Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2023110112515000-s-1.jpg

Finally got around to getting back to this. First action taken was

2023110110573000-s-1.jpg

this.

It's not the fact this game is an RTS that made me do this. It's combination of the fog of war on every single map, with Mana for summoning familiars being finite, and the fact I've had instances where I've sent in a full squad of familiars and seen all eight or so units wiped away in mere seconds, that led me to make this decision. Overall, I still don't have a full grasp on the battles, so I've tuned it down.😅 I still ran into an instance of said "units get obliterated in a blink" on Easy, yet the two subsequent battles were actually rather easy.

That said, I do enjoy the general vibe of GrimGrimoire. -It does run into something of a persistent Vanillaware "issue", each ingame day only covers the important event of it. That keeps things filler-free, but as in 13 Sentinels (also Odin Sphere and Muramasa, but those two, especially the latter, are more justifiable in their lack of chillaxing), the lack of downtime might be regrettable for casual character fleshing-out. But I am willing to overlook it, the profusion of unlocked artwork helps to fill in this gap in this particular case.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ku7SM98.png

me

except the crab part...although eating them being a pain is true

Glad you found your spirit pixels.😄

But, I dunno, you don't don't seem like the button-masher type.😛

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also i take min. 3 Hours to sleep

Sleep is overrated. Unless you have a job that demands full attention and precision, then I demand you get all the slumber you need. Airline accidents with fatalities whose root causes included lack of adequate sleep for the pilots have happened.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, twilit said:

Yo Shrimpy's playing Scarlet Nexus? Have fun, homie.

Thankies, friendo

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023110112515000-s-1.jpg

Witch.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, I dunno, you don't don't seem like the button-masher type.😛

True lol

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sleep is overrated.

Facts

But still better than working

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Airline accidents with fatalities whose root causes included lack of adequate sleep for the pilots have happened.

Good thing i am not a pilot then xD

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shouzou Kaga's seal of approval.

Context BTW (no major spoilers or anything), if you don't mind it, knowing it being a Vanillaware game means you might play it eventually...

Spoiler

She's a homunculus. All she desires is a purpose for her life, though Professor Chartreuse -whom she addresses as "Creator"- refuses to give her one. 

She was also made by placing the spirit of an angel into physical form. (I get the impression angels are strongly implied to be "Astral"/purely spiritual like ghosts, aka non-"Substance"/material beings.) Chartreuse considers that in itself to be alchemic lifeform perfection, he doesn't seek anything else from her. She also can't remember anything from her angelic life, contributing to her *ahem* desperate remarks.

It's also the fact that she's a "fallen angel" that makes Advocat

2023110115271800-s-1.jpg

for her. He claims that all devils are instinctually -to use his exact language- like "cats in heat" for a materialized being of purest purity.😈

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, so that's the full version...

This is my new earworm now, heh...

---

OMG, Hikaru Midorikawa voiced Yoshino in Clannad!? I'm terrible at recognizing voices, ahahahaha. XD And then one so profilic with mecha? And I call myself a SRW fan!? I've brought dishonor to cow...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Shouzou Kaga's seal of approval.

The only Fire Emblem games where anyone gets to marry their child are Awakening and Fates. Don't think Kaga had anything to do with those.

Frankly I can't think of a single instance of this being even vaguely a thing in any game Kaga worked on. Even Finn, the only FE4 character playable in both parts of the game, is explicitly unable to marry anyone in Gen 2. So they seemed to have gone out of their way to make sure that a scenario like this could not occur.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

The only Fire Emblem games where anyone gets to marry their child are Awakening and Fates.

Splitting hairs, but their child is untrue. A child, yeah, I'm not about to go making excuses for Nowi here. But incest on this level is not a possibility.

Woke up earlier than usual, went to the beach (only like 15 mins away) and saw the sunrise.🌅 Might as well, because before the clock-change in a few days, it rises pretty late. Unfortunately, despite there being nothing but blue skies overhead, off there was a wall of clouds over the ocean.😑 Took like a half-hour past the sunrise time before it finally rose enough to make it over the clouds. The wait was made more annoying by the fact it was 32F/0C outside.🥶 Still, I saw it ☀️, and taking in the quiet beauty of dawn along the sand and sea was lovely.😀 Stopped by the bakery for some fresh rolls afterwards too.

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wWocuy7.png

those are some good scores

A good remake for the best game in the franchise from what I've heard.

I could see myself giving it a whirl -but not for the foreseeable future.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh, they also haven't passed yet that reform that will make Día de Muertos an official holiday...

...How has it not been?🤨 It's an internationally-known holiday that's uniquely Mexican. It's got the whole "paying respects to the dead" aspect too, that makes it respectable enough to honor with official recognition.

BTW-

https://www.siliconera.com/magic-knight-rayearth-twitter-account-opens-for-30th-anniversary/

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Splitting hairs, but their child is untrue. A child, yeah, I'm not about to go making excuses for Nowi here. But incest on this level is not a possibility.

Awakening literally has different story dialog depending on if Lucina is your child or your wife.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Awakening literally has different story dialog depending on if Lucina is your child or your wife.

...And? That has nothing to do with anything. You can't marry Lucina if she's your kid. For starters because you'd already be married to Chrom lol. For her to be marriable, you cannot be married to Chrom, at which point there's nothing wrong with marrying her because she's, y'know, someone else's daughter.

I'm reminded of that quirk where Morgan can pair off with their uncle/aunt...

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...How has it not been?🤨 It's an internationally-known holiday that's uniquely Mexican. It's got the whole "paying respects to the dead" aspect too, that makes it respectable enough to honor with official recognition.

I guess it's one of those cases where no one bothered.

It's always been something unnofficial. Schools and even some government related works will have today and Friday off. It's only people like me who are getting kinda screwed without an actual law enforcing it. The most we have is an Altar contest between all the company departments.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, nice.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And? That has nothing to do with anything. You can't marry Lucina if she's your kid. For starters because you'd already be married to Chrom lol. For her to be marriable, you cannot be married to Chrom, at which point there's nothing wrong with marrying her because she's, y'know, someone else's daughter.

I mean, I wasn't assuming both of these scenarios would apply at the same time either.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023110112515000-s-1.jpg

Honestly, Lucina is even a better comparison than I realized. Considering you actually meet her before any of that stuff is set in stone and you can decide if you would rather want her to be your wife or your child.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:16 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thanks for all the well wishing, seems like its healing up just fine, it was just painful and stressful, and will probably leave a nasty scare beneath my hairline. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight, as I could barely get any deep sleep after that fright last night.

Oof, I missed that at first. Hope it keeps getting better.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd so want a sugar skull, hehehe...

Calaveritas de azúcar, amaranto o chocolate | Servicio de Información  Agroalimentaria y Pesquera | Gobierno | gob.mx

When I was a kid I always wanted to eat these things. My family would make them and have to keep them away from me and the other kids.

...Honestly even though I would probably throw up because it's pure sugar, I still kind of want to eat one.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, I wasn't assuming both of these scenarios would apply at the same time either.

Honestly, Lucina is even a better comparison than I realized. Considering you actually meet her before any of that stuff is set in stone and you can decide if you would rather want her to be your wife or your child.

It's dependent on your avatar's gender which you decide before the game starts and before you meet any of the characters. Female Robin can only ever be Lucina's mother or friend, and Male Robin can only ever be Lucina's husband or friend. And I'm pretty sure most players don't pick their avatar's gender based on whether or not they want to either marry or parent a specific character, nor do I think the developers had that thinking when giving the possibility.

Ultimately it seems like an observation that is only worth for the single shock line "Oh Robin can be both Lucina's mother and Husband!" because both of those things can only happen in their own timeline separate from each other with different circumstances, and it's only really weird if you use information that is neither relevant nor known about to the characters involved and their timeline. The game clearly doesn't want you to think about it as it's never mentioned or hinted at once and so it's only something that the player can realize by themselves, anyone trying to fetishize it has to try really hard.  No one at IS was cackling to themselves about being able to realize their highly specific multiverse information required incest fetish.

Compared to the step-family incest in Fates, or hell, the explicit cousin to cousin incest in Awakening, it's nothing.