Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh hey, it's the best Fire Emblem character.hilda.png

Best mom?

I wonder how a meeting between her and Garon would go. Would he try to concubine her?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

F9lFVwJbcAAph9M?format=jpg&name=large

See, i was supposed to start Frienen today but this shit legit took like five hours.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- may God have mercy on your soul because i think this may actually be harder than The Perfect Run. 

Dear dear. That is nice to hear.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

F9lFVwJbcAAph9M?format=jpg&name=large

See, i was supposed to start Frienen today but this shit legit took like five hours.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- may God have mercy on your soul because i think this may actually be harder than The Perfect Run. 

493648303947251713.webp?size=128&quality

And from what i am seeing, it's some kinda badge switcher thing? Fuck

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Aren't Yoshi/Nabbit invincible? Can the game be considered overall difficult with that in play? Xd

You don't... have to use them, though? They're baby mode, so Little Timmy 4 years of age can play the bing bing wahoo game if he wants.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't... have to use them, though? They're baby mode, so Little Timmy 4 years of age can play the bing bing wahoo game if he wants.

I really dislike the idea of them locking player choice behind terrible decisions like this one, its dumb. 

Just make it a toggle option, the way they set it up Yoshi/Nabbit fans cant play the game the normal way. It just pushes players away. 

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I really dislike the idea of them locking player choice behind terrible decisions like this one, its dumb. 

Just make it a toggle option, the way they set it up Yoshi/Nabbit fans cant play the game the normal way. It just pushes players away. 

This is true. The way they did it means Little Timmy can't play Luigi if he wants, or Adult Tommy can't play Yoshi if he wants. Just one more example of Nintendo being ass-backwards in the weirdest ways, I guess.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is true. The way they did it means Little Timmy can't play Luigi if he wants, or Adult Tommy can't play Yoshi if he wants. Just one more example of Nintendo being ass-backwards in the weirdest ways, I guess.

More so in Yoshi's case, arent there 4-5 of them? Cant just one have it and the rest are normal PC's?

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

More so in Yoshi's case, arent there 4-5 of them? Cant just one have it and the rest are normal PC's?

I guess they wanted to have the possibility of four Little Timmies playing together in baby mode. But at that point, you might as well have a toggle and let whoever play as whoever. As you said, options.

But hey, they're getting there. It took them until the Switch re-release of New Mario U to realize that, hey, players appreciate not being forced to be Mario if they're playing solo. Nintendo learns in intervals of 20 years, let's give them some time.

As i've said before, i feel that if an argument to something can only come down to "don't use it", then i think that speaks for itself how much of an issue it can become for someone that generally wants to enjoy said option. They really should ask themselves "hey, could this actually be a problem for the health of the gameplay?"

29 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I admit, i used to always dislike this guy for the stress he caused! lol

mood. That guy was an annoying sob sometimes lol

especially the balloon game

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

493648303947251713.webp?size=128&quality

And from what i am seeing, it's some kinda badge switcher thing? Fuck

Yep. And it's the only Badge Challenge in which you can lose lives. I legit came dangerously close to Game Overing until I went and bought the 99 1-Up pack at the Poplin Shop.

And the thing is, there's checkpoints. And it will still kick you in the balls with a titanium foot.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Aren't Yoshi/Nabbit invincible? Can the game be considered overall difficult with that in play? Xd

They are but they take knockback damage instead and lava/pits still kill them. Knockback in particular can still fuck you up.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tbf Yoshi and the Nabbits have always been helper characters.

Plus, with the online, they have a different purpose: they can pull ahead without worry of death and set up standees to rescue people.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

mood. That guy was an annoying sob sometimes lol

especially the balloon game

That's the QTC one, right? Yeah, it seems pretty luck based unless you have an excellent handle on seconds counted. XD

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The joke is just that I don't like her. About as shallow as her!

Smug_generic.png?ex=654cf632&is=653a8132

She might legit be the prettiest girl in Fates

After Reina and Rinkah's abs

I could drown in some girls with well defined chins.
FEF_Rinkah_02.png

I always thought it was funny that Rinkah still gets the baby-face treatment most other female cast members do in Fates but it's in complete contrast with how fucking ripped she is.

Man isn't it ironic that you and I are the ones who probably complain about the sexualization of female characters the most here yet we are also simultaneously the ones who gush about certain female character designs the most because we have a self-awareness that while bottoming to a character is kind of funny and endearing, talking about wanting to top a character would come off as predatory and creepy so most people who may feel that way just don't ever talk about it so we end up looking like the horny ones?

On 10/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, Armagon said:

Is the country ready for a Native American President?

I mean it'd be neat in an abstract "Oh isn't it cool that a Native American is leading this land for the first time in over a hundred years" kind of thing but it would obviously depend on the individual.

On 10/25/2023 at 9:07 PM, Armagon said:

I'm not familiar with how Spain's former colonies went about things but it seems Latin American countries generally treated indigenous folk better? At least relatively?

From the 60s and 80s the Guatemalan government had for that time declared Indigenous people an enemy of the state as the Mayans were perceived as being more likely to side with the growing communist insurrection. The military at the time would regularly bomb Maya communities and assassinate various people. not for being influential leaders but usually for trying to cut open spaces within the country for them and their family to live safely. One comes to mind of a Maya women who started a clothing business to share and keep alive her communities clothing designs and practices only to be shot dead through her own window by snipers.

Particularly in the highlands, various communities were attacked and burned will the aimed goal of total eradication of the people and villages. Women were raped, bodies were burned and buried alive. It's estimated that over 200,000 people died with around 166,000 of them being Maya.

This isn't some kind of ancient 1800s story were all we have to remember by are paintings and documents by long dead people. This kind of thing was happening to as late as 1983 and almost every adult Maya within the country today can tell you about losing family members and homes growing up.

Is this worse than what the United States and Canada? Well I'd argue it's offensive to say one genocide was better than the other because in either case it was a genocide, and Guatemala is far from being the only Latin American country to carry out things like that. Indigenous pride and pan-unity is still very new in the Americas because while on the surface the culture of many Latino countries looks like one of Spanish mixing with Indigenous, historically and to this day, the most rich and powerful people in the continent are white men, and it's only been the last 20 or so years that some countries have begun bringing in Indigenous pride as a marketing tool for tourism.

On 10/25/2023 at 9:07 PM, Armagon said:

May have something to do with the local history too, it seemed the further north you went in the new world, the more sparse native communities' got. I mean, you had the Mayan Empire in Central America and you had the Inca in the South. Mayans are technically North American but it's still interesting that in the part of the continent that got Anglo'd, there's just....little to no trace of big native cities.

Small correction, there was never one Mayan Empire, it was always a collection of city states that competed against each other for control. We call them all Maya now but back then they would've likely identified with different nationalities.

Even now "Maya" is kind of an umbrella term for lots of different people who speak different languages, it's why I sometimes specify "Lenca Maya" when describing my own ancestry.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

isn't it ironic that you and I are the ones who probably complain about the sexualization of female characters the most here yet we are also simultaneously the ones who gush about certain female character designs the most because we have a self-awareness that while bottoming to a character is kind of funny and endearing, talking about wanting to top a character would come off as predatory and creepy so most people who may feel that way just don't ever talk about it so we end up looking like the horny ones?

"Jesse what are you talking about?"

Small correction, there was never one Mayan Empire, it was always a collection of city states that competed against each other for control. We call them all Maya now but back then they would've likely identified with different nationalities.

Even now "Maya" is kind of an umbrella term for lots of different people who speak different languages, it's why I sometimes specify "Lenca Maya" when describing my own ancestry.

True true, but the point still stands that many indigenous cities were for the most part found in Central and South America, with North America being a lot more nomadic.  

I could drown in some girls with well defined chins.

Ahh, you and me both, matey.

I always thought it was funny that Rinkah still gets the baby-face treatment most other female cast members do in Fates but it's in complete contrast with how fucking ripped she is.

Can't get too unconventionally attractive, now. Doesn't make for good marketing.

Man isn't it ironic that you and I are the ones who probably complain about the sexualization of female characters the most here yet we are also simultaneously the ones who gush about certain female character designs the most because we have a self-awareness that while bottoming to a character is kind of funny and endearing, talking about wanting to top a character would come off as predatory and creepy so most people who may feel that way just don't ever talk about it so we end up looking like the horny ones?

Or, we're hypocrites.

What can I say. The flesh is weak.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had a lot of room, enough that I founded eight cities. Eventually, I crawled out of the perpetually bankrupt hole (and it being King, everyone else teched slowly and was low on gold) ...except my eight city angered Ethiopia enough that they sent an army of muskets and crossbows at me.😑 So I ragequit it there.

Ethiopia must have felt really boxed in in order to declare :lol: I think they're one of the most peaceful civs in the game.

I've been doing a lot of unfinished runs in the past few days.

I think that's the standard way of playing, tbh. I think Soren Johnson (the civ4 lead designer) gave an estimate of the percentage of civ runs that actually go to the victory screen, but I can't find it right now. Definitely well below 50% though, I'm pretty sure.

Be nice to Darius!😛

Whoops :lol: Cyrus in Civ6 and both in Civ4, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty ignorant about Iranian history, beyond "they traded blows with the Romans a lot, but were very quickly annexed by the Arabs after the birth of Islam", so I don't really have a picture of either in my head.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, GuardianSing said:

Me too man, me too.

Bonus points for following up with Rationalism (admittedly, that's an almost obligatory choice) and then Communism. And even more bonus points for the entire world also going Communists, which I think is unusual - normally, people (and AI) are incentivised to pick an ideology (beween Capitalism, Communism, and Fascism - or Freedom/Order/Autocracy, as the game calls them) that hasn't been picked before.

--

Conclusion of the game, by the way: I played it out as a science game, although I took a Persian city in a defensive war. In the peace deal, so not even any agressive expansion with the civs on the other continent. 

Overall, a slower victory than the ol' Freedom path. Roughly 300 turns, which I think is about 20 more than I typically take. I didn't balance production and science very well - the former was the problem, since I only had two cities with really good industry, so I easily got through the entire tech tree before finishing the spaceship parts. It doesn't help that Liberty doesn't allow you to faith-buy Great Engineers, so I couldn't use the Order policy to use those for spaceship parts very well.