references.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's based on the Shakespeare play where this line is a thing.:

"Titania waked, and straightway loved an ass."

(To be precise, the fairy queen falls in love via a potion with a peasant whose head has been magically turned into that of a donkey.)  So the ballet ought to be rather irreverent.

Ironic that you would bring up Shakespeare - in The Deed 2, you can introduce yourself as William Shakespeare when entering the brothel. The owner basically goes "no shame in being here mate, but whatever you say."

Anyway, that's not quite what people picture when they think of Shakespearean prose, is it.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then I'll just add that for that Overboard game I mentioned, one review indicated the murdered husband wasn't perfect. One little issue being he seems to have been something of a *Achoo!* sympathizer (1930s setting after all).

Oohh, dear. Yeah, that does sound rather killable.

Well, the victims in The Deed are never perfect either. The first one... well, it's the worst of the games, and the victim is a crude caricature of mental issues with some... uh, questionable writing in places that I had completely forgotten about until I just now went back and skimmed through a gameplay video to remind myself what her deal was. Not a great show, looking back.

Afterwards it much improves though, there's an abusive husband, a man that racked up a whole bunch of debt then abandoned his sick wife and child to deal with it, a sloth taking credit for his ghost-writing sister's work then refusing to pay for her husband's life-saving treatment, and a brutal orderly from one of those horrible mental wards from times of yore. Not quite the best chaps, though the bystanders you can frame tend to be a lot more firmly innocent... hence why the most consistently difficult thing to achieve is to get the death ruled a suicide so that nobody else gets hurt.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I actually played the first one of those (according to Steam achievements, back in 2015), and successfully passed off my murder as a suicide on the first try.

Oh hey, I never thought I'd actually find someone who played these games, or even knew of them. Not on my own recommendation, anyway. The first one is by far the worst one, the formula and the settings both much improve in the other two games, Dynasty and 2.