• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I do appreciate how FE3 gives Javelins 20 weight to make sure they are impossible to double with.

Then TRS comes along and adds the Pilum.
Although Berwick Saga most certainly shows they learned from that, at least.
Even added the Throw skill, so you can swap to a different weapon right after attacking with a throwing spear. Which I would imagine is a huge reason why that whole "Javelins sets speed to 0" thing of FE3 wasn't kept.

Edited by BrightBow

14 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know if it's optimal. I just think he is a douchebag. Astram needs to stop aiding the enemies of his wife. Guy did this twice in less than two years.

Well, luckily, it is optimal. In FE12 dude's completely worthless, gets one-rounded by thieves and forces you to deploy Jeorge long after he's fallen off to even recruitment. One of the worst late prepromotes in a game filled with garbage late prepromotes.
In 3 I imagine the stat thresholds are kinder to him... but then, Samson next chapter is literally just Better Astram in every single stat except for Wlvl - and, funnily enough, even though Astram has 4 more points of Wlvl than Samson, 16 compared to Samson's 12, it makes exactly zero difference because Mercurius is rank 12. And, of course, you still have to use a deployment slot on Jeorge. So it's still better to just off Astram for his sword, and if you're in that much of a need for a prepromo hero, Samson has you covered.

tl;dr: Kill that fuck. It's the right move.

14 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Admittedly that wasn't intentional. I just wanted to check what he says, so I made a savestate. Or at least I thought I did, except I accidentally made a screenshot instead. So I had to commit. Guy wouldn't even have died if Palla didn't crit his sorry ass with an Iron Lance.
Oh well, just like back when I ended up having to kill Tharja, nothing of value was lost. And I actually got a nice sword out of it too.

Happy accident, if you ask me.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

f0hp9p8qs6zb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=13ddcea42f

I still say Leonardo DiCaprio.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's odd that BP is the only way to acquire the full-power Gangrelari. Sumeragi carries it in his Rev battle, but he doesn't drop it and seems to never use it instead of the Hagakure Blade.

Imagine Sumeragi being anything other than a waste of space and tears.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ganglari unleashed does have the second-highest Mt of any sword in the game (Hagakure is the highest -yet with that Atk-halving penalty), which with nice accuracy more than compensates for the 20% HP loss after combat and -5 Crit Evade.

It's a really fun blade to use. And it's the Garon blade!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

E L    E S P A Ñ O L

Was pretty accurate to Madrid, i should actually be uploading the pictures of my trip huh. It's been a month.

There it is. The theme of Spain.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:
8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So you actually saw Luigi in a kart pass by?

Yeah he threw a red shell and it hit some old people in the back. Very rude.

I remember that. It was a traumatic experience.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do appreciate how FE3 gives Javelins 20 weight to make sure they are impossible to double with.

Then TRS comes along and adds the Pilum.
Although Berwick Saga most certainly shows they learned from that, at least.
Even added the Throw skill, so you can swap to a different weapon right after attacking with a throwing spear. Which I would imagine is a huge reason why that whole "Javelins sets speed to 0" thing of FE3 wasn't kept.

And then there's 7 and 8 where they're just the best weapons in the game lol

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There it is. The theme of Spain.

The heck, for a moment I saw the Shrek video I posted in your quote, refreshed, and it was replaced by the correct video.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The heck, for a moment I saw the Shrek video I posted in your quote, refreshed, and it was replaced by the correct video.

I've been noticing that for a while. It happens sometimes. Just Serenes things, I suppose.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

E L    E S P A Ñ O L

Was pretty accurate to Madrid, i should actually be uploading the pictures of my trip huh. It's been a month.

Nintendo give us a Latin America course you cowards.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG LOL

That guy's "Austin Powers in Mass Effect" videos were amazing. Highly recommended, if you haven't seen them, especially because playing Shepherd as an Austin Powers clone is not actually that far-fetched. :lol: 

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Nintendo give us a Latin America course you cowards.

Hey, there's Los Ange-*gets shot*

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

So this Frieren anime is like the Kane saga…except without a protagonist who is amoral along with being immortal.

You know Frieren good when even Wraith is watching it.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/11/falcom-to-release-new-trails-title-in-japan-by-september-2024

For those interested.🥱

---

Can't decide what to play next on my Switch. Resume SMTV, resume TriStrat (veeeery early into it, got derailed by last year's melancholy), or, finally start XC3. -I still haven't begun the Raze playthrough in MK2, nor resumed RF5 on PC either.

*Sigh* All the time in the world, and I don't play enough of the games I seriously want to. How do I even have a backlog when I have so few affairs to attend to IRL?😑 An insignificant asteroid floating in the Kuiper belt has more dynamism and less silent drift than I. The year is approaching its end, and how many games have I seriously gone through? Whatever the count, it must be paltry, but a tiny fraction of what I could've done, of what I could've done with my life in general, but didn't.🚬

So I'm visiting this monastery-turned-museum right. The cloister is dead silent and barren of other human beings. Until I came upon a man blatantly disregarding the no pictires rule.

My ass picked this exact moment to fart. Guy didn't react but sheesh, must've absolutely heard that.

35 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

That information was... best kept to oneself.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, who likes to hear about someone not following the no pictures rule.

I know, right. Sorry for sharing such a sordid tale, but I needed to get it out of my chest. Would you believe he had a whole-ass camera? Not even just discreet pictures with his phone! What an inconsiderate man...