• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Baten Kaitos Origins

"In the Holoholo Jungle, during the boss battle against the Holoholobird, players are unable to progress if the battle lasts more than a certain amount of time; Other minor issues."

Of all bosses that were glitched (now fixed) this time 'round, it had to be this one.😆

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No way that was the context.

If one's definition of "bestiality" includes "feelings of romantic love for a non-humanoid living being", then yes, that's the context.😛

-Although circumstances immediately after lead Lily to snap out of it and realize Raze is truly the only one for her. -Not like he reciprocates, at all.

However...

gsdx-20231114205627.png

...one way to do this would be 👰💐.

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Live is literally unbearable without Ice shush

Can't say I disagree with this. I loves me some vanilla peanut butter crunch 😊, or 1.1 liters/a quart of cookie butter ice cream (consumed over three sittings, I'm not that bad).🍨 To name the two flavors I've had most recently.

Now that I Gunter Badded at long last, I finally got around to starting Last Scenario. The introduction was suitably generic. A great war hundreds of years ago, horde of demons, great hero gave his life to save the world, yada yada. I'm Hilbert, this wide-eyed blond teen who could not be more yawn-inducing if he tried. His character trait so far is that he really really wants to be a hero. To that end, he went to rescue a neighbor's cat from a cave.

He failed miserably. A monster had already eaten the cat. No playable cat for me this time lol. Upon returning home, Hilbert happened upon this mysterious robed woman who told him that he's the chosen one.

iAI7Dm00_o.pngh2ntZehy_o.png

Yeaaah, you know, considering the whole premise of this game is "start as generic as possible and then turn the tropes on their head", and also the fact that she looks scary as fuck, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this woman has bullshitted me. Not that she needed to do much - upon hearing all that Hilbert just went "oh boy I knew it! I always knew I was destined to be a hero" and pretty much begged her to keep stringing him along.

I'm 10 minutes into this and this guy is already looking like he's going to give Okarin a run for his money on the "make all of the mistakes and spend the entire 2nd half of the game paying for them" department.

Not much to note gameplay-wise. So far it's just being "bland JRPG". But I'm willing to humor it for a while. Exit Fate was only the most fun I've ever had playing a JRPG, after all.

w2YJLcI7_o.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaand there's a board game in the game. For no reason.

Of course. It's always something with this guy. What an absolute tragedy he only ever made two games...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Looks interesting. The board game, that is.

I'm actually starting to be sad that the brunt of the game's going to be a RPG. Possibly one that'll get interesting as time goes on, I get more characters and difficulty ramps up, but... Dangit the board game is really fun.

Basically, see those pins on the cards? Those are attack directions. Whenever a card is placed, it will attack on each direction with a pin for as much damage as the upper number. In turn, every adjacent card will counter if the placed card is in one of its attack directions. When a card's HP reaches 0, it turns to the enemy.

By the time all cards are placed, you must have more cards of your color than the opponent to win. Win, you get to take a card. Lose, you get a card taken. Sadly, I've discovered that the game doesn't really have a "memory" of which cards it's taken from you, they just vanish, you cannot reclaim them.

Still, this is really fun. I've been fighting this one girl for 15 minutes. She's the second opponent on the game and she's already giving me hell. But I'll beat her, I'll definitely beat her.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm actually starting to be sad that the brunt of the game's going to be a RPG. Possibly one that'll get interesting as time goes on, I get more characters and difficulty ramps up, but... Dangit the board game is really fun.

Basically, see those pins on the cards? Those are attack directions. Whenever a card is placed, it will attack on each direction with a pin for as much damage as the upper number. In turn, every adjacent card will counter if the placed card is in one of its attack directions. When a card's HP reaches 0, it turns to the enemy.

By the time all cards are placed, you must have more cards of your color than the opponent to win. Win, you get to take a card. Lose, you get a card taken. Sadly, I've discovered that the game doesn't really have a "memory" of which cards it's taken from you, they just vanish, you cannot reclaim them.

Still, this is really fun. I've been fighting this one girl for 15 minutes. She's the second opponent on the game and she's already giving me hell. But I'll beat her, I'll definitely beat her.

Ah, so basically Triple Triad but with BestHexagons.

Never mind, the card selection is random but it does seem like the NPCs have an inventory, my lost card just showed up in her deck.

...Not that I want it back. I'm taking what's hers in vengeance.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, so basically Triple Triad but with BestHexagons.

Well, I don't know how that one goes, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a Berwification of a minigame from a big JRPG. This creator loved his inspirations, after all.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I don't know how that one goes, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a Berwification of a minigame from a big JRPG. This creator loved his inspirations, after all.

Triple Triad comes from FFVIII. Regular cards, where every side has a number, and no HP. Just bigger number flips the other card.

Winning and losing cards from your inventory is more complex than that, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Book 2 Shiida is not doing too great, what with her coming after the ascended Catria and Palla. Book 1 is another matter entirely, though. She is so much better than in FE1. Same HP bonus as plenty of other physical units, but she also got extra strength.

But what really helps her is that lances got buffed accuracy while cavalry can no longer use swords. Suddenly she is the only mounted unit who can double attack from horseback, being able to take advantage of the power and accuracy of Lances without having to worry about the weight.
Being able to support Ogma and Marth is pretty great too. Ogma's luck base is not the best, so he most certainly appreciates the crit resistance.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Triple Triad comes from FFVIII. Regular cards, where every side has a number, and no HP. Just bigger number flips the other card.

Winning and losing cards from your inventory is more complex than that, as it were

Everyone loves the random/same/plus rules, lmao

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Acacia Sgt

https://www.siliconera.com/full-metal-panic-family-will-come-out-in-january-2024/

In SRW when?

Hopefully "Uncle Kurz" doesn't corrupt the kiddos.

Hahaha, maybe. Depends if it has enough mecha action to be adapted. Though actual chances may be on the low side, as it is.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, maybe. Depends if it has enough mecha action to be adapted. Though actual chances may be on the low side, as it is.

Yeah. I was honestly speaking my brain's first thought and joking at the same time.😛

I have nothing against a wholesome Family-Manga, shorn of Arms Slaves or any elite covert operations.😃

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah. I was honestly speaking my brain's first thought and joking at the same time.😛

I have nothing against a wholesome Family-Manga, shorn of Arms Slaves or any elite covert operations.😃

Bonta-kun better show up! lol

Oh, got a Dangopedia entry to show just fine. Looking at them ordered alphabetically, it seems resume is actually not one of them, since I got every one starting with R. So... why is it in red, then?

F-_Z7nAWoAAlEdX?format=jpg&name=large

F-_Z8DZXMAA5Trd?format=jpg&name=large

F-_Z82OXUAAVxus?format=jpg&name=large

Honestly, this feels weird. Not bad. It just feels weird. Special edition of The Daleks in color (to be clear, it's not trying to replace the original version).

This is actually a great example of how things were filmed back then, certain things had to be certain colors to give off the actual "intended color" when it came to black and white filming.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of all bosses that were glitched (now fixed) this time 'round, it had to be this one.😆

There was a timelimit?

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rurus-rurus-suicide-show.gif

Me playing Gravity Rush 2.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that I Gunter Badded at long last, I finally got around to starting Last Scenario. The introduction was suitably generic. A great war hundreds of years ago, horde of demons, great hero gave his life to save the world, yada yada. I'm Hilbert, this wide-eyed blond teen who could not be more yawn-inducing if he tried. His character trait so far is that he really really wants to be a hero. To that end, he went to rescue a neighbor's cat from a cave.

He failed miserably. A monster had already eaten the cat. No playable cat for me this time lol. Upon returning home, Hilbert happened upon this mysterious robed woman who told him that he's the chosen one.

Ruben playing an RPG? Willingly? What manner of sorcery is this?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ruben playing an RPG? Willingly? What manner of sorcery is this?

I would certainly want to know. I long gave up on suggesting games since not a single one has stuck...