Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

100% Mario Wonder AMA

Congrats!😃

43 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I heavily respect and envy people like you. It takes me months to simply beat a game, let alone 100% one.

Same.😆 Nowadays I've simply given up on 100%ing 99% of what I play. Postgame bonus challenges/dungeons/bosses tend to be the casualty of this.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Congrats!😃

thankies!

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nowadays I've simply given up on 100%ing 99% of what I play. Postgame bonus challenges/dungeons/bosses tend to be the casualty of this

for me it depends on game.

To do post game/100%:

• I have to find the game really really fun
  • The post game not a chore
  • Post game doesn't require grinding

etc.

Mario games i usually try to 100% because post game is where the meat of the challenge is. Not that the main game is not fun, in Mario it usually is, and usually really creative too (3D atleast), but also lacks the punch that only post game Mario provides.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5YgekYD.png

What am I practicing? My attention span?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it makes you feel better, I'm currently about to reach 1000 achievements in Payday 2. Not quite 100%, but it's the big milestone that gives you celebratory cosmetic items. To reach it, I'm also trying to beat every heist in Death Wish difficulty, the highest difficulty I dare to tackle with my silly non-meta builds.

I have been playing the game for 8 years.

The issue for me tends to be that for any game, regardless of how much I enjoy it, I get exhausted from playing an hour of it and it takes four or more days for me to feel like playing it again.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The issue for me tends to be that for any game, regardless of how much I enjoy it, I get exhausted from playing an hour of it and it takes four or more days for me to feel like playing it again.

That's rough. But hey, completionism is never a necessity. Any amount of enjoyment you get out of a game is good.

Okay, since it is taking quite a bit, I decided to just install Steam on my mother's laptop. Well, it used to have it at some point, since the laptop itself used to be my brother's, but he removed it when he handed the laptop over. Ah well.

@Acacia Sgt I just stumbled on this.

https://www.destructoid.com/mazin-saga-for-genesis-mega-drive-can-be-hazardous-to-your-ego/

Looking at the design of MaZ in this universe, the chest piece greatly resembles the Fire Blaster. I take it that was this mash-up spinoff (or whatever you'd call it) that inspired the design of Mazinkaiser? 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just stumbled on this.

https://www.destructoid.com/mazin-saga-for-genesis-mega-drive-can-be-hazardous-to-your-ego/

Looking at the design of MaZ in this universe, the chest piece greatly resembles the Fire Blaster. I take it that was this mash-up spinoff (or whatever you'd call it) that inspired the design of Mazinkaiser? 

Oh, that's interesting.

It's possible, or in general it might be the Devilman-esque inspiration and the similarities is just a coincidence. Still, that's cool. More so seeing the game has on-foot segments with Koji in armor. That's interesting, heh.

Also, looking at its release dates... it actually was released in the US one day before Japan? Wait, what...?

Confused guy meme" Poster for Sale by Carou | Redbubble

@Lightchao42

It's that time of year again

Also they are cooking with these Minus One posters

F-A-uLKWMAAABg7?format=jpg&name=large

F-B33_YXsAAFAra?format=jpg&name=large

F983CciWEAAoFAW?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5YgekYD.png

This mfer should burn in hell for saying that in that section.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Mario games i usually try to 100% because post game is where the meat of the challenge is. Not that the main game is not fun, in Mario it usually is, and usually really creative too (3D atleast), but also lacks the punch that only post game Mario provides.

100%ing Mario is also a fairly easy endeavor tbh.

How would you rate Wonder?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's possible, or in general it might be the Devilman-esque inspiration and the similarities is just a coincidence.

Wikipedia also mentions the manga having Koji go berserk on the first use of the MaZ armor. Not uncommon a trope to say the very least, but it is how the Mazinkaiser OVA begins you said, curious coincidence.

And there's the matter of Final Kaiser Blaaaaaaado! being the strongest attack of Mazinkaiser. That, when the classic MaZ doesn't pack a sword, and the sword is secondary in strength to the Great's chest-blasting, shocking-pointing, and great-boosting. Maybe the Kaiser Blade's prominence is derived from Mazin Saga?

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, that's cool. More so seeing the game has on-foot segments with Koji in armor. That's interesting, heh.

If only the boundary separating dimensions extremely selectively supremely momentarily weakened during the moment in 30 where Rayearth monsters invaded the battleships and the heroes fought back.😛

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, looking at its release dates... it actually was released in the US one day before Japan? Wait, what...?

Confused guy meme" Poster for Sale by Carou | Redbubble

Honestly, I'm just surprised it released outside of Japan at all.😆 The Mazinger license ought to be pretty obscure outside of Japan, particularly in the early-Internet early 90s. Good financial sense says this ought to have stayed in Nippon.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wikipedia also mentions the manga having Koji go berserk on the first use of the MaZ armor. Not uncommon a trope to say the very least, but it is how the Mazinkaiser OVA begins you said, curious coincidence.

It could certainly be a callback.

And there's the matter of Final Kaiser Blaaaaaaado! being the strongest attack of Mazinkaiser. That, when the classic MaZ doesn't pack a sword, and the sword is secondary in strength to the Great's chest-blasting, shocking-pointing, and great-boosting. Maybe the Kaiser Blade's prominence is derived from Mazin Saga?

Well, the Mazingers having a sword goes back to Great Mazinger. So I guess by that point it was just part of the standard weaponry of a Mazin. Maybe not as iconic as the Rocket Punch or Breast Fire, but it was there.

If only the boundary separating dimensions extremely selectively supremely momentarily weakened during the moment in 30 where Rayearth monsters invaded the battleships and the heroes fought back.😛

I guess the Mazinkaiser Infinitism was chosen over any other thing to give Koji for 30, heh. XD 

Honestly, I'm just surprised it released outside of Japan at all.😆 The Mazinger license ought to be pretty obscure outside of Japan, particularly in the early-Internet early 90s. Good financial sense says this ought to have stayed in Nippon.

To be fair, Mazinger Z did got released in a lot of countries. Just... known as Tranzor Z in most of them. Thankfully, Latin America got it faithfully translated and uncut.

As it is, mecha anime would fare decent enough outside the US. Lots of series did got European releases and the like.

Aaaaaah, Clannad, I so missed this. Should've done this way earlier, but then I might not have actually finished writing Chapter 6. Maybe.

Yes, I needed more Sunohara to laugh at. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

*Watches some Smash Bros online. Begins to feel like my back is about to fall out of bed even though it obviously won't.😵*

...Am I really starting to feel ...whatever this is... with Smash? I already do with some other games/situations, but Smash? Now I feel old.

Hmm, I remember reading that Misae is meant to be a sort-of reference to Full Metal Panic. More so in the anime, considering the same studio did worked on both, apparently. Same surname as Sosuke, same VA as Kaname and has the blue hair too... well, Misae's look to be a shade darker, I think. Anyway, this led to people joking she's their daughter. I can... see it, maybe, heh.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For me it has helped to see it as something to schedule. Play X game for # time or amount of stuff, then switch to Y game, and so on.

I've tried that before but in scheduling any hobby of mine I found that it was the best way to get me to hate that hobby.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

100%ing Mario is also a fairly easy endeavor tbh.

>Me, who starts failing on the fourth world of these games, gives up and never picks it up again.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I've tried that before but in scheduling any hobby of mine I found that it was the best way to get me to hate that hobby.

Yeah, I guess it's not for everyone. I feel more at ease when everything's structured like that I guess. Perhaps even it's why I can enjoy them. I try not to, but the sense of randomness or lack of control is... well, it doesn't fit well with me.

I still can't get over the fact the Japanese word for Bread is... Pan. Just that, Pan. Took it straight from the Portuguese (yes, them, they used to call it, or write it at least, as Pan during those times before changing it, apparently) and didn't made up a word for it later on. No, just kept using Pan.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, GuardianSing said:

Compared to the step-family incest in Fates, or hell, the explicit cousin to cousin incest in Awakening, it's nothing.

And the best part of it all is that the incest is 150% avoidable based upon the player's choices when pairing up units.