• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, once done with Kotomi's route, I'll probably take a break. This sure is a long one to go through, heh. I'll probably do afterwards the stuff I'm missing from the Castlevania Advance Collection...

22 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I do wonder what you will think of the Jugdral games...

We'll get there soon enough.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She looks like she could shatter Benny with one bash of her jaw.

Honestly though, even sexualized as it is, at least it looks less awful than heavily armored woman but with holes all over so we can see her assets.

Camilla's problem isn't even that she's sexualized necessarily it's that her design bends around so much to force sexiness that it circles to just looking stupid.

There's a distinction that can be made between characters who are sexualized just to appeal to fanservice (See Camilla, Tharja, Olivia) and characters who are sexualized because it's something they would believably do as characters (See Manuela)

Camilla (with a BUNCH of character tweaks) could fall into that latter category as someone who finds empowerment in showing off skin but is still shown to be a human. A caring but deadly and powerful political figure with her own ambitions and motivations beyond Corrin.

If you don't want skin at all there this amazing depiction

93d37dee629b62bb58b77f2d66e5677f.jpg

Which is a very fun outfit but since her anatomy is still the same it still kind of looks off to me.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Makalov discovered his inner submissive self when Astrid jokingly compared his purchase to that of a slave. He went on to fix his act and become an upstanding, hard-working man to please his mistress.

That's his true ending, if you didn't know. You might get a different one, because this one requires recruiting Xavier in FE5 and then linking the save file. Kaga was a funny man like that.

Unfortunately, the real deal is that of a one-sided relationship where Astrid assures everything Makalov does and doesn't get a wit of anything in return.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I do, I will post pictures.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As someone who was born and raised in one such place, yeah. In my hometown we get like, two buses per day? It's awful. Worst part of living in a small rural village, you need the car for like, everything.

Only rural places? That ain't America.

...Although an automobile isn't absolutely needed everywhere in America. Some dense cities, at least parts of them, are viable without owning a car. But that'd be about it.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They call it the Emptied Spain. Rural villages and towns offer little in the way of work. A lot of these places are rapidly becoming desolate, as young folks move to big cities to find a job. It's such a shame.

Spain isn't the only country with this problem. Japan has been experiencing it too, for more than a decade even, they've documented the abandonment and the peculiar sense of beauty decay has.

Closer to your paella-eater home, the pasta-eaters over a puddle to the east are yet sufferer of retreat from the countryside. Some rural Italian towns have gone so far as to make offers that amount to "anyone can come live here practically for free, if they agree to stay in the long term". In Italy's case, the country has for many centuries had a poor agrarian south and an economically-developed urban center and north.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but i am a sky person, so....

How so? -Just asking.

Trying to think of games that'd align with this. But Baten Kaitos is "wait until sale" for you, and really the sky is just the greater setting (comparable to XC2 being set in a sea of clouds), not so much the gameplay. And unfortunately, Skies of Arcadia, besides being agedly primitive in combat and story alike, is stuck with frequent ye olde random encounters (doubly a shame since the game tries to portray a sense of adventure, which I know you'd like). Other than these, I can't really think of anything ATM. -Other than Solatorobo -but I never played that easy, child-friendly anthropomorphic animals, action game (all I know is the game's title is Japanese for "Sky and Robot").

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Crymaria.Levinc.600.2271074.jpg

Was somebody looking at this?😛

42 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Thinking about how I used to have a hyperfixation on Fire Emblem so I came back here. How is everyone? Life just isn’t how it was back in those days.

I'm on the quiet mend from a month-long depressive episode. (It's end was ...anticlimatic, no underlying problem addressed b/c every psychologist under my insurance seems booked.) So if you've been experiencing any anhedonia, I can relate.🙂

Though as I said, I'm better now, I'm gaming again. I'm reading again.😀

Why is it that once again I'm almost finishing a route so close to midnight...

Well, I'll actually finish it in the morning. I'm probably at only a few lines away like last time, haha.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

There's a distinction that can be made between characters who are sexualized just to appeal to fanservice (See Camilla, Tharja, Olivia) and characters who are sexualized because it's something they would believably do as characters (See Manuela)

I mean I would argue that it's in Olivia's job description.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although an automobile isn't absolutely needed everywhere in America. Some dense cities, at least parts of them, are viable without owning a car. But that'd be about it.

I think the east coast fares better at it since it's relatively closely packed. Especially the New England states.

I will say America's Bumblefuck Nowhere regions are way better designed than Spain's. Because at least the car is still in mind. These Spanish rural villages I passed by, especially in the mountains, maybe allow for like one car if they are lucky.

And again, if you are physically disabled in these parts, you are actually screwed. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spain isn't the only country with this problem. Japan has been experiencing it too, for more than a decade even, they've documented the abandonment and the peculiar sense of beauty decay has.

Spain's problem is probably doubled too due to relatively low wages. Yes, life is cheaper but when a doctor is making shit money compared to where they could elsewhere, it causes more an more people to leave.

Fun fact: it is illegal for any officer to outrank George Washington. They posthumously gave him a six-star rank (the only other guy who got it was Pershing) so that he could be at the top.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wait a minute, I thought your hack was about The Binding Blade? Unless you made another one.

Yeah, like Eltosian said, I got two.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Welcome back. More people should use Sakura's Forest.

I like green, so I've always just stuck with default.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean, I still felt Manuela's outfit is a bit much. Sonya is a better example of the latter, I'd say.

Which is a very fun outfit but since her anatomy is still the same it still kind of looks off to me.

Ah yeah, the cool hat outfit from the retranslation. Some people don't like the hat. Heretics.

...And yeah, gotta love how the jacket just... sort of hangs because of her zeppelins. Her poor back bones, she's gonna look like Doofenshmirtz by the time she turns 30.

Unfortunately, the real deal is that of a one-sided relationship where Astrid assures everything Makalov does and doesn't get a wit of anything in return.

Yes, but like. My version is better.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, Marla is finally in Heroes...

There she is. Clearly someone was inspired by my hack. That's definitely the reason.

6 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Thinking about how I used to have a hyperfixation on Fire Emblem so I came back here. How is everyone? Life just isn’t how it was back in those days.

I'm doing fine.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only rural places? That ain't America.

...Although an automobile isn't absolutely needed everywhere in America. Some dense cities, at least parts of them, are viable without owning a car. But that'd be about it.

Well, to be fair, there are cities where you need a car. I'm just biased because my city's like, awesome. Haven't had the chance to spend a few days there in a bit, I really oughta get away at some point.

Closer to your paella-eater home, the pasta-eaters over a puddle to the east are yet sufferer of retreat from the countryside. Some rural Italian towns have gone so far as to make offers that amount to "anyone can come live here practically for free, if they agree to stay in the long term". In Italy's case, the country has for many centuries had a poor agrarian south and an economically-developed urban center and north.

I suppose it's just bound to happen. Rural work isn't easy.

Was somebody looking at this?😛

Every time I see this I have to do a double-take because that just looks like Camilla fanart.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say America's Bumblefuck Nowhere regions are way better designed than Spain's. Because at least the car is still in mind. These Spanish rural villages I passed by, especially in the mountains, maybe allow for like one car if they are lucky.

Yeah, see, the thing is, Spain has existed for a mite longer than the United states. You can't really expect places to take into account an invention that doesn't exist yet.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spain's problem is probably doubled too due to relatively low wages. Yes, life is cheaper but when a doctor is making shit money compared to where they could elsewhere, it causes more an more people to leave.

That and the unemployment issue, yes. Lots of young people leave the country for work. Some describe Spain as the place where you go retire. It's a top notch country to live in, but to work? Eh.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fun fact: it is illegal for any officer to outrank George Washington. They posthumously gave him a six-star rank (the only other guy who got it was Pershing) so that he could be at the top.

The only version of this I've listened to is this Neko cover that landed in my reccs. Being ambushed with the real deal felt so jarring.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see, the thing is, Spain has existed for a mite longer than the United states. You can't really expect places to take into account an invention that doesn't exist yet.

America was founded 200 years before the automobile. Checkmate /s

I think the real reason Europe didn't get the chance to really suburbanize until later is uh.....it was kinda in ruins. Kinda hard to get away from the city when the city doesn't exist.

@Interdimensional Observer thoughts? Tagging you cause you're the history guy so maybe you've read about it (although iirc your expertise is more medieval stuff).

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

America was founded 200 years before the automobile. Checkmate /s

Little over 100 years, actually. It's short enough that I wager it could possibly be reestructured into automobile-friendly, not to mention a good few cities might've just spawned after the car.

At the same time, those 100 years are plenty of time to make pre-car communities. So, fair enough. I just wanted to call your country a baby country, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Little over 100 years, actually. It's short enough that I wager it could possibly be reestructured into automobile-friendly

The way they did this was buy tearing down residential blocks (that were primarily inhabited by black people, cause racism).

In theory, it's easy to do but when it's been around longer, people are more resistant to it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, fair enough. I just wanted to call your country a baby country, anyway

It is. Though to be fair, we do have some cities and towns older than the countries themselves. Not just in America but Mexico too. Canada............uhhhhhhh

Same deal in South America. Places still inhabited long before anyone set up any countries.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How so?

In stories i always found civilizations in the skies interesting. They always piqued my curiosity and made me wanna explore them. Just trying to imagine what a society there is/could be like grinds my gears 😄

The Sky is also connected with freedom and hope, two things i value alot.

Not to mention i wanna travel the world as well - even if that is only closely related to that.

Trying to think of games that'd align with this

Ys and Trails in the Sky. Both some of my fav. games 😉

VC5 when

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fuck you mean McDonald's Spain doesn't sell milkshakes?

Five guys Milkshakes are good, if Spain has that

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's another problem with the rural world, a lack of access to good healthcare b/c few docs want to practice there. At least Spain isn't the USA in size.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer thoughts? Tagging you cause you're the history guy so maybe you've read about it (although iirc your expertise is more medieval stuff).

I don't have a specialty in anything, I learn whatever I have on hand that seems interesting.😅

Though unfortunately, urban history isn't a strong point of mine. Maybe I should see if I can buy library membership at my old university, would give me no shortage of good reading material.

Suburbs have been limited by what forms of transportation are available. If the point of the suburb is primarily residential, not independently-economic, then one needs fast transportation to get into the city for work. Though this doesn't mean premodern suburbs were impossible, just limited. If a city had walls, you could go for a broad definition and define the suburbs as anything/most things beyond the city walls -provided the city itself didn't massively expand the confines of the walls.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VC5 when

When Sega remembers it owns things other than Sonic and Like A Dragon.😑

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Five guys Milkshakes are good, if Spain has that

Agreed. A black & white or peanut butter milkshake from there is great.😋

I recently started playing Tales of Berseria again, and one of the things i hate most about the battle system: every time the player gets hit, they get stunned. This basically means death afterwards. And if you don't die, they just stun lock you until you DO die.

gZr6LA6.jpg

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A black & white or peanut butter milkshake from there is great.😋

I usually prefer Oreo + Strawberry + Banana 😋

13 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I recently started playing Tales of Berseria again, and one of the things i hate most about the battle system: every time the player gets hit, they get stunned. This basically means death afterwards. And if you don't die, they just stun lock you until you DO die.

remind me if i am wrong - especially since it has been years since i played Berseria, but didn't only happen if you mistime your guard or had no SG?

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

remind me if i am wrong - especially since it has been years since i played Berseria, but didn't only happen if you mistime your guard or had no SG?

On higher difficulties, it just seems to happen randomly as well. For example, if i am attacking and get hit from behind and the attack deals high damage, stun is basically guaranteed.