Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Something tells me it's not the FE kind of casual? XD

Inability to lose any unit would be extremely easy. Like that Fates Phoenix Mode that hasn't returned since.

Probably just increased damage dealt, decreased damage taken, maybe faster CO gauge replenishment for the player. That's what Wargroove the medieval AW knockoff (although it's a fine game in own right) did.

Better a delay than nothing at all, yep.

Can't disagree with that.

I think I recall reading it's not locked, actually. You can choose it just fine.

2023090920205300-s-1.jpg

Me Andy dum dum.😅

I hadn't even tried selecting it before.😆

Plot is weak for these games, so the warning really isn't necessary. Yet I think I'll stick to AW1 for now, at least one playthrough before moving into BHR.

Well, just like its inspiration, I suppose Orange Star is meant to be a varied bunch. Wasn't he taught by someone from Yellow/Gold Comet? So moving to Orange Star can be a thing.

He is buddies with Sensei I think, they did get unique Tag Power name + victory quotes in Dual Strike.

As for movement, Olaf -factoring in that one battle in BHR- seems to have been born in Blue, moved to 'Star, and defected back to Blue (or at least that's how the original script when, maybe they edited out here?). While Grit seems to be a native Star to Blue defector?

Super Famicom Wars really isn't something should be taken as canon, given 'Comet was led by Hetler.😐 But there, 'Star had an old man named Yuan Delta, which is wholly fictious-sounding compared to ...that (the Axis alliance at work?), Rojenski (pretty Russian, it's got 'ski in it, ain't that Russian?), Fon Rosso (French? Well, Green Earth, so Vichy then? Italian?). Caroline is totally Nell & Rachel's mother though, and Billy Gates is the not-Blue Moon uncle of Colin, and Mr. Yamamoto ...might without evidence be Sensei? But then Yamamoto was already old. -Point being Yuan Delta isn't American nor Japanese, so 'Star = diversity sure let's go with it!

I can see them making Mark show up no matter what. Perhaps even made playable, even. Though to their credit, they kept Mark almost as-in for when they finally added them to Heroes (if as a child, but still in). Maybe Lyn Hard Mode (which is just Lyn Normal Mode without the tutorial prompts) will be unlocked from the start, or just be the new Normal Mode and the tutorial prompts be something to toggle. Perhaps even make Lyn Mode always mandatory to go through? Or perhaps that's too much...

Blazing (and Binding) remakes are going to be amusing whenever they inevitably happen. Lots of ways IS could go, the amusement will be in which path they take and how they execute it.🍿😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't disagree with that.

2023090920205300-s-1.jpg

Me Andy dum dum.😅

Plot is weak for these games, so the warning really isn't necessary. Yet I think I'll stick to AW1 for now, at least one playthrough before moving into BHR.

I suppose the only thing that could be relevant is Strum.

He is buddies with Sensei I think, they did get unique Tag Power name + victory quotes in Dual Strike.

Looking up, Sensei, as his name oh-so-subtly implies, was Hachi's instructor, as well as Kanbei's.

As for movement, Olaf -factoring in that one battle in BHR- seems to have been born in Blue, moved to 'Star, and defected back to Blue (or at least that's how the original script when, maybe they edited out here?). While Grit seems to be a native Star to Blue defector?

I don't think it was stated in AW1. Or at least, in the localization. Him truly being from Blue Moon seems to have not been revealed until Dual Strike. Which makes it amusing how AW1 has both its Blue Moon CO's be Orange Star defectors.

Pseudo-Cowboy "Snipe you with a revolver" named in Japan after Billy the Kid Grit is totally an Orange Star native, yes.

Super Famicom Wars really isn't something should be taken as canon, given 'Comet was led by Hetler. But there, 'Star had an old man named Yuan Delta, which is wholly fictious-sounding compared to ...that (the Axis alliance at work?), Rojenski (pretty Russian, it's got 'ski in it, ain't that Russian?), Fon Rosso (French? Well, Green Earth, so Vichy then?). Caroline is totally Nell & Rachel's mother though, and Billy Gates is the not-Blue Moon uncle of Colin, and Mr. Yamamoto ...might without evidence be Sensei? But then Yamamoto was already old. -Point being Yuan Delta isn't American nor Japanese, so 'Star = diversity sure let's go with it!

Be thankful it wasn't Hotler. *shot*

Well, Sensei's name in Japan is Yamamoto, and apparently dialogue in BHR implies he indeed is the Yamamoto from Super Famicon Wars, as well Caroline being Nell and Rachel's mother, so... seems that SFW is indeed canon to the AWverse. Looking at Sensei, he does look on the "close to 100" kind of age, or perhaps just in his 70's or 80's, which would fit with SFW's Yamamoto looking to be in his 50's-60's, so a plausible ~20 year time skip, maybe closer to 25, accounting for the Caroline and Nell&Rachel situation.

Blazing (and Binding) remakes are going to be amusing whenever they inevitably happen. Lots of ways IS could go, the amusement will be in which path they take and how they execute it.🍿😄

That's certainly true. Though for now, we have them ported to NSO. Still, Binding Blade is overdue being localized already... well, for those still missing them, they all are...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Be thankful it wasn't Hotler. *shot*

Call him "the Feher" and give him shades, problem solved.

In a strange world where the West gets Super Famicom Wars and Nintendo wants to rinse the game clean of him, I could us getting, I dunno, the grandmother (or mother?) of the yet-to-be-born Sonja? Adds a second female this way, and it is said grandma happened to be a calculating mind like granddaughter, it would befit the AI flavor the hypothetical replacement of that guy would inherit- defensive.

They would also inherit this peculiar choice of music for such a person as ...them.:

Well, Sensei's name in Japan is Yamamoto, and apparently dialogue in BHR implies he indeed is the Yamamoto from Super Famicon Wars, as well Caroline being Nell and Rachel's mother, so... seems that SFW is indeed canon to the AWverse.

How in all my time of being an AW fan I was not aware of this???🤨 Shame on me.

And thank you for the info!😃 

That's certainly true. Though for now, we have them ported to NSO. Still, Binding Blade is overdue being localized already... well, for those still missing them, they all are...

Which means that at least for Blazing, they don't need to be quite as faithful when it happens. They could, but they don't have to for Blazing b/c everyone already got the original at least.

(Random Wouldn't-Want-It-To and Simply-Wouldn't-Happen Silly Thought 😛, change Binding Blade roughly along the lines Black Hole Rising. Choose from Lycia with Roy & Lilina, Western Isles (led by Elffin). And... Sacae led by Aged Lyn (writing very carefully around her choice of husband (or wife in the case of Florina or Blazing Remake Playable Female Mark) who leads a pan-clan Ilia-inclusive resistance to Bern & Djute in the mountains where she recruited Florina and Wil long ago. Fight against Bern and its allies! After completing one or more of the three initial campaigns, subsequent ones in Nabata, Etruria, and Ilia open up where the three starting groups can join together. Followed by Bern, and a double-secret mega true final battle when Zephiel flees to the Dragon's Gate.🤪)

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Call him Feher and give him shades, problem solved.

In a strange world where the West gets Super Famicom Wars and Nintendo wants to rinse the game clean of him, I could us getting, I dunno, the grandmother (or mother?) of the yet-to-be-born Sonja? Adds a second female this way, and it is said grandma happened to be a calculating mind like granddaughter, it would befit the AI flavor the hypothetical replacement of that guy would inherit- defensive.

They would also inherit this peculiar choice of music for such a person as ...them.:

A complete replacement does certainly sound like the kind of solution they would've done.

How in all my time of being an AW fan I was not aware of this???🤨 Shame on me.

And thank you for the info!😃 

No problem!

Although, looking back, it seems the bit about Caroline actually comes from... Re-Boot Camp itself. So it's a retcon? Either way, it shows they still mind the pre-AW era.

Which means that at least for Blazing, they don't need to be quite as faithful when it happens. They could, but they don't have to for Blazing b/c everyone already got the original at least.

(Random Wouldn't-Want-It-To and Simply-Wouldn't-Happen Silly Thought 😛, change Binding Blade roughly along the lines Black Hole Rising. Choose from Lycia with Roy & Lilina, Western Isles (led by Elffin). And... Sacae led by Aged Lyn (writing very carefully around her choice of husband (or wife in the case of Florina or Blazing Remake Playable Female Mark) who leads a pan-clan Ilia-inclusive resistance to Bern & Djute in the mountains where she recruited Florina and Wil long ago. Fight against Bern and its allies! After completing one or more of the three initial campaigns, subsequent ones in Nabata, Etruria, and Ilia open up. Followed by Bern, and a double-secret mega true final battle when Zephiel flees to the Dragon's Gate.🤪)

Eh, I wouldn't consider that a good excuse to start changing things out willy-nilly.

That sounds better as a spin-off, like what Yggdra Union did with that DS game that was indeed a "risk-style choose your faction free-for-all" AU of the original story.

Nearly done with The Last Spark Hunter expansion of Sparks of Hope. It's more of the same which is fine because it's still really good. It's basically an additional mode with new types of enemies and you have access to all Sparks (+new ones) and all abilities, albeit not all unlocked at the same time so you might have to refund some skill points if you want to buff other things.

I did Tower of Doom first but it sucked, it's a gauntlet but it resets all your characters. Cringe.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Or is it more like Godzilla Advance Wars...?

Saw a comparison to Into the Breach.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

, I question if they'll even be optional via skipping Lyn Mode next time or if IS will expand on Mark instead. Contracting Lyn Mode, that 12-battle tutorial, is also a difficult proposition, since it has Actual Plot in it. And, it's Lyn's Mode. Her one time of true relevance is that tutorial, Lyn has solid popularity, it is staying, and I'd think IS would try to find a way to give her more in the main plot somehow even though Blazing is already a fully fleshed-out game.

Mark keeps being brought up with anything involving Lyn so it wouldn't surprise me if they made him an actual character. We'd need a female version too. Marine perhaps?

For so minor a release...

baten-kaitos-day-5.webpbaten-kaitos.webp

they're doing a countdown?

Welllllllll I won't say no to this. New official art of these guys ain't easy to come by!😁

Sagi-Xelha-Kalas are so obviously going to be 3-2-1. Will there be anything new for zero?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, I wouldn't consider that a good excuse to start changing things out willy-nilly.

I'm lukewarm on Final Fantasy VII """""Remake"""", so I'm not exactly supportive of going off the deep end. And I don't think that's IS's style either. I will nonetheless expect complaints of "they went too far" and "they did it half-heartedly" and "they didn't make this fit properly".

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mark keeps being brought up with anything involving Lyn so it wouldn't surprise me if they made him an actual character. We'd need a female version too. Marine perhaps?

Mark as a name comes from the Latin "Marcus", the feminine of which is ...taken by a crackers-loving pegasus knight already. Marsha and Marzia are still-available feminine options though if IS would want to keep it as close to Mark as possible.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Welllllllll I won't say no to this. New official art of these guys ain't easy to come by!😁

First official art of the BK crew since that Monolith 20th anniversary art.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mark as a name comes from the Latin "Marcus", the feminine of which is ...taken by a crackers-loving pegasus knight already.

That didn't stop IntSys from reusing Kamui.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

First official art of the BK crew since that Monolith 20th anniversary art.

Other than the new boxart yeah.:

max=710

Which is appreciated. Mizuti is too diminished IMO, Milly and Xelha feel weirdly fitted-in, but Gena getting prominence (and serving as NPC-symmetry with Melodia) is not bad.

...Namco please provide a more cheery-casual new group artwork at countdown zero, please! 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That didn't stop IntSys from reusing Kamui.

*Checks the Katakana*

カムイ

カムイ

Really? No slightly different syllables?

Fine, Marcia it could be. But Mark being a variant of Marcus, the "Mar" part pf which possibly referring to Mars, means Mark should be renamed Marth.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When RD fans talk about Elincia's Gambit being their favorite map, this is the part that they like to pretend doesn't exist. The part where you demolish the notion of the "desperate last-ditch defense effort" by taking your flying, effective damaging protagonist to the boss and bullying him.

Shame. It would be such a fine defense map if it didn't rely on the honor system to get you to actually play it.

Time for a hot take, but I appreciate that they gave people an out, if they wanted, or needed it.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, their brightly-colored cartooned conflicts were bliss for me. With the mind getting Divide By Zero frustration asking questions like "Why am I my consciousness?", "Why am I only myself?", "Why do I exist now?". With pleas for there to be something, anything, beyond this. With seeing myself as reduced to naught but a born-died listing of years in a textbook with a brief blurb like everyone else before me and for the imaginable future to come, and that's if I'm lucky! To bliss, please return me.

The original Advanced Wars does hold a soft spot in my heart, especially with the single cart multiplayer that game had, it made it uniquely easy to get in a game with friends, or my brother, without much planning, or setup, or hardware. Add to that a friend that was willing to make maps for multiplayer, and it has a lot of fun memories attached to it.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

So ya'll remember when I talked about playing Conquest while I was away?

Well now I beat, just now in fact. My first ever Fire Emblem game back in 2017 and only now have I finally managed to beat it. It's emotional really.

Congrats, Conquest is a tough, but satisfying game to play through. I hope you enjoyed the long journey to its completion!

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TL;DR Olaf was bad and it adds to the lack of surprise that you like the bearded one.😃 

Sad, but true, Olaf was low tier, but a classic starter villain.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023090916505000-s-1.jpg

Locking Black Hole Rising I see. Well, it is the sequel, although I actually played BHR first. I know I saw AW1 beforehand however, Nintendo Power covered the final battle of the first game, and like only that one for some reason. I recall the image of Andy using Hyper Repair (a lot of horseplop that is against Meteor Strike) and Strum shouting his defeat.

Awww, they are acting like this collection is going to draw in a bunch of new player, who never experienced both before. I kind of hope that optimism of design holds some truth to it, as AW deserves a return to glory with some new fans.

2023090917001300-s-1.jpg

Oof, that art style gives me some uncanny valley feels, as its similar enough for me to think of the original, and thus the difference just feels...off.

-a while? This was waaaay longer than three battles originally. Is this because I said I had played Advance Wars before when Nell showed up at the title screen first time?

On the one hand, that seems like a strange choice, but on the other hand, I still remember there being a LOT of tutorial in the original game, so it might have been an improvement to shorten it down.

Also, this is not the first campaign map! Did they rip this out of the tutorial and bring it here with a new introduction for Andy?

Ah that would explain it. I guess hiding a bit of the story in the tutorials was an odd design choice in the original.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023090920205300-s-1.jpg

Me Andy dum dum.😅

To be fair, I wouldn't have figured that out until it was pointed out to me either.

Call him "the Feher" and give him shades, problem solved.

Ah Persona 2, your solution was so half-assed, I am surprised it worked

I burned my crepes and became the angriest I've been in years.

Like, seriously, no videogame mishap compares. I am so fucking angry right now. Doesn't help that someone went on the cry for help thread and told me "hey you could've submitted this to FEE3" and I remembered FEE3's existence and realized, yeah, I've missed the best opportunity for this to get visibility and be played by more than three people. So now it's going to be played by three people. Because I'm the stupidest man on earth and didn't remember FEE3. And burned my crepes.

I am so fucking angry right now, seriously. I don't know what to do now, I fear if I start playing Lost Eidolons now I'm going to flip my lid at the first sign of trouble.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I think I'll finally start that VP Lenneth playthrough I wanted to do. Still not sure if I want to do two playthroughs of it. I guess it depends if I want to play through those "not available in Hard Mode" dungeons for completeness sake. Considering how easy it is to slide back to Ending B even when unlocking Ending A, there's no need for a separate playthrough of that. The only thing that worries me is how easy or hard will be doing Einherjar transferals, considering some of them it's random when you get them, and that can screw things around a bit. Ah well, hopefully it's not much of an issue...

Admittedly, the playthrough is also meant to be one of research, for fanfic purposes. Which is why I could need that second playthrough.

Hope you have fun.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023090916515300-s-1.jpg

Casual Mode. I don't need it, but nice addition.

What does casual mode do in this game? Units are already disposable.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time for a hot take, but I appreciate that they gave people an out, if they wanted, or needed it.

Fair enough. I mean, I certainly took it. The last couple of Elincia chapters started feeling seriously tedious and I just wanted to go faster by that point.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, seriously, no videogame mishap compares. I am so fucking angry right now. Doesn't help that someone went on the cry for help thread and told me "hey you could've submitted this to FEE3" and I remembered FEE3's existence and realized, yeah, I've missed the best opportunity for this to get visibility and be played by more than three people. So now it's going to be played by three people. Because I'm the stupidest man on earth and didn't remember FEE3. And burned my crepes.

Oof. 

Also, tempted as I am to volunteer as a tester, I am kind of in the middle of the Linked ironman, and I get the feeling you wouldn't want to wait for that to finish for feedback.

Ended up stepping away from the screen and taking some time to finish this drawing I started when I was in my Covenant mood.

DnCmj6TB_o.jpg

It's okay. As usual, the worst part is finding the right lighting to photograph the paper.

Feeling much better now, at least.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof.

Well, it's all better now.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also, tempted as I am to volunteer as a tester, I am kind of in the middle of the Linked ironman, and I get the feeling you wouldn't want to wait for that to finish for feedback.

Don't worry, I have already found the two testers I required. Any further help, while appreciated, is not absolutely necessary.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ended up stepping away from the screen and taking some time to finish this drawing I started when I was in my Covenant mood.

DnCmj6TB_o.jpg

It's okay. As usual, the worst part is finding the right lighting to photograph the paper.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Doesn't help that someone went on the cry for help thread and told me "hey you could've submitted this to FEE3" and I remembered FEE3's existence and realized, yeah, I've missed the best opportunity for this to get visibility and be played by more than three people. So now it's going to be played by three people. Because I'm the stupidest man on earth and didn't remember FEE3. And burned my crepes.

Can't you submit it to FEE3 anyways? Never hurts to have more reach. It's like how artists can have different socials.

This is me once again expressing my undying hatred for FE6 as a base for a hack.

Why did I ever do this to myself.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Honestly, it felt like i was just on "wait" the entire map, watching it play itself out. Which really felt sluggish overall.

I see. Well, to me that's what half the game feels like, so it doesn't stand out in that regard.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't you submit it to FEE3 anyways?

Nope. They stopped taking submissions three weeks ago.

I have found out about FDR's proposed Second Bill of Rights, which would've added a eight new amendments into the Constitution. 

• The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
  • The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
  • The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
  • The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
  • The right of every family to a decent home;
  • The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
  • The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
  • The right to a good education.

The main thing stopping FDR from pushing these (he really tried it looks like) is he caught a mild case of he fucking died 84 days into his fourth term. How America would be like if they did pass, well i can make a few predictions.

1. This shit would be heavily segregated, "separate but equal" bullshit. At least at the start, Civil Rights movement would remove that.
  2. How does the government determine what is "good"? Like, universal housing sounds amazing and developed nations do have government housing (yes including America but whew, the backlog) but there has to be a definition of what is a "decent home" and it's something that would wildly vary from family to family.
  3. The "right to earn enough" would likely implement minimum wage earlier and actually force it to keep up with inflation
  4. "Big ___" companies likely wouldn't become nearly as prevalent. Or maybe they still would.
  5. We would've had universal healthcare. Insurance companies would likely still exist.
  6. Would Regan even come to power in an America like this? His rise had a lot to do with complete distrust in the government (Carter, while a good man, was not a particular outstanding President). Assuming it's implemented well, some of these amendments would outright stop Reganonimics from taking hold.
  7. The Red Scare might've also not happened or at least been reduced in severity. But maybe this one's a pipe dream.

Some of these did make it at least partially into legislation but none of it is an amendment.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope. They stopped taking submissions three weeks ago.

Ah.

Edited by Armagon

That was a close match of sportsball. I was worried they would be to nervous to bring it home in the last quarter, but I'm happy to be wrong. Great first half from both sides, nervous 3rd quarter from Serbia and, in the end, nervous 4th quarter from both sides. Seems appropriate for a WC finals. :lol:

You might remember from the footsoccerball world cup that I'm not the most patriotic sports watcher in the world, but in this case, I'm really glad for the success. Not just for its own sake, since there has been a lot of boomer discourse going on in Germany that our recent lack of success in sports is all because KIDS THESE DAYS just don't have any ambition. I hope that talking point has been killed at least for a while.

Edited by gnip

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The original Advanced Wars does hold a soft spot in my heart, especially with the single cart multiplayer that game had, it made it uniquely easy to get in a game with friends, or my brother, without much planning, or setup, or hardware. Add to that a friend that was willing to make maps for multiplayer, and it has a lot of fun memories attached to it.

Always nice to hear such stories! 😀

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah Persona 2, your solution was so half-assed, I am surprised it worked

I mean, they had to keep him. Contextually he makes sense like no other tyrannical ruler in history for Innocent Sin. And I say this as someone who would like less of him in entertainment in general. And then the-*stabbed*.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What does casual mode do in this game? Units are already disposable.

I tried it for a quick second to see if it affected damage dealt, but nope, the values were exactly the same. No idea what it actually does.

---

2023091007043400-s-1.jpg

Nonwhite soldiers. That's new. Black Russians Blue Mooners even. This might (probably?) not have happened if WayForward hadn't been given the remaster. Wargroove was made by a British developer and had Fantasy Medieval European dark-skinned soldiers, WayForward is American, both are in racially-diverse countries that try to rep that. Intelligent Systems is Japanese, much different ethno-cultural-societally, they might not have not included skin variety for these unplayable, uncustomizable grunts.

Why no women soldiers though? The USSR had few qualms about letting women fight. -That probably would've required more effort to work in.

2023091007063100-s-1.jpg

There was a tank directly south of the one I have with 8 HP here. I did not realize my mistake, this might've delayed my victory a turn or two.

Why didn't this game update to add attack zone toggling like FE as had begun with Path of Radiance? A game so old Advance Wars was still alive at the time!🤨

2023091007090000-s-1.jpg2023091007090700-s-1.jpg

Speaking of Fire Emblem innovations.

It's not broken, at all. You can't go back to a previous turn to undo a terrible enemy phase. AW has only the teeniest amount of RNG in its combat too, unlike FE where you might be inclined to use the Turnwheel/Pulse until you rig a 45% crit/dodge. Only useful for tiny accidental mistakes like the one in the snowy screenshot actually.

2023091007350000-s-1.jpg2023091007304300-s-1.jpg

The menace returns.

Grit's strongest game is definitely Black Hole Rising. Tag Powers and Black Bombs make him less invincible in Dual Strike (in multiplayer that is). AW1 is underpowered day-to-day b/c no Firepower bonus, but an additional +2 Range and +65 Firepower during Snipe Attack makes him crazy in bursts. From a player's perspective when being used against the AI, Grit is at his weakest in his debut game.

The one time I tried Advanced Campaign, I almost lost this map, the second of the entire campaign! Says something about how brutal AW1's real challenge is.

2023091007493900-s-1.jpg2023091007495700-s-1.jpg

I feel like Grit's stats page image is inferior to his other portraits.

The choice to ditch the international Russian hat and go back to his Japan-exclusive cowboy one was a choice. Given WayForward's liking for exaggerated detail, the wide brim of the Wild West suits their style better.

Musically, Grit's theme got even lazier, slower, than it already was. Others got heavier, he got lighter. Like how?

2023091008051800-s-1.jpg

Not much to be said for Eagle. He new portrayal perhaps suits his pride and self-confidence.

Eagle's theme has more and faster in it like most peoples' now, with one peculiarity. His theme was originally slow to start with a gradual uptick in pace, the remix begins on a very fast note, slams the breaks into a momentary slowdown, and then picks up again.

2023091008241300-s-1.jpg

Better Hector is back! Now with overworked chin muscles! His theme is typical of the new remixes, not bad, nothing standout.

-And yes, nooooooo Advisor what-so-ever confirmed beyond any doubt! Ironic, the seed that birthed Mark who went dormant and would be reborn into Kris-Robin-Corrin-Byleth-Alear-Shez-GatchaPerson, erased.

But back

2023091008243100-s-1.jpg

to

2023091009031700-s-1.jpg2023091009031900-s-1.jpg

maximum

2023091009130900-s-1.jpg

brokenness.

Max was and still is easy mode in AW1. No wonder picking him gives nothing during the Green Earth battles. 50 Firepower is HUGE, and direct combat units are the majority, Max Force sure is nifty too. The subsequent games would have to nerf him, and even then as long as isn't stuck in a turtling/chokepoint situation, Max is a solid CO.

2023091008245200-s-1.jpg2023091008255500-s-1.jpg

While you can replay campaign maps in this version of AW1, a feature that would only later be added in Days of Ruin, you will be locked out of the alternative route after completing the first battle chosen of this short campaign split. I liked this splitting aspect no other AW campaign would have.

And calling the battle "Max Strikes!" even when you pick Andy is forever odd.

2023091009183900-s-1.jpg

Uggggh.😵 If I want to unlock Olaf's Sea Strike, and I do because I want Olaf in the final battle, I have to win Olaf's Navy by rout. But one submarine and one battleship + one lander for 2-3 hit bait, against three subs, three battleships, and three cruisers is insane. This map is extremely easy otherwise, but figuring out how to win by rout is going to be very difficult. Dare I resort to a guide like I did long before?

And about Olaf...

2023091008422200-s-1.jpg

Notice the hands. He still has his AW1 chair, if only barely seen for a split-second, a later moment in the CO Power also flashes the top of it.

13 minutes ago, gnip said:

Not just for its own sake, since there has been a lot of boomer discourse going on in Germany that our recent lack of success in sports is all because KIDS THESE DAYS just don't have any ambition.

Which is, ofc, complete and utter bullshit when you consider German sport teams have been doing really well everywhere except football.

Ice hockey finals earlier this year, now Basketball champions, etc.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Which is, ofc, complete and utter bullshit when you consider German sport teams have been doing really well everywhere except football.

Ice hockey finals earlier this year, now Basketball champions, etc.

I like to say that old farts have been complaining about KIDS THESE DAYS constantly for literal millenia, so one can only imagine what strong, smart, kind, respectful folks the cavemen must have been. But I'm sure that this time the old farts are correct and everybody below the age of 40 is a useless bag of shit.

(I know, "below 40" is a generous bracket to define "KIDS THESE DAYS", but I want to include millenials in this, considering how much boomers love complaining the we ruined the economy by, say, not buying enough diamonds, even though the oldest millenials are getting to an age where they're KIDS THESE DAYSing, too)