• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I haven't played Genealogy but

On 12/6/2023 at 4:28 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember him. He was my favorite character until Team Rocket kidnapped him, except not, and then he just... left. Too old to play a major role in a game like that. Nah, we need more time for the generic anime teens.

Teens? But Olivier is 25.

There is a reason Cassius wasn't around, but it isn't fully explained until later.

On 12/6/2023 at 5:52 PM, Armagon said:

Deadass, I never knew he died. Like I knew he fell into the pit and battles the Barlog but like I didn't know he actually died for real.

I don't know if you plan on reading/watching The Lord of the Rings but

Spoiler

for plot-related reasons, he doesn't stay dead.

15 hours ago, ping said:

♪♪ Brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way. Brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away! ♪♪

Seems like he's made some bad life decisions somewhere on the path between the Sword Coast and Ylisse.

(I just realise that I cropped his name on the screenshot, but this, too, is Garrick)

Garrick really let himself go when he ended up in Ylisse. I wonder if it has something to do with three other people looking just like him.

1 hour ago, twilit said:

soon:tm:

Have fun! Assuming you got this recently, I'm a bit surprised that you found a physical copy. If I had a nickel for every Teeheer who got Xenoblade 2 within the past two weeks or so, I'd have two nickels.

GAya-LWbQAA2vJC?format=jpg&name=large

@Lightchao42 it still lives rent free in my head.

2 hours ago, twilit said:

GAx0vOdWsAAMpje?format=jpg&name=large

Xenopeak Chronicles 2.

Hope you enjoy!

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know if you plan on reading/watching The Lord of the Rings but

So i wasn't remembering wrong then.

Compiling all my Beta Tellius thoughts led me to conceive of one... amusing idea of pure speculation.😆

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I like the look of this

I haven't watched a single vid of it. But, given comments have referred to it as "Persona with a fantasy setting", and it is being developed by Atlus with one of the Persona leads on it, I'm very hesitant. Now don't question how I just the other day bought a game made by an American who outright stated Persona inspiration. I'm not against (modern) Persona, but I'm... keeping my distance for now. Get up to date with P6 and maybe I'll give it a go.

3 hours ago, twilit said:

GAx0vOdWsAAMpje?format=jpg&name=large

I bet you'll finish it before I do.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Have fun! Assuming you got this recently, I'm a bit surprised that you found a physical copy. If I had a nickel for every Teeheer who got Xenoblade 2 within the past two weeks or so, I'd have two nickels.

Tomorrow being Aguinaldo day, I'd be lying if I wasn't tempted to just buy Xeno 3 already and be on standby for when I finish 2+Torna.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

haven't watched a single vid of it. But, given comments have referred to it as "Persona with a fantasy setting", and it is being developed by Atlus with one of the Persona leads on it, I'm very hesitant. Now don't question how I just the other day bought a game made by an American who outright stated Persona inspiration. I'm not against (modern) Persona, but I'm... keeping my distance for now. Get up to date with P6 and maybe I'll give it a go.

Well, i don't see any school atleast, which means i might like it, so it's clearly not Persona 😛

Less Persona than Cold Steel anyway

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, i don't see any school atleast, so already not Persona 😛

Persona can do without school. Eternal Punishment has a playable cast which with one exception is entirely in the 20s, and 30 for its oldest.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Less Persona than Cold Steel anyway

I ain't touching the latter until the overarching story is 100% done, epilogue+++ game included. Then I'll play all the games, in reverse order.

What is... Bokujo Monogatari 2... doing here? Marvelous sorted out the license issue with Natsume?😮

Oh early childhood.😄 Not sure how I truly understood it when I read so little as a wee lad of like 4 at the earliest. Though I still remember not to leave the dog in the bathroom, it might disappear that way. Leave the little guy in the greenhouse instead, it magically makes the collapsible glass building hurricane/blizzard-proof.

The 64 graphics are still... something unmistakable for sure.😆 

Ah yes, HM64.

As someone who started with FoMT, I always get a chuckle at how they just took HM64, changed the character relations/jobs/etc, and made BTN out of it. I always get that sense of "It's not the original, that was 64", but well, I'm more used to how the characters are in BTN/FoMT, so yeah...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As someone who started with FoMT, I always get a chuckle at how they just took HM64, changed the character relations/jobs/etc, and made BTN out of it. I always get that sense of "It's not the original, that was 64", but well, I'm more used to how the characters are in BTN/FoMT, so yeah...

I had both 64 and BtN, so I'm used to it both ways. I suppose the recycling was viable given 64 was on the 64 and BtN on the PS1. It was a quirky-creative idea however you cut it a little like SRW.

I'll say I find 64 more charming, but Back to Nature is indubitably the more developed game. Although I think the founder of Bokumono remarked BtN went too complicated on the farming for them.

It would be nice if 64 got a remake (which is going to need more depth, plus FeMC & dating events with the guys), buuuuuuuut the shared cast issue makes that difficult for yet more time to come. If we're going to get another SoS remake, it'll probably be something else.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had both 64 and BtN, so I'm used to it both ways. I suppose the recycling was viable given 64 was on the 64 and BtN on the PS1. It was a quirky-creative idea however you cut it a little like SRW.

I'll say I find 64 more charming, but Back to Nature is indubitably the more developed game. Although I think the founder of Bokumono remarked BtN went too complicated on the farming for them.

It would be nice if 64 got a remake (which is going to need more depth, plus FeMC & dating events with the guys), buuuuuuuut the shared cast issue makes that difficult for yet more time to come. If we're going to get another SoS remake, it'll probably be something else.

64 certainly has stuff that's not in BTN. 64 actually allowed the rival marriages to have babies too, was it?

This reminds me, I wished it had been BTN the one remade and not FoMT. Because the latter is basically just a truncated version of the former. We ended up missing out on quite a few stuff...

It's honestly pretty funny how Alfonse is like so ruthless. Bro's experienced more conflict than any other FE lord, he does not care anymore. He'll say "I'll kill you" with like the straightest face you've ever seen, he won't budge. Bro went from generic anime protag to professional killer.

Edited by Armagon

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

64 certainly has stuff that's not in BTN. 64 actually allowed the rival marriages to have babies too, was it?

...I am on Fogu right now looking at that.🤣

babyka.gifbabyel.gifbabypo.gifbabyma.gif

(The site is missing AnnxCliff's dino child.)

...64 also has domestic abuse, included a bruise-under-the-eye portrait for Cliff.😐 And is decidedly more pro-drinking with its New Year's festival (and is Karen apparently dangerously an alcoholic after rival marriage). But you know what it doesn't have? Actual names for all the NPCs ignore Doctor in BtN.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me, I wished it had been BTN the one remade and not FoMT. Because the latter is basically just a truncated version of the former. We ended up missing out on quite a few stuff...

FoMT did change the stuff in the winter mine though, adding all those gems. Won, the Harvest Goddess, Gourmet and Kappa marriages, the Goddess and Kappa Gems, the Cursed/Blessed and Mythril tools. Letting you continue playing as the girl after marriage.

Yet, it is true that three NPCs were lost- Keno the photographer, Greg the fisherman, and Louis the beekeeper.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I am on Fogu right now looking at that.🤣

babyka.gifbabyel.gifbabypo.gifbabyma.gif

(The site is missing AnnxCliff's dino child.)

Let me guess, the leftmost one is some kind of kitsune (not unlike the one in LoZ OoT/MM which is also yellow, come to think of it) and not Pikachu... XD

...64 also has domestic abuse, included a bruise-under-the-eye portrait for Cliff.😐 And is decidedly more pro-drinking with its New Year's festival (and is Karen apparently dangerously an alcoholic after rival marriage). But you know what it doesn't have? Actual names for all the NPCs ignore Doctor in BtN.

I thought there was an event that revealed it... probably in FoMT, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, I'm aware of those stuff... and others, like the Ellen event... specially the Ellen event...

Huh, you'd think it would be the PS1 version having those while, at least localized 64 being in a Nintento platform, would not. Then again, nowadays it's even tamer. The remake changed the winery, from what I recall.

FoMT did change the stuff in the winter mine though, adding all those gems. Won, the Harvest Goddess, Gourmet and Kappa marriages, the Goddess and Kappa Gems, the Cursed/Blessed and Mythril tools. Letting you continue playing as the girl after marriage.

Yet, it is true that three NPCs were lost- Keno the photographer, Greg the fisherman, and Louis the beekeeper.

A few festivals are also missing. I also remember there was a swimming race minigame for the beginning of Summer event that's also not in FoMT.

Biggest cut had to be the "story", for as little it had. The one about how the girl you befriended as a kid (if playing as a boy) / the man that rescued you from the river (if playing as a girl) end up being revealed to be the person you would eventually marry. The flashback sequences in the intro are still there... but in FoMT they go nowhere now. No acknowledgement or follow up or anything. I could understand if they had been cut from the remake since they were no longer fully compatible with the "you can now marry everyone regardless of gender" format of the remake, but they were gone from the GBA original too. That's just... bizarre for me, at least.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TGA in old world friendly times when

Cyberpunk just won Best Ongoing Game (weird but ok, wouldn't consider it an ongoing game myself). CDPR is a Polish studio.