Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cyberpunk just won Best Ongoing Game (weird but ok, wouldn't consider it an ongoing game myself). CDPR is a Polish studio.

I mean as in timezone not this lmao

It's 4 am over here and the only reason i am watching is because i am incapable of sleeping like a normal person even if i ahve to work in 4 hours

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean as in timezone not this lmao

It's 4 am over here and the only reason i am watching is because i am incapable of sleeping like a normal person even if i ahve to work in 4 hours

Oh lmao. Yeah like 9 hour difference, oof.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let me guess, the leftmost one is some kind of kitsune (not unlike the one in LoZ OoT/MM which is also yellow, come to think of it) and not Pikachu... XD

I don't think Game Freak was confident enough in their IP to sue just yet.😄

-I can't easily find a clearer picture on the web, strangely. I guess b/c game real old and most people don't care about the rivals marrying? But there are always a few fans who want it back.

Yeah, I'm aware of those stuff... and others, like the Ellen event... specially the Ellen event...

Things happen in life and I don't like being reminded of them.

The remake changed the winery, from what I recall.

I believe so, though I don't recall from memory.

...Fogu says it's still called a winery ("Aja" is now "Adge"), but only sells grape juice and *ahem* premium grape juice. (Why not sparkling grape juice? That's a nonalcoholic thing I drank once, only to realize I dislike carbonated beverages.)

A few festivals are also missing. I also remember there was a swimming race minigame for the beginning of Summer event that's also not in FoMT.

True, I had forgotten that. A few minor one-off events too I think?

Biggest cut had to be the "story", for as little it had. The one about how the girl you befriended as a kid (if playing as a boy) / the man that rescued you from the river (if playing as a girl) end up being revealed to be the person you would eventually marry. The flashback sequences in the intro are still there... but in FoMT they go nowhere now. No acknowledgement or follow up or anything. I could understand if they had been cut from the remake since they were no longer fully compatible with the "you can now marry everyone regardless of gender" format of the remake, but they were gone from the GBA original too. That's just... bizarre for me, at least.

TBF, with the Harvest Goddess/Kappa available, the flashback surprise reveal wouldn't have worked part of the time. -Although that's a very thin excuse.

The solution to the s/s issue with the flashbacks would be to have two individuals present in both scenes, one of each gender, leaving it open to who the MC was fonder towards. As for two flashbacks, give the classic farmhand appearances the boy's flashback, give the modernized appearances the girl's.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Game Freak was confident enough in their IP to sue just yet.😄

-I can't easily find a clearer picture on the web, strangely. I guess b/c game real old and most people don't care about the rivals marrying? But there are always a few fans who want it back.

Maybe it's a thing with them in general? Since as I said, the LoZ one:

Keaton.png

Is also yellow with those black tips on the ears like the HM baby outfit. So probably just yellow/golden foxes, or rather, kitsune.

Personally, I'm one of those. It's not even the shipping aspect. The player can only marry one option anyway, so let the rest of them at least also get to marry too. That way you'd only get the one unmarried (unless they pull a RF2 Yue), instead of just about everybody.

Things happen in life and I don't like being reminded of them.

How nice of them to do it again in the first Story of Seasons game...

I believe so, though I don't recall from memory.

...Fogu says it's still called a winery ("Aja" is now "Adge"), but only sells grape juice and *ahem* premium grape juice. (Why not sparkling grape juice? That's a nonalcoholic thing I drank once, only to realize I dislike carbonated beverages.)

Ah, okay. But yeah, still non-alcoholic.

True, I had forgotten that. A few minor one-off events too I think?

Yeah, probably. I can't remember all that BTN had either.

TBF, with the Harvest Goddess/Kappa available, the flashback surprise reveal wouldn't have worked part of the time. -Although that's a very thin excuse.

The solution to the s/s issue with the flashbacks would be to have two individuals present in both scenes, one of each gender, leaving it open to who the MC was fonder towards. As for two flashbacks, give the classic farmhand appearances the boy's flashback, give the modernized appearances the girl's.

True, but that's still the minority of options anyway. Keep it for the rest, but not they, then. Though it's funny to think how it could still work with the Gourmet.

I mean, that could work. Have the MC go through both events. Covers all bases... outside the Goddess/Kappa again. But again, they'd be in the minority.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I'm one of those. It's not even the shipping aspect. The player can only marry one option anyway, so let the rest of them at least also get to marry too. That way you'd only get the one unmarried (unless they pull a RF2 Yue), instead of just about everybody.

Same. And it's more realistic too, having everyone looking for love instead of just you. All that's needed is a switch by default set to "off" for those who don't want the pressure of a marriage deadline.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Pikmin won Best Strategy? Not surprised. I was actually thinking it'd be that one. Or Reboot Camp getting a pity win due to the delay. Either of.

I'm slightly sad that it didn't, given the much-needed joy it brought me earlier this year.

-But I totally get the loss objectively, Re-Boot is just a faithful remake of two old games. Pikmin 4 is actually something new.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. And it's more realistic too, having everyone looking for love instead of just you. All that's needed is a switch by default set to "off" for those who don't want the pressure of a marriage deadline.

I think it'd be fine just gate'ing the marriages themselves (and perhaps the last rival event if it's the one with the confession) until after yours. That way you don't lock yourself out accidentally by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm slightly sad that it didn't, given the much-needed joy it brought me earlier this year.

-But I totally get the loss objectively, Re-Boot is just a faithful remake of two old games. Pikmin 4 is actually something new.

True. And Pikmin is a bigger name, as it were.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it'd be fine just gate'ing the marriages themselves (and perhaps the last rival event if it's the one with the confession) until after yours. That way you don't lock yourself out accidentally by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That would be simpler than what I was thinking. That being, the person in the couple who chooses to do the proposing directly asks you for a confidence booster first, or something (which reminds me of what I read of Gaius in RF3). Your marriage instead becomes the thing that gives the rest the courage to take the big step.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Teens? But Olivier is 25.

Olivier doesn't count because he's the best damn character in the place

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

There is a reason Cassius wasn't around, but it isn't fully explained until later.

How many games later?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's honestly pretty funny how Alfonse is like so ruthless. Bro's experienced more conflict than any other FE lord, he does not care anymore. He'll say "I'll kill you" with like the straightest face you've ever seen, he won't budge. Bro went from generic anime protag to professional killer.

It's tough living in a gacha knowing you're a vanilla unit and thus completely worthless forever due to powercreep.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Pikmin won Best Strategy? Not surprised. I was actually thinking it'd be that one. Or Reboot Camp getting a pity win due to the delay. Either of.

Reboot Camp never stood a chance. If Pikmin wasn't competing, Engage would probably have won by default, as divisive as it is, just because its brand name is better known. The Game Awards are a popularity contest, and Reboot Camp made very little impact, I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also as expected, Baldur's sweep

Yep, the predictable result all around.

Personally, I'm most amused by all the folks over at the FE subreddit using this as a gotcha towards Engage. And just like that, now you have a war going on at the damned place. "Three Houses united the fanbase," they said.

I completely forgot Grevandel was introduced in VS1 in the same chapter as Roland and Accorte. I could've sworn it was just some random generic Margulite.

...Probably because he was, and then got given a (hilarious) portrait and plot importance in the sequel lol

Anyway, last time I massacred the villagers like a gullible moron. This time, I made sure not to. The rewards aren't all that, but hey, better than nothing.

Also triumphant music is a pretty bad choice to accompany the scene where people talk about a guy's eyes being plucked out. The game does have the kindness to end the map immediately after seizing the monastery since I routed almost all of the enemy forces up in the steppe, at least. I thought they were going to make me walk Zade all the way up to Cyltan's sorry behind.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah sheesh.

They aren't even trying to be subtle

"Fire Emblem Engage has been EPICALLY defeated in the MARKETPLACE of IDEAS with FACTS and LOGIC"

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

it still lives rent free in my head.

I like how every directer wants to make their own hype atomic breath scene and they all turn out different somehow.

Relatedly, I've seen people say that Minus One is the first time they rooted against Godzilla. I'd say it certainly made him menacing.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tomorrow being Aguinaldo day, I'd be lying if I wasn't tempted to just buy Xeno 3 already and be on standby for when I finish 2+Torna.

Don't worry, you still haven't played Trails in the Sky SC yet despite the previous game ending on a cliffhanger, so you might not be tempted to start Xenoblade 3 immediately.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TGA in old world friendly times when

You say that as if not watching TGA is a bad thing.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I need y'all to go watch peak.

GODZILLA SWEEP

Especially impressive since it didn't get any advertising, at least from what I saw, though I heard word-of-mouth was unexpectedly good.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. And Pikmin is a bigger name, as it were.

Is it? Pikmin has always sold decently well but the last main game was released a decade before Pikmin 4. Meanwhile, Fire Emblem rarely goes two or three years without a new game being released.

Of course, Olimar and Louie are deeper, more complicated, and well-written than any FE character.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How many games later?

Depending on how you count "fully" explained, one or two.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'm most amused by all the folks over at the FE subreddit using this as a gotcha towards Engage. And just like that, now you have a war going on at the damned place. "Three Houses united the fanbase," they said.

It takes me back to when Fates came out, we are truly in the endless now.

There he is! The man, the myth, the legend!

20231208140457_1.jpg?ex=658589b9&is=6573

...Okay, yeah, no. These screenshots are way too fucking crusty. Starting now I'm taking them manually. Fuck you, Steam.

Anyway, there he is! Generic bossman who was turned into a playable in the second game for... reasons known only to Kaga! I can't wait to murder him (non-lethally) for his sword (that he'll later get back somehow).

...Wait...

20231208140456_1.jpg?ex=658589b9&is=6573

Karajan!?

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It takes me back to when Fates came out, we are truly in the endless now.

I saw a comment in the Engage Hate thread at the subreddit pointing out that the Switch era of FE is actually following the exact same structure as the 3DS era.

1. First game defies all expectations, sells like cupcakes and becomes the most popular game in the series bar none.

2. Second game kicks its sorry behind to the stratosphere in terms of gameplay, but is generally derided for having bad story. Fire Emblem fans truly want visual novels, so this is enough to make it vastly more unpopular.

3. Remake. Probably will be "too faithful" and go by without much fanfare.

We basically know that FE4 is coming, so... Yeah, accurate. It's the exact same process. Which means on top of passing on FE4, I can safely pass on the first FE that comes out in the next console generation. Hurray.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I completely forgot Grevandel was introduced in VS1 in the same chapter as Roland and Accorte. I could've sworn it was just some random generic Margulite.

...Probably because he was, and then got given a (hilarious) portrait and plot importance in the sequel lol

Nah. He is mentioned in chapter 19 and that he has some plot in the works in Regina utilizing his illusions who are so flawless than even the Nanna couldn't see through them.
Very much implying him to be the one who went into the sanctum and kidnapped Nina, as well as the real identity behind the Zecharias from the prison colony.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Fire Emblem Engage has been EPICALLY defeated in the MARKETPLACE of IDEAS with FACTS and LOGIC"

Treating it like it's a freaking football match lmao

Fire Emblem fans truly want visual novels,

"Fe gameplay never mattered" seems like a common opinion nowadays

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There he is! The man, the myth, the legend!

20200119110818.png

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/06/10/232607

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, there he is! Generic bossman who was turned into a playable in the second game for... reasons known only to Kaga! I can't wait to murder him (non-lethally) for his sword (that he'll later get back somehow).

Doesn't he have an alternate ending in VS2 if his sword is lost, where he gets a new one thinking it's the same sword?

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Nah. He is mentioned in chapter 19 and that he has some plot in the works in Regina utilizing his illusions who are so flawless than even the Nanna couldn't see through them.
Very much implying him to be the one who went into the sanctum and kidnapped Nina, as well as the real identity behind the Zecharias from the prison colony.

That's true. And I can totally understand not showing his true face in VS1, opting instead for a generic hood. Dude's haircut really doesn't work for him, he doesn't look imposing enough.

...Then again, Lagniel was a generic in VS1, Sujata didn't have PTSD and Ashram didn't even look like himself, so honestly, who even knows what plans Kaga had at the onset.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Treating it like it's a freaking football match lmao

I mean, I guess I get it. Engage failed to get an award despite being nominated, whereas Houses was nominated for nothing and still got Player's Choice. That's how it went, right? I might be misremembering. Of course folks are happy that Good Gameplay Central is failing, I mean, who cares about that? The majority of the fanbase doesn't want to play games, they just want to read. But books are too complicated for them.

...Okay I'm getting salty again, back to Vestaria it is with me. Vestaria I can understand. All four Kaga fans are in perfect agreement that Kaga makes great games except when he's being a creepshow.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Look at the epic man with his sword. All this picture is missing is Karajan standing in the background stoically.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Doesn't he have an alternate ending in VS2 if his sword is lost, where he gets a new one thinking it's the same sword?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten! I actually saw it in my second run. Considering the stats aren't even the same... Yeah, Baymonk totally just got a different sword and called it Euphoria.

...Poor guy. Born with mental illness before the age of therapists...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's how it went, right? I might be misremembering.

I think strategy award as well

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

f course folks are happy that Good Gameplay Central is failing, I mean, who cares about that?

How the fanbase unironically feels atm

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How the fanbase unironically feels atm

I guess if the majority wants it, that'll have to be that.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If that was a factor, Wargroove 2 would have won.

Haha, indies having a chance at the Game Awards. No, all indies will duke it out in their two pity categories and they'll like it. Give AAAs 27 categories, even though it's so obvious they didn't even have enough games to fill the five slots for half of them.