Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

When i downloaded for use on the Switch, it came with tons of them, i don't recall having to download anything. Strange.

Not sure, but Im guessing the difference is for a PC it all installs locally

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ncuti, I can't lie, your Sonic Screwdriver kinda sucks. That said, the Rwandan proverb ("the sharpness of the toung always defeats the sharpness of the warrior") written in Gallifreyan on the Screwdriver is an actually neat touch. I don't like the design of this overall but I do like how they were able to put in Ncuti's heritage in a part of his setup.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

May procrastination and its potential consequences always induce a sense of worry and anxiety in you (in a moderate dose).

It was a 25-page minimum script I had to write. I thought "no biggie, I'm a fast writer". .....I only wrote 13 pages. To be fair, he said to write the first act and I did but uh....

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not Kaga's fault if you don't read what he writes properly.

No like, back then at least it was actually mistranslated according to someone on the server I got those images from.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As long as you send the fliers north to help out, it ends up fairly easy

I benched the fliers cause they all sucked ass. I've never seen fliers be that bad in a game before but Vestaria did it.

And that's the thing with Vestaria. It'll hard punish you later if you dared to bench someone. Hopefully Vestaria 2 isn't as spiteful.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then his daughter is a horrible monster who owns a slave that she has lashed for fun.

For once, Kaga had the gender roles reversed. Curious as to what potion he drank that day.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Not sure, but Im guessing the difference is for a PC it all installs locally

I wished i had more insight, but getting it to properly run was hell on Switch. At least for me it was lmao

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I benched the fliers cause they all sucked ass. I've never seen fliers be that bad in a game before but Vestaria did it.

This is true. Rubina and Yaeri live and die by the Doyenne. If they don't have it, they're both completely useless. Ma'aya is even worse, but at least she can be used as a silver card. It's something. This is all made even funnier because the game teases you with Aslanne, who is way more competent than either her subordinates... and then takes her away until the very final map, and doesn't even give her her pegasus back at that point. So silly.

Predictably, this is where I point out that VS2 kicks VS1's sorry butt in this department as well. Gone are the three scrubladies from VS1. Aslanne is still pretty epic, but she gets to exist instead of... whatever she is in VS1; Orphelia is a bit weaker but not nearly as much as the VS1 fliers, she has actual potential, grows super quick and has the quirk of being able to use staves when dismounted, making her a pretty unique unit; Salyna is a lategame flying healer with lances to do a bit of odd combat on the side, and lastly, Bertoullia is Bertoullia.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that's the thing with Vestaria. It'll hard punish you later if you dared to bench someone. Hopefully Vestaria 2 isn't as spiteful.

It's not really possible to bench someone in VS2 due to how deployment works. There's less chapters with the whole army than with separate teams that you have to deploy either in their entirety or nearly in their entirety. Promotion is also not a thing, except for a few very specific cases, so you don't have to worry about that. Units can fall behind in levels, of course, but the game is very generous with EXP and powerful weaponry, and stat progression is not that steep. Lastly, the cast of VS2 is overall more powerful than VS1's, so that helps too.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For once, Kaga had the gender roles reversed. Curious as to what potion he drank that day.

I don't really compare this one to the usual Kaga slaver because usually those just exist as a generic plot device to victimize some girl for the sake of his fetishes. This is a major character with a development arc and a designated romance subplot. With the slave. That she nearly has killed and abuses on the daily.

...Yeaaaah...

Seeing Godzilla Minus One renewed my interest in seeing every Godzilla film, so I watched Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (I meant to watch all of them before seeing Minus One but obviously I never got around to it). It was fun and Ebirah was cool, though getting the main characters on the island was pretty contrived. First this guy's brother was lost at sea, so he goes to a dancing competition to get a yacht. Then two guys there say "hey, we'll take you to a yacht" and then they all go to one for some reason. Then a guy in the yacht points a gun at them and says "eh, you can stay the night" and then the guys exploit his hospitality by taking the yacht out to sea while he's asleep. The guy in the yacht didn't actually own it, which is aside the point. It's also pretty apparent that Godzilla's role was written with King Kong in mind, which is an amusing anecdote.

More importantly it features Godzilla's greatest foe, the Giant Condor. The scene where it came out of nowhere, fought Godzilla for a minute, died and was never mentioned again is truly the greatest in cinematic history.

14 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Except Oliver, the goddess clearly favors him.

Somehow... Oliver returned.

I was surprised that you recruited him by accident, but apparently he only moves when Rafiel is in his range. It was nice of IS to make his recruitment convenient like that. Too bad that doesn't apply to Stefan.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was a 25-page minimum script I had to write. I thought "no biggie, I'm a fast writer". .....I only wrote 13 pages.

003-essay-example-spongebob.jpg

I'm not sure how it reflects on me that I feel nostalgic for writing essays.

In today's edition of "things I forgot about VS1"...

Vestaria_Saga_I_10_12_2023_16_44_08.png?

Kaga accidentally wrote a better romance between Hoelun and Athol in a single sequence of dialogue than between Athol and Zade in the entire game. Such a shame.

djqgpnl9yf5c1.png
oct5dnl9yf5c1.png
dxbcqnl9yf5c1.png
7dgi2rl9yf5c1.jpg
x01aesl9yf5c1.jpg

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

uys I did it. I procrastinated so hard i kinda fucked up a college final. And the funniest part is, because i knocked it out of the park with everything else, even if i get the worst possible grade on that final, i'll be finishing the class with a very high C. Haha!

I will not do this again. I can't go down that dark path.

Ah this brings back memories. Something similar happened to me early as well 😄

Good luck in your future endeavors, and enjoy college while it lasts!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga accidentally wrote a better romance between Hoelun and Athol in a single sequence of dialogue than between Athol and Zade in the entire game. Such a shame.

tbf

Athol x Zade is the worst romance in the history of FE (+Kaga), and i am including all shitty supports out there and even the one Kaga game i didn't play (TRS)

It can't get worse than this

But yeah Hoelun x Athol and Cyltan x Zade should've been game tbh

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

djqgpnl9yf5c1.png

Okay but she looks fabulous though.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean, there's Lyttia and Tallan... In the same game...

Goodness, this game. Siegfried and Hilda carrying the entire fucking thing on their shoulders because every other ship Kaga wrote is garbage.

But yeah Hoelun x Athol and Cyltan x Zade should've been game tbh

Those are such better pairs, it's insane. Too bad Kaga is old.

bRxOwVY.png

What the fuck is that price??????ß

The one we'll look back and be glad for when newer ones are even more expensive.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"She has a good heart" my buttocks. This whole subplot is so morally bankrupt, even by Kaga standards.

Very true, Lyttia is a little monster, and she doesn't actually learn her lesson. If she wasn't literally the game's dancer, I would bench the little monster out of spite (like Hortensia).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Baffling, the fliers and their Doyenne are fantastic. That flier exclusive brave 1-2 lance became so vital to innumerable portions of the game that I have no idea what your playthrough might have even looked like, they are almost always my most repaired weapons in the game...

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Athol x Zade is the worst romance in the history of FE (+Kaga), and i am including all shitty supports out there and even the one Kaga game i didn't play (TRS)

Honestly, I think Athol x Zade being a terrible idea for all involved is a bit intentional.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

bRxOwVY.png

Hahahahahahaha!

Ahahaha!

I mean, think about it, it's only 10 more bucks than ToTK, and 70 bucks worked perfectly well for ToTK. Why not go 80? And it'll work for this one as well, because Final Fantasy VII. Then the next big name will go to 90, so on, so forth. Triple A gaming!

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Very true, Lyttia is a little monster, and she doesn't actually learn her lesson. If she wasn't literally the game's dancer, I would bench the little monster out of spite

Hey, there's an idea. Might see about sending her to die on Therenius's blade this time. See what the ending looks like when the purple hellspawn is gone.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

(like Hortensia).

I mean, listen, I also benched Hortensia out of spite, but she's a liability. Don't compare her to Lyttia. Lyttia's actually evil.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Baffling, the fliers and their Doyenne are fantastic. That flier exclusive brave 1-2 lance became so vital to innumerable portions of the game that I have no idea what your playthrough might have even looked like, they are almost always my most repaired weapons in the game...

If you're prone to the preserving mindset, trying to conserve that thing is going to spell the doom of both fliers, since they suck balls without it.

Not that there's any merit to that mindset in Vestaria, anyway, with the giant amount of personal weaopns, brave weapons, powerful weapons you get and siurian thaumite being a thing.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, I think Athol x Zade being a terrible idea for all involved is a bit intentional.

I would believe that if it wasn't consistently presented as cute and endearing and one of the main conflicts of the second game wasn't Zade rescuing his beloved from the clutches of evil. They keep dropping all the cliche lines, they just lack any sort of chemistry because Kaga can't write a romance to save his life.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay but she looks fabulous though

Always did!

Anime nuns are sure something else

there's Lyttia and Tallan... In the same game...

I prefer it over Athol x Zade

Toxic ships > boring bad ones

Those are such better pairs, it's insane. Too bad Kaga is old.

I think it's less old and more like Kaga wrote them more "natural" then shoehorning romance in, hence why they are better

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The one we'll look back and be glad for when newer ones are even more expensive.

1135487124666318848.webp?size=128&qualit

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

521118932749516830.webp?size=128&quality

It honestly never felt that way to me. The game really never portrayed it in a negative light. The one time it maybe tried to do (at the end of VS1), turns out that it was much better for Athol than what happened after

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would believe that if it wasn't consistently presented as cute and endearing and one of the main conflicts of the second game wasn't Zade rescuing his beloved from the clutches of evil. They keep dropping all the cliche lines, they just lack any sort of chemistry because Kaga can't write a romance to save his life.

exactly this

And i mean

Athol x Zade does have potential to be actually absolutely amazing - the ingredients are there, but Kaga can not cook this at all

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

I don't think I'd bench a unit just for not liking them.

With Hortensia it even feels counter-productive, considering she's the ultimate staff bot. Give her Divine Pulse+ and get her Lck high enough, and she'll never miss...

Also, World Tree + Nodus, MWAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Acacia Sgt

YiMMlZl9_o.png

I can't believe Not Bennette and her friends are the strongest enemies in the entire game.

I keep missing and having to redo three turns. God fucking damn them... It's going to make me spiteful enough to commit the war crime.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is a major character with a development arc and a designated romance subplot. With the slave. That she nearly has killed and abuses on the daily.

...Yeaaaah...

By the same guy who wrote in a subplot where a girl gets sold into slavery, is made a slave dancer, and then is like "you know I actually kinda liked it".

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep

BASED!

Ebirah's one of my favorites. Underrated film.

20231210_134308.jpg?ex=65887bc8&is=65760

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

bRxOwVY.png

Should've had better currency bozo /s (it's $70 here and yes $ and € are different currencies other than that they're basically around the same exchange rate so why does it cost that much more?)

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well I can tell you that the playthrough stopped at the route split cause everyone in Clyde's side was under leveled as hell.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, listen, I also benched Hortensia out of spite, but she's a liability

Can't hear you over World Tree proc'ing on Fortify.

Vestaria_Saga_I_10_12_2023_19_56_25.png?

Oh God and here we go. How can Kaga be so blind as to not realize the gold he had in his hands?

Vestaria_Saga_I_10_12_2023_19_58_53.png?

Even Theodel saw it!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

By the same guy who wrote in a subplot where a girl gets sold into slavery, is made a slave dancer

I will maintain that up to here, if it had been better written and treated with the gravitas it deserved, it could've been made into something. "How far are you willing to go for gameplay benefits" sort of thing.

and then is like "you know I actually kinda liked it".

Of course, Kaga will Kaga.

Well I can tell you that the playthrough stopped at the route split cause everyone in Clyde's side was under leveled as hell.

To be entirely fair, you are given generous amounts of experience in the route split map that are intended to catch up any underleveled stooges you might have. Also I'm up to chapter 11 now and I'm still using everyone except like, five units. Deployment slots aren't so stingy that you should've been able to just bench half the entire army. So I really feel you're being way overdramatic, but still, it's definitely not the best way he could've handled that. VS2 does its splits way better, mainly because there's so many of them that you won't ever have a chance to really bench anyone.

...Also who the fuck is Clyde lol

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't hear you over World Tree proc'ing on Fortify.

Do I look like I care?

...Oh... I forgot Cyltan could climb the ladder in the Shyft chapter. And that he could talk to Ke'mar. And that this was necessary to recruit Ma'aya next map. And I already beat all three maps since the Shyft mission.

...Welp. Whoops! Guess I missed Horrible Peggy-Sue #3. So sad. Haggler's a shame but if it comes to that I can always promote Cezar.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I absolutely love this

0/10 no Fates capture

Edited by Saint Rubenio