Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

*Wraith vomits in his mouth*

Reicher Mann und armer Mann standen da und sah`n sich an. Da sagt der Arme bleich: Wär ich nicht arm, wärst du nicht reich.

I know, I keep posting in the wrong language, but it's not like Wraith is any more comprehensible when he's posting in English

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh God he did it again, he said something gay again.

1MKqS5cJ_o.jpg

Now that his former man crush's becoming increasingly terrifying, he's looking towards the twinkish camp merchant.

Linard is not pleased. Edy should watch himself, I've seen that man one-shot things with his magic.

9 minutes ago, gnip said:

I know, I keep posting in the wrong language, but it's not like Wraith is any more comprehensible when he's posting in English

This cannot be!  What madness does this scene portend? Gnip must think me credulous, to suffer these lies...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say. We have this thing called formación profesional, the closest equivalent I think would be trade schools. Two years instead of four, much more practical learning and three months at the end are spent doing an internship at a real workplace.

I think that's literally just trade schools lmao. "Escuela de entrecambio" would be the literal translation but i don't think Spanish has "trade" be a double meaning like in English.

28 minutes ago, gnip said:

Reicher Mann und armer Mann standen da und sah`n sich an. Da sagt der Arme bleich: Wär ich nicht arm, wärst du nicht reich.

Mira aqui tambien hablamos Español.

In this thread besides Americans we got:

• 2 Germans
  • 1 Spaniard whose also French
  • 1 Canadian (I think Benice is just lurking now)
  • 1 Mexican
  • I am also Venezuelan

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

• 2 Germans
  • 1 Mexican
  • I am also Venezuelan

Y luego todos entramos a un bar...

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lost Eidolons. Purported indie clone of Three Houses, which is why it's taken me a year to try it out. So far, good. Haven't found any eidolons, but I did find a bald old man with a beard, instantly making the game better than its inspiration.

He's a drunkard tactician voiced by Keith Silverstein. Dude has great range, but was cursed with a distinctive voice. He just can't hide he's him lol

I see, interesting. Too bad there's no PS4 version, even though the graphics aren't great.

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sigh*

Feel free to ignore. I really tried resisting the temptation for this stupidity...

Reveal hidden contents

I spent last night, the last hours of my twenties, awaiting their demise in lamentation. I wasted the decade, and it's gone, gone, I can't get it back, my youth is forever over. I'm 30, and the evidence I'm a waste of existence is now set in stone. -But then there can be no "waste" of life, since all life is futile, death will take it all away, how can anyone waste something that inevitably must end? When I woke up this morning feeling... not bad, now that I was living it, I was empty of agony having reached it. Alas, this feeling couldn't last, I tried reading again, it was less effective than the day before, which in turn had been less effective than the day before that. And then, perhaps an hour, no more than two after that beautiful bonding event I posted earlier today, I was back in heavy breathing, back to "I don't want to die, but I KNOW I WILL!", that primal existential refrain of mine returned as though it had never left. That was after I ate my birthday dinner, and before cake and gifts, which only buried the woe for the required moment. I kept my face ordinary, my breathing normal, nothing hopefully was amiss, I didn't want to ruin anyone else's time on this day by showing my melancholy on what was supposed to be a happy day.

I'm sorry to post this, I'm sorry to burden all of you with the sight of this depressing, pathetic, overly dramatic blubbering. I know this is far from the first time I've done this here, it's all the same, it's all a boring, tedious read. I know a video game forum isn't the place for real ultimately palliative treatment. I don't know what I want to do, I know there is nothing that I can do, since death is the one insurmountable, it fills me with dread and frustration. I want to scream, I want to cry, I want to grab something for desperate impossible comfort so tightly I'd destroy it, but I can't bring myself to do any of it. I just sit around, thoughts stuck in the quagmire of sorrow, as if on my deathbed, even though that is -hopefully- decades away. Yet what is decades when it ultimately all concludes? From the moment we're born, our cruel fate is sealed.

To think I felt wrong not feeling this sooner than I did as today approached. Reaching the age where Japan would have me shout "To the next generation of heroes!" and then go kaboom! letting the youthful heroes escape with their big enemy temporarily injured thanks to my sacrifice. They mourn me for three minutes and then move on. Now that I am here, now that I've been in this dolorous state, how did I ever yearn for it again?

🤮

Aside from platitudes, the only thing I can offer you is a hug to show you're not alone.

Flash-Rebirth-Barry-and-Wally-Hug.jpg

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I just recruited... basically Anna? To the point where when interacted with on camp, she says "hey! Need somethin'?" and "thanks a bunch!" She's not as good as Vinny Vinesauce but I like her more than one of my female archers, so I think I'll swap her in.

I also recruited this... old? woman.

us9BE0OV_o.jpg

Not old, just has light hair.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

• 2 Germans
  • 1 Mexican
  • I am also Venezuelan

*gasps again*

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230903_0030458697057630215274466.j

Fun fact: one of our northern states, Pará, is bigger than three Frances.

Trails into Reverie

Spoiler

EPjKzfj.jpg

Top 10 saddest anime deaths

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

06 is from Brazil I think from the top of my head (this has no relation to 06 posting above me). I wonder when we'll make a multinational Teehee superhero team...

3 hours ago, gnip said:

Friend of my brother, a Chemistry Dr. rer. nat, told me that she had a literal 1-on-1 course with a prof because she was the only master student that year that dared take the advanced Theorecial Chemistry module. :lol:

damn that sounds awesome

Here the smallest we had were like 5 or so

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Shrimp-kun is secretly a communist.

11 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

*gasps again*

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

06 is from Brazil

Brazil is a mythical land that doesn't exist, it's all a trick by the government.

Yeah 06 is Brazilinan. Am i missing anyone else?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

¿Pará quién?

Para mi. Yo lo clamo para el bravo pueblo de Venezuela........y despues se los vendo a los Americanos. Manifestara el destino otra vez.

I really should try one of those Paradox games one day.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Para mi. Yo lo clamo para el bravo pueblo de Venezuela........y despues se los vendo a los Americanos. Manifestara el destino otra vez.

Pft, por que dárselo a los yanquis. ¡Forma la Gran Colombia!

I know I've had my fun...

ePltk3h.png

From Sea to Shining Sea was only ever a pipe dream thanks to me...

Everyone's celebrating the end of the war. Eden keeps asking people about their plans for the future. He's even going to give a speech about how things are all good now.

Guys, it's chapter 15. We're barely past the halfway mark. We haven't even unlocked master classes or Eden's superclass yet. The mad war criminal is still at large and leading a bigger army than ours, guys stop slacking

...Speaking of war crimes, we literally committed one and a character called me out for it. False surrender. Of course, I proceeded to persuade the man with my handsomeness and recruit him into my army, but hey. I was surprised he actually said the two magical words.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think that's literally just trade schools lmao. "Escuela de entrecambio" would be the literal translation but i don't think Spanish has "trade" be a double meaning like in English.

Indeed, that's gibberish in Spanish. Escuela de oficio would be something more appropriate.

30 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I see, interesting. Too bad there's no PS4 version

I believe the devs are preparing a console release in the near(?) future. Perhaps keep an eye out.

even though the graphics aren't great.

Yeah, you can tell it's a small studio trying to achieve something that looks AAA. They get pretty close, to their credit, though you can tell the indieness a bit in the recycled assets. Still, they get the most out of what they have, I have to commend them.

Not old, just has light hair.

Probably, yeah. I guess I'm so used to everyone in fiction being silky-smooth supermodels unless they're 50 or older, so seeing someone who's just kinda ugly comes as a shock.

She's great. I wish I had more like her.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

ePltk3h.png

From Sea to Shining Sea was only ever a pipe dream thanks to me...

Well they still got that bit where Oregon and Washington would be.

It's funny cause that's what America had originally but James Polk said "no i want the entire Pacific coast". Sorry Acacia but i'm gonna say we should've kept Baja California so we could have that symmetry with Florida. Alternatively, you could've gone after Florida for symmetry with Baja California.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well they still got that bit where Oregon and Washington would be.

It's funny cause that's what America had originally but James Polk said "no i want the entire Pacific coast". Sorry Acacia but i'm gonna say we should've kept Baja California so we could have that symmetry with Florida. Alternatively, you could've gone after Florida for symmetry with Baja California.

That's in Canada's hands, not the US.

You and like 95% of Alternate History writers. Apparently the US can't ever have enough land...

28 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Aside from platitudes, the only thing I can offer you is a hug to show you're not alone.

Flash-Rebirth-Barry-and-Wally-Hug.jpg

Thank you.🙂

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone's celebrating the end of the war. Eden keeps asking people about their plans for the future. He's even going to give a speech about how things are all good now.

Guys, it's chapter 15. We're barely past the halfway mark. We haven't even unlocked master classes or Eden's superclass yet. The mad war criminal is still at large and leading a bigger army than ours, guys stop slacking

Sounds like a recipe for a big "Oh s***" moment that shatters the expectation of a bright and easy future ahead.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't gotten to one of those myself yet (despite playing stuff like Civilization and Endless Space, so I'd probably like it). But I'm not sure if you'd find Paradox games too boring.

You and like 95% of Alternate History writers. Apparently the US can't ever have enough land...

Would you be okay if the US decided to go intercontinental and followed up on Alaska with Siberia instead?

13fKhfsl_o.jpg

Well, I guess I'll take my victory and go to bed with it. Tomorrow, things will doubtlessly go bad. I might also have to shuffle things around a bit. I have found another guy I like, sadly.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a recipe for a big "Oh s***" moment that shatters the expectation of a bright and easy future ahead.

Oh, definitely. Everyone's doing the victory lap, but I fear we're gonna crash headfirst into a wall before long. I mean, there needs to be a battle next chapter, so it can't take too long.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Apparently the US can't ever have enough land...

Manifest all the destiny until both continents are under the Star-Spangled Banner.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't gotten to one of those myself yet (despite playing stuff like Civilization and Endless Space, so I'd probably like it). But I'm not sure if you'd find Paradox games too boring.

Oh is Civ not those Paradox games?

Just now, Armagon said:

Manifest all the destiny until both continents are under the Star-Spangled Banner.

Yeah, I know about Code Geass. Not that I'd ever watch it. I know, shocking that I wouldn't see a mecha series. Not even the Pizza Hut memes can make me...

Yeah, I know about Code Geass. Not that I'd ever watch it. I know, shocking that I wouldn't see a mecha series. Not even the Pizza Hut memes can make me...

Oh I didn't realize that was a thing lol I was just making stuff up.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh is Civ not those Paradox games?

No, Civilization is from Firaxis Games, formerly Microprose very long ago. (All mainline entries have "Sid Meier's" attached to the title, but he only created the first game.)

Paradox Interactive does Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, Stellaris, and the well-regarded city-builder Cities: Skylines.

Civilization and Paradox games are distinctively different in gameplay, Civ being considered 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) in terms of genre, Paradox games Grand Strategy. Though both do allow you to toy with the trappings of IRL history and manage an empire. Paradox games I get the sense are a little more abstracted and perhaps more complicated.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer