Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X drop rates in general are kinda stinky from what I've noticed so this just sucks as a whole.

What? If you get Treasure Sensor equipment from Candid Credible or drops from high level enemies, they aren't that bad. 

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

>Irish legend

>Called a German name instead

Hey, can't argue with the facts. It's not my fault Lieselotte is like, the coolest female name ever made.

I looked up the origins

"In 1931, Estat Català and other parties formed Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya (Republican Left of Catalonia, ERC). Macià proclaimed a Catalan Republic within Spain in 1931, subsequently accepting autonomy within the Spanish state after negotiations with the leaders of the Second Spanish Republic. During the Spanish Civil War, General Francisco Franco abolished Catalan autonomy in 1938. Following Franco's death in 1975, Catalan political parties concentrated on autonomy rather than independence"

Hey, I didn't know they did have it during the second republic. That does set it apart from Pais Vasco and Galicia, I'm pretty sure. Explains why they're so much more militant about it.

Ah of course. Franco was connected to it in some way (he got rid of it). Makes sense why Catalans want to get their thing going again, since they actually did have it and then Franco said no. Now that he's dead and buried, they see a chance.

Off topic, but he's dead, buried, unburied then buried somewhere else. I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but he used to be buried in the Valley of the Fallen, where hundreds of his victims were also buried. Real nice feel for families of Franco's victims to go visit their dead relatives, only to find a troupe of facha clowns praying at the shrine, as it were. Sanchez then had his remains moved in 2019, after much noise from the other side.

But 1975 was 48 years ago too so how much steam does this movement have left?

Well, they did a referendum on the matter in 2017. 90% of the votes were in favor of independence, though it only had a participation rate of 43%. Few weeks later, Puigdemont, the then-president of Cataluña, was ousted by the state and fled to Belgium to avoid legal persecution, where he remains to this day.

So uh, it still has some steam. Though the independentist parties' electoral results in the latest election weren't good. They lost a bunch of votes, which is ironic considering how much sway they're holding over this legislature.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably for the same reason America owns Guantanamo Bay and at one point owned the Panama Canal. Persuasion /s

Yeah but like, we aren't the biggest bullies in the world like the US are. We were, for a time very long ago, but now we're just some country on the ass of Europe that doesn't do much of anything memorable on an international scale. Why do we still have these remnants of the old empire?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well you can do it again with the remak-*gets shot*

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Would've liked to try 3's, but well, NSO. Too bad.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know it's unfinished, but the rabbits look a little too silly for Golden Sun. The anime girl was the goddess is fine, just not the minions.

Hmm... well, it's not like GS had stuff like that. I mean, Boreas and Daedalus were basically mecha, hahaha.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shame Dark Dawn didn't include it like it did Crystallux the commercial summon. Maybe they wanted to save a lunar goddess for whenever they got around to possibly maybe going to the Moon itself (Sheba being speculatively a moon child after all). ...But ofc the franchise died well before it could do that. (Actually, with Boktai in my head, I'm reminded of how that series factored in Moonlight as an element. Moonlight being separate from Darkness, but related, serving as a kind of neutral element between Darkness and Sol. Not exactly able to purify Darkness, but capable at least of sealing it.)

Hmm, maybe. DD certainly was lacking in the summons department by only introducing a single new one. So actually using Artemis would've been neat. Specially when Anemos/Moon played a significant role in the game through the eclipse. Well, hopefully in a fourth game... if it ever comes.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah but like, we aren't the biggest bullies in the world like the US are. We were, for a time very long ago, but now we're just some country on the ass of Europe that doesn't do much of anything memorable on an international scale. Why do we still have these remnants of the old empire?

I mean, at some point it's just more hassle than its worth. Since there's a whole process involved. Not to mention, still being part of a larger country has its own benefits. Also, maybe in some cases the locals don't want independent, just like others would want to. I'm reminded how Malta voted to remain part of the British Empire... but they were still kicked out of it anyway. So... yeah.

Oh yeah this also means the SpotPass content in Awakening and Fates will be gone.

Turns out what really killed Emmeryn wasn't the fall but Nintendo themselves.

28 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

What? If you get Treasure Sensor equipment from Candid Credible or drops from high level enemies, they aren't that bad. 

Even then some specifically drop rates are pretty ass.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, can't argue with the facts. It's not my fault Lieselotte is like, the coolest female name ever made.

Right but like with Fate it's supposed to be based on the actual people/legends. Like if you called Jeanne D'Arc something else, then it's not Jeanne D'Arc.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Real nice feel for families of Franco's victims to go visit their dead relatives, only to find a troupe of facha clowns praying at the shrine, as it were.

Real tone deaf but I'm guessing Franco himself organized for him to be buried there.

Of course, he didn't realize that once you're dead you have no power so someone else could just move him.

On a side note, when Trump finally kicks it, whatever cemetery he gets buried in is going to become annoying. Which is most likely wherever Presidents are buried.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not to mention, still being part of a larger country has its own benefits. Also, maybe in some cases the locals don't want independent,

That moment when Argentina tried to take Falkland, despite that the Falklands considered themselves British.

Argentina put up a poster that said "estamos ganando" as if they ever had a chance of defeating the modern British in a conflict. Even if they did win, the Falklands would never accept them.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That moment when Argentina tried to take Falkland, despite that the Falklands considered themselves British.

Argentina put up a poster that said "estamos ganando" as if they ever had a chance of defeating the modern British in a conflict. Even if they did win, the Falklands would never accept them.

Sometimes it is like that. Smh, it's Malvinas!

Not to mention. Ceuta, for example, has been Spanish since like 1668. When it's been near to 400 years by now, and only a stone's throw away from the "core" part of the country, it'd be odd to see it as a "colony". By that logic, why does Spain still holds Andalusia? They should return to their old Kingdom of Asturias borders if the idea was to discard anything they "conquered".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, gnip said:

Thank you for elaborating, as always, as my historical knowledge tends to be rather big picture, which is to say I generally don't know the details of why something shaked out the way it did. :lol:

You're welcome.

And I didn't get all the details exactly right. Phil 2 of Spain seems to have been very respectful of the Portuguese elite, respected its autonomy and was a good king. Phil 4 on the other hand decided to try doing the unthinkable of abolishing said autonomy and putting Spaniards in Portuguese posts, things that are bound to result in a divorce. Spain being hated by almost everyone in Europe meant the wealthy Portuguese Empire did come under attack, not exactly helpful either, albeit tolerable until the domestic no-nos. 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very, very kinda, but yes. We do have two towns on Morocco and a handful of islands left. Not entirely sure why we were allowed to keep those, to be honest.

Seems like it might be the sheer age of the conquests? Pre-1492, in what could generally be considered the Late Middle Ages, or most Early Renaissance (confined at that point only to Italy, mostly).

Amid all of the upheavals Spain has been through, I surprised Morocco never simply conquered the two Portuguese-turned-Spanish cities.

As for the Canaries, they're islands. Makes it easier to hold onto them than continental possessions, a little water goes a long way. Unlike the Portuguese Madeira, Cape Verde, and Azores islands, however, the Canaries were occupied by humans prior to Spanish arrival. Which meant a little precursor to the fate of the Taino- massacre. And as in the future Caribbean, sugarcane plantations followed, with plenty of African slaves brought in to do the work. Canary wine was a thing too, maybe not as inhumane.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, there was alot of rain 😅

These come to mind when I think of a lot of rain in a game.🌧️

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah this also means the SpotPass content in Awakening and Fates will be gone.

Turns out what really killed Emmeryn wasn't the fall but Nintendo themselves.

Right but like with Fate it's supposed to be based on the actual people/legends. Like if you called Jeanne D'Arc something else, then it's not Jeanne D'Arc.

What I'm saying is the legends should've had a better name

Real tone deaf but I'm guessing Franco himself organized for him to be buried there.

No, actually. He apparently didn't leave a request for his resting place in his testament, nor stated anything to the effect. From what I've gathered, they just... sort of put him there in a hurry after he kicked the bucket. Not quite grasping, or caring about, the long-term ramifications of burying a dictator right next to hundreds of people for whose deaths he was responsible.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amid all of the upheavals Spain has been through, I surprised Morocco never simply conquered the two Portuguese-turned-Spanish cities.

People are like Portugal this, Portugal that - Observer out here asking the real questions.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the Canaries, they're islands. Makes it easier to hold onto them than continental possessions, a little water goes a long way. Unlike the Portuguese Madeira, Cape Verde, and Azores islands, however, the Canaries were occupied by humans prior to Spanish arrival. Which meant a little precursor to the fate of the Taino- massacre. And as in the future Caribbean, sugarcane plantations followed, with plenty of African slaves brought in to do the work. Canary wine was a thing too, maybe not as inhumane.

Truthfully, I don't think anybody gives half a fuck about the Canaries lol. Too much of a hassle, might as well let the paella boys keep 'em.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who is the most bearded character?

15177362b5d566876e0e6601bbd47fca89f4f3d3

Literally Blackbeard

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Be thankful no one here is Irish... maybe.

@Punished Dayni

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spain at the time was ruled by Philip II, great-grandson of the famed Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella of Castile. This was at the peak of Spain's prominence on the world stage. Thus, the aristocracy and other elite of Portugal were very willing to accept Philip II, who did a little invasion to press his claim. The Portuguese nobles thought that this would allow them to trade within the Spanish global empire, and thus make them wealthier.

Fast-forward to the 1640s. The union of Portugal to Spain was a purely personal one, a shared king and that was it. The Portuguese weren't allowed privileged access to the Spanish Empire they had discovered. Thus, the descendants of the men who had accepted the union, decided to rebel and choose the formerly unchosen House of Braganza option. Having a viable Portuguese kingly alternative + a rebellion in Catalonia + Spanish losses against the Netherlands + fighting in the Thirty Years' War, Philip IV saw Portugal go goodbye. There were also depopulation in Aragon, longstanding debt issues spiraling out of control (including several prior defaults), and Phil 4's chief minister Duke Olivares was very unpopular -the Spanish Empire was positively on the decline at this point.

The Portuguese took advantage of the dynastic union to contest the Treaty of Tordesillas and occupy South American territories attributed to the Crown of Castile, expanding Brazil's territory to the west. They carried out expeditions to the interior both by order of the Crown, the "entradas", and by private individuals, the "bandeirantes".

This Pilotable Mecha Suit Is On Sale For $3 Million

...And of course one of the comments explain why mechs will probably always be in the realm of fantasy.😆

46 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

The Portuguese took advantage of the dynastic union to contest the Treaty of Tordesillas and occupy South American territories attributed to the Crown of Castile, expanding Brazil's territory to the west. They carried out expeditions to the interior both by order of the Crown, the "entradas", and by private individuals, the "bandeirantes".

That explains how it was able to expand so much past the Treaty's limits. Not merely the result of a lack of GPS to monitor where the Portuguese were then.

Thank you.😀

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh, it's Malvinas!

Call it "Falklands" when talking to an Argentinan and call it "Malvinas" when talking to a Brit. Play both sides so that you always come out on top.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the Canaries, they're islands. Makes it easier to hold onto them than continental possessions

Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines walk into the room.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truthfully, I don't think anybody gives half a fuck about the Canaries lol. Too much of a hassle, might as well let the paella boys keep 'em.

I have an aunt who lives there.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines walk into the room.

I think you mean swim.

Distance is, of course, a factor. Cuba and Philippines both had rebel movements bubbling for a while. Even if no war had happened, Spain might've lost both anyway. Though Puerto Rico they could've held till today, possibly. They were loyal enough with little unrest in comparison.

That said, maybe it would've been more probable Puerto Rico breaks off during the Civil War, becoming analogous to Taiwan. Franco's forces were quick to bring Equatorial Guinea to their control, but Puerto Rico being so close to the US might be a different story.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This Pilotable Mecha Suit Is On Sale For $3 Million

...And of course one of the comments explain why mechs will probably always be in the realm of fantasy.😆

Ah yes, mecha anime, truly a fond part of my childhood:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, maybe it would've been more probable Puerto Rico breaks off during the Civil War, becoming analogous to Taiwan. Franco's forces were quick to bring Equatorial Guinea to their control, but Puerto Rico being so close to the US might be a different story.

In a scenario where no Spanish-American War happened, Franco might still not be too keen on claiming Puerto Rico if that happened.

Or, even if he did, the Spanish having territory that close to the US when WW2 breaks, I could imagine the US takes a more offensive or defensive approach to that still-Spanish island so close to the mainland.

....or maybe Franco pussies out and give PR up anyways, so that America doesn't have an excuse to put him on their shitlist.

I mean even if Spain didn't declare war, what if Hitler went up to Franco and was like "hey let me stage troops here on this island". Spanish-controlled PR during WW2 would'be likely affected Spain's role in some way. Maybe the war spills onto Spain proper and Franco gets Mussolini'd.

I'm just spitballing here, I don't know how feasible any of this would've been.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In a scenario where no Spanish-American War happened, Franco might still not be too keen on claiming Puerto Rico if that happened.

Or, even if he did, the Spanish having territory that close to the US when WW2 breaks, I could imagine the US takes a more offensive or defensive approach to that still-Spanish island so close to the mainland.

....or maybe Franco pussies out and give PR up anyways, so that America doesn't have an excuse to put him on their shitlist.

I mean even if Spain didn't declare war, what if Hitler went up to Franco and was like "hey let me stage troops here on this island". Spanish-controlled PR during WW2 would'be likely affected Spain's role in some way. Maybe the war spills onto Spain proper and Franco gets Mussolini'd.

I'm just spitballing here, I don't know how feasible any of this would've been.

Of course, PR could've also sided with Franco.

I don't think PR still being Spanish during WW2 might change much. If Hitler couldn't do much with the French islands in the Caribbean, less so with PR if they also try to take over Spain. So Franco would still declare neutrality, keep himself out of the war, and let things unfold as OTL.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*que Ruben getting to nuke FIFA headquarters cause he wants to get some sleep (rabid soccer fans don't let him)*

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who is the most bearded character?

In Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, the titular villain is revived (well, "revived", he becomes a zombie pirate) by a voodoo priest, who is using his still living beard for the necessary ritual.

In Curse of Monkey Island, the 3rd game of the series, LeChuck is brought back to life again, this time as a... demonic zombie or something? I dunno, I remember the specifics being very vague. Somehow, LeChuck returned. In any case, he obviously still has a beard. Made out of pure fire.

fhuhyDa.png

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*que Ruben getting to nuke FIFA headquarters cause he wants to get some sleep (rabid soccer fans don't let him)*

With how corrupt FIFA is nowadays, he might as well be making us a favor.