Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fucking

...Jesus fucking christ, 12 bucks? For the love of God please tell me that's Trump being Trumpy and not the average price of all chocolate bars in your country

Oh hell no, most of them don't go past like $5. It's just airport inflation. Like the movie theater.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fucking

...Jesus fucking christ, 12 bucks? For the love of God please tell me that's Trump being Trumpy and not the average price of all chocolate bars in your country.

Well, he might have his companies dissolved, that just shows how desperate he is to earn money he won't pay his lawyers for.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Could even work from there aslong as i have net (which i will most likely have thanks to mobile and EU roaming laws).

Inb4 Gexit (surely no one's stupid enough to do that again right).

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

as in the new world?

No, not yet. But one day...

Just be sure to stay longer than you usually do cause the size of the Big Three North American countries. Unless you're exclusively staying in NYC, cause that city is it's own beast.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Russian Plants: Uh... niet, comrade... I mean, nein.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They don't openly say Gexit anymore, but it's clear what they planning lol

Also despite Brexit EU roaming laws still apply. I was able to use my mobile in UK just like i did in Germany 😄

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just be sure to stay longer than you usually do cause the size of the Big Three North American countries

It will probably be multiple trips xD

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Russian Plants: Uh... niet, comrade... I mean, nein.

They need a bigger incentive for Germany to buy more Russian gas.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It will probably be multiple trips xD

Eh I mean, I'm sure you can see NYC, Disney World, Vegas and Hollywood within a week /s

ASLpq0C.png

Jesus.

Is somebody here in the serenesforest discord and can see if there's a mod online that can be poked? I reported one of the topics some time this morning, but it doesn't seem that any mod has logged in today.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh hell no, most of them don't go past like $5. It's just airport inflation. Like the movie theater.

Oh, phew.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, he might have his companies dissolved, that just shows how desperate he is to earn money he won't pay his lawyers for.

I mean, credit where credit is due, I might be more tempted to buy something from Trump if it was chocolate. The last chocolate in the world.

4 minutes ago, gnip said:

ASLpq0C.png

Jesus.

Is somebody here in the serenesforest discord and can see if there's a mod online that can be poked? I reported one of the topics some time this morning, but it doesn't seem that any mod has logged in today.

I'm there, I could pass on a message if you like.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm there, I could pass on a message if you like.

I mean, the message would just be "hello, very obnoxious spam bot on the forums". :lol: I think Integrity said somewhere to ping him (or another mod) on discord when this happens, since they're more likely to see it quickly there.

fake-edit: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/99175-quick-psa-on-last-nights-huge-spam-attack/#comment-6043703

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's been more than ten years now... perhaps even more.

Same for me, I think.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Been watching this stuff loosely all day. It's all CNN has been covering (which says something given so much US junk going on right now).

This puts a pause on the idea of pressuring the current Israeli gov't in pulling back on the far right/settlement stuff in order to get them to agree to a lucrative US-Saudi security deal.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And i love to travel, but airports are meh

I know I posted this once before.

5e90cbb315ea4b596e49981d?width=700

Airport terminal in Singapore. Tallest indoor waterfall in the world. Not a bad use of that entrepot wealth.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also, airports nowadays are designed to try to maximize visitor spending. -So I saw it claimed once.

Just be sure to stay longer than you usually do cause the size of the Big Three North American countries. Unless you're exclusively staying in NYC, cause that city is it's own beast.

Yes and no?🤔

Most of the tourist stuff -and there is a lot- is in Manhattan, with a little Brooklyn-Bronx spillover. NYC for the tourist feels like a dense city, for all the times I've been there (and will be there again soon for a ballet). Terrible traffic b/c lol public transportation in the US, but that's a separate issue. Manhattan's signature skyscrapers are tall, but they don't take up a lot of horizontal space.

Tourist/business districts apart from the boring residential zones is likely a norm in cities. New York City long predates the invention of the automobile, so it isn't as spread as I'd imagine Los Angeles would be. NYC is also confined by the Hudson Bay/River and East River. 

Eh I mean, I'm sure you can see NYC, Disney World, Vegas and Hollywood within a week /s

And Washington DC! Gotta throw the capital in there.

Rather easy on tourists, since so much, though not everything, is on the National Mall. Feels more open than NYC, yet it's still got that central point for museums & memorials. Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery will require automotive transportation to reach though.

Philadelphia and Boston are a lower tier of touristy goodness compared to NYC and DC, not much, yet still largely packed into a confined area. If you had four days for a trip to one of them -one arrival, one departure, two full days in between packed with activity, I think you reasonably hit all the big things during those two middle days.

56 minutes ago, gnip said:

ASLpq0C.png

Jesus.

So much Traditional Chinese my computer automatically offered to have it translated. Why does a fake diploma spambot keep targeting SF?

I mentioned this earlier. But I've assumed somebody else has already reported it and the mods will get around to it when they do.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, gnip said:

I mean, the message would just be "hello, very obnoxious spam bot on the forums". :lol: I think Integrity said somewhere to ping him (or another mod) on discord when this happens, since they're more likely to see it quickly there.

fake-edit: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/99175-quick-psa-on-last-nights-huge-spam-attack/#comment-6043703

Did that. Turns out they really hadn't noticed yet lol. Integrity's on it now.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG-20231007-WA0026.jpg?ex=65342f33&is=6

Off to Barcelona in a few minutes. Got a window seat after all.

See if you see me from up there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mentioned this earlier. But I've assumed somebody else has already reported it and the mods will get around to it when they do.

Yeah, normally I would say it's not a big deal. I made a report, the spam will be removed eventually.  But this one literally posts/posted a new topic every minute, so it only gets more obnoxious (including for the mod who has to clean it up, I assume), so I thought a more direct poke might be appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did that. Turns out they really hadn't noticed yet lol. Integrity's on it now.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, gnip said:

Literally 75% of the #FE subforum filled with the spam topics. I pity the mod who has to clean that up.

Looks like it only took them a few minutes to clean it up. I could spam the refresh button and watch the forum page count drop each time. The power of the mods is great.

i literally said to myself yesterday "eh i won't check the forums tomorrow, what harm can it do"

more the fool me

many thanks for getting my attention on this fellas

Edited by Integrity

Whew, been a bit since I have been in the chat thread.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:53 AM, gnip said:

If we're talking single-player, stuff like Fly or Dig (same power as EQ!) is pretty good, too.

Fun fact, Fly and Dig are actually banned in many multiplayer formats due to a bug where being fully paralyzed during the semi-invulnerable turn causes that state to become permanent until you switch out, or use the move again.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, BrightBow said:

I mean, the only trainer who swaps Pokemon is Agatha.

Technically there are two other classes that can switch pokemon, first the Juggler class has a 1/4 chance every turn to switch pokemon, and second Female Cooltrainers have the smartest switching AI in Gen I, where they only have a 1/4 chance of switching when their pokemon is below 1/5 HP. Agetha meanwhile has a bit over 8% chance of switching every turn.

On 10/6/2023 at 12:50 PM, Newtype06 said:

Rise from the Ashes is too long. I don't think I'm even halfway through it.

Isn't that the truth. Also, I hope you are enjoying Ace Attorney, as it is a series I rather like.

20 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  • Master Sword having Durability in TotK makes 0 narrative sense lol

Personally I think the weapon durability was dumb in general.

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also, it's FEE3 time 😄 It outlived E3, crazy, right?

That is rather funny.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now... Would You Kindly be sure no one is planning to hijack the plane near a certain lighthouse...

LOL. The original Bioshock was a real classic.

1 hour ago, gnip said:

Thanks!

Integrity thanked me twice for the heads up. I took the credit without clarifying the initiative was yours. It's a dog eat dog world.

53 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i literally said to myself yesterday "eh i won't check the forums tomorrow, what harm can it do"

more the fool me

many thanks for getting my attention on this fellas

Oh crud--

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've thought they had the Iron Dome up specifically for preventing incidents like these?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So much Traditional Chinese my computer automatically offered to have it translated. Why does a fake diploma spambot keep targeting SF?

At least it's better than seeing the other spambot shilling his bedroom pills.

5 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I've thought they had the Iron Dome up specifically for preventing incidents like these?

Only against launched proyectiles, not an actual invasion, I think. There was certainly more involved in there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt