Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Rex is basically akin to FE4 Sigurd but better honestly. And that is where the line needs to be drawn imo.

Hey now, what about association with a fire-themed character?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

There is a difference in effort vs reward in the other games in the series, getting Rex to that point takes no effort at all. No quests, no new game +, etc. If that broken setup was effort required then I may say otherwise.

Even then, putting it at the bottom is too much of a stretch. The game is overall much better designed than both Xenoblade 1 and Future Connected. Future Redeemed doesn't have bullshit like level penalties or RNG Chain Attacks or just generally being a game where the combat sorta plateaus before reaching the second act of the game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Even then, putting it at the bottom is too much of a stretch. The game is overall much better designed than both Xenoblade 1 and Future Connected. Future Redeemed doesn't have bullshit like level penalties or RNG Chain Attacks or just generally being a game where the combat sorta plateaus before reaching the second act of the game.

XC2 has the level penalties as well. Lmao

In your opinion. In mine, the gameplay never rose past the point Rex joined. Xd

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

I mean it does but it's effect is barely noticeable. It's not like Xenoblade 1 where running into anything slightly above level kills you instantly.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

In your opinion. In mine, the gameplay never rose past the point Rex joined. Xd

Well the opinion is whether or not it's something you care about. Objectively (I'm not talking quality) there's more things going on in FR than XC1. 

As far as RNG goes, XC2 also has enemies with absurd Break resistance basically making it a roulette to get it to stick.

Well yes, I can't imagine an RPG that doesn't. But it's usually not as annoying in XC2.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

mean it does but it's effect is barely noticeable. It's not like Xenoblade 1 where running into anything slightly above level kills you instantly.

The XC2 bonuses for the level difference is crazy, though. Xd

I can show you, if you'd like.

Well yes, I can't imagine an RPG that doesn't. But it's usually not as annoying in XC2.

Getting KOS-MOS. Not everyone is going to get her early. It took me about 400 or so legendary crystals. Which is naturally RNG based.

21 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

The XC2 bonuses for the level difference is crazy, though. Xd

I can show you, if you'd like.

I mean you can show me the exact workings but it's still not like Xenoblade 1 where you just cannot win if they are slightly above level.

Relying on the A.I in any Xenoblade game is its own RNG. Lol

They are usually pretty reliable tho.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean you can show me the exact workings but it's still not like Xenoblade 1 where you just cannot win if they are slightly above level.

They are usually pretty reliable tho.

If you have enough AGL, you can hit pretty much anything in XC1.

You must have been very lucky or we played different games. They dont exactly cooperate when it comes to things like revival, driver combos, placement based arts, etc.

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

you have enough AGL, you can hit pretty much anything in XC1.

Yeah but you gotta do tedious grinding for this. X is worse in that aspect (but it's level penalties aren't as bad).

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

You must have been very lucky or we played different games. They dont exactly cooperate when it comes to things like revival, driver combos, placement based arts, etc.

I've replayed 2 more times than I can count and I can't really think of an instance where the AI had failed me. Sure sometimes they do odd choices but it's not to the point where I lost a fight because of it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but you gotta do tedious grinding for this. X is worse in that aspect (but it's level penalties aren't as bad).

I've replayed 2 more times than I can count and I can't really think of an instance where the AI had failed me. Sure sometimes they do odd choices but it's not to the point where I lost a fight because of it.

It IS an RPG, grinding is an aspect of the game.

They sometimes decide to literally just not revive me, even with max party meter. They just... Keep auto attacking, and nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Sure but there's a point where it becomes tedious.

And 2 does have it's tedious grinding, it's just not determining whether or not you could beat a superboss.

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

They sometimes decide to literally just not revive me, even with max party meter.

Probably a bug or something, they are programmed to revive you.

If it's X you're fucked tho.

Sure but there's a point where it becomes tedious.

And 2 does have it's tedious grinding, it's just not determining whether or not you could beat a superboss.

Probably a bug or something, they are programmed to revive you.

If it's X you're fucked tho.

As with any game with grinding, it needs to be handled properly. Like XCX grinding is easily the worst of any of them, not doubt.

The only grind is non NG+ Tiger Tiger! Which is absurdly boring.

Hmm, I wonder... I doubt I'll have enough words to split the chapter into two, but at the same time I do feel it may end up as too long... well, compared to the previous ones, and the following ones most likely, it would. Hmm...

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well certain Blade Affinities are a pain in the ass as well. Even with Merc Missions.

Nothing can eclipse Tiger Tiger! In the amount of painful grinding in XC2. Its literally boring after the first few minutes, since the minigame itself is relatively simple and uninteresting.

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Rex is basically akin to FE4 Sigurd but better honestly. And that is where the line needs to be drawn imo.

Double spamming Rex dies like, super fast, unlike Mr. Untouchable

yeah but they aren't really noticeable. XBC1 level penalties were super harsh

Xenoblade 1 you couldn't hit anything above 3 levels above you.

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

grinding is an aspect of the game.

eh. No. Not really.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just realized, that's a comic for @Saint Rubenio. Married Peter Parker with a beard and kids becomes a superhero instead of being bitten as a teen. He will read his first Marvel comic and only this one.

Y E S 

Funny I was just having a convo elsewhere whinning about comics being too tired and unimaginative. But it's all good now that we are doing Spiderman again but a beard. I hope next time they do Batman again or Soupman But Evil again, they give them a beard too.

Oh look it's the reason I don't like RPGs

Honestly though, games like Lisa: The Painful prove you do not need grinding in an RPG. Grindy RPGs are just lazy. Says I, in my humblest opinion.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Double spamming Rex dies like, super fast, unlike Mr. Untouchable

yeah but they aren't really noticeable. XBC1 level penalties were super harsh

Xenoblade 1 you couldn't hit anything above 3 levels above you.

eh. No. Not really.

That... Really doesn't matter. It doesnt change anything except it just makes the player wait around longer than they would need to.

Fighting anything yellow tagged is easy, though?

If this were the case, beating Abassay would be impossible, which it isn't. And toppled enemies cant evade, so just topple them?